Posted to alt.anarchism,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.society.anarchy

Default Anarcho-Left Meltdown as Radical Infighting Turns Violent

Long article, just quoting the hillarious pieing. Be careful when you leave the cult ...

http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2010/...turns-violent/

Pies-in-face attack roils anarchist-vegan world

An ex-vegan who was hit with chili pepper-laced pies at an anarchist event in San Francisco said
Tuesday that her assailants were cowards who should direct their herbivorous rage at the powerful -
not at a fellow radical for writing a book denouncing animal-free diets.

Lierre Keith, a 45-year-old Arcata resident, was attacked at 2:15 p.m. Saturday at the 15th annual
Bay Area Anarchist Book Fair while discussing her 2009 book, "The Myth of Vegetarianism." A 20-year
vegan, Keith now argues that the diet is unhealthy and that agriculture is destroying the world.

As Keith stood at a lectern at the Hall of Flowers in Golden Gate Park, three people in masks and
black hooded sweatshirts ran from backstage, shouted, "Go vegan!" and threw pies in her face. While
they fled, some in the audience cheered or handed out leaflets

Posted to alt.anarchism,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.society.anarchy

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.food.vegan.]

On alt.food.vegan, Eric Gisin > wrote:

> Long article, just quoting the hillarious pieing. Be careful
> when you leave the cult ...
>
> http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2010/...-left-meltdown
> -as-radical-infighting-turns-violent/
>
> Pies-in-face attack roils anarchist-vegan world
>
> An ex-vegan who was hit with chili pepper-laced pies at
> an anarchist event in San Francisco said Tuesday that her
> assailants were cowards who should direct their herbivorous
> rage at the powerful - not at a fellow radical for writing a
> book denouncing animal-free diets.
>
> Lierre Keith, a 45-year-old Arcata resident, was attacked
> at 2:15 p.m. Saturday at the 15th annual Bay Area Anarchist
> Book Fair while discussing her 2009 book, "The Myth of
> Vegetarianism." A 20-year vegan,

> Keith now argues that the diet
> is unhealthy and that agriculture is destroying the world.

What a joke. It is animal agriculture that is doing so much
damage to the planet.

Takes about 3-1/4 acres just to feed the animals that the typical
American/Brit (etc.) eats the products of.
A vegan can live off 1/10 acre.

It takes 5 gallons of water to raise a pound of wheat and
5000 gallons of water to raise a pound of beef, and they
have about the same amount of protein.

> As Keith stood at a lectern at the Hall of Flowers in Golden
> Gate Park, three people in masks and black hooded sweatshirts
> ran from backstage, shouted, "Go vegan!" and threw pies in her
> face. While they fled, some in the audience cheered or handed
> out leaflets

I don't get it. "Vegetarians" are carnivores. They eat animal
products. They are phonies. Wannabees.

An herbivore eats no animal products. Like a 'vegan'.
That's what counts.

Doesn't matter whether the cow is being raised for milk
or meat.

[OT: My killfile has 600+ entries. Be reasonable and reasonably
civil or I'll killfile you so fast it'll make your head spin.]

Sid

Posted to alt.anarchism,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.society.anarchy

On 2010-03-23 19:57, Eric Gisin wrote:
> Long article, just quoting the hillarious pieing. Be careful when you
> leave the cult ...
>
> http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2010/...turns-violent/
>

> Pies-in-face attack roils anarchist-vegan world
>
> An ex-vegan who was hit with chili pepper-laced pies at an anarchist
> event in San Francisco said Tuesday that her assailants were cowards who
> should direct their herbivorous rage at the powerful - not at a fellow
> radical for writing a book denouncing animal-free diets.
>
> Lierre Keith, a 45-year-old Arcata resident, was attacked at 2:15 p.m.
> Saturday at the 15th annual Bay Area Anarchist Book Fair while
> discussing her 2009 book, "The Myth of Vegetarianism." A 20-year vegan,
> Keith now argues that the diet is unhealthy and that agriculture is
> destroying the world.
>
> As Keith stood at a lectern at the Hall of Flowers in Golden Gate Park,
> three people in masks and black hooded sweatshirts ran from backstage,
> shouted, "Go vegan!" and threw pies in her face. While they fled, some
> in the audience cheered or handed out leaflets

Bullseye! Another glorious victory for the Breatharyan Liberation
Front! This will teach them to eat while millions starve! Free air,
not free lunch! Long live the Karen Carpenter Brigade!

Posted to alt.anarchism,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.society.anarchy

Frito Pendejo > wrote:

> On 2010-03-23 19:57, Eric Gisin wrote:
>
>> Long article, just quoting the hillarious pieing. Be careful
>> when you leave the cult ...
>>
>> http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2010/...o-left-meltdow
>> n-as-radical-infighting-turns-violent/
>>
>> Pies-in-face attack roils anarchist-vegan world
>>
>> An ex-vegan who was hit with chili pepper-laced pies at
>> an anarchist event in San Francisco said Tuesday that her
>> assailants were cowards who should direct their herbivorous
>> rage at the powerful - not at a fellow radical for writing a
>> book denouncing animal-free diets.
>>
>> Lierre Keith, a 45-year-old Arcata resident, was attacked
>> at 2:15 p.m. Saturday at the 15th annual Bay Area Anarchist
>> Book Fair while discussing her 2009 book, "The Myth of
>> Vegetarianism." A 20-year vegan, Keith now argues that the
>> diet is unhealthy and that agriculture is destroying the
>> world.
>>
>> As Keith stood at a lectern at the Hall of Flowers in Golden
>> Gate Park, three people in masks and black hooded sweatshirts
>> ran from backstage, shouted, "Go vegan!" and threw pies in her
>> face. While they fled, some in the audience cheered or handed
>> out leaflets

> Bullseye! Another glorious victory for the Breatharyan
> Liberation Front! This will teach them to eat while millions
> starve! Free air, not free lunch! Long live the Karen Carpenter
> Brigade!

The carny (animal product) dietstyle is doing an enormous amount
of damage to this planet. It takes about 3-1/4 acre per person
just to grow the food necessary to feed the animals that provide
those products. And this is with industrial agriculture that
eventually destroys the land it uses. A lot more if the animals
are grazing grasslands (natural or created by destroying forestlands).

An herby can live off of 1/10 of an acre that can easily be tended
with human power.

It takes about 5000 gallons of freshwater to produce a pound
of cow flesh and about 5 gallons of freshwater to produce a
pound of wheat. They both have about the same amount of
protein. There are critical freshwater shortages all over
the planet, more every year.

The carny diet is extremely labor-energy intensive compared
to the herby diet: It is highly inefficient.

The corrupt psuedo-scientists, dwelling comfortably in the
pockets of the multi-national corporations tell us we need
animal products to be healthy. They lie.

Sid

Posted to alt.anarchism,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.society.anarchy

"Sidney Lambe" > wrote in message
> Frito Pendejo > wrote:
>
>> Bullseye! Another glorious victory for the Breatharyan
>> Liberation Front! This will teach them to eat while millions
>> starve! Free air, not free lunch! Long live the Karen Carpenter
>> Brigade!
>>

> The carny (animal product) dietstyle is doing an enormous amount
> of damage to this planet. It takes about 3-1/4 acre per person
> just to grow the food necessary to feed the animals that provide
> those products. And this is with industrial agriculture that
> eventually destroys the land it uses. A lot more if the animals
> are grazing grasslands (natural or created by destroying forestlands).

It takes 5X the calories in feed to produce beef.
Nobody gets all their calories from beef, perhaps 10%. That means 50% extra land.

> An herby can live off of 1/10 of an acre that can easily be tended
> with human power.

Science uses liters, kilos, and hectares.
A basic vegi diet using modern agriculture needs 0.1 hectare per person.

> It takes about 5000 gallons of freshwater to produce a pound
> of cow flesh and about 5 gallons of freshwater to produce a
> pound of wheat. They both have about the same amount of
> protein. There are critical freshwater shortages all over
> the planet, more every year.

There is no set amount of water a cow need. Depends on feed crops.

All plants transpire at least 100X their dry mass in water.
This whole water argument is stupid, the majority of grains/legumes
grown get all the water they need from the sky gods.
If people are short of water, build some ****ing dams, especially in Africa.

> The carny diet is extremely labor-energy intensive compared
> to the herby diet: It is highly inefficient.

Idiot.

> The corrupt psuedo-scientists, dwelling comfortably in the
> pockets of the multi-national corporations tell us we need
> animal products to be healthy. They lie.

****ing paranoid green idiot. Take your meds.
Stop changing the newgroups, Troll Boy.

Posted to alt.anarchism,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.society.anarchy

On 2010-03-27 17:29, Sidney Lambe wrote:
> Frito > wrote:
>> Bullseye! Another glorious victory for the Breatharyan
>> Liberation Front! This will teach them to eat while millions
>> starve! Free air, not free lunch! Long live the Karen Carpenter
>> Brigade!
>>

> The carny (animal product) dietstyle is doing an enormous amount
> of damage to this planet. It takes about 3-1/4 acre per person
> just to grow the food necessary to feed the animals that provide
> those products. And this is with industrial agriculture that
> eventually destroys the land it uses. A lot more if the animals
> are grazing grasslands (natural or created by destroying forestlands).
>
> An herby can live off of 1/10 of an acre that can easily be tended
> with human power.
>
> It takes about 5000 gallons of freshwater to produce a pound
> of cow flesh and about 5 gallons of freshwater to produce a
> pound of wheat. They both have about the same amount of
> protein. There are critical freshwater shortages all over
> the planet, more every year.
>
> The carny diet is extremely labor-energy intensive compared
> to the herby diet: It is highly inefficient.
>
> The corrupt psuedo-scientists, dwelling comfortably in the
> pockets of the multi-national corporations tell us we need
> animal products to be healthy. They lie.

I have no problem with people CHOOSING to eat a vegetarian diet, but I
get the impression that you wouldn't give them a choice. Remember that
free will is what separates humans from domestic animals -- people get
to choose what they eat, dogs and cattle don't. If you had your way,
people would be fed rations of nutritionally-balanced and
environmentally-friendly Soylent Green.
Posted to alt.anarchism,alt.food.vegan,alt.politics.libertarian,alt.society.anarchy

Frito Pendejo > wrote:

> On 2010-03-27 17:29, Sidney Lambe wrote:
>
>> Frito > wrote:
>>
>>> Bullseye! Another glorious victory for the Breatharyan
>>> Liberation Front! This will teach them to eat while millions
>>> starve! Free air, not free lunch! Long live the Karen
>>> Carpenter Brigade!

>> The carny (animal product) dietstyle is doing an enormous
>> amount of damage to this planet. It takes about 3-1/4 acre per
>> person just to grow the food necessary to feed the animals
>> that provide those products. And this is with industrial
>> agriculture that eventually destroys the land it uses. A lot
>> more if the animals are grazing grasslands (natural or created
>> by destroying forestlands).
>>
>> An herby can live off of 1/10 of an acre that can easily be
>> tended with human power.
>>
>> It takes about 5000 gallons of freshwater to produce a pound
>> of cow flesh and about 5 gallons of freshwater to produce
>> a pound of wheat. They both have about the same amount of
>> protein. There are critical freshwater shortages all over the
>> planet, more every year.
>>
>> The carny diet is extremely labor-energy intensive compared to
>> the herby diet: It is highly inefficient.
>>
>> The corrupt psuedo-scientists, dwelling comfortably in the
>> pockets of the multi-national corporations tell us we need
>> animal products to be healthy. They lie.

> I have no problem with people CHOOSING to eat a vegetarian
> diet, but I get the impression that you wouldn't give them a
> choice. Remember that free will is what separates humans from
> domestic animals -- people get to choose what they eat, dogs
> and cattle don't.

There are obviously necessary restrictions on free will
everywhere.

It is unlawful to kill your neighbor because you don't like
the music he plays, for example.

Trashing the planet that sustains us is killing, and will kill, a
hell of a lot of people, directly and indirectly. And has turned
and will turn the lives of a lot more into hellish experiences.

> If you had your way, people would be fed rations of
> nutritionally-balanced and environmentally-friendly Soylent
> Green.

I said nothing that would lead a rational person to that
conclusion.

If I had "my" way, we'd all have about 4000 square feet
of gardens per person in our back yards. A 1000 square
feet (approximately an are [1/100 of a hectare]) is
about 33 feet on a side. No-till, intensive gardening.
Uses very little water and takes very little work
compared to 'conventional' tilled, row gardening.

Sid