MrFalafel

Default Garden Vegetable Chili

Garden Vegetable Chili

1 tbsp safflower oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 large carrot, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
2 small zucchini, diced
2 large tomatoes, chopped
2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
2 cups water
6 oz tomato paste (tomato puree)
4 tbsp American style chilli powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano, preferably Mexican
1 tsp unrefined sugar
2 tbsp minced parsley, for garnish

Heat oil in a large chilli pot over medium heat. Add the onion,
carrot, bell pepper, celery, garlic and jalapeno. Cover and cook,
stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 10
minutes. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, corn, water, tomato paste, chilli
powder, salt, oregano and sugar and stir well. Bring to a boil, lower
the heat, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30
minutes, adding more water if necessary. Serve garnished with minced
parsley.

Vegetarian Chili Cookbook – Robin Robinson
usual suspect

MrFalafel wrote:

> Garden Vegetable Chili
>
> 1 tbsp safflower oil
> 1 large onion, chopped
> 1 large carrot, diced
> 1 small red bell pepper, diced
> 1/2 cup chopped celery
> 2 garlic cloves, minced
> 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
> 2 small zucchini, diced
> 2 large tomatoes, chopped
> 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
> 2 cups water
> 6 oz tomato paste (tomato puree)
> 4 tbsp American style chilli powder
> 1 tsp salt
> 1 tsp oregano, preferably Mexican
> 1 tsp unrefined sugar
> 2 tbsp minced parsley, for garnish
>
> Heat oil in a large chilli pot over medium heat. Add the onion,
> carrot, bell pepper, celery, garlic and jalapeno. Cover and cook,
> stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 10
> minutes. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, corn, water, tomato paste, chilli
> powder, salt, oregano and sugar and stir well. Bring to a boil, lower
> the heat, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30
> minutes, adding more water if necessary. Serve garnished with minced
> parsley.
>
> Vegetarian Chili Cookbook – Robin Robinson

That book is copyrighted (1998) by Robin Robinson. "All rights reserved. No part
of this publication may be transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic
or mechanical... without permission in writing from the author."

Did you receive such permission from Robin Robinson before posting the above
recipe from her book?

Scroll to the copyright notice:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1558...51#reader-page