Jan

Default No-veggie-vegetarians

There are number of vegetarians who eat very little or no vegetables.
One could call them no-veggie-vegetarians. That is amazing because
vegetables are the healthiest food items in vegetarian diets. They
contain large amount of phytochemicals, minerals and vitamins and they
are low in energy. They are also heart-protective and
cancer-protective and especially the greens cointain vitamin K and
often kalsium and magnesium also which are important for the bones. If
you look at the factor loadings of the nutritional research of dietary
patterns you'll notice that the most health-protective foods are the
vegetables! So, eat your veggies!

Jan
Jan

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message >...

> > > Then what do they eat? Rocks?
> > >

> > It shouldn't take a "rock"et scientist to figure it out. But I'm curious

> as
> > well. What do they eat? And what is the source of this information?

> My daughter does not like veggies-she now eating more-she just turned 18
> she likes tofu, fried, baked etc., tofu pups, veggie burgers, mexcian stuff
> with avacados, beans, chili,
> raman noodles, veggie soup, baked potatos,
> salads, peanut butter sandwiches,

Well, I am a member in some other news groups as well and some members
in those groups have confessed that they don't eat and don't like
veggies. They say that they eat pasta, pizza, yoghurt, bread, bananas
and that is definitely not a very healthy dietary pattern.

Jan
Jan

> > > Then what do they eat? Rocks?
> > >

> > It shouldn't take a "rock"et scientist to figure it out. But I'm curious

> as
> > well. What do they eat? And what is the source of this information?

> My daughter does not like veggies-she now eating more-she just turned 18
> she likes tofu, fried, baked etc., tofu pups, veggie burgers, mexcian stuff
> with avacados, beans, chili,
> raman noodles, veggie soup, baked potatos,
> salads, peanut butter sandwiches,

Well, I am a member in some other news groups as well and some members
in those groups have confessed that they don't eat and don't like
veggies. They say that they eat pasta, pizza, yoghurt, bread, bananas
and that is definitely not a very healthy dietary pattern.

Jan
katie

"Jan" > wrote in message
om...
> There are number of vegetarians who eat very little or no vegetables.
> One could call them no-veggie-vegetarians.

i call those ones 'junk-food vegans' () i've met some who seem to live on
french fries, potato chips, white bread, pop, candy, and various
over-processed crapfood. they seem to be the same ones who you meet who
look sickly, and eventually say 'i used to be a vegan, but i got really sick
so i had to start eating meat again.' frigging drives me nuts. i'm like
what did you eat? and it always seems to be the same shit, lotsa processed
crap and almost no veggies or fruits. madness. pure madness. (kinda like
my best friend, a non-veggie though, who put herself in the hospital for
severe malnutrition and dehydration for living on pepsi and cigarettes with
almost no sleep, for like, 2 whole weeks. i kid you not. what a crazy
lady. last time i visited her i looked in her crispers and they were just
filled with water bottles. i was like 'where are your vegetables?!' and she
was like, 'is that was those drawers are for?' seriously. so i filled em'
up with good veggies, and i think she's been keeping up the habit somewhat.
thank goodness.) on a bright veggie note, i had an odd craving yesterday
that turned out to be sooooo delicious! sometimes as a treat i get this
'bean curd family style' dish from the nice folks who have a chinese place
on the corner. it's like tofu & oyster mushrooms & bamboo shoots & peppers
& a bit of chinese cabbage, in a super spicy sauce. mmm...great to eat when
you're sick, all that spicyness sure clears out the sinuses, and probably
barbecues any germs in your system! anyhow, i usually get takeout and make
up some brown rice to eat it on, but yesterday i thought i'd pick some swiss
chard from the garden, steam it, and serve this dish on top of that. man,
it was so damned good! and an awesome way to get your leafy green veggies.
i'm going to do that from now on. yum : )