MrFalafel

Default Backyard Barbecue Chili

Backyard Barbecue Chili

1 tbsp safflower oil
2 medium onions, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
3 large tomatoes, diced
2 cups tomato puree (passata)
1 cup bottled spice BBQ sauce
4 tbsp American-style chilli powder
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp unrefined sugar
salt and fresh black pepper to taste
1 package (12oz) veggie mince or ground beef alternative
2 cups cooked kidney beans

Heat the oil in a large chilli pot over a medium heat. Add the onions
and bell pepper, cover and cook until the onion is softened, about 5
minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree, BBQ sauce, chilli powder,
hot sauce, sugar and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, adding water if
mixture is too thick, lower the heat and simmer, covered for about 15
minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the ground beef alternative and
kidney beans and simmer 15 minutes longer.

Vegetarian Chili Cookbook – Robin Robinson
usual suspect

MrFalafel wrote:

> Backyard Barbecue Chili
>
> 1 tbsp safflower oil
> 2 medium onions, diced
> 1 small red bell pepper, diced
> 3 large tomatoes, diced
> 2 cups tomato puree (passata)
> 1 cup bottled spice BBQ sauce
> 4 tbsp American-style chilli powder
> 1 tsp hot sauce
> 1 tsp unrefined sugar
> salt and fresh black pepper to taste
> 1 package (12oz) veggie mince or ground beef alternative
> 2 cups cooked kidney beans
>
> Heat the oil in a large chilli pot over a medium heat. Add the onions
> and bell pepper, cover and cook until the onion is softened, about 5
> minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato puree, BBQ sauce, chilli powder,
> hot sauce, sugar and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, adding water if
> mixture is too thick, lower the heat and simmer, covered for about 15
> minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the ground beef alternative and
> kidney beans and simmer 15 minutes longer.
>
> Vegetarian Chili Cookbook – Robin Robinson

That book is copyrighted (1998) by Robin Robinson. "All rights reserved. No part
of this publication may be transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic
or mechanical... without permission in writing from the author."

Did you receive such permission from Robin Robinson before posting the above
recipe from her book?

Scroll to the copyright notice:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1558...51#reader-page

Backyard pit Paul Zentmyer Barbecue 3 23-06-2008 09:01 PM
Backyard Design DesigningCookie Cooking Equipment 0 25-07-2007 07:46 PM
Backyard Clambake Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-07-2005 10:36 PM
Backyard Brats Beth Layman Recipes (moderated) 0 08-06-2005 04:06 AM
Chili Barbecue Sauce Tim Recipes 1 17-04-2005 08:14 AM