MrFalafel

Default Devils Food Chili

Devils Food Chili

2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
2 cans (28 oz) whole tomatoes, diced
1 can (6oz) tomato paste
1 cup dry red wine
1 cup water
4 tbsp American style chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 lb cooked vegetarian sausage, crumbled
3 cups cooked black beans

Heat the oil in large chili pot over medium heat. Add the onion,
garlic, and jalapenos, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, water, chili powder, salt
and cayenne. Bring to a boil, lower the heat an simmer, covered for 15
minutes. Add the vegetarian sausage and black beans and simmer,
uncovered, 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.

Vegetarian Chili Cookbook – Robin Robinson
usual suspect

MrFalafel wrote:

> Devils Food Chili
>
> 2 tbsp olive oil
> 1 large onion, chopped
> 3 garlic cloves, minced
> 4 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
> 2 cans (28 oz) whole tomatoes, diced
> 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
> 1 cup dry red wine
> 1 cup water
> 4 tbsp American style chili powder
> 1 tsp salt
> 1/4 tsp cayenne
> 1 lb cooked vegetarian sausage, crumbled
> 3 cups cooked black beans
>
> Heat the oil in large chili pot over medium heat. Add the onion,
> garlic, and jalapenos, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
> Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, water, chili powder, salt
> and cayenne. Bring to a boil, lower the heat an simmer, covered for 15
> minutes. Add the vegetarian sausage and black beans and simmer,
> uncovered, 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
>
> Vegetarian Chili Cookbook – Robin Robinson

That book is copyrighted (1998) by Robin Robinson. "All rights reserved. No part
of this publication may be transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic
or mechanical... without permission in writing from the author."

Did you receive such permission from Robin Robinson before posting the above
recipe from her book?

Scroll to the copyright notice:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1558...51#reader-page

Rubystars

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
<snip>

That looks good.

-Rubystars

Speaking of Chili, anybody got a Chili con Carne recipe featuring smoked brisket? Chef Juke Barbecue 3 18-08-2006 07:00 PM
Devils on Horseback Duckie ® Recipes 0 11-10-2005 01:18 PM
Uncle Jimmys Ham Devils Recipe Trader Recipes (moderated) 0 24-09-2005 12:37 PM
Looking for "Great" Devils Food Cake Icing Alex Chocolate 3 19-10-2004 02:28 PM
Giving up on devils food cake Cheryl General Cooking 12 16-08-2004 09:09 PM