Steve

That One Guy wrote:
> Hi,
> Okay, I'm not a "Flexitarian" I'm "Near Vegetarian". I've decided
> to go full vegetarian on my Birthday (October 7th, I'll be 20). Good
> gift huh.
> Also, I've decided to make my New Year's Resolution to become Vegan!
> I've been Listening to "Veganism in a Nutshell" on Goveg.com and it
> is interesting.
> I am glad I have made this decision!
> - Matt

I have recently helped a coworker go vegetarian. I perused the "starter
kits" out there before I settled on material to give to her.

I think Vegan Outreach has the best "vegan starter kit" ( just add milk
and eggs ). It has the most down to earth philosophy and it tells the
reader what s/he should know about nutrtion. I just did not see that in
the other starter kits.

Its free, you can read it online, you can download it as a pdf, or they
will mail you a print copy for free.

It takes about an hour to read but it will pay you back in a lot of
avoided mistakes:

http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack/

If you don't read it, just head this one warning. Many new lacto-ova
vegetarians replace meat with milk and end up getting an iron deficency
......milk has next to no iron in it.

HTH

Steve

--
Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Steve

That One Guy wrote:
> Hi,
> Okay, I'm not a "Flexitarian" I'm "Near Vegetarian". I've decided
> to go full vegetarian on my Birthday (October 7th, I'll be 20). Good
> gift huh.
> Also, I've decided to make my New Year's Resolution to become Vegan!
> I've been Listening to "Veganism in a Nutshell" on Goveg.com and it
> is interesting.
> I am glad I have made this decision!
> - Matt

I have recently helped a coworker go vegetarian. I perused the "starter
kits" out there before I settled on material to give to her.

I think Vegan Outreach has the best "vegan starter kit" ( just add milk
and eggs ). It has the most down to earth philosophy and it tells the
reader what s/he should know about nutrtion. I just did not see that in
the other starter kits.

Its free, you can read it online, you can download it as a pdf, or they
will mail you a print copy for free.

It takes about an hour to read but it will pay you back in a lot of
avoided mistakes:

http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack/

If you don't read it, just head this one warning. Many new lacto-ova
vegetarians replace meat with milk and end up getting an iron deficency
......milk has next to no iron in it.

HTH

Steve

--
Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

That One Guy

> Its free, you can read it online, you can download it as a pdf, or they
> will mail you a print copy for free.

Awesome, I'll go print it now! Thanks
- Matt
That One Guy

> Its free, you can read it online, you can download it as a pdf, or they
> will mail you a print copy for free.

Awesome, I'll go print it now! Thanks
- Matt

Big Bunny

Hi, Matt:

Several months ago I made the change from vegetarian to vegan. I had
convinced myself that it would be really hard, but it was actually
very easy. I don't miss dairy and eggs at all because there are so
many terrific soy substitutes.

Best of luck.

(That One Guy) wrote in message . com>...
> Hi,
> Okay, I'm not a "Flexitarian" I'm "Near Vegetarian". I've decided
> to go full vegetarian on my Birthday (October 7th, I'll be 20). Good
> gift huh.
> Also, I've decided to make my New Year's Resolution to become Vegan!
> I've been Listening to "Veganism in a Nutshell" on Goveg.com and it
> is interesting.
> I am glad I have made this decision!
> - Matt

That One Guy

> Hi, Matt:
>
> Several months ago I made the change from vegetarian to vegan. I had
> convinced myself that it would be really hard, but it was actually
> very easy. I don't miss dairy and eggs at all because there are so
> many terrific soy substitutes.
>
> Best of luck.

Awesome! I am so going veg on my birthday. Thanks!
- Matt
That One Guy

> Hi, Matt:
>
> Several months ago I made the change from vegetarian to vegan. I had
> convinced myself that it would be really hard, but it was actually
> very easy. I don't miss dairy and eggs at all because there are so
> many terrific soy substitutes.
>
> Best of luck.

Awesome! I am so going veg on my birthday. Thanks!
- Matt
That One Guy

> I think Vegan Outreach has the best "vegan starter kit" ( just add milk
> and eggs ). It has the most down to earth philosophy and it tells the
> reader what s/he should know about nutrtion. I just did not see that in
> the other starter kits.
>
> Its free, you can read it online, you can download it as a pdf, or they
> will mail you a print copy for free.
>
> It takes about an hour to read but it will pay you back in a lot of
> avoided mistakes:

I just recieved it in the mail! Wow, that was a lot faster than the
vegetarian starter kit. I've got it on my fridge. It's cool.
- Matt
That One Guy

> I think Vegan Outreach has the best "vegan starter kit" ( just add milk
> and eggs ). It has the most down to earth philosophy and it tells the
> reader what s/he should know about nutrtion. I just did not see that in
> the other starter kits.
>
> Its free, you can read it online, you can download it as a pdf, or they
> will mail you a print copy for free.
>
> It takes about an hour to read but it will pay you back in a lot of
> avoided mistakes:

I just recieved it in the mail! Wow, that was a lot faster than the
vegetarian starter kit. I've got it on my fridge. It's cool.
- Matt

Megan Milligan

and in the case of vegans, while it's advised (obviously) you get your
vitamins & minerals from as many whole food sources as possible, this is one
case where a supplement may help out. i'm near anemic so I have to take an
iron supplement, especially before times I donate blood. i get ferrous
gluconate tablets from National Vitamin Company (they're a california outfit
but they have a factory here, so a lot of their product is pretty fresh).

--
Megan Milligan

> If you don't read it, just head this one warning. Many new lacto-ova
> vegetarians replace meat with milk and end up getting an iron deficency
> .....milk has next to no iron in it.

---

Megan Milligan

and in the case of vegans, while it's advised (obviously) you get your
vitamins & minerals from as many whole food sources as possible, this is one
case where a supplement may help out. i'm near anemic so I have to take an
iron supplement, especially before times I donate blood. i get ferrous
gluconate tablets from National Vitamin Company (they're a california outfit
but they have a factory here, so a lot of their product is pretty fresh).

--
Megan Milligan

> If you don't read it, just head this one warning. Many new lacto-ova
> vegetarians replace meat with milk and end up getting an iron deficency
> .....milk has next to no iron in it.

---

Chad Michael Mallett

Great Matt, I am happy for you man. If you need any advice, I'd be willing
to help. I am a Vegan myself and have been one since I was 17. I am now 25.
Thanks for your post and goodluck.

-chad-

"That One Guy" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
> Okay, I'm not a "Flexitarian" I'm "Near Vegetarian". I've decided
> to go full vegetarian on my Birthday (October 7th, I'll be 20). Good
> gift huh.
> Also, I've decided to make my New Year's Resolution to become Vegan!
> I've been Listening to "Veganism in a Nutshell" on Goveg.com and it
> is interesting.
> I am glad I have made this decision!
> - Matt

Chad Michael Mallett

Great Matt, I am happy for you man. If you need any advice, I'd be willing
to help. I am a Vegan myself and have been one since I was 17. I am now 25.
Thanks for your post and goodluck.

-chad-

"That One Guy" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
> Okay, I'm not a "Flexitarian" I'm "Near Vegetarian". I've decided
> to go full vegetarian on my Birthday (October 7th, I'll be 20). Good
> gift huh.
> Also, I've decided to make my New Year's Resolution to become Vegan!
> I've been Listening to "Veganism in a Nutshell" on Goveg.com and it
> is interesting.
> I am glad I have made this decision!
> - Matt

PATRICK D'ACRE

Aloha,

We, from the Blossoming Lotus Restaurant, in Hawaii, are presenting our
award winning lifestyle book, Vegan World Fusion Cuisine, combining ancient
wisdom with modern healthy eating recipes, in our college campaign. This
program is starting on your campus, in the next 2 weeks, and we'd like to
know how we can arrange for your bookstore to carry our book.

Please visit this site, and let us know how you handle new book
acquisitions:

http://www.veganfusion.com

Thank you from paradise,

Patrick Michaels

Recipes for a Peaceful Planet
"Chad Michael Mallett" > wrote in message
> Great Matt, I am happy for you man. If you need any advice, I'd be willing
> to help. I am a Vegan myself and have been one since I was 17. I am now

25.
> Thanks for your post and goodluck.
>
> -chad-
>

> "That One Guy" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi,
> > Okay, I'm not a "Flexitarian" I'm "Near Vegetarian". I've decided
> > to go full vegetarian on my Birthday (October 7th, I'll be 20). Good
> > gift huh.
> > Also, I've decided to make my New Year's Resolution to become Vegan!
> > I've been Listening to "Veganism in a Nutshell" on Goveg.com and it
> > is interesting.
> > I am glad I have made this decision!
> > - Matt

Why Vegan Instead of Just Vegetarian?? Prisoner at War Vegan 211 08-03-2008 09:33 PM
Why Vegan Instead of Just Vegetarian?? pearl[_1_] Vegan 137 04-03-2008 05:08 PM
Vegan and Vegetarian Quotes Ed Vegan 4 10-12-2006 08:28 PM
Vegan and Vegetarian Quotes Scott Vegan 1 09-12-2006 07:28 PM
FA: Four Vegetarian Books for children, mothers, etc. VEGAN VEGETARIAN Mark General Cooking 0 05-08-2004 09:11 PM