coustanis

Default Juicer

The wife and I got a juicer. Well to be more accurate, it's a vitamix.
Kinda like a high horsepower blender. Chews up whatever you put in it
and removes nothing so you get pureed rind, seeds, the whole bit.
The problem is that we don't know what to do with it. There is of
course, the obvious. Fill it with carrots, pineapple, apples, tomatoes
and the like. What we need are some really cool, tasty ideas for this
thing. Are there any good sites, recipes to post or stuff like that?

TIA.
MrFalafel

coustanis > wrote in message >...
> The wife and I got a juicer. Well to be more accurate, it's a vitamix.
> Kinda like a high horsepower blender. Chews up whatever you put in it
> and removes nothing so you get pureed rind, seeds, the whole bit.
> The problem is that we don't know what to do with it. There is of
> course, the obvious. Fill it with carrots, pineapple, apples, tomatoes
> and the like. What we need are some really cool, tasty ideas for this
> thing. Are there any good sites, recipes to post or stuff like that?
>
> TIA.

I've always been curious about those vitamix things but have never
purchased one. What do you think of it so far?

Here's a few ideas:
http://www.rawtimes.com/r-tatiana.html#vitamix
coustanis

MrFalafel wrote:

> coustanis > wrote in message >...
> > The wife and I got a juicer. Well to be more accurate, it's a vitamix.
> > Kinda like a high horsepower blender. Chews up whatever you put in it
> > and removes nothing so you get pureed rind, seeds, the whole bit.
> > The problem is that we don't know what to do with it. There is of
> > course, the obvious. Fill it with carrots, pineapple, apples, tomatoes
> > and the like. What we need are some really cool, tasty ideas for this
> > thing. Are there any good sites, recipes to post or stuff like that?
> >
> > TIA.

> I've always been curious about those vitamix things but have never
> purchased one. What do you think of it so far?
>
> Here's a few ideas:
> http://www.rawtimes.com/r-tatiana.html#vitamix

I think it's a very nice machine. It's strong and will eat just
about anything that you would want to eat. It'll even heat the
mix just through the action of the blades spinning.

The thing that I like is that it doesn't remove any pulp or
anything. You get all that fiber and nutriments.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
Beach Runner

coustanis wrote:

>MrFalafel wrote:
>

>>coustanis > wrote in message >...
>>

>>>The wife and I got a juicer. Well to be more accurate, it's a vitamix.
>>>Kinda like a high horsepower blender. Chews up whatever you put in it
>>>and removes nothing so you get pureed rind, seeds, the whole bit.
>>>The problem is that we don't know what to do with it. There is of
>>>course, the obvious. Fill it with carrots, pineapple, apples, tomatoes
>>>and the like. What we need are some really cool, tasty ideas for this
>>>thing. Are there any good sites, recipes to post or stuff like that?
>>>
>>>TIA.
>>>

>>I've always been curious about those vitamix things but have never
>>purchased one. What do you think of it so far?
>>
>>Here's a few ideas:
>>http://www.rawtimes.com/r-tatiana.html#vitamix
>>

>I think it's a very nice machine. It's strong and will eat just
>about anything that you would want to eat. It'll even heat the
>mix just through the action of the blades spinning.
>
>The thing that I like is that it doesn't remove any pulp or
>anything. You get all that fiber and nutriments.

A Vitamix is NOT a juicer. It is a blender on steroids. It's a nice
thing but not a juicer.

If you want a juicer get a Champion, Green Star or something like that.

If you want smoothies or the like get a Vitamix.

Bob

>Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Michael Balarama

"coustanis" > wrote in message
> The wife and I got a juicer. Well to be more accurate, it's a vitamix.
> Kinda like a high horsepower blender. Chews up whatever you put in it
> and removes nothing so you get pureed rind, seeds, the whole bit.
> The problem is that we don't know what to do with it. There is of
> course, the obvious. Fill it with carrots, pineapple, apples, tomatoes
> and the like. What we need are some really cool, tasty ideas for this
> thing. Are there any good sites, recipes to post or stuff like that?

yours does allot of things-makes bread dough-my friends would juice with
theirs..
I am a juicer and bought a Mr juiceman with a big hole to put veggies in at
target for $60-been going strong for 9 months...the other one I bought for
$30 went strong for a few years--
your Vitajuicer is a legend--I just wanted a low cost effective juicer with
a big insert hole for veggies.
make about 3 pts of carrot celery etc. per day..
Michael

> TIA.

Best Juicer Under $150 Matt General Cooking 2 03-05-2005 02:33 PM
Best Juicer???????????? zilla235 Vegan 2 26-01-2005 06:51 PM
Best Juicer???????????? usual suspect Vegan 7 26-01-2005 02:19 AM
Best juicer ? DXer Vegan 2 12-12-2004 02:26 PM
Best Juicer MIKE General Cooking 3 11-11-2003 09:19 AM