FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   I'm making a Flexitarian site. (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/34113-im-making-flexitarian-site.html)

That One Guy 08-09-2004 07:27 PM

I'm making a Flexitarian site.

Hello,
I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
you guys will anyway.
- Matt

BlueHeron 08-09-2004 08:21 PM

Wow, you mean a site for omnivores? Crazy!

-- Blue

BlueHeron 08-09-2004 08:21 PM

Steve 08-09-2004 08:21 PM

That One Guy wrote:

> Hello,
> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> you guys will anyway.
> - Matt

I am greatful that near vegetarians have found their own word.

Beyond that the concept bothers me as I have an ethical component in my
being a vegan.

You sound like a nice guy, but coming here with that is like going to a
church to advertise an agnostics club.

Best of luck to you

--
Steve
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real unless it can be seen
on television or bought in a shopping mall"

Be a healthy Vegan or Vegetarian
http://geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html

Steve 08-09-2004 08:21 PM

Randell Tarin 08-09-2004 08:48 PM

I visited your site. It's kinda like a doing a Google search on
"flexitarian" and not getting very many hits. What's the point?

If your going to have a website, you should do something unique. Then it
will be worth visiting.

--RT

in article , BlueHeron at

Randell Tarin 08-09-2004 08:48 PM

Steve 08-09-2004 08:55 PM

That One Guy wrote:
> Hello,
> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> you guys will anyway.
> - Matt

From:
http://www.eco-cuisine.com/

FLEXITARIANŽ - A Statement

Recent information in various media have included misuse of the
trademarked term, FlexitarianŽ. This statement provides an explanation
of the term FlexitarianŽ and describes its use.
FlexitarianŽ was trademarked by Eco-CuisineŽ and defines a newly
developed line of vegetarian plant based products developed for health
conscious consumers. FlexitarianŽ products are suitable for all types of
vegetarian diets: vegan, ovo, lacto, or lacto ovo. The products do not
contain or require animal based ingredients in their preparation.
FlexitarianŽ products are also ideal for non-vegetarian health conscious
consumers who are eating more vegetarian products as part of healthy
dietary lifestyle and will not sacrifice taste for nutrition.

Eco-CuisineŽ FlexitarianŽ plant based vegan products include vegetarian
proteins, broth powders, bakery mixes, and soy puddings. Animal proteins
can be added to Eco-CuisineŽ vegetarian meat analogues (proteins) to
vary the texture, flavor and nutritional profile. Eco-CuisineŽ bakery
mixes function perfectly as plant based vegan products. However, dairy
and egg may be added to expand applications and flavor profiles. Sauces
made with Eco-CuisineŽ vegetarian broth powders (beef style, chicken
style, ham style and vegetable) can be incorporated into meat recipes or
used to deglaze pans in which meats were prepared.

Eco-CuisineŽ FlexitarianŽ plant based products offer foodservice
operators and chefs the flexible vegetarian and meat based culinary
applications necessary to appease today’s health conscious consumer
which includes part time vegetarians. FlexitarianŽ products meet the
need for healthy, great tasting dining alternatives for vegetarians and
non-vegetarians alike.

Steve 08-09-2004 08:55 PM

From:

Steve 08-09-2004 08:57 PM

That One Guy wrote:

> Hello,
> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> you guys will anyway.
> - Matt

If you eat meat you are not a vegetarian

From:
http://geocities.com/beforewisdom/Ve...smDefined.html

Definition: quoted from WWWebster http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary :
Main Entry: vegˇeˇtarˇiˇanˇism
Pronunciation: -E-&-"ni-z&m
Function: noun
Date: circa 1851
: the theory or practice of living on a diet made up of vegetables,
fruits, grains, nuts, and sometimes eggs or dairy products

Definition: quoted from WWWebster http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary :

Main Entry: vegˇan
Pronunciation: 'vE-g&n also 'vA- also 've-j&n or -"jan
Function: noun
Etymology: by contraction from vegetarian
Date: 1944
: a strict vegetarian who consumes no animal food or dairy products;
also : one who abstains from using animal products (as leather)

Definition: quoted from Britannica.com
http://www.britannica.com/bcom/eb/ar...html?kw=animal
animal (kingdom Animalia),
any of a group of multicellular eukaryotic organisms (i.e., as distinct
from bacteria, their deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA, is contained in a
membrane-bound nucleus). They are thought to have evolved independently
from the unicellular eukaryotes. Animals differ from members of the two
other kingdoms of multicellular eukaryotes, the plants (Plantae) and the
fungi (Mycota), in fundamental variations in morphology and physiology.
This is largely because animals have developed muscles and hence
mobility, a characteristic that has stimulated the further development
of tissues and organ systems.

Definitions: quoted from the FAQ at The International Vegetarian Union site:
Vegan: excludes animal flesh (meat, poultry, fish and seafood), animal
products (eggs and dairy), and usually excludes honey and the wearing
and use of animal products (leather, silk, wool, lanolin, gelatin...).
The major vegan societies all disallow honey, but some "vegans" still
use it. Some "vegans" also refuse to eat yeast products.

Dietary Vegan: follows a vegan diet, but doesn't necessarily try and
exclude non-food uses of animals.

Vegetarian: usually broken down further into OVO-LACTO, and LACTO.
Vegetarians may or may not try and minimize their non food use of
animals like vegans.

Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian: same as VEGAN, but also eats eggs and milk
products. This is the most 'popular' form of Vegetarianism.

Lacto Vegetarian: Same as VEGAN, but also eats milk products.

Veggie -- Shortened nick-name for a VEGETARIAN; often includes VEGANs.

Strict vegetarian: originally meant vegan, now can mean vegan or vegetarian.

The term 'Vegetarian' was coined in 1847. It was first formally used on
September 30th of that year by Joseph Brotherton and others, at
Northwood Villa in Kent, England. The occasion being the inaugural
meeting of the Vegetarian Society of the United Kingdom.

The word was derived from the Latin 'vegetus', meaning whole, sound,
fresh, lively; (it should not be confused with 'vegetable-arian' - a
mythical human whom some imagine subsisting entirely on vegetables but
no nuts, fruits, grains etc.!)

Prior to 1847, non-meat eaters were generally known as 'Pythagoreans' or
adherents of the 'Pythagorean System', after the ancient Greek
'vegetarian' Pythagoras.

The original definition of 'vegetarian' was "with or without eggs or
dairy products" and that definition is still used by the Vegetarian
Society today. However, most vegetarians in India exclude eggs from
their diet as did those in the classical Mediterranean lands, such as
Pythagoras.

Definitions of some other confusing terms

Semi-Vegetarian: Eats less meat than average person. See also PSEUDO
VEGETARIAN.

Pseudo Vegetarian: Claims to be vegetarian, but isn't. Often used by
VEGETARIANS to describe SEMI-VEGETARIANs, and PESCETARIANs.

Pescetarian: Same as VEGETARIAN, but also consumes fish. (often is a
person avoiding factory farming techniques...) See also PSEUDO VEGETARIAN.

Fruitarian: Same as VEGAN, but only eats foods that don't kill the plant
(apples can be picked without killing plant, carrots cannot).

Vegetable Consumer: Means anyone who consumes vegetables. Not
necessarily a VEGETARIAN.

Herbivo Mainly eats grass or plants. Not necessarily a VEGETARIAN.

Plant Eater: Mainly eats plants. Not necessarily a VEGETARIAN.

Nonmeat-Eater: Does not eat meat. Most definitions do not consider fish,
fowl or seafood to be meat. Animal fats and oils, bone meal and skin are
not considered meat.

Kosher: Made according to a complex set of Jewish dietary laws. Does not
imply VEGAN in any case. Does not imply OVO-LACTO VEGETARIAN in any
case. Even KOSHER products containing milk products may contain some
types of animals which are not considered 'meat'.

Pareve/Parve: One category in KOSHER dietary laws. Made without meat or
milk products or their derivatives. Eggs and true fish are pareve,
shellfish are not.

Nondairy: Does not have enough percentage of milk fat to be called
dairy. May actually contain milk or milk derivatives.

Non meat: Made without meat. May include eggs, milk, cheese. Sometimes
even included animal fats, seafood, fish, fowl.
Why Vegan?

VEGANISM may be defined as a way of living which seeks to exclude, as
far as possible and practical, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty
to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.

In dietary terms it refers to the practice of dispensing with *all*
animal produce - including meat, fish, poultry, eggs, animal milks,
honey, and their derivatives.

Abhorrence of the cruel practices inherent in dairy, livestock and
poultry farming is probably the single most common reason for the
adoption of veganism, but many people are drawn to it for health,
ecological, spiritual and other reasons.

"Land, energy and water resources for livestock agriculture range
anywhere from 10 to 1000 times greater than those necessary to produce
an equivalent amount of plant foods. And livestock agriculture does not
merely *use* these resources, it *depletes* them. This is a matter of
historical record. Most of the world's soil, erosion, groundwater
depletion, and deforestation -- factors now threatening the very basis
of our food system -- are the result of this particularly destructive
form of food production" (Keith Akers, p. 81, "A Vegetarian Source
book", 1989).

Words commonly used:

Vegan: excludes animal flesh (meat, poultry, fish and seafood), animal
products (eggs and dairy), and usually excludes honey and the wearing
and use of animal products (leather, silk, wool, lanolin, gelatin...).
The major vegan societies all disallow honey, but some "vegans" still
use it.

Strict vegetarian: originally meant vegan, now can mean vegan or
vegetarian. Pure vegetarian: as per strict vegetarian.

How is "vegan" Pronounced?

The word was invented by Donald Watson in the 1940's. It is pronounced
"vee-gun". This is the most common pronunciation in the UK today. No one
can say this pronunciation in "wrong", so this is also the politically
correct pronunciation.

In the US, common pronunciations are "vee-jan" and "vay-gn" in addition
to "vee-gn", though the American Vegan Society says the correct
pronunciation is as per the UK.

The UK, and US and other places have other pronunciations. This is
sometimes a touchy subject, so be prepared to change your pronunciation....

A little history

Here are some of Donald's own words from the early years (1945):

'Vegetarian' and 'Fruitarian' are already associated with societies that
allow the 'fruits' of cows and fowls, therefore.. we must make a new and
appropriate word... I have used the title 'The Vegan News'. Should we
adopt this, our diet will soon become known as the vegan diet and we
should aspire to the rank of vegans.

Steve 08-09-2004 08:57 PM

From:

Steve 08-09-2004 08:59 PM

That One Guy wrote:

> Hello,
> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> you guys will anyway.
> - Matt

From your site:
----------------------
Welcome to My Flexitarian Site! What is a Flexiraian? A Flexitarian is
simply a Flexible Vegetarian. People who for the most part follow a
vegetarian diet, but still like to have a little meat every now and then.

This is a Brand New Page, so this site may look different from time to time.

Come Back Soon!
----------------------

Dude, I am not attacking you, but if you eat meat, and you seem fine
with it, why do you insist on calling yourself a vegetarian?

Why don't you just consider yourself to be an omnivore who eats very
little meat?

Curious

Steve

Steve 08-09-2004 08:59 PM

That One Guy wrote:

> Hello,
> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> you guys will anyway.
> - Matt

From your site:
----------------------

Steve 08-09-2004 09:23 PM

That One Guy wrote:
> Hello,
> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> you guys will anyway.
> - Matt

Hi Matt;

You're set really envervated some issues with me. I'm sure you are as
decent a human being as any of us, but I have a real problem with the
concept and the word "flexitarian".

As I wrote before a vegerarian is a person who does not eat mat. If we
substitute that into your definition of "vegetarian who occasionally
eats meat", we get an absurdity:

"a person who does not eat meat who eats meat".

You have links for PETA on your web site which is something I don't
understand either. PETA stands for "People For The Ethical Treatment Of
Animals".

It is about ethics.

If you believe that it is wrong to buy meat/kill animals/contribute to
killing animals then it is wrong all of the time. How can it become
temporarily unwrong when you feel like indulging your tastes?

If you have ethical objections to using meat how can you make allowances
for indulging your tastes? If what happens to animals is horrible, it
is horrible. If you read PETA's websites you know that and by being a
flexitarian you are basically saying that your beliefs and what you know
about what happens to animals is not worth a modicum of self-denial in
giving up an occasional treat.

If you are not saying that then you are simply compartmentalizing,
denying and making rationalizations.

You end up coming off as a person who claims to have values but who
isn't willing to keep them.

If you eat mostly vegetarian for your health then there is no need to
call yourself a vegetarian or a flexitarian.

The word flexitarian itself has implied insult. Are we inflexible
because we believe eating meat is wrong and we back up that belief by
not eating meat?

I don't know you. Perhaps in real life we would be friends, but I have
major issues with your words and concepts.

Steve 08-09-2004 09:23 PM

rick etter 09-09-2004 12:51 AM

"Steve" > wrote in message
> That One Guy wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> > Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> > Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> > you guys will anyway.
> > - Matt

> Hi Matt;
>
> You're set really envervated some issues with me. I'm sure you are as
> decent a human being as any of us, but I have a real problem with the
> concept and the word "flexitarian".
>
> As I wrote before a vegerarian is a person who does not eat mat. If we
> substitute that into your definition of "vegetarian who occasionally
> eats meat", we get an absurdity:
>
> "a person who does not eat meat who eats meat".
>
> You have links for PETA on your web site which is something I don't
> understand either. PETA stands for "People For The Ethical Treatment Of
> Animals".
>
> It is about ethics.

====================
No, it is not. Look at their logo. The 'e' is lower case for a reason.
All they really want is to get as much money from you rubes as they can.

> If you believe that it is wrong to buy meat/kill animals/contribute to
> killing animals then it is wrong all of the time. How can it become
> temporarily unwrong when you feel like indulging your tastes?

======================
Then explain why you are here, killer. Usenet has no survival needs. It's
all about entertainment. Why do you feel it is ok to kill animals in a far
more brutal, inhumane ways for your entertainment than what animals for meat
experience?

> If you have ethical objections to using meat how can you make allowances
> for indulging your tastes? If what happens to animals is horrible, it
> is horrible. If you read PETA's websites you know that and by being a
> flexitarian you are basically saying that your beliefs and what you know
> about what happens to animals is not worth a modicum of self-denial in
> giving up an occasional treat.

================
Do you know that PeTA kills more animals than they save once they get their
bloody hands on them?

> If you are not saying that then you are simply compartmentalizing,
> denying and making rationalizations.

===============
Veg*ns are well known for doing just that. Their whole life is built on
delusions and lys.

> You end up coming off as a person who claims to have values but who
> isn't willing to keep them.

===============
Ummm, just like every veg*n here on usenet. Thanks for proving that, yet
again.

> If you eat mostly vegetarian for your health then there is no need to
> call yourself a vegetarian or a flexitarian.
>
> The word flexitarian itself has implied insult. Are we inflexible

================
Yes. You follow only a simple rule for your simple mind, 'eat no meat.'
It doesn't mean fewer animals are killed, it just means you are a hypocrite.

rick etter 09-09-2004 12:51 AM

====================

===============

Rubystars 09-09-2004 01:56 AM

"That One Guy" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> you guys will anyway.
> - Matt

Hi, I'm a flexitarian, I eat meat but I also like to eat a lot of vegetarian
meals. :) So it'll be good to have a web site about that.

-Rubystars

Rubystars 09-09-2004 01:56 AM

Rubystars 09-09-2004 01:58 AM

"Steve" > wrote in message
> That One Guy wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> > Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> > Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> > you guys will anyway.
> > - Matt

> If you eat meat you are not a vegetarian

That's true.

-Rubystars

Rubystars 09-09-2004 01:58 AM

That One Guy 09-09-2004 02:59 PM

Hi guys,
I knew that was coming, LOL. Yeah, it is a little silly.
Flexitarians just listen to their body. I beleive in the vegetarian
diet...that's why I wanted to let you know that my New Year's
Resolution is to become a full-time vegetarian! Can I count on you
guys to help me make the transition in January?
- Matt
P.S. I was just bored yesterday, and I thought I'd make that site,
I'll probably just end up taking it down. I also just wanted to see
what you guys would say. :)

Ray 09-09-2004 03:31 PM

"rick etter" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "Steve" > wrote in message

<Snip>

Messed up agian Rick,

Steve was about to offer you the job as group moderator.

BlueHeron 09-09-2004 04:39 PM

Rubystars wrote:

> "That One Guy" > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>Hello,
>> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
>>Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
>> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
>>you guys will anyway.
>> - Matt

> Hi, I'm a flexitarian, I eat meat but I also like to eat a lot of vegetarian
> meals. :) So it'll be good to have a web site about that.
>
> -Rubystars

It's called being an omnivore. It's the way millions of people in the
rest of world eat.

I have nothing against it, so long as they don't associate themselves
with vegetarians. They are not "flexible vegetarians" because
vegetarians don't eat meat. Flexitarians who also call themselves some
form of vegetarian creates all sorts of confusion and ends up with me
getting fish entres as "vegetarian".

-- Blue

BlueHeron 09-09-2004 04:39 PM

Rubystars 10-09-2004 02:06 AM

"BlueHeron" > wrote in message

> Rubystars wrote:
>
> > "That One Guy" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >
> >>Hello,
> >> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> >>Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> >> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> >>you guys will anyway.
> >> - Matt

> > Hi, I'm a flexitarian, I eat meat but I also like to eat a lot of

vegetarian
> > meals. :) So it'll be good to have a web site about that.
> >
> > -Rubystars

> It's called being an omnivore. It's the way millions of people in the
> rest of world eat.
>
> I have nothing against it, so long as they don't associate themselves
> with vegetarians.

I'm definitely not a vegetarian. I just use the term as sort of a phrase to
indicate that I'm as likely as anyone else to be in the health food section
picking out vegan foods to try. *L*

-Rubystars

Rubystars 10-09-2004 02:06 AM

That One Guy 10-09-2004 02:43 AM

BlueHeron > wrote in message m>...
> Rubystars wrote:
>
> > "That One Guy" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >
> >>Hello,
> >> I thought I would just let the group know that I'm making a
> >>Flexitarian Site. www.freewebs.com/flexitarian
> >> Go ahead and give me all the posstive and negative feedback, I know
> >>you guys will anyway.
> >> - Matt

> > Hi, I'm a flexitarian, I eat meat but I also like to eat a lot of vegetarian
> > meals. :) So it'll be good to have a web site about that.
> >
> > -Rubystars

> It's called being an omnivore. It's the way millions of people in the
> rest of world eat.
>
> I have nothing against it, so long as they don't associate themselves
> with vegetarians. They are not "flexible vegetarians" because
> vegetarians don't eat meat. Flexitarians who also call themselves some
> form of vegetarian creates all sorts of confusion and ends up with me
> getting fish entres as "vegetarian".
>
> -- Blue

It's prety much "semi-vegetarian" - or Vegetarian inclined. But, like
I said before, my New Year's Resolution is to become a full
vegetarian. You know how it takes some people years, and some people
over night... It's taking me years, and I think next year I will be
ready. "Pseudo Vegetarian".
-
Matt

That One Guy 10-09-2004 02:43 AM

BlueHeron 10-09-2004 04:56 AM

That One Guy wrote:

> It's prety much "semi-vegetarian" - or Vegetarian inclined. But, like
> I said before, my New Year's Resolution is to become a full
> vegetarian. You know how it takes some people years, and some people
> over night... It's taking me years, and I think next year I will be
> ready. "Pseudo Vegetarian".
> -
> Matt

But that's just it: You are either vegetarian, or you are not.
Omnivores eat vegetarian food as part of their regular diet.
Flexetarians, from what I understand, eat less meat than the average
omnivore.

But a vegetarian is someone who has ceased consuming meat of any form.
Period.

Semi-vegetarian or pseudo vegetarian just serves to confuse people,
because a semi-vegetarian /is just an omnivore/. I don't see the point
of mixing semantics.

It's like saying "I am semi-pregnant". You either are, or you are not.

-- Blue

BlueHeron 10-09-2004 04:56 AM

rick etter 10-09-2004 05:59 AM

"BlueHeron" > wrote in message

> That One Guy wrote:
>

> > It's prety much "semi-vegetarian" - or Vegetarian inclined. But, like
> > I said before, my New Year's Resolution is to become a full
> > vegetarian. You know how it takes some people years, and some people
> > over night... It's taking me years, and I think next year I will be
> > ready. "Pseudo Vegetarian".
> > -
> > Matt

> But that's just it: You are either vegetarian, or you are not.
> Omnivores eat vegetarian food as part of their regular diet.
> Flexetarians, from what I understand, eat less meat than the average
> omnivore.
>
> But a vegetarian is someone who has ceased consuming meat of any form.
> Period.

==================
There's consuming, as in eating, and consuming as is using. being veg*n
does not negate consuming animals. You still cause there death and
suffering, therefore 'consuming' them. Just because you do not eat them
does not mean they are any less dead. that's the fallacy of veg*ism. It's
based on an ignorant view of the necessity of animal death and suffering.
there are meat-included diets that cause less than some veg*n diets.

> Semi-vegetarian or pseudo vegetarian just serves to confuse people,
> because a semi-vegetarian /is just an omnivore/. I don't see the point
> of mixing semantics.
>
> It's like saying "I am semi-pregnant". You either are, or you are not.

=-=================
And ultimately you are not. If you truly were vegan, you wouldn't be here
on usenet.

rick etter 10-09-2004 05:59 AM

==================

BlueHeron 10-09-2004 06:41 AM

rick etter wrote:

> "BlueHeron" > wrote in message
>

>>That One Guy wrote:
>>

>>>It's prety much "semi-vegetarian" - or Vegetarian inclined. But, like
>>>I said before, my New Year's Resolution is to become a full
>>>vegetarian. You know how it takes some people years, and some people
>>>over night... It's taking me years, and I think next year I will be
>>>ready. "Pseudo Vegetarian".
>>> -
>>>Matt

>>But that's just it: You are either vegetarian, or you are not.
>>Omnivores eat vegetarian food as part of their regular diet.
>>Flexetarians, from what I understand, eat less meat than the average
>>omnivore.
>>
>>But a vegetarian is someone who has ceased consuming meat of any form.
>>Period.

> ==================
> There's consuming, as in eating, and consuming as is using. being veg*n
> does not negate consuming animals. You still cause there death and
> suffering, therefore 'consuming' them. Just because you do not eat them
> does not mean they are any less dead. that's the fallacy of veg*ism. It's
> based on an ignorant view of the necessity of animal death and suffering.
> there are meat-included diets that cause less than some veg*n diets.

Rick, get a life. We are not talking about veganism here, but about the
act of eating, and the nomenclature that surrounds it. Now, if you want
to define vegan, great, go ahead, but we were simply talking about
vegetarianism, as a whole, and "felxitarianism".

>>Semi-vegetarian or pseudo vegetarian just serves to confuse people,
>>because a semi-vegetarian /is just an omnivore/. I don't see the point
>>of mixing semantics.
>>
>>It's like saying "I am semi-pregnant". You either are, or you are not.

> =-=================
> And ultimately you are not. If you truly were vegan, you wouldn't be here
> on usenet.

Wow, that's just brilliant. Nowhere in this message did I talk about
veganism at all. Period. Do I consider myself vegan? Not
particularly. I use the word becuase it fits my dietary limitations.
More often, I use the word "vegetalien" because I work and live in
French. AFAIK, vegetalien does not have the same... baggage, behind it
that "vegan" does.

-- Blue

BlueHeron 10-09-2004 06:41 AM

C. James Strutz 10-09-2004 02:01 PM

-

> >>But that's just it: You are either vegetarian, or you are not.
> >>Omnivores eat vegetarian food as part of their regular diet.
> >>Flexetarians, from what I understand, eat less meat than the

average
> >>omnivore.
> >>
> >>But a vegetarian is someone who has ceased consuming meat of any

form.
> >>Period.

> > ==================
> > There's consuming, as in eating, and consuming as is using.

being veg*n
> > does not negate consuming animals. You still cause there death

and
> > suffering, therefore 'consuming' them. Just because you do not

eat them
> > does not mean they are any less dead. that's the fallacy of

veg*ism. It's
> > based on an ignorant view of the necessity of animal death and

suffering.
> > there are meat-included diets that cause less than some veg*n

diets.

> Rick, get a life.

This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him laying
around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

C. James Strutz 10-09-2004 02:01 PM

-

rick etter 10-09-2004 03:45 PM

"BlueHeron" > wrote in message

> rick etter wrote:

> >>But that's just it: You are either vegetarian, or you are not.
> >>Omnivores eat vegetarian food as part of their regular diet.
> >>Flexetarians, from what I understand, eat less meat than the average
> >>omnivore.
> >>
> >>But a vegetarian is someone who has ceased consuming meat of any form.
> >>Period.

> > ==================
> > There's consuming, as in eating, and consuming as is using. being

veg*n
> > does not negate consuming animals. You still cause there death and
> > suffering, therefore 'consuming' them. Just because you do not eat

them
> > does not mean they are any less dead. that's the fallacy of veg*ism.

It's
> > based on an ignorant view of the necessity of animal death and

suffering.
> > there are meat-included diets that cause less than some veg*n diets.

> Rick, get a life.

==============
Unlike the delusions you live with, I have a life.

We are not talking about veganism here, but about the
> act of eating, and the nomenclature that surrounds it. Now, if you want
> to define vegan, great, go ahead, but we were simply talking about
> vegetarianism, as a whole, and "felxitarianism".

==================
So? The point is that your diet has the least impact on animals compared
to the rest of our western consumer-driven lifestyles. Why is that so hard
for veg*ns to understand? You can argue all day about the terms, but in
the end, animals die cruel, brutal, inhumane deaths, despite your delusions
to the contrary.

> >>Semi-vegetarian or pseudo vegetarian just serves to confuse people,
> >>because a semi-vegetarian /is just an omnivore/. I don't see the point
> >>of mixing semantics.
> >>
> >>It's like saying "I am semi-pregnant". You either are, or you are not.

> > =-=================
> > And ultimately you are not. If you truly were vegan, you wouldn't be

here
> > on usenet.

> Wow, that's just brilliant. Nowhere in this message did I talk about
> veganism at all. Period. Do I consider myself vegan? Not
> particularly. I use the word becuase it fits my dietary limitations.
> More often, I use the word "vegetalien" because I work and live in
> French. AFAIK, vegetalien does not have the same... baggage, behind it
> that "vegan" does.

ROTFLMAO What a hoot! Again, the terms mean nothing to the animals you
kill trying to pretend otherwise.

rick etter 10-09-2004 03:45 PM