Old 01-11-2004, 11:20 PM
rick etter

"John Coleman" wrote in message

Milk and eggs aren't vegetarian, no matter how much
you equivocate on the term and try to hijack it.

so what is an ovo-lacto-vegetarian?
========================

A weak-willed wannbe that doesn't have a clue. Oh, kinda like you, eh
killer?

No matter how many adjectives you try to put in front, it still means you
aren't vegetarian....

John

Old 03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
John Coleman

"K D B" wrote in message
om...
"John Coleman" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in message
"Digger" wrote:

To me, the word vegetarian refers to a creature that does not

presently
eat
meat.

And you would be wrong, as the demonstration using
a lion cub shows. The lion cub nourishes itself on its
mother's animal fats and proteins, and then goes on to
eat meat. It was never a vegetarian and never will be,
so this exception alone shows your rule to be flawed.

I am a vegetarian and have been all my life. I consume dairy products

and
have done all my life. Vegans do not. Understand?

Of course milk is not a vegan food source! Of course it is a

vegetarian
food
source. Vegetarians have no problem with animal by-products such as

milk.
The animal is not killed for their production.

Many of the males of the species in question are because they don't

produce
milk.

What species? Dairy cattle do not constitute a species.

I never said anything about dairy cattle being a species. I simply refered
to "the species", but male offspring would be a better phrase.

reason you cited for their slaughter is innacurate. They are not
kiiled "because they don't produce milk", they are killed for the same
reason beef cattle (also not a species) are killed: for meat. For

Many male offspring are killed immediately if they are weak - they do not
get reared and go to market as do the stronger ones, instead they are
burried (illegally) in fields or otherwise disposed of probably for pet
food. If they were female they would have lived to be exploited for milk.

John

Dan Congs considered bitter? Rainy Tea 5 11-10-2008 03:49 AM
Have You Considered Raccoon...??? Gregory Morrow[_34_] General Cooking 1 18-01-2008 02:27 PM
why is breast feeding considered vegan? magnulus Vegan 42 07-11-2004 03:48 AM
Why is fried food considered unhealthy? Saerah General Cooking 46 31-07-2004 08:11 AM