Ray

"Vicky Conlan" > wrote in message
.. .
> According to >:
>>> I suspect there was tofu, if you looked hard enough, since it's a
>>> traditional Japanese staple.

>>When I became a vegetarian, there wad no internet, thought of that you
>>dumb
>>broad?

> Eh? What has the internet got to do with anything?
>
>>How was I supposed what the nips eat?

> By not being completely isolated in your own culture?
>
>>Plus, was it available in this country?

> I have no idea. What country are you in?
>
>>> Are you sure it's not 'all'? I've not been aware of any that didn't.

>>You are not aware of many things.

> This is true. But I have been buying and eating quorn for many years.
> And I've made a point to read the ingredients. I am not aware of any
> not using egg white in the ingredients. If you know of any specific
> products, I would be interested to know about them.
>
>>> It is now, it used to be from battery hens.

>>I'm not talking about the past idiot, I stated the present facts.

> And I stated a fact about the past. Not sure why you think this makes
> me an idiot, but you appear to be being impressively defensive and hostile
> for no apparent reason. Are you normally like this, or just having a
> particularly grouchy day today?
>
>> Quorn was never intended as
>>> a 'vegetarian' food, it was marketted as 'low fat'. It's only a small
>>> unintentional that it ended up being taken up by the vegetarian market.

>>Says who? produce facts.

> http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=...net.com&rnum=4
>
>>Your links are crap, so is your posting, it lacks substance or facts.

> I didn't post any links.
>
>>These links are garbage

> It's a signature. So filter signatures if you don't like them.
>
>>We have enough of idiots on this group withou the likes of you.

> Which is "this group"? The original post was crossposted. I'm not
> aware of having seen you before on rec.food.veg, but if your tone of
> posting is normally like this, it's no great loss.
>
> --
> http://comps.org/ <> http://comps-offline.co.uk/ <>
> http://comps-online.co.uk/

The tone of my postings is not normally of this nature Vicky.
I withdraw my offensive remarks and offer my sincere apologies.
Also 'Tofu' was around some thirty years ago.

Ray.

SansMeat

"Ray" > wrote in message

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> >> My tollerance threshold of idiots is low.

> > How do you tolerate yourself then? BTW, it's "tolerance" - use your
> > spell checker.

> You are correct, should be tolerance, but you are not exactly the first
> person to note that my spelling is poor.
> But you run 'tollerance' past spell checker, see what I mean? I use OE and
> it's spell checker is not good.

> With the benefit of time and a little thought,
>
> My response to the initial posting of Vicky Conlan was well out of order

and
> indeed, incorrect. Tofu 'was' freely available some 30 years ago.
>
> Secondly.my remarks to you were equally out of order and indeed offensive.
>
> I offer my sincere apologies to you both.
>
> I think the remainder is best snipped , hope you agree.

<Applause>

SansMeat

"Ray" > wrote in message

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> >> My tollerance threshold of idiots is low.

> > How do you tolerate yourself then? BTW, it's "tolerance" - use your
> > spell checker.

> You are correct, should be tolerance, but you are not exactly the first
> person to note that my spelling is poor.
> But you run 'tollerance' past spell checker, see what I mean? I use OE and
> it's spell checker is not good.

> With the benefit of time and a little thought,
>
> My response to the initial posting of Vicky Conlan was well out of order

and
> indeed, incorrect. Tofu 'was' freely available some 30 years ago.
>
> Secondly.my remarks to you were equally out of order and indeed offensive.
>
> I offer my sincere apologies to you both.
>
> I think the remainder is best snipped , hope you agree.

<Applause>

C. James Strutz

"Ray" > wrote in message

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> >> My tollerance threshold of idiots is low.

> > How do you tolerate yourself then? BTW, it's "tolerance" - use your
> > spell checker.

> You are correct, should be tolerance, but you are not exactly the first
> person to note that my spelling is poor.
> But you run 'tollerance' past spell checker, see what I mean? I use OE and
> it's spell checker is not good.

> With the benefit of time and a little thought,
>
> My response to the initial posting of Vicky Conlan was well out of order

and
> indeed, incorrect. Tofu 'was' freely available some 30 years ago.
>
> Secondly.my remarks to you were equally out of order and indeed offensive.
>
> I offer my sincere apologies to you both.
>
> I think the remainder is best snipped , hope you agree.

Apology accepted, thank you. And I'm sorry to have come down on you so hard.

Ray

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
om...

> "Ray" > wrote in message
> <snip>
>> Also please note that you will receive abuse from the aaev newsgroup.
>> Some
>> of it's
>> members eat meat, moselty uncooked:-)

> I have been known to eat a little raw fish, but I have no intention of
> being
> abusive.
>
> -Rubystars

Best not Rubystars, otherwise you will end up like me - eating humble pie:-)

Ray

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
om...

> "Ray" > wrote in message
> <snip>
>> Also please note that you will receive abuse from the aaev newsgroup.
>> Some
>> of it's
>> members eat meat, moselty uncooked:-)

> I have been known to eat a little raw fish, but I have no intention of
> being
> abusive.
>
> -Rubystars

Best not Rubystars, otherwise you will end up like me - eating humble pie:-)

Rubystars

"Ray" > wrote in message

> "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> om...
> >
> > "Ray" > wrote in message
> > <snip>
> >> Also please note that you will receive abuse from the aaev newsgroup.
> >> Some
> >> of it's
> >> members eat meat, moselty uncooked:-)

> > I have been known to eat a little raw fish, but I have no intention of
> > being
> > abusive.
> >
> > -Rubystars

> Best not Rubystars, otherwise you will end up like me - eating humble

pie:-)

lol

-Rubystars

Rubystars

"Ray" > wrote in message

> "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> om...
> >
> > "Ray" > wrote in message
> > <snip>
> >> Also please note that you will receive abuse from the aaev newsgroup.
> >> Some
> >> of it's
> >> members eat meat, moselty uncooked:-)

> > I have been known to eat a little raw fish, but I have no intention of
> > being
> > abusive.
> >
> > -Rubystars

> Best not Rubystars, otherwise you will end up like me - eating humble

pie:-)

lol

-Rubystars

rick etter

"SansMeat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "rick etter" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> >
> > "SansMeat" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> > >
> > > "rick etter" > wrote in message
> > > nk.net...

> was
> > > 'Tofu',
> > > remains

Since

> > your

like

> easilly

> were
> > > the

> > ethical

now
> on
> > > the

> taste
> > of

post
> > from

> > "steak"

> from

an
> > > issue

> > > Thanks for jumping in and helping out. I was wondering though, why is

it
> > > that with every little effort to help there seems to be that slight

jab
> at
> > > someones intelligence or ability to do something that you feel you can

> do
> > > better? When I offer to help someone I do it out of a sincere desire

> > help
> > > someone not to belittle them. If someone falls and I lend a hand up I

> > don't
> > > chastise them for falling, I simply offer the help. I will in the

future
> > do
> > > my very best to "read headers" so as not to offend or spark any major
> > > controversies. Again, thank-you for your kind help and advice.

> > ==================
> > Some is ignorance, much is terminal stupidity. If you are here on
> > newsgroups, and posting to this group, one would think that you would

have
> > at least a bit of insight as to what was being said, and where you are.
> > Obviously, you post with your eyes, and possibly you mind, closed. Is

> that
> > it? You're welcome, anyway.

> Hmm, with no knowledge of who are what I am about I have been labeled as
> "terminally stupid" because I failed to read a header? That realy shows
> "your" intelligence I think.

=====================
Well, yours has been shown. You're on veg*n newsgroups with a sansmeat
alias, and you want to claim you're not spewing about meat?
What a hoot!! Your brain has rotted even more than I first thought.

> > > because

> > idiocy...
> > >
> > > Why do people in NG's fight about everything?

> > ======================
> > Where's the fight? vegans are just too ignorant to see the truth. No
> > fighting, just illustrating their stupidity...
> >

> > I don't see neighbours at war
> > > over whether one eats meat and the other doesn't, do you?

> > ==================
> > Nope, because I don't have any neighbors trying to tell me what I should
> > eat. there are vegans here that would declare meat illegal if they had

> that
> > power.
> > There is the difference.

> Never mentioned "vegans", seems as though you have a problem with vegans
> that has impaired your ability to comprehend a simple conversation on
> anything else.

=====================
Try checking the groups you're in stupid. Oh, yeah, you can't.
Nevermind....

> > In the NG's its a
> > > common occurence to see people fighting with such furor that its

almost
> > > frightening. If you disagree with the majority of bullies that runs

> > whatever
> > > NG you are "loon" or a "troll" or whatever other name they label you

> with.
> > > Certainly there must be others who lurk out there that are sick of

this
> > and
> > > want to speak up but don't want the hassles that come with it. Speak

up,
> > > lets hear from you so the number of sane people can be seen and

perhaps
> > you
> > > can start your own forum somewhere where you can eliminate the

"bullies
> > and
> > > just get back to having decent discussions without name calling and

rude
> > > people.

> > ==================
> > Simple solution to that problem, don't post ignorant, stupid, religious
> > idiocy. Which is all that usenet-veganism is.
> > Besides, there are no real vegans here on usenet. The unecessary death

> and
> > suffering of animals would be of real concern to real vegans.
> > Usenet vegans prove with each inane post they make that unecessary

animal
> > death and suffering is not a concern of theirs.

> Again, I never mentioned "vegans" or "veganism". You are one-dimensional

in
> your approach to inter-acting with others it seems.

==================
LOL, this from a loser with a stupid alias, and posting in veg*n groups
pretending your not discussing it? What a maroon....

rick etter

.. .

=====================

=====================
Try checking the groups you're in stupid. Oh, yeah, you can't.
Nevermind....

> > In the NG's its a
> > > common occurence to see people fighting with such furor that its

almost
> > > frightening. If you disagree with the majority of bullies that runs

> > whatever
> > > NG you are "loon" or a "troll" or whatever other name they label you

> with.
> > > Certainly there must be others who lurk out there that are sick of

this
> > and
> > > want to speak up but don't want the hassles that come with it. Speak

up,
> > > lets hear from you so the number of sane people can be seen and

perhaps
> > you
> > > can start your own forum somewhere where you can eliminate the

"bullies
> > and
> > > just get back to having decent discussions without name calling and

rude
> > > people.

> > ==================
> > Simple solution to that problem, don't post ignorant, stupid, religious
> > idiocy. Which is all that usenet-veganism is.
> > Besides, there are no real vegans here on usenet. The unecessary death

> and
> > suffering of animals would be of real concern to real vegans.
> > Usenet vegans prove with each inane post they make that unecessary

animal
> > death and suffering is not a concern of theirs.

> Again, I never mentioned "vegans" or "veganism". You are one-dimensional

in
> your approach to inter-acting with others it seems.

==================
LOL, this from a loser with a stupid alias, and posting in veg*n groups
pretending your not discussing it? What a maroon....

C. James Strutz

"SansMeat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "rick etter" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> >
> > "SansMeat" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> > >
> > > "rick etter" > wrote in message
> > > nk.net...

there
> was

'Quorn' or
> > > 'Tofu',

cook, it
> > > remains

TVP. Since

sure what
> > your

more.

People like

knowledge
> easilly

and so
> were
> > > the

be'
> > ethical

products now
> on
> > > the

the
> taste
> > of

usually post
> > from

have a
> > "steak"

vegetarian
> from

should be an
> > > issue

here?

> > > Thanks for jumping in and helping out. I was wondering though,

why is it
> > > that with every little effort to help there seems to be that

slight jab
> at
> > > someones intelligence or ability to do something that you feel

you can
> do
> > > better? When I offer to help someone I do it out of a sincere

desire to
> > help
> > > someone not to belittle them. If someone falls and I lend a hand

up I
> > don't
> > > chastise them for falling, I simply offer the help. I will in

the future
> > do
> > > my very best to "read headers" so as not to offend or spark any

major
> > > controversies. Again, thank-you for your kind help and advice.

> > ==================
> > Some is ignorance, much is terminal stupidity. If you are here

on
> > newsgroups, and posting to this group, one would think that you

would have
> > at least a bit of insight as to what was being said, and where you

are.
> > Obviously, you post with your eyes, and possibly you mind, closed.

Is
> that
> > it? You're welcome, anyway.

> Hmm, with no knowledge of who are what I am about I have been

labeled as
> "terminally stupid" because I failed to read a header? That realy

shows
> "your" intelligence I think.

Exactly, Etter's a moron.

only
> > > because

religious
> > idiocy...
> > >
> > > Why do people in NG's fight about everything?

> > ======================
> > Where's the fight? vegans are just too ignorant to see the

truth. No
> > fighting, just illustrating their stupidity...
> >

> > I don't see neighbours at war
> > > over whether one eats meat and the other doesn't, do you?

> > ==================
> > Nope, because I don't have any neighbors trying to tell me what I

should
> > eat. there are vegans here that would declare meat illegal if

they had
> that
> > power.
> > There is the difference.

> Never mentioned "vegans", seems as though you have a problem with

vegans
> that has impaired your ability to comprehend a simple conversation

on
> anything else.

Yup.

> > In the NG's its a
> > > common occurence to see people fighting with such furor that its

almost
> > > frightening. If you disagree with the majority of bullies that

runs
> > whatever
> > > NG you are "loon" or a "troll" or whatever other name they label

you
> with.
> > > Certainly there must be others who lurk out there that are sick

of this
> > and
> > > want to speak up but don't want the hassles that come with it.

Speak up,
> > > lets hear from you so the number of sane people can be seen and

perhaps
> > you
> > > can start your own forum somewhere where you can eliminate the

"bullies
> > and
> > > just get back to having decent discussions without name calling

and rude
> > > people.

> > ==================
> > Simple solution to that problem, don't post ignorant, stupid,

religious
> > idiocy. Which is all that usenet-veganism is.
> > Besides, there are no real vegans here on usenet. The unecessary

death
> and
> > suffering of animals would be of real concern to real vegans.
> > Usenet vegans prove with each inane post they make that unecessary

animal
> > death and suffering is not a concern of theirs.

> Again, I never mentioned "vegans" or "veganism". You are

one-dimensional in
> your approach to inter-acting with others it seems.

Etter froths his stupidity at anyone who dares to speak in a tone that
supports veganism. Kinda like a rabid dog who snarls and barks at
anything that moves. He has no purpose, no facts, no reasoning
ability, and is one dimensional as you discovered. And that's giving
him way too much credit. You can't carry on an intelligent
conversation with him, so it's best to ignore him.

C. James Strutz

"SansMeat" > wrote in message
.. .

> [...]

> > > my very best to "read headers" so as not to offend or spark any

major
> > > controversies. Again, thank-you for your kind help and advice.

> > ==================
> > Some is ignorance, much is terminal stupidity. If you are here

on
> > newsgroups, and posting to this group, one would think that you

would have
> > at least a bit of insight as to what was being said, and where you

are.
> > Obviously, you post with your eyes, and possibly you mind, closed.

Is
> that
> > it? You're welcome, anyway.

> Hmm, with no knowledge of who are what I am about I have been

labeled as
> "terminally stupid" because I failed to read a header? That realy

Exactly, Etter's a moron.

only
> > > because

religious
> > idiocy...
> > >
> > > Why do people in NG's fight about everything?

> > ======================
> > Where's the fight? vegans are just too ignorant to see the

truth. No
> > fighting, just illustrating their stupidity...
> >

> > I don't see neighbours at war
> > > over whether one eats meat and the other doesn't, do you?

> > ==================
> > Nope, because I don't have any neighbors trying to tell me what I

should
> > eat. there are vegans here that would declare meat illegal if

they had
> that
> > power.
> > There is the difference.

> Never mentioned "vegans", seems as though you have a problem with

vegans
> that has impaired your ability to comprehend a simple conversation

on
> anything else.

Yup.

> > In the NG's its a
> > > common occurence to see people fighting with such furor that its

almost
> > > frightening. If you disagree with the majority of bullies that

runs
> > whatever
> > > NG you are "loon" or a "troll" or whatever other name they label

you
> with.
> > > Certainly there must be others who lurk out there that are sick

of this
> > and
> > > want to speak up but don't want the hassles that come with it.

Speak up,
> > > lets hear from you so the number of sane people can be seen and

perhaps
> > you
> > > can start your own forum somewhere where you can eliminate the

"bullies
> > and
> > > just get back to having decent discussions without name calling

and rude
> > > people.

> > ==================
> > Simple solution to that problem, don't post ignorant, stupid,

religious
> > idiocy. Which is all that usenet-veganism is.
> > Besides, there are no real vegans here on usenet. The unecessary

death
> and
> > suffering of animals would be of real concern to real vegans.
> > Usenet vegans prove with each inane post they make that unecessary

animal
> > death and suffering is not a concern of theirs.

> Again, I never mentioned "vegans" or "veganism". You are

one-dimensional in
> your approach to inter-acting with others it seems.

Etter froths his stupidity at anyone who dares to speak in a tone that
supports veganism. Kinda like a rabid dog who snarls and barks at
anything that moves. He has no purpose, no facts, no reasoning
ability, and is one dimensional as you discovered. And that's giving
him way too much credit. You can't carry on an intelligent
conversation with him, so it's best to ignore him.

SansMeat

> [...]

> > > Besides, there are no real vegans here on usenet. The unecessary

> death
> > and
> > > suffering of animals would be of real concern to real vegans.
> > > Usenet vegans prove with each inane post they make that unecessary

> animal
> > > death and suffering is not a concern of theirs.

> > Again, I never mentioned "vegans" or "veganism". You are

> one-dimensional in
> > your approach to inter-acting with others it seems.

> Etter froths his stupidity at anyone who dares to speak in a tone that
> supports veganism. Kinda like a rabid dog who snarls and barks at
> anything that moves. He has no purpose, no facts, no reasoning
> ability, and is one dimensional as you discovered. And that's giving
> him way too much credit. You can't carry on an intelligent
> conversation with him, so it's best to ignore him.

The really funny thing is, I've never mentioned "veganism" and I'm not a
"vegan"! I think my mistake was to have replied to a cross posted message,
marking me for life now! I think I pretty much understand where he's coming
from and as you point out, its best to just ignore him.

SansMeat

> [...]

> > > death and suffering is not a concern of theirs.

> > Again, I never mentioned "vegans" or "veganism". You are

> one-dimensional in
> > your approach to inter-acting with others it seems.

> Etter froths his stupidity at anyone who dares to speak in a tone that
> supports veganism. Kinda like a rabid dog who snarls and barks at
> anything that moves. He has no purpose, no facts, no reasoning
> ability, and is one dimensional as you discovered. And that's giving
> him way too much credit. You can't carry on an intelligent
> conversation with him, so it's best to ignore him.

The really funny thing is, I've never mentioned "veganism" and I'm not a
"vegan"! I think my mistake was to have replied to a cross posted message,
marking me for life now! I think I pretty much understand where he's coming
from and as you point out, its best to just ignore him.

magnulus

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
. com...
> As you mentioned before, people are scientifically illiterate. They just
> hear "fungus" and think it's something yucky, even as they're eating
> mushroom soup, they might say "ewwww fungus." Most people stupidly think
> mushrooms are plants.

Of course, mushroos are really the sexual organs for particular species of
fungi, which makes them double yucky if you really think about it. The
actual body (mycelium) of the mushroom doesn't look all that different from
soil mold or fungi you might find on old bread.

magnulus

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
. com...
> As you mentioned before, people are scientifically illiterate. They just
> hear "fungus" and think it's something yucky, even as they're eating
> mushroom soup, they might say "ewwww fungus." Most people stupidly think
> mushrooms are plants.

Of course, mushroos are really the sexual organs for particular species of
fungi, which makes them double yucky if you really think about it. The
actual body (mycelium) of the mushroom doesn't look all that different from
soil mold or fungi you might find on old bread.

Rubystars

"magnulus" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > As you mentioned before, people are scientifically illiterate. They just
> > hear "fungus" and think it's something yucky, even as they're eating
> > mushroom soup, they might say "ewwww fungus." Most people stupidly think
> > mushrooms are plants.

> Of course, mushroos are really the sexual organs for particular species

of
> fungi, which makes them double yucky if you really think about it. The
> actual body (mycelium) of the mushroom doesn't look all that different

from
> soil mold or fungi you might find on old bread.

People eat fruit and flowers, so I don't see that as automatically yucky.

-Rubystars

Rubystars

"magnulus" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > As you mentioned before, people are scientifically illiterate. They just
> > hear "fungus" and think it's something yucky, even as they're eating
> > mushroom soup, they might say "ewwww fungus." Most people stupidly think
> > mushrooms are plants.

> Of course, mushroos are really the sexual organs for particular species

of
> fungi, which makes them double yucky if you really think about it. The
> actual body (mycelium) of the mushroom doesn't look all that different

from
> soil mold or fungi you might find on old bread.

People eat fruit and flowers, so I don't see that as automatically yucky.

-Rubystars

BlueHeron

> People eat fruit and flowers, so I don't see that as automatically
yucky.

> -Rubystars

Heh, reminds me of a sig I read not that long ago: "Eat pussy, not pork!"

-- Blue
BlueHeron

> People eat fruit and flowers, so I don't see that as automatically
yucky.

> -Rubystars

Heh, reminds me of a sig I read not that long ago: "Eat pussy, not pork!"

-- Blue

rick etter

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

snip...

> "bullies
> > > and

> and rude
> > > ==================
> > > Simple solution to that problem, don't post ignorant, stupid,

> religious
> > > idiocy. Which is all that usenet-veganism is.
> > > Besides, there are no real vegans here on usenet. The unecessary

> death
> > and
> > > suffering of animals would be of real concern to real vegans.
> > > Usenet vegans prove with each inane post they make that unecessary

> animal
> > > death and suffering is not a concern of theirs.

> > Again, I never mentioned "vegans" or "veganism". You are

> one-dimensional in
> > your approach to inter-acting with others it seems.

> Etter froths his stupidity

================
If it were such stupidity you'r think that even a lightweight like you would
have been able to refute what I say. You haven't, nor has any other veg*n
loon here on usenet, killer.

Thanks for proving that you have nothing, once again, hypocrite...

at anyone who dares to speak in a tone that
> supports veganism. Kinda like a rabid dog who snarls and barks at
> anything that moves. He has no purpose, no facts,

====================
Why do you continue to ly, jimmy-boy?

http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/pesticideindex.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/fishkill.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/bird_fish_CA.html
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ncs/news...00/nitrate.htm
http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/P...carbofuran.htm
http://www.nwf.org/internationalwildlife/hawk.html
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Pn36/pn36p3.htm
http://www.wwfcanada.org/satellite/p...eFactSheet.pdf
http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg07_Wildl...on/pg7f2b6.htm
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html
http://www.wildlifedamagecontrol.com.../leastharm.htm
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
http://ipm.ncsu.edu/wildlife/small_grains_wildlife.html
http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/sugarcane.htm

http://www.wildlifetrustofindia.org/...ele_poison.htm
http://species.fws.gov/bio_rhin.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html
http://www.hornedlizards.org/hornedlizards/help.html
http://insects.tamu.edu/extension/bulletins/b-5093.html
http://www.orst.edu/dept/ncs/newsarc...00/nitrate.htm
http://www.orst.edu/instruct/fw251/n...riculture.html
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Pn35/pn35p6.htm

http://www.greenenergyohio.org/defau...iew&pageID=135
http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
http://www.epa.gov/airmarkets/capandtrade/power.pdf
http://www.nirs.org/licensedtokill/L...xecsummary.pdf
http://www.towerkill.com/index.html
http://migratorybirds.fws.gov/issues/towers/towers.htm
http://www.abcbirds.org/policy/towerkill.htm
http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/pae/es_ma...ticle_22.mhtml
http://www.netwalk.com/~vireo/devastatingtoll.html
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...7697992.htm?1c
http://www.energy.ca.gov/pier/energy...00-01-019.html
http://www.repp.org/repp_pubs/articl.../04impacts.htm
http://www.wvrivers.org/anker-upshur.htm
http://www.fisheries.org/html/Public...nts/ps_2.shtml
http://www.powerscorecard.org/issue_...cfm?issue_id=5
http://www.safesecurevital.org/artic...012012004.html
http://www.ontarioprofessionals.com/organic.htm

Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm

To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
/natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html

To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple
dealing with power and communications.
http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
http://www.towerkill.com/index.html

no reasoning
> ability, and is one dimensional as you discovered. And that's giving
> him way too much credit. You can't carry on an intelligent
> conversation with him, so it's best to ignore him.

rick etter

"SansMeat" > wrote in message
news
snippage...

> The really funny thing is, I've never mentioned "veganism" and I'm not a
> "vegan"! I think my mistake was to have replied to a cross posted message,
> marking me for life now! I think I pretty much understand where he's

coming
> from and as you point out, its best to just ignore him.

=============
Yes it is, especially if you wish to remain terminally ignorant, like
jimmy-boy here,

But, you've already displayed that quality, haven't you, killer.

You post to veg*n groups with an ignorant alias like sansmeat, and then try
to claim you're making no 'statement'. What a hoot! You idiots are even
more desperate than you used to be.

pearl

"rick etter" > wrote in message ink.net...

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

<..>
> > Etter froths his stupidity

> ================
> If it were such stupidity you'r think that even a lightweight like you would
> have been able to refute what I say. You haven't, nor has any other veg*n
> loon here on usenet, killer.

http://www.google.ie/groups?selm=bsi...&output=gplain

'Surveys by the ministry of agriculture and the British Trust
for Ornithology have shown the beneficial effects of organic
farming on wildlife. It's not difficult to see why: the pesticides
used in intensive agriculture kill many soil organisms, insects
and other larger species. They also kill plants considered to
be weeds. That means fewer food sources available for other
animals, birds and beneficial insects and it also destroys many
of their habitats.'
http://www.soilassociation.org/web/s.../benefits.html

'..This comprehensive European-wide literature review provides
evidence on the whole range of environmental benefits of organic
farming. It concludes that, in comparison with non-organic farming,
organic farming tends to support greater biodiversity, conserves
soil fertility and stability better, does not pose any risk of water
pollution from pesticides, results in 40-60% lower carbon dioxide
emissions per hectare, nitrous oxide and ammonia emission
potential appears to be lower, energy consumption is usually lower,
and energy efficiency is usually higher.
...'
http://www.soilassociation.org/sa/sa...Sheets05092001

'The independent research quoted in this report found substantially
greater levels of both abundance and diversity of species on the
organic farms, as outlined below:

Plants: Five times as many wild plants in arable fields, 57% more
species, and several rare and declining wild arable species found
only on organic farms.

Birds: 25% more birds at the field edge, 44% more in-field in
autumn/winter; 2.2 times as many breeding skylarks and higher
skylark breeding rates.

Invertebrates: 1.6 times as many of the arthropods that comprise
bird food; three times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas;
one to five times as many spider numbers and one to two times as
many spider species.

Crop pests: Significant decrease in aphid numbers; no change in
numbers of pest butterflies.

Distribution of the biodiversity benefits: Though the field boundaries
had the highest levels of wildlife, the highest increases were found
in the cropped areas of the fields.

Quality of the habitats: Both the field boundary and crop habitats
were more favourable on the organic farms. The field boundaries
had more trees, larger hedges and no spray drift.
...'
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/pn48/pn48p15b.htm.

pearl

"rick etter" > wrote in message ink.net...

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

<..>
> > Etter froths his stupidity

> ================
> If it were such stupidity you'r think that even a lightweight like you would
> have been able to refute what I say. You haven't, nor has any other veg*n
> loon here on usenet, killer.

http://www.google.ie/groups?selm=bsi...&output=gplain

'Surveys by the ministry of agriculture and the British Trust
for Ornithology have shown the beneficial effects of organic
farming on wildlife. It's not difficult to see why: the pesticides
used in intensive agriculture kill many soil organisms, insects
and other larger species. They also kill plants considered to
be weeds. That means fewer food sources available for other
animals, birds and beneficial insects and it also destroys many
of their habitats.'
http://www.soilassociation.org/web/s.../benefits.html

'..This comprehensive European-wide literature review provides
evidence on the whole range of environmental benefits of organic
farming. It concludes that, in comparison with non-organic farming,
organic farming tends to support greater biodiversity, conserves
soil fertility and stability better, does not pose any risk of water
pollution from pesticides, results in 40-60% lower carbon dioxide
emissions per hectare, nitrous oxide and ammonia emission
potential appears to be lower, energy consumption is usually lower,
and energy efficiency is usually higher.
...'
http://www.soilassociation.org/sa/sa...Sheets05092001

'The independent research quoted in this report found substantially
greater levels of both abundance and diversity of species on the
organic farms, as outlined below:

Plants: Five times as many wild plants in arable fields, 57% more
species, and several rare and declining wild arable species found
only on organic farms.

Birds: 25% more birds at the field edge, 44% more in-field in
autumn/winter; 2.2 times as many breeding skylarks and higher
skylark breeding rates.

Invertebrates: 1.6 times as many of the arthropods that comprise
bird food; three times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas;
one to five times as many spider numbers and one to two times as
many spider species.

Crop pests: Significant decrease in aphid numbers; no change in
numbers of pest butterflies.

Distribution of the biodiversity benefits: Though the field boundaries
had the highest levels of wildlife, the highest increases were found
in the cropped areas of the fields.

Quality of the habitats: Both the field boundary and crop habitats
were more favourable on the organic farms. The field boundaries
had more trees, larger hedges and no spray drift.
...'
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/pn48/pn48p15b.htm.

rick etter

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "rick etter" > wrote in message

ink.net...

> [...]

> Birds: 25% more birds at the field edge, 44% more in-field in
> autumn/winter; 2.2 times as many breeding skylarks and higher
> skylark breeding rates.
>
> Invertebrates: 1.6 times as many of the arthropods that comprise
> bird food; three times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas;
> one to five times as many spider numbers and one to two times as
> many spider species.
>
> Crop pests: Significant decrease in aphid numbers; no change in
> numbers of pest butterflies.
>
> Distribution of the biodiversity benefits: Though the field boundaries
> had the highest levels of wildlife, the highest increases were found
> in the cropped areas of the fields.
>
> Quality of the habitats: Both the field boundary and crop habitats
> were more favourable on the organic farms. The field boundaries
> had more trees, larger hedges and no spray drift.

SansMeat

"rick etter" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "SansMeat" > wrote in message
> news >
> snippage...
>

> > The really funny thing is, I've never mentioned "veganism" and I'm not a
> > "vegan"! I think my mistake was to have replied to a cross posted

message,
> > marking me for life now! I think I pretty much understand where he's

> coming
> > from and as you point out, its best to just ignore him.

> =============
> Yes it is, especially if you wish to remain terminally ignorant, like
> jimmy-boy here,
>
> But, you've already displayed that quality, haven't you, killer.
>
> You post to veg*n groups with an ignorant alias like sansmeat, and then

try
> to claim you're making no 'statement'. What a hoot! You idiots are even
> more desperate than you used to be.

My statement is quite simple, very much like you, I don't eat meat and I am
interested in cooking, hence the reason for being in "rec.food.veg", as well
as "rec.food.veg.cooking" and "alt.cooking.chefs". If you've noticed I have
not tried to force my beliefs, ethics or morals on anyone and I don't wish
to discuss anyones elses. I just want to talk about "food", get it? Probably
not, its too darn simple...

pearl

"rick etter" > wrote in message .net...

> [...]

> http://www.ontarioprofessionals.com/organic.htm
>

> Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
> here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
> http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
> http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
> http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm
>
> To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
> here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
> can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
> http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
> /natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
> http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
> http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
> http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
>

> To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
> maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple

Nothing about organic farming?

And see;
> http://www.google.ie/groups?selm=bsi...&output=gplain
> >
> > 'Surveys by the ministry of agriculture and the British Trust
> > for Ornithology have shown the beneficial effects of organic
> > farming on wildlife. It's not difficult to see why: the pesticides
> > used in intensive agriculture kill many soil organisms, insects
> > and other larger species. They also kill plants considered to
> > be weeds. That means fewer food sources available for other
> > animals, birds and beneficial insects and it also destroys many
> > of their habitats.'
> > http://www.soilassociation.org/web/s.../benefits.html
> >
> > '..This comprehensive European-wide literature review provides
> > evidence on the whole range of environmental benefits of organic
> > farming. It concludes that, in comparison with non-organic farming,
> > organic farming tends to support greater biodiversity, conserves
> > soil fertility and stability better, does not pose any risk of water
> > pollution from pesticides, results in 40-60% lower carbon dioxide
> > emissions per hectare, nitrous oxide and ammonia emission
> > potential appears to be lower, energy consumption is usually lower,
> > and energy efficiency is usually higher.
> > ..'
> >

> http://www.soilassociation.org/sa/sa...Sheets05092001
> >
> > 'The independent research quoted in this report found substantially
> > greater levels of both abundance and diversity of species on the
> > organic farms, as outlined below:
> >
> > Plants: Five times as many wild plants in arable fields, 57% more
> > species, and several rare and declining wild arable species found
> > only on organic farms.
> >
> > Birds: 25% more birds at the field edge, 44% more in-field in
> > autumn/winter; 2.2 times as many breeding skylarks and higher
> > skylark breeding rates.
> >
> > Invertebrates: 1.6 times as many of the arthropods that comprise
> > bird food; three times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas;
> > one to five times as many spider numbers and one to two times as
> > many spider species.
> >
> > Crop pests: Significant decrease in aphid numbers; no change in
> > numbers of pest butterflies.
> >
> > Distribution of the biodiversity benefits: Though the field boundaries
> > had the highest levels of wildlife, the highest increases were found
> > in the cropped areas of the fields.
> >
> > Quality of the habitats: Both the field boundary and crop habitats
> > were more favourable on the organic farms. The field boundaries
> > had more trees, larger hedges and no spray drift.
> > ..'
> > http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/pn48/pn48p15b.htm.

pearl

> [...]

> > Birds: 25% more birds at the field edge, 44% more in-field in
> > autumn/winter; 2.2 times as many breeding skylarks and higher
> > skylark breeding rates.
> >
> > Invertebrates: 1.6 times as many of the arthropods that comprise
> > bird food; three times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas;
> > one to five times as many spider numbers and one to two times as
> > many spider species.
> >
> > Crop pests: Significant decrease in aphid numbers; no change in
> > numbers of pest butterflies.
> >
> > Distribution of the biodiversity benefits: Though the field boundaries
> > had the highest levels of wildlife, the highest increases were found
> > in the cropped areas of the fields.
> >
> > Quality of the habitats: Both the field boundary and crop habitats
> > were more favourable on the organic farms. The field boundaries
> > had more trees, larger hedges and no spray drift.

rick etter

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "rick etter" > wrote in message

.net...

> [...]

> > http://www.ontarioprofessionals.com/organic.htm
> >

> > Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
> > here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.

http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
> > http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
> > http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm
> >
> > To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
> > here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
> > can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
> > /natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
> > http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
> > http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
> > http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
> >

> > To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
> > maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple

-------------
Didn't read them did you? Typical, killer.

snippage,

rick etter

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "rick etter" > wrote in message

.net...

> [...]

> > http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm
> >
> > To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
> > here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
> > can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
> > /natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
> > http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
> > http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
> > http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
> >

> > To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
> > maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple
> > dealing with power and communications.
> > http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
> > http://www.towerkill.com/index.html

> Nothing about organic farming?

-------------
Didn't read them did you? Typical, killer.

pearl

> [...]

> > > http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm
> > >
> > > To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
> > > here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
> > > can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
> > >

> http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
> > > /natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
> > > http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
> > > http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
> > > http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
> > >

> > > To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
> > > maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple
> > > dealing with power and communications.
> > > http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
> > > http://www.towerkill.com/index.html

> > Nothing about organic farming?

> -------------
> Didn't read them did you? Typical, killer.

I saw one page, http://www.ontarioprofessionals.com/organic.htm ,
which describes sterilization of frogs, and the comment that Atrazine
should be treated even more strictly by environmental regulators, but
nothing about deaths by the millions of anything. Got anything else?

> snippage,

Evasion. Your arguments have been refuted numerous times.

--restore--

And see;
> http://www.google.ie/groups?selm=bsi...&output=gplain
> >
> > 'Surveys by the ministry of agriculture and the British Trust
> > for Ornithology have shown the beneficial effects of organic
> > farming on wildlife. It's not difficult to see why: the pesticides
> > used in intensive agriculture kill many soil organisms, insects
> > and other larger species. They also kill plants considered to
> > be weeds. That means fewer food sources available for other
> > animals, birds and beneficial insects and it also destroys many
> > of their habitats.'
> > http://www.soilassociation.org/web/s.../benefits.html
> >
> > '..This comprehensive European-wide literature review provides
> > evidence on the whole range of environmental benefits of organic
> > farming. It concludes that, in comparison with non-organic farming,
> > organic farming tends to support greater biodiversity, conserves
> > soil fertility and stability better, does not pose any risk of water
> > pollution from pesticides, results in 40-60% lower carbon dioxide
> > emissions per hectare, nitrous oxide and ammonia emission
> > potential appears to be lower, energy consumption is usually lower,
> > and energy efficiency is usually higher.
> > ..'
> >

> http://www.soilassociation.org/sa/sa...Sheets05092001
> >
> > 'The independent research quoted in this report found substantially
> > greater levels of both abundance and diversity of species on the
> > organic farms, as outlined below:
> >
> > Plants: Five times as many wild plants in arable fields, 57% more
> > species, and several rare and declining wild arable species found
> > only on organic farms.
> >
> > Birds: 25% more birds at the field edge, 44% more in-field in
> > autumn/winter; 2.2 times as many breeding skylarks and higher
> > skylark breeding rates.
> >
> > Invertebrates: 1.6 times as many of the arthropods that comprise
> > bird food; three times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas;
> > one to five times as many spider numbers and one to two times as
> > many spider species.
> >
> > Crop pests: Significant decrease in aphid numbers; no change in
> > numbers of pest butterflies.
> >
> > Distribution of the biodiversity benefits: Though the field boundaries
> > had the highest levels of wildlife, the highest increases were found
> > in the cropped areas of the fields.
> >
> > Quality of the habitats: Both the field boundary and crop habitats
> > were more favourable on the organic farms. The field boundaries
> > had more trees, larger hedges and no spray drift.
> > ..'
> > http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/pn48/pn48p15b.htm.

pearl

> [...]

> > Birds: 25% more birds at the field edge, 44% more in-field in
> > autumn/winter; 2.2 times as many breeding skylarks and higher
> > skylark breeding rates.
> >
> > Invertebrates: 1.6 times as many of the arthropods that comprise
> > bird food; three times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas;
> > one to five times as many spider numbers and one to two times as
> > many spider species.
> >
> > Crop pests: Significant decrease in aphid numbers; no change in
> > numbers of pest butterflies.
> >
> > Distribution of the biodiversity benefits: Though the field boundaries
> > had the highest levels of wildlife, the highest increases were found
> > in the cropped areas of the fields.
> >
> > Quality of the habitats: Both the field boundary and crop habitats
> > were more favourable on the organic farms. The field boundaries
> > had more trees, larger hedges and no spray drift.

rick etter

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "rick etter" > wrote in message

nk.net...

snippage,

> Evasion. Your arguments have been refuted numerous times.

==================
No, they have not. And YOU haven't even come close!!!

snip

rick etter

"pearl" > wrote in message
> "rick etter" > wrote in message

nk.net...

snippage,

> Evasion. Your arguments have been refuted numerous times.

==================
No, they have not. And YOU haven't even come close!!!

snip

pearl

"rick etter" > wrote in message ink.net...

> "pearl" > wrote in message
> > "rick etter" > wrote in message

> nk.net...
>
> snippage,
> >
> > Evasion. Your arguments have been refuted numerous times.

> ==================
> No, they have not. And YOU haven't even come close!!!

Yes they have, loony bin. Address this, stupid liar.

--restore--
> http://www.google.ie/groups?selm=bsi...&output=gplain
> >
> > 'Surveys by the ministry of agriculture and the British Trust
> > for Ornithology have shown the beneficial effects of organic
> > farming on wildlife. It's not difficult to see why: the pesticides
> > used in intensive agriculture kill many soil organisms, insects
> > and other larger species. They also kill plants considered to
> > be weeds. That means fewer food sources available for other
> > animals, birds and beneficial insects and it also destroys many
> > of their habitats.'
> > http://www.soilassociation.org/web/s.../benefits.html
> >
> > '..This comprehensive European-wide literature review provides
> > evidence on the whole range of environmental benefits of organic
> > farming. It concludes that, in comparison with non-organic farming,
> > organic farming tends to support greater biodiversity, conserves
> > soil fertility and stability better, does not pose any risk of water
> > pollution from pesticides, results in 40-60% lower carbon dioxide
> > emissions per hectare, nitrous oxide and ammonia emission
> > potential appears to be lower, energy consumption is usually lower,
> > and energy efficiency is usually higher.
> > ..'
> >

> http://www.soilassociation.org/sa/sa...Sheets05092001
> >
> > 'The independent research quoted in this report found substantially
> > greater levels of both abundance and diversity of species on the
> > organic farms, as outlined below:
> >
> > Plants: Five times as many wild plants in arable fields, 57% more
> > species, and several rare and declining wild arable species found
> > only on organic farms.
> >
> > Birds: 25% more birds at the field edge, 44% more in-field in
> > autumn/winter; 2.2 times as many breeding skylarks and higher
> > skylark breeding rates.
> >
> > Invertebrates: 1.6 times as many of the arthropods that comprise
> > bird food; three times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas;
> > one to five times as many spider numbers and one to two times as
> > many spider species.
> >
> > Crop pests: Significant decrease in aphid numbers; no change in
> > numbers of pest butterflies.
> >
> > Distribution of the biodiversity benefits: Though the field boundaries
> > had the highest levels of wildlife, the highest increases were found
> > in the cropped areas of the fields.
> >
> > Quality of the habitats: Both the field boundary and crop habitats
> > were more favourable on the organic farms. The field boundaries
> > had more trees, larger hedges and no spray drift.
> > ..'
> > http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/pn48/pn48p15b.htm.

pearl

> [...]

> > Birds: 25% more birds at the field edge, 44% more in-field in
> > autumn/winter; 2.2 times as many breeding skylarks and higher
> > skylark breeding rates.
> >
> > Invertebrates: 1.6 times as many of the arthropods that comprise
> > bird food; three times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas;
> > one to five times as many spider numbers and one to two times as
> > many spider species.
> >
> > Crop pests: Significant decrease in aphid numbers; no change in
> > numbers of pest butterflies.
> >
> > Distribution of the biodiversity benefits: Though the field boundaries
> > had the highest levels of wildlife, the highest increases were found
> > in the cropped areas of the fields.
> >
> > Quality of the habitats: Both the field boundary and crop habitats
> > were more favourable on the organic farms. The field boundaries
> > had more trees, larger hedges and no spray drift.

Steve

rick etter wrote:

> No, they have not. And YOU haven't even come close!!!

Another group with rick etters posts. You sure do have a lot of time to
waste.

Oh well, adding rick etter to my kill file for rec.food.veg

Steve

Steve

rick etter wrote:

> No, they have not. And YOU haven't even come close!!!

Another group with rick etters posts. You sure do have a lot of time to
waste.

Oh well, adding rick etter to my kill file for rec.food.veg

Steve

Heidi

Heh. Get a hotel room, you two.

nk.net...

http://www.wwfcanada.org/satellite/p...feFactSheet.pd
> > > http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg07_Wildl...on/pg7f2b6.htm
> > > http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html
> > > http://www.wildlifedamagecontrol.com.../leastharm.htm
> > >

> http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
> > > http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
> > > http://ipm.ncsu.edu/wildlife/small_grains_wildlife.html
> > > http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/sugarcane.htm
> > >
> > > http://www.wildlifetrustofindia.org/...ele_poison.htm
> > > http://species.fws.gov/bio_rhin.html
> > > http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
> > > http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html
> > > http://www.hornedlizards.org/hornedlizards/help.html
> > > http://insects.tamu.edu/extension/bulletins/b-5093.html
> > > http://www.orst.edu/dept/ncs/newsarc...00/nitrate.htm
> > > http://www.orst.edu/instruct/fw251/n...riculture.html
> > > http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Pn35/pn35p6.htm
> > >

> > > http://www.greenenergyohio.org/defau...iew&pageID=135
> > > http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
> > > http://www.epa.gov/airmarkets/capandtrade/power.pdf
> > > http://www.nirs.org/licensedtokill/L...xecsummary.pdf
> > > http://www.towerkill.com/index.html
> > > http://migratorybirds.fws.gov/issues/towers/towers.htm
> > > http://www.abcbirds.org/policy/towerkill.htm
> > > http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/pae/es_ma...ticle_22.mhtml
> > > http://www.netwalk.com/~vireo/devastatingtoll.html
> > > http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...7697992.htm?1c

http://www.energy.ca.gov/pier/energy...00-01-019.html
> > > http://www.repp.org/repp_pubs/articl.../04impacts.htm
> > > http://www.wvrivers.org/anker-upshur.htm
> > >

> http://www.fisheries.org/html/Public...nts/ps_2.shtml
> > > http://www.powerscorecard.org/issue_...cfm?issue_id=5
> > > http://www.safesecurevital.org/artic...012012004.html
> > > http://www.ontarioprofessionals.com/organic.htm
> > >

> > > Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
> > > here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
> > >

> http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
> > > http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/
> > > http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm
> > >
> > > To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
> > > here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
> > > can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
> > > /natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
> > > http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
> > > http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
> > > http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
> > >

> > > To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
> > > maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple
> > > dealing with power and communications.
> > > http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
> > > http://www.towerkill.com/index.html

> > Nothing about organic farming?

> -------------
> Didn't read them did you? Typical, killer.
>

> snippage,

Heidi

Heh. Get a hotel room, you two.

"rick etter" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> [...]

> > > http://www.gbr.wwf.org.au/content/problem/cotton.htm
> > >
> > > To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
> > > here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
> > > can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
> > > /natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
> > > http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
> > > http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
> > > http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
> > >

> > > To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
> > > maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple
> > > dealing with power and communications.
> > > http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
> > > http://www.towerkill.com/index.html

> > Nothing about organic farming?

> Didn't read them did you? Typical, killer.

CSPI endorses Dietz and Watson's Turkey Kalmia General Cooking 4 26-02-2011 05:57 AM
FYI: CSPI: Dirty Dining. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 0 21-08-2008 12:40 PM
Quorn? byakee General Cooking 1 12-06-2004 03:51 PM
Quorn - "an odious mold" Jonathan Ball Vegan 24 14-03-2004 09:39 PM
'Quorn Products' Ray Vegan 7 04-12-2003 10:46 AM