Momzilla

Default Hey Fritz! I made cookies

I took your suggestion and added 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum to my Mom's Chocolate
Chip Cookie recipe. Awesome!

I mixed a double batch of dough and added the walnuts and chocolate chip to
half and "white chocolate" and macadamia nuts to the other half. For the
white chocolate I chopped up some "Fisher's" (brand name) white candy
coating that happens to be vegan. My daughter now likes macadamia nuts
(expensive taste) She wants the cookies with nuts only.
I have Veganize Granny Lucy's Oatmeal Cookies now.

I'm making Sweet and Sour Tofu from a Linda McCartney cookbook for supper.
Back to the kitchen.
-nancy-

T5NF

Nancy wrote:
>I took your suggestion and added 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum to my Mom's Chocolate
>Chip Cookie recipe. Awesome!

Isn't it cool how chewy they get? I think guar gum does much the same thing,
but I haven't ever used it before.

>I mixed a double batch of dough and added the walnuts and chocolate chip to
>half and "white chocolate" and macadamia nuts to the other half. For the
>white chocolate I chopped up some "Fisher's" (brand name) white candy
>coating that happens to be vegan. My daughter now likes macadamia nuts
>(expensive taste) She wants the cookies with nuts only.
>I have Veganize Granny Lucy's Oatmeal Cookies now.

*grin* I just call it 'good' taste ;-). Last night I started out making
individual oatmeal cookies, but ended up putting the batter in a casserole dish
and turned them into bar cookies instead....I had some dark chocolate that I
shaved into the mix and they turned out pretty edible ;-).

>I'm making Sweet and Sour Tofu from a Linda McCartney cookbook for supper.
>Back to the kitchen.

Mmmmmm....sweet & sour tofu....'drool'

Cheers!
Momzilla

"T5NF" > wrote in message
> Nancy wrote:
> >I took your suggestion and added 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum to my Mom's

Chocolate
> >Chip Cookie recipe. Awesome!

> Isn't it cool how chewy they get? I think guar gum does much the same

thing,
> but I haven't ever used it before.

I'll pass on the Guar Gum, it has a reputation of being not as digestible as
Xanthum Gum.
I need to hold off making cookies for awhile as I need to walk off the last
batch.

-nancy-

T5NF

Nancy wrote:
<snip>
>I'll pass on the Guar Gum, it has a reputation of being not as digestible as
>Xanthum Gum.

Good to know....I'll stick with the xanthum gum as well..don't need anymore
digestion problems ;-).

>I need to hold off making cookies for awhile as I need to walk off the last
>batch.

I'll be gardening all day tomorrow in hopes of knocking off a few ounces
myself...although, the oatmeal/chocolate bars I made last week weren't too
bad...I only used about 4 tablespoons of oil and about the same amount of
chocolate so they weren't as deadly as they could've been ;-).

Enjoy the holiday!