rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "BlueHeron" > wrote in message
> >

> > rick etter wrote:

> like

> people

> be

> -

> average

> form.
> > >
> > > ==================
> > > There's consuming, as in eating, and consuming as is using.

> being veg*n
> > > does not negate consuming animals. You still cause there death

> and
> > > suffering, therefore 'consuming' them. Just because you do not

> eat them
> > > does not mean they are any less dead. that's the fallacy of

> veg*ism. It's
> > > based on an ignorant view of the necessity of animal death and

> suffering.
> > > there are meat-included diets that cause less than some veg*n

> diets.
> >
> > Rick, get a life.

> This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
> witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him laying
> around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

===========================
Hey jimmy-boy, when are you going to refute any of the information I have
posted for you then? Afterall, if it's so "stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
witless, contemptuous, and pathethic" then you should be able to refute my
info, and defend your ignorance with ease, eh killer?

Come on jimmy-boy, give it a shot!

rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "BlueHeron" > wrote in message
> >

> > rick etter wrote:

> like

> people

> be

> -

> average

> form.
> > >
> > > ==================
> > > There's consuming, as in eating, and consuming as is using.

> being veg*n
> > > does not negate consuming animals. You still cause there death

> and
> > > suffering, therefore 'consuming' them. Just because you do not

> eat them
> > > does not mean they are any less dead. that's the fallacy of

> veg*ism. It's
> > > based on an ignorant view of the necessity of animal death and

> suffering.
> > > there are meat-included diets that cause less than some veg*n

> diets.
> >
> > Rick, get a life.

> This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
> witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him laying
> around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

===========================
Hey jimmy-boy, when are you going to refute any of the information I have
posted for you then? Afterall, if it's so "stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
witless, contemptuous, and pathethic" then you should be able to refute my
info, and defend your ignorance with ease, eh killer?

Come on jimmy-boy, give it a shot!

BlueHeron

rick etter wrote:

> "BlueHeron" > wrote in message
>

>>rick etter wrote:
>>

>>>"BlueHeron" > wrote in message
. com...

> [...]

<snip>
> Unlike the delusions you live with, I have a life.

That's just rich!

> We are not talking about veganism here, but about the
>
>>act of eating, and the nomenclature that surrounds it. Now, if you want
>>to define vegan, great, go ahead, but we were simply talking about
>>vegetarianism, as a whole, and "felxitarianism".

> ==================
> So? The point is that your diet has the least impact on animals compared
> to the rest of our western consumer-driven lifestyles. Why is that so hard
> for veg*ns to understand? You can argue all day about the terms, but in
> the end, animals die cruel, brutal, inhumane deaths, despite your delusions
> to the contrary.

Ah, yes, my delusions to the contrary. Wait, I don't give a shit! My
wife is an omnivore, my children will likely be ovo-lacto vegetarians.
I don't eat this diet for any ethical reasons. I eat it becaue it is
cheap, good and makes me feel, physically, better. Meat always made me
feel slow and sluggish, and I am lactose intolerante.

So Rick, the point is: I could give a rats ass what you think. You
don't know my purchasing habits, you don't know what I eat, or where I
get my food from. Now grow up and stop barking at the shadows.

>>>=-=================
>>>And ultimately you are not. If you truly were vegan, you wouldn't be

> here
>
>>>on usenet.

>>Wow, that's just brilliant. Nowhere in this message did I talk about
>>veganism at all. Period. Do I consider myself vegan? Not
>>particularly. I use the word becuase it fits my dietary limitations.
>>More often, I use the word "vegetalien" because I work and live in
>>French. AFAIK, vegetalien does not have the same... baggage, behind it
>>that "vegan" does.

> ====================
> ROTFLMAO What a hoot! Again, the terms mean nothing to the animals you
> kill trying to pretend otherwise.

That's right Rick. Exactly. Happy? I AM NOT HERE FOR THE ETHICS.
Isn't that novel? I am here for the food. If you were so bloody dense,
I think that you would have figured that out when I said "I don't
consider myself a vegan".

-- Blue
BlueHeron

rick etter wrote:

> "BlueHeron" > wrote in message
>

>>rick etter wrote:
>>

>>>"BlueHeron" > wrote in message
. com...

<snip>
> Unlike the delusions you live with, I have a life.

That's just rich!

> We are not talking about veganism here, but about the
>
>>act of eating, and the nomenclature that surrounds it. Now, if you want
>>to define vegan, great, go ahead, but we were simply talking about
>>vegetarianism, as a whole, and "felxitarianism".

> ==================
> So? The point is that your diet has the least impact on animals compared
> to the rest of our western consumer-driven lifestyles. Why is that so hard
> for veg*ns to understand? You can argue all day about the terms, but in
> the end, animals die cruel, brutal, inhumane deaths, despite your delusions
> to the contrary.

Ah, yes, my delusions to the contrary. Wait, I don't give a shit! My
wife is an omnivore, my children will likely be ovo-lacto vegetarians.
I don't eat this diet for any ethical reasons. I eat it becaue it is
cheap, good and makes me feel, physically, better. Meat always made me
feel slow and sluggish, and I am lactose intolerante.

So Rick, the point is: I could give a rats ass what you think. You
don't know my purchasing habits, you don't know what I eat, or where I
get my food from. Now grow up and stop barking at the shadows.

>>>=-=================
>>>And ultimately you are not. If you truly were vegan, you wouldn't be

> here
>
>>>on usenet.

>>Wow, that's just brilliant. Nowhere in this message did I talk about
>>veganism at all. Period. Do I consider myself vegan? Not
>>particularly. I use the word becuase it fits my dietary limitations.
>>More often, I use the word "vegetalien" because I work and live in
>>French. AFAIK, vegetalien does not have the same... baggage, behind it
>>that "vegan" does.

> ====================
> ROTFLMAO What a hoot! Again, the terms mean nothing to the animals you
> kill trying to pretend otherwise.

That's right Rick. Exactly. Happy? I AM NOT HERE FOR THE ETHICS.
Isn't that novel? I am here for the food. If you were so bloody dense,
I think that you would have figured that out when I said "I don't
consider myself a vegan".

-- Blue

C. James Strutz

"rick etter" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

But,
> > like

some
> > people

will
> > be
> > >

> > -

> > average

any
> > form.

> > being veg*n

death
> > and

not
> > eat them

> > veg*ism. It's

> > suffering.

> > diets.
> > >
> > > Rick, get a life.

> > This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
> > witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him

laying
> > around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

> ===========================
> Hey jimmy-boy, when are you going to refute any of the information

I have
> posted for you then? Afterall, if it's so "stupid, repugnant,

uninformed,
> witless, contemptuous, and pathethic" then you should be able to

refute my
> info, and defend your ignorance with ease, eh killer?
>
> Come on jimmy-boy, give it a shot!

First of all, I was referring to YOU when I wrote "stupid, repugnant,
uninformed, witless, contemptuous, and pathetic", not the BS
"information" you post.

Secondly, people have refuted some of your "information" many times
before with overwhelming evidence from very good sources. All you ever
do is pooh-pooh any contrary information and abuse anyone who offers
it. Other "information" you insist has not been refuted cannot be
refuted, not because it's credible but because it's arbitrary. It
can't be proven one way or the other. You are a loser on all counts.
Give it up.

rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "rick etter" > wrote in message
> link.net...

> But,
> > > like

> some
> > > people

> will
> > > be
> > > >
> > > -

> > > average

> any
> > > form.

> > > being veg*n

> death
> > > and

> not
> > > eat them
> > > veg*ism. It's
> > > suffering.
> > > diets.

> > > This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
> > > witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him

> laying
> > > around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

> > ===========================
> > Hey jimmy-boy, when are you going to refute any of the information

> I have
> > posted for you then? Afterall, if it's so "stupid, repugnant,

> uninformed,
> > witless, contemptuous, and pathethic" then you should be able to

> refute my
> > info, and defend your ignorance with ease, eh killer?
> >
> > Come on jimmy-boy, give it a shot!

> First of all, I was referring to YOU when I wrote "stupid, repugnant,
> uninformed, witless, contemptuous, and pathetic", not the BS
> "information" you post.

================
I see, you have nothing. Just as I thought, killer.

> Secondly, people have refuted some of your "information" many times
> before with overwhelming evidence from very good sources. All you ever
> do is pooh-pooh any contrary information and abuse anyone who offers
> it. Other "information" you insist has not been refuted cannot be
> refuted, not because it's credible but because it's arbitrary. It
> can't be proven one way or the other. You are a loser on all counts.
> Give it up.

===============
Nope. Hasn't even been touched, killer. Otherwise you'd post it every
time, fool.

rick etter

================

===============
Nope. Hasn't even been touched, killer. Otherwise you'd post it every
time, fool.

Rubystars

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
<snip>
> This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
> witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him laying
> around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

What do vegans look like?

-Rubystars

Rubystars

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
<snip>
> This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
> witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him laying
> around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

What do vegans look like?

-Rubystars

That One Guy

(Steve) wrote in message . com>...

(That One Guy) wrote in message

> > It's prety much "semi-vegetarian" - or Vegetarian inclined.

> I think "near vegetarian" is a preferable term. It does not trample
> the definitions of words and I think it is more descriptive.

I think that is a good term too.

> I have to commend you for taking your site down BTW.

Oh, no problem, I was just bored at school...

> My problem with was with the word for what you are, not with _what_
> you are.
>
> There are a lot bull headed people around. I think it says a lot of
> things positive about you that you can listen to people in a tense
> conversation and be willing to do something like take that site down.

Yeah, and I'm glad there are people like you in this group to help
me realize those things.

> > I said before, my New Year's Resolution is to become a full
> > vegetarian. You know how it takes some people years, and some people
> > over night... It's taking me years, and I think next year I will be
> > ready.

> Congratulations! That is an incredibly positive move.

Thank you, my diet will have less and less meat in it at time goes
by, and I think by January there will be no meat at all. I'll usualy
go a few days and just eat vegetarian food, veggies, soy products,
etc... then one day I'll eat a little meat, and then I'll go a few
more days eating vegetarian, and by New Years, I will go veg!

http://veganoutreach.com/starterpack/free-vsp.html

> http://veganhealth.org
>
> http://geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html

Will do! Thanks!
- Matt
And I just want to add that I made the site after I found out that
there were other people calling themselves "Flexitarians". I wasn't
going the past few years calling myself that. I just thought I was a
failing vegetarian. I read in books at the library that there are
such things as "Semi-Vegetarians"...so that Kind of confused me too.
But, it does seem a little silly, so I guess I'll just refer to myself
as "near vegetarian". Veganism does interst me by the way...Perhaps
someday...but I'll just start out as vegetarian. Thanks
Rubystars

"Randell Tarin" > wrote in message
> A cannibal might say the same about people too. ;-)

They might!

-Rubystars

C. James Strutz

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
m...

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> <snip>
> > This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
> > witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him

laying
> > around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

> What do vegans look like?

To me they look just like everyone else. To Rick Etter, a vegan is one
who makes personal lifestyle choices because of their sympathy for
animals. You've been around here long enough to have known that...

C. James Strutz

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
m...

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> <snip>
> > This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
> > witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him

laying
> > around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

> What do vegans look like?

To me they look just like everyone else. To Rick Etter, a vegan is one
who makes personal lifestyle choices because of their sympathy for
animals. You've been around here long enough to have known that...

rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> m...
> >
> > "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> > <snip>
> > > This is his life. Think of it. He's stupid, repugnant, uninformed,
> > > witless, contemptuous, and pathethic. I can just picture him

> laying
> > > around all day barking at anything resembling a vegan.

> > What do vegans look like?

> To me they look just like everyone else. To Rick Etter, a vegan is one
> who makes personal lifestyle choices because of their sympathy for
> animals. You've been around here long enough to have known that...

========================
ROTFLMAO You have a different definition fool? You really are just to
much jimmy-boy. That is the definition of a vegan, dolt. Veganism is
*not* a diet. It *is* a lifestyle based on false ideas of how you can keep
from 'harming' animals. That you think your simple rule for your simple
mind is all that it takes, you continue to prove your ignorance and
delusions.

C. James Strutz

"rick etter" > wrote in message
. net...

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > >
> > > "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> > > <snip>

uninformed,

> > laying
> > >
> > > What do vegans look like?

> > To me they look just like everyone else. To Rick Etter, a vegan is

one
> > who makes personal lifestyle choices because of their sympathy for
> > animals. You've been around here long enough to have known that...

> ========================
> ROTFLMAO You have a different definition fool? You really are

just to
> much jimmy-boy. That is the definition of a vegan, dolt.

Veganism is
> *not* a diet. It *is* a lifestyle based on false ideas of how you

can keep
> from 'harming' animals. That you think your simple rule for your

simple
> mind is all that it takes, you continue to prove your ignorance and
> delusions.

It amazes me that you agree with what I have written, yet you say that
I'm ignorant and delusional. It proves that I have you pegged exactly
right except that you are even dumber than I previously thought.

C. James Strutz

"rick etter" > wrote in message
. net...

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > >
> > > "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> > > <snip>

uninformed,

> > laying
> > >
> > > What do vegans look like?

> > To me they look just like everyone else. To Rick Etter, a vegan is

one
> > who makes personal lifestyle choices because of their sympathy for
> > animals. You've been around here long enough to have known that...

> ========================
> ROTFLMAO You have a different definition fool? You really are

just to
> much jimmy-boy. That is the definition of a vegan, dolt.

Veganism is
> *not* a diet. It *is* a lifestyle based on false ideas of how you

can keep
> from 'harming' animals. That you think your simple rule for your

simple
> mind is all that it takes, you continue to prove your ignorance and
> delusions.

It amazes me that you agree with what I have written, yet you say that
I'm ignorant and delusional. It proves that I have you pegged exactly
right except that you are even dumber than I previously thought.

rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "rick etter" > wrote in message
> . net...
> >
> > "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> > > m...

> uninformed,
> > > laying

> > > To me they look just like everyone else. To Rick Etter, a vegan is

> one
> > > who makes personal lifestyle choices because of their sympathy for
> > > animals. You've been around here long enough to have known that...

> > ========================
> > ROTFLMAO You have a different definition fool? You really are

> just to
> > much jimmy-boy. That is the definition of a vegan, dolt.

> Veganism is
> > *not* a diet. It *is* a lifestyle based on false ideas of how you

> can keep
> > from 'harming' animals. That you think your simple rule for your

> simple
> > mind is all that it takes, you continue to prove your ignorance and
> > delusions.

> It amazes me that you agree with what I have written, yet you say that
> I'm ignorant and delusional. It proves that I have you pegged exactly
> right except that you are even dumber than I previously thought.

====================
You are that dense, aren't you? Try looking up the word vegan as it
relates to the guy that made up the word, donald watson. I have alwasy
used that definition as what a vegan is. Too bad *you* are not one. there
are no real vegans on usenet, fool. That you are too stupid and dense to
understand that tells us all we need to know about your brainwashing and
terminal ignorance. You have pegged nothing, killer. Except the fact
that you continue to contribute to the massive, inhumane, brutal,
unnecessary death and suffering of animals. You just must really love all
that blood on you hands, eh hypocrite?

rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "rick etter" > wrote in message
> . net...
> >
> > "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> > > m...

> uninformed,
> > > laying

> > > To me they look just like everyone else. To Rick Etter, a vegan is

> one
> > > who makes personal lifestyle choices because of their sympathy for
> > > animals. You've been around here long enough to have known that...

> > ========================
> > ROTFLMAO You have a different definition fool? You really are

> just to
> > much jimmy-boy. That is the definition of a vegan, dolt.

> Veganism is
> > *not* a diet. It *is* a lifestyle based on false ideas of how you

> can keep
> > from 'harming' animals. That you think your simple rule for your

> simple
> > mind is all that it takes, you continue to prove your ignorance and
> > delusions.

> It amazes me that you agree with what I have written, yet you say that
> I'm ignorant and delusional. It proves that I have you pegged exactly
> right except that you are even dumber than I previously thought.

====================
You are that dense, aren't you? Try looking up the word vegan as it
relates to the guy that made up the word, donald watson. I have alwasy
used that definition as what a vegan is. Too bad *you* are not one. there
are no real vegans on usenet, fool. That you are too stupid and dense to
understand that tells us all we need to know about your brainwashing and
terminal ignorance. You have pegged nothing, killer. Except the fact
that you continue to contribute to the massive, inhumane, brutal,
unnecessary death and suffering of animals. You just must really love all
that blood on you hands, eh hypocrite?

rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "rick etter" > wrote in message
> . net...
> >
> > "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> > > m...

> uninformed,
> > > laying

> > > To me they look just like everyone else. To Rick Etter, a vegan is

> one
> > > who makes personal lifestyle choices because of their sympathy for
> > > animals. You've been around here long enough to have known that...

> > ========================
> > ROTFLMAO You have a different definition fool? You really are

> just to
> > much jimmy-boy. That is the definition of a vegan, dolt.

> Veganism is
> > *not* a diet. It *is* a lifestyle based on false ideas of how you

> can keep
> > from 'harming' animals. That you think your simple rule for your

> simple
> > mind is all that it takes, you continue to prove your ignorance and
> > delusions.

> It amazes me that you agree with what I have written, yet you say that
> I'm ignorant and delusional. It proves that I have you pegged exactly
> right except that you are even dumber than I previously thought.

====================
You are that dense, aren't you? Try looking up the word vegan as it
relates to the guy that made up the word, donald watson. I have alwasy
used that definition as what a vegan is. Too bad *you* are not one. there
are no real vegans on usenet, fool. That you are too stupid and dense to
understand that tells us all we need to know about your brainwashing and
terminal ignorance. You have pegged nothing, killer. Except the fact
that you continue to contribute to the massive, inhumane, brutal,
unnecessary death and suffering of animals. You just must really love all
that blood on you hands, eh hypocrite?

C. James Strutz

"rick etter" > wrote in message
. net...

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> >
> > "rick etter" > wrote in message
> > . net...

message

> > uninformed,

him

vegan is
> > one

for

that...
> > > ========================
> > > ROTFLMAO You have a different definition fool? You really

are
> > just to
> > > much jimmy-boy. That is the definition of a vegan, dolt.

> > Veganism is
> > > *not* a diet. It *is* a lifestyle based on false ideas of how

you
> > can keep
> > > from 'harming' animals. That you think your simple rule for

your
> > simple
> > > mind is all that it takes, you continue to prove your ignorance

and
> > > delusions.

> > It amazes me that you agree with what I have written, yet you say

that
> > I'm ignorant and delusional. It proves that I have you pegged

exactly
> > right except that you are even dumber than I previously thought.

> ====================
> You are that dense, aren't you? Try looking up the word vegan as

it
> relates to the guy that made up the word, donald watson. I have

alwasy
> used that definition as what a vegan is. Too bad *you* are not

one.

Yes, I am vegetarian, not vegan. How does your foot taste now?

> there
> are no real vegans on usenet, fool. That you are too stupid and

dense to
> understand that tells us all we need to know about your brainwashing

and
> terminal ignorance. You have pegged nothing, killer. Except the

fact
> that you continue to contribute to the massive, inhumane, brutal,
> unnecessary death and suffering of animals. You just must really

love all
> that blood on you hands, eh hypocrite?

You're a dork - end of my participation in this thread.

C. James Strutz

"rick etter" > wrote in message
. net...

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> >
> > "rick etter" > wrote in message
> > . net...

message

> > uninformed,

him

vegan is
> > one

for

that...
> > > ========================
> > > ROTFLMAO You have a different definition fool? You really

are
> > just to
> > > much jimmy-boy. That is the definition of a vegan, dolt.

> > Veganism is
> > > *not* a diet. It *is* a lifestyle based on false ideas of how

you
> > can keep
> > > from 'harming' animals. That you think your simple rule for

your
> > simple
> > > mind is all that it takes, you continue to prove your ignorance

and
> > > delusions.

> > It amazes me that you agree with what I have written, yet you say

that
> > I'm ignorant and delusional. It proves that I have you pegged

exactly
> > right except that you are even dumber than I previously thought.

> ====================
> You are that dense, aren't you? Try looking up the word vegan as

it
> relates to the guy that made up the word, donald watson. I have

alwasy
> used that definition as what a vegan is. Too bad *you* are not

one.

Yes, I am vegetarian, not vegan. How does your foot taste now?

> there
> are no real vegans on usenet, fool. That you are too stupid and

dense to
> understand that tells us all we need to know about your brainwashing

and
> terminal ignorance. You have pegged nothing, killer. Except the

fact
> that you continue to contribute to the massive, inhumane, brutal,
> unnecessary death and suffering of animals. You just must really

love all
> that blood on you hands, eh hypocrite?

You're a dork - end of my participation in this thread.

rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "rick etter" > wrote in message
> . net...
> >
> > "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "rick etter" > wrote in message
> > > . net...

> message
> > > uninformed,

> him

> vegan is
> > > one

> for

> that...

> are
> > > just to
> > > Veganism is

> you
> > > can keep

> your
> > > simple

> and
> > >
> > > It amazes me that you agree with what I have written, yet you say

> that
> > > I'm ignorant and delusional. It proves that I have you pegged

> exactly
> > > right except that you are even dumber than I previously thought.

> > ====================
> > You are that dense, aren't you? Try looking up the word vegan as

> it
> > relates to the guy that made up the word, donald watson. I have

> alwasy
> > used that definition as what a vegan is. Too bad *you* are not

> one.
>
> Yes, I am vegetarian, not vegan. How does your foot taste now?

=======================
Don't know. Never tried it, fool. You can pretend to be veggie if you
want, but you spew the idiocy, you get smeared by it too....

> > there
> > are no real vegans on usenet, fool. That you are too stupid and

> dense to
> > understand that tells us all we need to know about your brainwashing

> and
> > terminal ignorance. You have pegged nothing, killer. Except the

> fact
> > that you continue to contribute to the massive, inhumane, brutal,
> > unnecessary death and suffering of animals. You just must really

> love all
> > that blood on you hands, eh hypocrite?

> You're a dork - end of my participation in this thread.

===============
Yep, you do always run away before you manage to ever have to defend
anything you claim, eh killer?

rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "rick etter" > wrote in message
> . net...
> >
> > "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "rick etter" > wrote in message
> > > . net...

> message
> > > uninformed,

> him

> vegan is
> > > one

> for

> that...

> are
> > > just to
> > > Veganism is

> you
> > > can keep

> your
> > > simple

> and
> > >
> > > It amazes me that you agree with what I have written, yet you say

> that
> > > I'm ignorant and delusional. It proves that I have you pegged

> exactly
> > > right except that you are even dumber than I previously thought.

> > ====================
> > You are that dense, aren't you? Try looking up the word vegan as

> it
> > relates to the guy that made up the word, donald watson. I have

> alwasy
> > used that definition as what a vegan is. Too bad *you* are not

> one.
>
> Yes, I am vegetarian, not vegan. How does your foot taste now?

=======================
Don't know. Never tried it, fool. You can pretend to be veggie if you
want, but you spew the idiocy, you get smeared by it too....

> > there
> > are no real vegans on usenet, fool. That you are too stupid and

> dense to
> > understand that tells us all we need to know about your brainwashing

> and
> > terminal ignorance. You have pegged nothing, killer. Except the

> fact
> > that you continue to contribute to the massive, inhumane, brutal,
> > unnecessary death and suffering of animals. You just must really

> love all
> > that blood on you hands, eh hypocrite?

> You're a dork - end of my participation in this thread.

===============
Yep, you do always run away before you manage to ever have to defend
anything you claim, eh killer?

BlueHeron

rick etter wrote:
<snip>
> You are that dense, aren't you? Try looking up the word vegan as it
> relates to the guy that made up the word, donald watson. I have alwasy
> used that definition as what a vegan is. Too bad *you* are not one. there
> are no real vegans on usenet, fool. That you are too stupid and dense to
> understand that tells us all we need to know about your brainwashing and
> terminal ignorance. You have pegged nothing, killer. Except the fact
> that you continue to contribute to the massive, inhumane, brutal,
> unnecessary death and suffering of animals. You just must really love all
> that blood on you hands, eh hypocrite?

The one thing that you seem to keep forgetting Rick, is that language,
especially the English langauge, changes.

Find a dictionary that puts ethics in to the word "vegan" and I will be
impressed. Most dictionaries give the dietary definition, and so that
is how many people us it.

I am afraid that you might just have to learn to deal with that.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vegan
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...=vegan&x=0&y=0
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/vegan?view=uk
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...7868&dict=CALD
http://www.bartleby.com/61/32/V0043200.html
http://www.infoplease.com/dictionary/vegan
http://www.ultralingua.net/index.htm...=ee&text=vegan

Cheers,

-- Blue
rick etter

"BlueHeron" > wrote in message
.. .

> rick etter wrote:
> <snip>
> > You are that dense, aren't you? Try looking up the word vegan as it
> > relates to the guy that made up the word, donald watson. I have

alwasy
> > used that definition as what a vegan is. Too bad *you* are not one.

there
> > are no real vegans on usenet, fool. That you are too stupid and dense

> > understand that tells us all we need to know about your brainwashing and
> > terminal ignorance. You have pegged nothing, killer. Except the fact
> > that you continue to contribute to the massive, inhumane, brutal,
> > unnecessary death and suffering of animals. You just must really love

all
> > that blood on you hands, eh hypocrite?

> The one thing that you seem to keep forgetting Rick, is that language,
> especially the English langauge, changes.
> ======================

Not and have any real meaning...

> Find a dictionary that puts ethics in to the word "vegan" and I will be
> impressed. Most dictionaries give the dietary definition, and so that
> is how many people us it.

=================
But, it is not a 'dietary' choice. It is, and alwasy will be a lifestylr
choice. Except of course by those that want the word but are too lazy to
actually live the lifestyle. You can change the definition all you want to
fit your lazyness, but the real meaning is as it was coined in the 40s.

> I am afraid that you might just have to learn to deal with that.

====================
I have, that you make excuses for laziness is apparent...

"...When we understand the origin of the term and the guiding principles
established by the founders of the vegan movement, we see that, although
inspired by vegetarianism, vegan living encompasses far more than one's
diet. In fact, to be a full member of the American Vegan Society, one must
not only be vegan in diet but must also exclude animal products from one's
clothing, cosmetics, toiletries, household goods and everyday commodities.
Contrary to popular belief, people who eliminate all animal-based foods from
their diet but who continue to wear non-vegan clothing or use non-vegan
products are not vegan..."
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...q=watson+vegan

"...Veganism is a way of living which excludes all forms of exploitation of,
and cruelty to, the animal kingdom, and includes a reverence for life. It
applies to the practice of living on the products of the plant kingdom to
the exclusion of flesh, fish, fowl, eggs, honey, animal milk and its
derivatives, and encourages the use of alternatives for all commodities
derived wholly or in part from animals ..."
http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm

"...veganism is a "way of life," and "a philosophy." Neither emphasizes diet
over other aspects of compassionate living, because in vegan practice no one
area is more significant than another; all are expected to be implemented
simultaneously..."
http://www.vegsource.com/jo/essays/namegame.htm

Now, you can pretend that dictionary versions are the 'truth', or you can
admit that veganism is "not" a diet...

> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vegan
> http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...=vegan&x=0&y=0
> http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/vegan?view=uk
> http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...7868&dict=CALD
> http://www.bartleby.com/61/32/V0043200.html
> http://www.infoplease.com/dictionary/vegan
> http://www.ultralingua.net/index.htm...=ee&text=vegan
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Blue

BlueHeron

rick etter wrote:

> "BlueHeron" > wrote in message
> .. .
>

>>rick etter wrote:

<snip>

>>The one thing that you seem to keep forgetting Rick, is that language,
>>especially the English langauge, changes.
>>======================

> Not and have any real meaning...

Not true, becasue the /meaning/ of the word changes for everyone.

A "hack" is no longer primarily someone who rides around aimlessly on a
horse, nor is it a prostitute. To some degree it is a poorly written
piece of work that gets the job done, and mostly it is a quick and dirty
piece of programming code. Yet, at one time, it had completely
different meaning.

A "geek" is no longer primarly someone who will eat anything (especially
live animals).

That is the nature of language.

>>Find a dictionary that puts ethics in to the word "vegan" and I will be
>>impressed. Most dictionaries give the dietary definition, and so that
>>is how many people us it.

> =================
> But, it is not a 'dietary' choice. It is, and alwasy will be a lifestylr
> choice. Except of course by those that want the word but are too lazy to
> actually live the lifestyle. You can change the definition all you want to
> fit your lazyness, but the real meaning is as it was coined in the 40s.

Wrong. It has been, and currently is, a lifestyle choice. Will it
always be? I wouldn't presume to say, but I don't think so. There are
far too many people, at least here in Quebec, who adopt it for health
reasons, and don't care, or know, about the ethics behind it. Sure,
"stict-vegetarian" would be a better label, but most of them use
"vegetalien" which directly translates to "vegan".

Language and culture has started to corrupt the principles behind it.

>>I am afraid that you might just have to learn to deal with that.

> ====================
> I have, that you make excuses for laziness is apparent...

<snip>

Vegan, as an adjective, describes four main things:

* People (who avoid all animal products)
* diets (exclusivly plant based)
* food (containing no animal products)
* products (containing no animal products)

I can't think of anything else to which we apply the word, but it's
always possible that I have missed something.

Now, as a noun, a vegan is a person who follows a vegan lifestyle.

From the Memorandum of Association of the British Vegan Society
(http://www.vegansociety.com/html/abo...memorandum.php), it breaks
the definition down in to two parts. The first part describes the
philosophy and ethics behind it, and the second part describes the
dietary terms:

"The word 'veganism' denotes a philosophy and way of living which
seeks to exclude — as far as is possible and practical — all forms of
exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other
purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of
animal-free alternatives for the benefit of animals, including humans
and the environment.

In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all
products derived wholly or partly from animals."

So, when I say "I practive a vegan diet", I am specifiying in terms that
are easy for people to understand what it is that I eat.

Considering that this is a newsgroup about the food, not the ethics, I
think that is pretty fair. What I do or do not do with the rest of it,
is frankly, non of your concern. But most of us are in a.f.v. for the
dietary aspect.

Cheers!

-- Blue
rick etter

"BlueHeron" > wrote in message
news

> rick etter wrote:
>
> > "BlueHeron" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> >

> >>rick etter wrote:

> <snip>
> >>
> >>The one thing that you seem to keep forgetting Rick, is that language,
> >>especially the English langauge, changes.
> >>======================

> > Not and have any real meaning...

> Not true, becasue the /meaning/ of the word changes for everyone.
>
> A "hack" is no longer primarily someone who rides around aimlessly on a
> horse, nor is it a prostitute. To some degree it is a poorly written
> piece of work that gets the job done, and mostly it is a quick and dirty
> piece of programming code. Yet, at one time, it had completely
> different meaning.
>
> A "geek" is no longer primarly someone who will eat anything (especially
> live animals).
>
> That is the nature of language.
>

> >>Find a dictionary that puts ethics in to the word "vegan" and I will be
> >>impressed. Most dictionaries give the dietary definition, and so that
> >>is how many people us it.

> > =================
> > But, it is not a 'dietary' choice. It is, and alwasy will be a

lifestylr
> > choice. Except of course by those that want the word but are too lazy

> > actually live the lifestyle. You can change the definition all you want

> > fit your lazyness, but the real meaning is as it was coined in the 40s.

> Wrong. It has been, and currently is, a lifestyle choice. Will it
> always be? I wouldn't presume to say, but I don't think so. There are
> far too many people, at least here in Quebec, who adopt it for health
> reasons, and don't care, or know, about the ethics behind it.

=================
Then they are not vegan, are they? There is already a perfectly good word
that describes that diet, vegetarian.

Sure,
> "stict-vegetarian" would be a better label, but most of them use
> "vegetalien" which directly translates to "vegan".

================
And they are wrong and lazy.

> Language and culture has started to corrupt the principles behind it.

==============
Not if your truely believe you are a vegan.

> >>I am afraid that you might just have to learn to deal with that.

> > ====================
> > I have, that you make excuses for laziness is apparent...

> <snip>
>
> Vegan, as an adjective, describes four main things:
>
> * People (who avoid all animal products)
> * diets (exclusivly plant based)
> * food (containing no animal products)
> * products (containing no animal products)
>
> I can't think of anything else to which we apply the word, but it's
> always possible that I have missed something.
>
> Now, as a noun, a vegan is a person who follows a vegan lifestyle.
>
> From the Memorandum of Association of the British Vegan Society
> (http://www.vegansociety.com/html/abo...memorandum.php), it breaks
> the definition down in to two parts. The first part describes the
> philosophy and ethics behind it, and the second part describes the
> dietary terms:
>
> "The word 'veganism' denotes a philosophy and way of living which
> seeks to exclude — as far as is possible and practical — all forms of
> exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other
> purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of
> animal-free alternatives for the benefit of animals, including humans
> and the environment.

==============
Why did you snip this from the post I made? Again, there is no emphsis on
diet, is there? It's a lifestyle, just like I said...

Here, I'll restore what you dishonestly snipped out....

restore cuts>>>>>>

"...When we understand the origin of the term and the guiding principles
established by the founders of the vegan movement, we see that, although
inspired by vegetarianism, vegan living encompasses far more than one's
diet. In fact, to be a full member of the American Vegan Society, one must
not only be vegan in diet but must also exclude animal products from one's
clothing, cosmetics, toiletries, household goods and everyday commodities.
Contrary to popular belief, people who eliminate all animal-based foods from
their diet but who continue to wear non-vegan clothing or use non-vegan
products are not vegan..."
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...q=watson+vegan

"...Veganism is a way of living which excludes all forms of exploitation of,
and cruelty to, the animal kingdom, and includes a reverence for life. It
applies to the practice of living on the products of the plant kingdom to
the exclusion of flesh, fish, fowl, eggs, honey, animal milk and its
derivatives, and encourages the use of alternatives for all commodities
derived wholly or in part from animals ..."
http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm

"...veganism is a "way of life," and "a philosophy." Neither emphasizes diet
over other aspects of compassionate living, because in vegan practice no one
area is more significant than another; all are expected to be implemented
simultaneously..."
http://www.vegsource.com/jo/essays/namegame.htm

Now, you can pretend that dictionary versions are the 'truth', or you can
admit that veganism is "not" a diet...

> In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all
> products derived wholly or partly from animals."
>
> So, when I say "I practive a vegan diet", I am specifiying in terms that
> are easy for people to understand what it is that I eat.
>
> Considering that this is a newsgroup about the food, not the ethics, I
> think that is pretty fair. What I do or do not do with the rest of it,
> is frankly, non of your concern. But most of us are in a.f.v. for the
> dietary aspect.

=================
It's about *vegan*. Try to keep up, and not be so lazy, killer.

> Cheers!
>
> -- Blue

rick etter

news

==============

=================
It's about *vegan*. Try to keep up, and not be so lazy, killer.

> Cheers!
>
> -- Blue

Ron

> [...]

> area is more significant than another; all are expected to be implemented
> simultaneously..."
> http://www.vegsource.com/jo/essays/namegame.htm
>

> Now, you can pretend that dictionary versions are the 'truth', or you can
> admit that veganism is "not" a diet...
>

> > In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all
> > products derived wholly or partly from animals."
> >
> > So, when I say "I practive a vegan diet", I am specifiying in terms that
> > are easy for people to understand what it is that I eat.
> >
> > Considering that this is a newsgroup about the food, not the ethics, I
> > think that is pretty fair. What I do or do not do with the rest of it,
> > is frankly, non of your concern. But most of us are in a.f.v. for the
> > dietary aspect.

> =================
> It's about *vegan*. Try to keep up, and not be so lazy, killer.

Everyone listen to Etter!

He is the world authority on all things pertaining to veganism and ethics.

(he also buys cow udders)
..

> > Cheers!
> >
> > -- Blue

Ron

Sausage making web site ceed Barbecue 5 16-07-2009 04:50 AM
Pizza Making Site Scott[_11_] General Cooking 0 14-11-2007 08:44 PM
Good Web site for cheese making Arri London General Cooking 4 28-10-2007 01:01 AM
Here's a site on making herbed vinegars The Joneses General Cooking 2 12-10-2004 04:23 AM
Are You A Flexitarian? Jack Schidt® General Cooking 40 22-03-2004 09:19 PM