Sarah Carter

Default Sarah's Student Survival Recipe.

I survived university on this recipe changing is depending on what was
cheap from the market, and what I had left over in the fridge.

Essential ingredients
-------------------------------
1 tin tomatoes, chopped
1 onion
Basil
Oregano
Garlic
Oil
Vegetable stock
Water

Extras depending on what you have
Mushrooms
Celery
Peas
Sweetcorn
Courgettes
Aubergine
Peppers
Carrots
Shallots
Leeks
Tinned beans. (cannelini, chick peas, kidney beans etc)
Lentils
TVP
Parmazano

Fry the onion, basil, garlic, and oregano in a little oil
Add anything from the vegetable list and cook it all until soft.
Add TVP if you have any.
Add the tin of chopped tomatoes.
Add a water to cover (remember how much you used)
Add the amount of stock relevant to the amount of water added.
Add a tin of beans from the extras list if you have one.
Cook until all the flavours are combined.

Use as a bolognaise sauce, or as a risotto base by adding rice when you
have fried the vegetables.

I used to make a batch of this when I had some money, and freeze it for
when I had none.

Sarah

Rubystars

"Sarah Carter" > wrote in message
<snip>

Thanks for the recipe! It sounds pretty good.

-Rubystars