Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

Default The Medical Industrial Complex

In article >, Tom Emano >
wrote:

> I remember being a kid in the 1950's. People were a LOT healthier
> then. Almost no one had health insurance and they rarely went to
> the doctor and rarely took drugs of any kind. The average person
> could work hard all day long and enjoy it. Serious illnesses were
> so rare that they were newsworthy and became the talk of the
> town. Healthy old people died peacefully in their sleep after
> playing with their great-grandchildren all day long.

Before technological intervention on a massive scale, natural selection
took care of bad gene combinations. FWIW, I think the liberal process of
protecting people from bad throws of genetic dice cannot go on for many
more generations. Liberals have to stop trying to prevent natural
selection while conservatives have to stop denying evolution is at the
center of human and other biology.

Bill

--
An old man would be better off never having been born.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

On 4/7/2010 10:59 AM, Salmon Egg wrote:
> In >, Tom >
> wrote:
>
>> I remember being a kid in the 1950's. People were a LOT healthier
>> then. Almost no one had health insurance and they rarely went to
>> the doctor and rarely took drugs of any kind. The average person
>> could work hard all day long and enjoy it. Serious illnesses were
>> so rare that they were newsworthy and became the talk of the
>> town. Healthy old people died peacefully in their sleep after
>> playing with their great-grandchildren all day long.

> Before technological intervention on a massive scale, natural selection
> took care of bad gene combinations. FWIW, I think the liberal process of
> protecting people from bad throws of genetic dice cannot go on for many
> more generations. Liberals have to stop trying to prevent natural
> selection while conservatives have to stop denying evolution is at the
> center of human and other biology.

"Conservatives" don't deny this. There's a lunatic fringe that does,
but they're not the mainstream. Unfortunately the press gives them good
coverage--if the press would just ignore them the world would be a
better place.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

Liberals? It's the conservative who don't want defective babies aborted,
who wanted to keep Terry Schiavo alive.

Salmon Egg wrote:

| Before technological intervention on a massive scale, natural
| selection took care of bad gene combinations. FWIW, I think the
| liberal process of protecting people from bad throws of genetic dice
| cannot go on for many more generations. Liberals have to stop trying
| to prevent natural selection while conservatives have to stop denying
| evolution is at the center of human and other biology.
|
| Bill

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

In article >,
"J. Clarke" > wrote:

> > Before technological intervention on a massive scale, natural selection
> > took care of bad gene combinations. FWIW, I think the liberal process of
> > protecting people from bad throws of genetic dice cannot go on for many
> > more generations. Liberals have to stop trying to prevent natural
> > selection while conservatives have to stop denying evolution is at the
> > center of human and other biology.

> "Conservatives" don't deny this. There's a lunatic fringe that does,
> but they're not the mainstream. Unfortunately the press gives them good
> coverage--if the press would just ignore them the world would be a
> better place.

Having once been a conservative Republican, I see no conflict between
being conservative and believing evolution takes place. Starting with
Ronald Reagan, however, the conservative nuts have taken over the
Republican party. As a consequence, I reluctantly became a Democrat.

Bill

--
An old man would be better off never having been born.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem

Dear Salmon Egg:

On Apr 7, 12:03*pm, Salmon Egg > wrote:
> As a consequence, I reluctantly became a Democrat.

"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." -
Will Rogers

David A. Smith