Klaus Juergen Osswald

Default Vitamin B12 & Spirulina, what is true then ?

Hi,

I'm vegetarian since four years, but have a tendency
to vegan diet. Reason: Eggs my stomach hardly can take
& after leaving cheese away, kind of throat ache
has disappeared. Good. Then I became worried about
creating B 12 malnutrition & decided to take Spirulina,
which seemed to have a positive effect on my body
(only taking it for two weeks now).
Today though I read about possible bad side effects
of Spirulina them only giving analogue B 12 (not real)
to the body, with the effect that real absorption of B 12
could be blocked. This I took from "Comparative Anatomy updated"
by T. Billings. Many other inforamtion don't mention
any about "wrong B12 in Spirulina". So what is realiable
information and how do I really make sure there is
no B 12 deficiency created ? Thanks.
Steve

http://www.veganhealth.org

--
Steve
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

Be a healthy Vegan or Vegetarian
http://geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real unless it can be seen
on television or bought in a shopping mall"
John Coleman

> Today though I read about possible bad side effects
> of Spirulina them only giving analogue B 12 (not real)
> to the body, with the effect that real absorption of B 12
> could be blocked. This I took from "Comparative Anatomy updated"
> by T. Billings. Many other inforamtion don't mention
> any about "wrong B12 in Spirulina". So what is realiable
> information and how do I really make sure there is
> no B 12 deficiency created ? Thanks.

Spirulina may not be a reliable source of vitamin B12, but I have not seen
evidence indicating that all of the various brands are no good. The best
thing is to take a supplement because then you can be very sure.

There is also a fruit extract available in granual form that is said to be a
source of genuine B12.
http://www.pandalis.de/english/produ...granulate.html

John

John Coleman

vitamin A Shemilajon Tea 0 16-02-2012 11:33 AM
Black seed - Organic spirulina johnzee General 0 17-08-2011 05:57 PM
spirulina yovaly Vegan 3 01-06-2010 08:19 AM
att .....which some sick bastards do eat. Spirulina and Chlorella. Vegan 1 12-11-2006 05:41 PM
Vitamin B12 Ingo Seibold Vegan 15 28-04-2004 01:05 AM