VegCurry

Default vegan restaurants in Edinburgh ??

Can anyone suggest good vegan (and preferrably organic) places to eat in
Edinburgh?

Thanks
VegCurry
Plug

"VegCurry" -THIS> wrote
in message ...
> Can anyone suggest good vegan (and preferrably organic) places to eat in
> Edinburgh?

David Bann is a gourmet veggie place with vegan options. St Mary's Street
Tel: 0131 556 5888

Black Bo' is a bar serving gourmet veggie food with vegan choices.
Blackfriars' Street 0131 557 6136

Anna Purna is a well known veggie Indian serving gujerati food - if you live
up to your name this might be your preferred choice! St Patrick's Square
0131 662 1807

You would need to contact the place to ask the organic question. Have not
been lucky enough to visit any myself yet. Hope this helps.

Deb

MrFalafel

"Plug" > wrote in message >...
> "VegCurry" -THIS> wrote
> in message ...
> > Can anyone suggest good vegan (and preferrably organic) places to eat in
> > Edinburgh?

> David Bann is a gourmet veggie place with vegan options. St Mary's Street
> Tel: 0131 556 5888

Excellent food. Very much into using locally sourced organic foods
wherever possible. Very good service. Be sure to book ahead. It's not
cheap but it's not too posh either. My favourite restaurant in
Edinburgh. Check out their menu here http://www.davidbann.com/

> Black Bo' is a bar serving gourmet veggie food with vegan choices.
> Blackfriars' Street 0131 557 6136

This place is heavy on the dairy products. I've looked at the menu a
few times in the past and haven't found anything intriguing enough to
try.

> Anna Purna is a well known veggie Indian serving gujerati food - if you live
> up to your name this might be your preferred choice! St Patrick's Square
> 0131 662 1807

I liked Anna Purna but the portions are a bit small for the money.
There's another veggie indian place across the square from Anna Purna
called 'Kalpna' Kalpna 2-3 St. Patrick Square 0131-667-9890 which is
better than Anna Purna, IMHO.

> You would need to contact the place to ask the organic question. Have not
> been lucky enough to visit any myself yet. Hope this helps.
>
> Deb

Steve

MrFalafel wrote:

Hey Mr. Falafel nice to see you back.