MrFalafel

Default American Style Chili Powder

American Style Chili Powder

2 dried cayenne chiles, stems and seeds removed
4 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp Mexican oregano

Grind together into a fine powder. Store in an airtight container in a
cool, dry place.

Vegetarian Chili Cookbook by Robin Robinson
usual suspect

Serial Copyright Violator wrote:

> American Style Chili Powder
>
> 2 dried cayenne chiles, stems and seeds removed
> 4 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
> 1 tbsp cumin seeds
> 1 tsp Mexican oregano
>
> Grind together into a fine powder. Store in an airtight container in a
> cool, dry place.
>
> Vegetarian Chili Cookbook by Robin Robinson

That book is copyrighted (1998) by Robin Robinson. "All rights reserved. No part
of this publication may be transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic
or mechanical... without permission in writing from the author."

Did you receive such permission from Robin Robinson before posting the above
recipe from her book?

Scroll to the copyright notice:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1558...51#reader-page

Shieldmaiden

usual suspect > (professional copyright watcher)
wrote:

> That book is copyrighted (1998) by Robin Robinson. "All rights reserved.
> No part of this publication may be transmitted in any form or by any
> means, electronic or mechanical... without permission in writing from the
> author."
>
> Did you receive such permission from Robin Robinson before posting the
> above recipe from her book?

Jeez, I hope you always did receive permission before handing your
neighbor a piece of paper with a recipe on it ... it's copying, you
know?
usual suspect

Shieldmaiden (apologist for serial copyright infringers) wrote:

>>That book is copyrighted (1998) by Robin Robinson. "All rights reserved.
>>No part of this publication may be transmitted in any form or by any
>>means, electronic or mechanical... without permission in writing from the
>>author."
>>
>>Did you receive such permission from Robin Robinson before posting the
>>above recipe from her book?

> Jeez, I hope you always did receive permission before handing your
> neighbor a piece of paper with a recipe on it ... it's copying, you
> know?

Fair-use does not include taking copyrighted information and introducing it to
the public domain via newsgroups or other media.

Fair use:
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyrigh...pter9/9-b.html

Public domain issues:
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyrigh...er8/index.html

Use copyrighted materials without permission:
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyrigh...er0/0-b.html#3