MrFalafel

Default Slo cooker: Thick Tuscan bean soup

Slo cooker: Thick Tuscan bean soup

Serves 4-6

225g/8oz dried cannellini or borlotti beans, soaked overnight in
plenty of cold water
15ml/1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
1 large onion, cut into small dice
2 carrots, cut into small dice
2 leeks, thinly sliced
2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
8oz/225g can of chopped tomatoes
900ml / 3 3/4 cups vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 courgette (zucchini), cut into very small dice
a handful of baby spinach leaves
30ml / 2 tbsp vegan pesto
4 - 6 thick slices of Italian bread, such as ciabatta

Preheat slo-cooker on High

Drain the beans, put into a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring
to the boil and boil gently for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, carrots,
leeks and celery. Cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently until
just beginning to brown.

Drain the beans and add to the pan with the garlic, tomatoes, stock
and a little seasoning. Bring just to the boil, then transfer to the
slo-cooker and stir gently.

Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or until the vegetables are very
tender, then stir in the courgette and spinach and cook for a further
30 minutes.

Toast the bread until golden brown.

Stir the pesto into the soup, then ladle into bowls.

Top each with hot toasted bread and drizzle with olive oil

Vegetarian Recipes for your Slo Cooker – Annette Yates
Michael Balarama

Thanks Mr F....-I believe this is the proper use of the internet-exchanging
recipes-used to be by hand-but now more people can read it and use it...the
whole group sank into a doldrums without your caring wit.. I am also glad we
can get chords to the rock and roll songs and lyrics-without buying the darn
thing...
Michael

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
om...
> Slo cooker: Thick Tuscan bean soup
>
> Serves 4-6
>
> 225g/8oz dried cannellini or borlotti beans, soaked overnight in
> plenty of cold water
> 15ml/1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
> 1 large onion, cut into small dice
> 2 carrots, cut into small dice
> 2 leeks, thinly sliced
> 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
> 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
> 8oz/225g can of chopped tomatoes
> 900ml / 3 3/4 cups vegetable stock
> salt and freshly ground black pepper
> 1 courgette (zucchini), cut into very small dice
> a handful of baby spinach leaves
> 30ml / 2 tbsp vegan pesto
> 4 - 6 thick slices of Italian bread, such as ciabatta
>
> Preheat slo-cooker on High
>
> Drain the beans, put into a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring
> to the boil and boil gently for 10 minutes.
>
> Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, carrots,
> leeks and celery. Cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently until
> just beginning to brown.
>
> Drain the beans and add to the pan with the garlic, tomatoes, stock
> and a little seasoning. Bring just to the boil, then transfer to the
> slo-cooker and stir gently.
>
> Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or until the vegetables are very
> tender, then stir in the courgette and spinach and cook for a further
> 30 minutes.
>
> Toast the bread until golden brown.
>
> Stir the pesto into the soup, then ladle into bowls.
>
> Top each with hot toasted bread and drizzle with olive oil
>
> Vegetarian Recipes for your Slo Cooker - Annette Yates

usual suspect

Michael Balarama wrote:

> Thanks Mr F....-I believe this is the proper use of the internet-exchanging
> recipes-

As a member of the bar, Michael, do you really think you should encourage such
flagrant and repeated infringement of copyrights? I don't think any of the
companies you've worked for would appreciate their intellectual property and
other abstract assets being passed around without permission or compensation.
Would they?

> used to be by hand-but now more people can read it and use it...

Which makes the infringement even more serious.

Nawww.

> I am also glad we
> can get chords to the rock and roll songs and lyrics-without buying the darn
> thing...

I really think it should be up to the songwriter if his or her efforts are put
into the public domain, not folks who deny the songwriter his or her royalties
(which are paltry enough without all these infringements) without permission.

<...>