Michael Balarama

Default organic or not

I make carrot celery juice everyday-our family drinks about 3 pints...use
about 2.5 lbs carrots a day and one bunch of non organic celery-was thinking
of trying non-organic carrots- the Calif organic carrots don't use certain
pesticides and are labeled organic but they still use pesticides...-the non
organic carrots are about 1/3 the cost---
any opinions...
thanks
Michael

rick etter

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
> I make carrot celery juice everyday-our family drinks about 3 pints...use
> about 2.5 lbs carrots a day and one bunch of non organic celery-was

thinking
> of trying non-organic carrots- the Calif organic carrots don't use certain
> pesticides and are labeled organic but they still use pesticides...-the

non
> organic carrots are about 1/3 the cost---
> any opinions...
> thanks
> Michael

==================
Wash them, and use what you want. There really is no difference if they are
both fresh.

nemo

Michael Balarama > wrote in message
> I make carrot celery juice everyday-our family drinks about 3 pints...use
> about 2.5 lbs carrots a day and one bunch of non organic celery-was

thinking
> of trying non-organic carrots- the Calif organic carrots don't use certain
> pesticides and are labeled organic but they still use pesticides...-the

non
> organic carrots are about 1/3 the cost---
> any opinions...
> thanks
> Michael

Heaven forbid, but if you or anyone in your family ever comes down with
lethargy and/or depression, it'll be because of the very widely used
Organophosphate pesticide in the veggies. I say *in* because it's systemic.
You can't wash it off.

Most countries' governments still insist it's totally harmless in spite of
hundreds of farmers who have been crippled by being exposed to it in the
form of sheep dip.

And of course, no-one even thinks about the effect the stuff must have on
the sheep that are totally immersed in it! I caught the overspray from it
while out in the country once and have had a certain amount of depression
ever since - and a symptom virtually unique to Organophosphate exposure -
allergy to synthetic perfumes. They didn't bother me before.

In the UK, organic is supposed to mean natural fertiliser and *no*
pesticides - except for mushrooms, where they're still allowed to use
non-organic manure to grow them on. So there's not much point in paying
extra for those.

Nemo

nemo

rick etter > wrote in message
.net...

> "Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
> > I make carrot celery juice everyday-our family drinks about 3

pints...use
> > about 2.5 lbs carrots a day and one bunch of non organic celery-was

> thinking
> > of trying non-organic carrots- the Calif organic carrots don't use

certain
> > pesticides and are labeled organic but they still use pesticides...-the

> non
> > organic carrots are about 1/3 the cost---
> > any opinions...
> > thanks
> > Michael

> ==================
> Wash them, and use what you want. There really is no difference if they

are
> both fresh.

See above Organophosphate being a systemic pesticide.

nemo

rick etter > wrote in message
.net...

> "Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
> > I make carrot celery juice everyday-our family drinks about 3

pints...use
> > about 2.5 lbs carrots a day and one bunch of non organic celery-was

> thinking
> > of trying non-organic carrots- the Calif organic carrots don't use

certain
> > pesticides and are labeled organic but they still use pesticides...-the

> non
> > organic carrots are about 1/3 the cost---
> > any opinions...
> > thanks
> > Michael

> ==================
> Wash them, and use what you want. There really is no difference if they

are
> both fresh.

See above Organophosphate being a systemic pesticide.

Michael Balarama

"nemo" > wrote in message

> Michael Balarama > wrote in message
> > I make carrot celery juice everyday-our family drinks about 3

pints...use
> > about 2.5 lbs carrots a day and one bunch of non organic celery-was

> thinking
> > of trying non-organic carrots- the Calif organic carrots don't use

certain
> > pesticides and are labeled organic but they still use pesticides...-the

> non
> > organic carrots are about 1/3 the cost---
> > any opinions...
> > thanks
> > Michael
> >

> Heaven forbid, but if you or anyone in your family ever comes down with
> lethargy and/or depression, it'll be because of the very widely used
> Organophosphate pesticide in the veggies. I say *in* because it's

systemic.
> You can't wash it off.
>
> Most countries' governments still insist it's totally harmless in spite of
> hundreds of farmers who have been crippled by being exposed to it in the
> form of sheep dip.
>
> And of course, no-one even thinks about the effect the stuff must have on
> the sheep that are totally immersed in it! I caught the overspray from it
> while out in the country once and have had a certain amount of depression
> ever since - and a symptom virtually unique to Organophosphate exposure -
> allergy to synthetic perfumes. They didn't bother me before.
>
> In the UK, organic is supposed to mean natural fertiliser and *no*
> pesticides - except for mushrooms, where they're still allowed to use
> non-organic manure to grow them on. So there's not much point in paying
> extra for those.

thanks-I am checking to see of there is a big price difference-so far the
cost is about the same..organic/inorganic...
But I really enjoy my 2 pint glass of carrot /celery brew -in my mind I know
it helps to put such healthy ingredients in my body.
Michael

Michael Balarama