Default Green bean recipe?

Ok, I give up. I've hit all the regular sites, done the Yahoo searches, and
so on. I just can't seem to find a simple recipe for green beans.

The "normal" way of cooking green beans includes either a chunk of ham or
bacon and bacon grease. I do not want this -- I want it to be vegetarian.
No meat. No meat grease. Every vegetarian recipe I can find seems to want
to either fry it, bake it, or make the green beans a small part of a
combination of umpteen different things.

Does anyone have a simple, no frills, green bean recipe? I'm talking put
'em in water and boil 'em with these spices and maybe some potatoes kind of
recipe.

TIA....

Thanks John -- I think I might just whip up that Green Bean and Potato
Ragout recipe this week -- it sounds pretty durn good.

James