Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

Default The Medical Industrial Complex

On Apr 7, 6:49*am, Frank > wrote:

> > Also longevity is not the same as health. To live long with a health
> > problem that does not kill is not the same as being healthy. *Do not
> > confuse between longevity and health.

> Tell those with health problems being managed that they are better off
> dead. *I know of very few that would agree with you.

I did not say they are better off dead. I said only that there is a
difference between longevity and health.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

On Apr 7, 4:28*pm, Jerry > wrote:
> On Apr 7, 6:49*am, Frank > wrote:
>
> > > Also longevity is not the same as health. To live long with a health
> > > problem that does not kill is not the same as being healthy. *Do not
> > > confuse between longevity and health.

> > Tell those with health problems being managed that they are better off
> > dead. *I know of very few that would agree with you.

> I did not say they are better off dead. I said only that there is a
> difference between longevity and health.

Yes, objective is to live long and be in good health. They are not
exclusive.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

On 4/8/2010 7:52 AM, Frank wrote:

>>> Tell those with health problems being managed that they are better off
>>> dead. I know of very few that would agree with you.

>> I did not say they are better off dead. I said only that there is a
>> difference between longevity and health.

> Yes, objective is to live long and be in good health. They are not
> exclusive.

I've seen cancer. I'll take dead in preference.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

On Apr 8, 5:52*am, Frank > wrote:

> > > Tell those with health problems being managed that they are better off
> > > dead. *I know of very few that would agree with you.

> > I did not say they are better off dead. I said only that there is a
> > difference between longevity and health.

> Yes, objective is to live long and be in good health. *They are not
> exclusive.

My point was merely that altho longevity is an easy measure of health,
it is not a very accurate measure of health. So in the discussion of
whether people are healthier or less healthy than 100 years ago, life
expectancy may be misleading measure, especially with modern
technology that enables people to live a long time with bad health. To
measure -health- (not longevity) is not so easy.

I did not say or suggest or imply that longevity is bad or that life
is not worth living if one is sick or that there is a tradeoff between
longevity and health. Merely that there is a difference. A difference
does not mean a tradeoff.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

In article
Frank > wrote:

> > > Tell those with health problems being managed that they are better off
> > > dead. *I know of very few that would agree with you.

> > I did not say they are better off dead. I said only that there is a
> > difference between longevity and health.

> Yes, objective is to live long and be in good health. They are not
> exclusive.

Come on, Frank. Your always telling us that you are a CHEMIST. Say
something "chemisty";O)
--
- Billy