InToXiCaTeD AnGeL

Default Real Vegan Burgers.

Is there any types of vegan veggie burgers?

Most Garden burgers have honey in them,
And i found cheese in my 'vegan' boka burgers.
Maybe a mistake in packaging i guess.... But is there any real vegan
burgers that are good?

Always,
Sarah.

Rubystars

"InToXiCaTeD AnGeL" > wrote in message
> Is there any types of vegan veggie burgers?
>
> Most Garden burgers have honey in them,
> And i found cheese in my 'vegan' boka burgers.
> Maybe a mistake in packaging i guess.... But is there any real vegan
> burgers that are good?
>
> Always,
> Sarah.

Take the seed coats off and then mash up some chick peas with olive oil. You
can put some bread crumbs into the mix too if you want. Heat up the patties
(they'll probably crumble but they still taste good) and eat them.

Rubystars

"InToXiCaTeD AnGeL" > wrote in message
> Is there any types of vegan veggie burgers?
>
> Most Garden burgers have honey in them,
> And i found cheese in my 'vegan' boka burgers.
> Maybe a mistake in packaging i guess.... But is there any real vegan
> burgers that are good?
>
> Always,
> Sarah.

Take the seed coats off and then mash up some chick peas with olive oil. You
can put some bread crumbs into the mix too if you want. Heat up the patties
(they'll probably crumble but they still taste good) and eat them.

Kendy

Turtle Mountin 'tex mex' burgers are great!

-Kendy
(remove the 'pute' to reply!)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/missmuffcake/
Sarah Carter

Rubystars > wrote in message
m...

> Take the seed coats off and then mash up some chick peas with olive oil.

You
> can put some bread crumbs into the mix too if you want. Heat up the

patties
> (they'll probably crumble but they still taste good) and eat them.

I do this, but I add different things to the mix. Sometimes a finely diced
onion, sometimes a grated carrot. I've found that a handful of mung bean
sprouts is quite good mixed in too.

Sarah

Sarah Carter

Rubystars > wrote in message
m...

> Take the seed coats off and then mash up some chick peas with olive oil.

You
> can put some bread crumbs into the mix too if you want. Heat up the

patties
> (they'll probably crumble but they still taste good) and eat them.

I do this, but I add different things to the mix. Sometimes a finely diced
onion, sometimes a grated carrot. I've found that a handful of mung bean
sprouts is quite good mixed in too.

Sarah

Sarah Carter

Rubystars > wrote in message
m...

> Take the seed coats off and then mash up some chick peas with olive oil.

You
> can put some bread crumbs into the mix too if you want. Heat up the

patties
> (they'll probably crumble but they still taste good) and eat them.

I do this, but I add different things to the mix. Sometimes a finely diced
onion, sometimes a grated carrot. I've found that a handful of mung bean
sprouts is quite good mixed in too.

Sarah

Rubystars

"Sarah Carter" > wrote in message
> Rubystars > wrote in message
> m...
>
> > Take the seed coats off and then mash up some chick peas with olive oil.

> You
> > can put some bread crumbs into the mix too if you want. Heat up the

> patties
> > (they'll probably crumble but they still taste good) and eat them.

> I do this, but I add different things to the mix. Sometimes a finely diced
> onion, sometimes a grated carrot. I've found that a handful of mung bean
> sprouts is quite good mixed in too.
>
> Sarah

A little onion and carrot is nice.

Sometimes a bit of paprika for color.

-Rubystars

Rubystars

"Sarah Carter" > wrote in message
> Rubystars > wrote in message
> m...
>
> > Take the seed coats off and then mash up some chick peas with olive oil.

> You
> > can put some bread crumbs into the mix too if you want. Heat up the

> patties
> > (they'll probably crumble but they still taste good) and eat them.

> I do this, but I add different things to the mix. Sometimes a finely diced
> onion, sometimes a grated carrot. I've found that a handful of mung bean
> sprouts is quite good mixed in too.
>
> Sarah

A little onion and carrot is nice.

Sometimes a bit of paprika for color.

-Rubystars

katie

"InToXiCaTeD AnGeL" > wrote in message
> Is there any types of vegan veggie burgers?
>
> Most Garden burgers have honey in them,
> And i found cheese in my 'vegan' boka burgers.
> Maybe a mistake in packaging i guess.... But is there any real vegan
> burgers that are good?
>
> Always,
> Sarah.

aren't the yves veggie cuisine burgers vegan? and my dad brought home some
odd thing from the store the other day - i've never seen it; you're supposed
to make veggie burgers out of it, as if it were ground round except that i
think it sticks together better, so you can form it into a patty. it's in
one of those plastic tubey bag type things with the little metal clips at
each end, like you always see with meats or cheeses in the deli. probably
not the best description...anyhow, haven't tried it, but the ingredient list
looks safe. or, since i don't really like meat analogues, when i get a
burger craving, i like to just marinade a slab of extra firm tofu in veg
oyster sauce, chili powder, fresh garlic, and green onion, and fry it in a
bit of earth balance. throw that in a 12-grain pocket pita with your burger
toppings and it's delish. i absolutely love tofu and it's delicate texture
and flavour. mmm...

BlueHeron

katie wrote:
> "InToXiCaTeD AnGeL" > wrote in message
>
>>Is there any types of vegan veggie burgers?
>>
>>Most Garden burgers have honey in them,
>>And i found cheese in my 'vegan' boka burgers.
>>Maybe a mistake in packaging i guess.... But is there any real vegan
>>burgers that are good?
>>
>>Always,
>>Sarah.

> aren't the yves veggie cuisine burgers vegan?

Some are
(http://www.yvesveggie.com/products_f... gie%20Burgers)
and some are not
(http://www.yvesveggie.com/products_f... ima%20Veggie)
but they have always been clear about it on the label (non vegan).

and my dad brought home some
> odd thing from the store the other day - i've never seen it; you're supposed
> to make veggie burgers out of it, as if it were ground round except that i
> think it sticks together better, so you can form it into a patty. it's in
> one of those plastic tubey bag type things with the little metal clips at
> each end, like you always see with meats or cheeses in the deli. probably
> not the best description...anyhow, haven't tried it, but the ingredient list
> looks safe.

Gimme Lean most likely. Their regular flavour is nothing to write home
about, but the sausage flavour is pretty darn tasty and makes nice
"meat" balls. http://www.lightlife.com/gimmelean.html

or, since i don't really like meat analogues, when i get a
> burger craving, i like to just marinade a slab of extra firm tofu in veg
> oyster sauce, chili powder, fresh garlic, and green onion, and fry it in a
> bit of earth balance. throw that in a 12-grain pocket pita with your burger
> toppings and it's delish. i absolutely love tofu and it's delicate texture
> and flavour. mmm...

Given the choice and time, I much prefer making my own veggie burgers.
Prey tell though, what is veg oyster sauce, and what is earth balance?
Margarine? Give me a nice olive oil instead if that's the case!

Cheers,

-- Blue
MBalarama

InToXiCaTeD AnGeL wrote in message
Is there any types of vegan veggie burgers?

Most Garden burgers have honey in them,
And i found cheese in my 'vegan' boka burgers.
Maybe a mistake in packaging i guess.... But is there any real vegan
burgers that are good?
I use Amy's California burgers-I think they are yummy-my daughter hates
them..
they list all vegan stuff
Mchael

Always,
Sarah.

webwalkergill

In Detroit, there are burgers called "Lick's Nature's Choice" that are
sold in Farmer Jack's stores. They're a vegan product that's
surprisingly good in quality and taste.
webwalkergill

In Detroit, there are burgers called "Lick's Nature's Choice" that are
sold in Farmer Jack's stores. They're a vegan product that's
surprisingly good in quality and taste.

Some real scientific information on raw vegan diets crisology Vegan 76 18-08-2008 01:32 PM
Some real scientific information on raw vegan diets Dragonblaze Vegan 78 17-08-2008 11:34 PM
Some real scientific information on raw vegan diets Laurie Vegan 1 16-08-2008 03:53 PM
Real Vegan Burgers VegEaterNY Vegan 0 24-08-2004 09:09 PM
Vegan Burgers and Loaves (10) Collection. Andy & Shell Recipes (moderated) 0 12-12-2003 04:41 AM