MrFalafel

Default Five Way Cincinnati Chili

Five Way Cincinnati Chili

2 1/2 lbs textured soy protein granules
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp American style chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp allspice
2 cups tomato sauce (passata)
1 cup water
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp unrefined sugar
1 lb spaghetti
2 cups cooked kidney beans
1 cup grated soy cheddar-style cheese, for garnish
1 cup chopped red onion, for garnish

Rehydrate the soy granules in water according to package directions
and set aside. Heat water in a large pot for the spaghetti.

Heat the oil in a large chili pot over medium heat. Add the onion and
garlic, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chili
powder, cinnamon, paprika, and allspice and stir to coat the onion.
Add the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, and sugar, lower the heat and
simmer 20 minutes. Add the reserved soy granules and simmer 15 minutes
longer or until desired consistency is reached.

Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti until al-dente and drain.
Just prior to serving, heat the kidney beans. Spoon a layer of beans
in the bottom of 4 bowls. Top each with a layer of spaghetti, then a
ladle full of chili, then grated soy-cheese and chopped onion as a
garnish.

Vegetarian Chili Cookbook – Robin Robinson
usual suspect

MrFalafel wrote:

> Five Way Cincinnati Chili
>
> 2 1/2 lbs textured soy protein granules
> 2 tbsp olive oil
> 1 large onion, chopped
> 2 garlic cloves, minced
> 3 tbsp American style chili powder
> 1 tsp cinnamon
> 1 tsp paprika
> 1 tsp allspice
> 2 cups tomato sauce (passata)
> 1 cup water
> 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
> 2 tbsp unrefined sugar
> 1 lb spaghetti
> 2 cups cooked kidney beans
> 1 cup grated soy cheddar-style cheese, for garnish
> 1 cup chopped red onion, for garnish
>
> Rehydrate the soy granules in water according to package directions
> and set aside. Heat water in a large pot for the spaghetti.
>
> Heat the oil in a large chili pot over medium heat. Add the onion and
> garlic, cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chili
> powder, cinnamon, paprika, and allspice and stir to coat the onion.
> Add the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, and sugar, lower the heat and
> simmer 20 minutes. Add the reserved soy granules and simmer 15 minutes
> longer or until desired consistency is reached.
>
> Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti until al-dente and drain.
> Just prior to serving, heat the kidney beans. Spoon a layer of beans
> in the bottom of 4 bowls. Top each with a layer of spaghetti, then a
> ladle full of chili, then grated soy-cheese and chopped onion as a
> garnish.
>
> Vegetarian Chili Cookbook – Robin Robinson

That book is copyrighted (1998) by Robin Robinson. "All rights reserved. No part
of this publication may be transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic
or mechanical... without permission in writing from the author."

Did you receive such permission from Robin Robinson before posting the above
recipe from her book?

Scroll to the copyright notice:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1558...51#reader-page

Shieldmaiden

usual suspect > wrote:

> That book is copyrighted (1998) by Robin Robinson. "All rights reserved.
> No part of this publication may be transmitted in any form or by any
> means, electronic or mechanical... without permission in writing from the
> author."
>
> Did you receive such permission from Robin Robinson before posting the
> above recipe from her book?
>
> Scroll to the copyright notice:
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1558...-4352363-52737
> 51#reader-page

Yes, yes ... we got it the first time you wrote it. No need to repeat it
a billion times.

*plonk*
usual suspect

Shieldmaiden wrote:
>>That book is copyrighted (1998) by Robin Robinson. "All rights reserved.
>>No part of this publication may be transmitted in any form or by any
>>means, electronic or mechanical... without permission in writing from the
>>author."
>>
>>Did you receive such permission from Robin Robinson before posting the
>>above recipe from her book?
>>
>>Scroll to the copyright notice:
>>http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1558...-4352363-52737
>>51#reader-page

> Yes, yes ... we got it the first time you wrote it.

The infringer doesn't get it.

> No need to repeat it a billion times.

Apparently there is if the OP doesn't comprehend what that copyright entitles
the author.

> *plonk*

Plonk yourself.