Vegan (alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Auntie Nettles
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet ( Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)

Hello, k00kologists -- may I direct your attention to the following
crossposted newsgroups, where you will see for yourselves a rather sad
state of affairs. :-( ...To wit, a Usenet self-mutilation of sorts:
k00ky posters inventing sockpuppet personas so they can beat
themselves up with their other sockpuppet personas. Among other
things.

I think you may find some fresh meat here -- (pun intended, hee hee
hee...) Google Jonathan OR Jon Ball for starters...

ipse dixit [email protected] wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:24:59 -0400, "farrell77" wrote:
"ipse dixit" [email protected] wrote in message ...

Benfez has recently reappeared, or so it seems, but
denies making certain quotes concerning Salt's
essay, Logic of the larder. His quotes tell us he
lied;


[...snip...]

It's Jonathan Ball posing as an old poster here, or
Benfez always was Jonathan to begin with.


I thought it was jb right from the first couple posts. There
are too many stylistic similarities and use of pet phrases. If
Benfez is jb, then he's been much better behaved and this
incarnation is a welcome improvement.


I noted that both make the same claim in that they
independently arrived at Salt's conclusion before
reading his essay.

"I accept his analysis, and in fact independently arrive
at it before I had even read Salt's essay."
Benfez 2004-04-29

"I'd like to point out that I articulated the thought entirely
independently, before I had ever heard of Salt or anyone
else who says the same thing"
Jonathan Ball 2004-01-10

"I arrived at the same conclusion independently, without
ever having heard of Salt."
Jonathan Ball 2004-02-20

But why would Jon invent someone just to knock this bogus
person out of the ring later by stating things like?

"I think any reference to the stupid argument should
have "****wit" and "David Harrison" in it. ****WIT
is the only idiot who believes it. Benfez thought he
believed it for a while, and that crippled shitworm
Dreck was cackling with glee over it, but the guy
abandoned it when the illogic of it was explained to
him. ****WIT is all alone, again."
Jonathan Ball 2004-02-02

That's just so sad.


  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-05-2004, 12:57 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet ( Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)

On 5 May 2004 23:32:39 -0700, (Auntie Nettles) wrote:

Hello, k00kologists -- may I direct your attention to the following
crossposted newsgroups, where you will see for yourselves a rather sad
state of affairs. :-( ...To wit, a Usenet self-mutilation of sorts:
k00ky posters inventing sockpuppet personas so they can beat
themselves up with their other sockpuppet personas. Among other
things.

I think you may find some fresh meat here -- (pun intended, hee hee
hee...) Google Jonathan OR Jon Ball for starters...

ipse dixit [email protected] wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:24:59 -0400, "farrell77" wrote:
"ipse dixit" [email protected] wrote in message ...

Benfez has recently reappeared, or so it seems, but
denies making certain quotes concerning Salt's
essay, Logic of the larder. His quotes tell us he
lied;

[...snip...]

It's Jonathan Ball posing as an old poster here, or
Benfez always was Jonathan to begin with.

I thought it was jb right from the first couple posts. There
are too many stylistic similarities and use of pet phrases. If
Benfez is jb, then he's been much better behaved and this
incarnation is a welcome improvement.


I noted that both make the same claim in that they
independently arrived at Salt's conclusion before
reading his essay.

"I accept his analysis, and in fact independently arrive
at it before I had even read Salt's essay."
Benfez 2004-04-29

"I'd like to point out that I articulated the thought entirely
independently, before I had ever heard of Salt or anyone
else who says the same thing"
Jonathan Ball 2004-01-10

"I arrived at the same conclusion independently, without
ever having heard of Salt."
Jonathan Ball 2004-02-20

But why would Jon invent someone just to knock this bogus
person out of the ring later by stating things like?

"I think any reference to the stupid argument should
have "****wit" and "David Harrison" in it. ****WIT
is the only idiot who believes it. Benfez thought he
believed it for a while, and that crippled shitworm
Dreck was cackling with glee over it, but the guy
abandoned it when the illogic of it was explained to
him. ****WIT is all alone, again."
Jonathan Ball 2004-02-02

That's just so sad.


The Gonad, or Jonathan Ball, or Benfez, or any of probably
more than a dozen other characters, is being played by the
most dishonest of "ARAs". He has several tasks to work on,
one of which is to portray himself (very poorly) as an "AR"
opponent in order to make "AR" opponents appear to be
dishonest, childish, stupid, and completely inconsiderate of
humans and other animals. One of his main tasks is to prevent
people from appreciating the fact that raising animals for food
provides them with life..."ARAs" have for too long enjoyed
promoting the idea that the animals are simply "killed", and that's
the way they want it to remain.
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 06-05-2004, 01:22 PM
ipse dixit
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet ( Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)

On 5 May 2004 23:32:39 -0700, (Auntie Nettles) wrote:

Hello, k00kologists -- may I direct your attention to the following
crossposted newsgroups, where you will see for yourselves a rather sad
state of affairs. :-( ...To wit, a Usenet self-mutilation of sorts:
k00ky posters inventing sockpuppet personas so they can beat
themselves up with their other sockpuppet personas. Among other
things.


Apart from his laughable attempts to invent sock
puppets, only to beat up on them and then claim a
hollow victory, Jonathan often changes his name
in an effort to hide his thoughts and behaviour from
his very young son who might one day look through
Google archives when he grows up. When warned
that his son will one day get to know his true father,
he responded, yet again under a different name;
;

"Predictions:

1. There will be no Google as we know it.
2. I will have gone through a few dozen e-mail
addresses by then. There are other people
with my name who post to usenet.
3. It will never occur to him to look to see if I
ever posted to Usenet. He won't care."
Jonathan Ball
http://tinyurl.com/3ecox

It's clear that he wants to conceal his true self from
his own son, yet over the years he has hypocritically
attacked Karen Winter for concealing her true self
from her son, and claims that he is morally obligated
to convey her posts to him, thereby revealing her true
character;

"This much is clear: you are terribly afraid of your
son's reaction if he sees your words. It is YOUR
words you don't want your son to see, not anything
I might say about them."
Jonathan Ball http://tinyurl.com/36h6l

"You are withholding important information from
your son. That is immoral. It is not immoral for
me to convey what I know to your son."
Jonathan Ball http://tinyurl.com/2ygbn

Jonathan is one screwed up little hypocrite who
1) can't defeat real opponents
2) uses his opponent's identities to forge damaging
posts to undermine them
3) uses multiple names and email addresses to hide
his true self from his son while attacking others
who try to conceal their posts from their son.

He's completely and utterly unethical.

I think you may find some fresh meat here -- (pun intended, hee hee
hee...) Google Jonathan OR Jon Ball for starters...

ipse dixit [email protected] wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:24:59 -0400, "farrell77" wrote:
"ipse dixit" [email protected] wrote in message ...

Benfez has recently reappeared, or so it seems, but
denies making certain quotes concerning Salt's
essay, Logic of the larder. His quotes tell us he
lied;

[...snip...]

It's Jonathan Ball posing as an old poster here, or
Benfez always was Jonathan to begin with.

I thought it was jb right from the first couple posts. There
are too many stylistic similarities and use of pet phrases. If
Benfez is jb, then he's been much better behaved and this
incarnation is a welcome improvement.


I noted that both make the same claim in that they
independently arrived at Salt's conclusion before
reading his essay.

"I accept his analysis, and in fact independently arrive
at it before I had even read Salt's essay."
Benfez 2004-04-29

"I'd like to point out that I articulated the thought entirely
independently, before I had ever heard of Salt or anyone
else who says the same thing"
Jonathan Ball 2004-01-10

"I arrived at the same conclusion independently, without
ever having heard of Salt."
Jonathan Ball 2004-02-20

But why would Jon invent someone just to knock this bogus
person out of the ring later by stating things like?

"I think any reference to the stupid argument should
have "****wit" and "David Harrison" in it. ****WIT
is the only idiot who believes it. Benfez thought he
believed it for a while, and that crippled shitworm
Dreck was cackling with glee over it, but the guy
abandoned it when the illogic of it was explained to
him. ****WIT is all alone, again."
Jonathan Ball 2004-02-02

That's just so sad.


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-05-2004, 04:56 PM
[email protected]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet ( Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)

On Thu, 06 May 2004 13:22:28 +0100, ipse dixit wrote:

On 5 May 2004 23:32:39 -0700, (Auntie Nettles) wrote:

Hello, k00kologists -- may I direct your attention to the following
crossposted newsgroups, where you will see for yourselves a rather sad
state of affairs. :-( ...To wit, a Usenet self-mutilation of sorts:
k00ky posters inventing sockpuppet personas so they can beat
themselves up with their other sockpuppet personas. Among other
things.


Apart from his laughable attempts to invent sock
puppets, only to beat up on them and then claim a
hollow victory, Jonathan often changes his name
in an effort to hide his thoughts and behaviour from
his very young son who might one day look through
Google archives when he grows up. When warned
that his son will one day get to know his true father,
he responded, yet again under a different name;
;

"Predictions:

1. There will be no Google as we know it.
2. I will have gone through a few dozen e-mail
addresses by then. There are other people
with my name who post to usenet.
3. It will never occur to him to look to see if I
ever posted to Usenet. He won't care."
Jonathan Ball
http://tinyurl.com/3ecox

It's clear that he wants to conceal his true self from
his own son,


That's interesting. So the Gonad is ashamed--not
proud--of his childish, dishonest, inconsiderate, stupid
self. Hmmm....I had thought he was proud of it because
his father was that way before him, and taught him to
be that way as he will teach his own son to be that way.
Actually, I still believe that's the way it is, and the Gonad
is lying as always when he pretends not to be proud of
his disgusting behavior....in fact I believe there is some
chance he gets paid something by "ARAs" for the
characters that he plays.

yet over the years he has hypocritically
attacked Karen Winter for concealing her true self
from her son, and claims that he is morally obligated
to convey her posts to him, thereby revealing her true
character;

"This much is clear: you are terribly afraid of your
son's reaction if he sees your words. It is YOUR
words you don't want your son to see, not anything
I might say about them."
Jonathan Ball http://tinyurl.com/36h6l

"You are withholding important information from
your son. That is immoral. It is not immoral for
me to convey what I know to your son."
Jonathan Ball http://tinyurl.com/2ygbn

Jonathan is one screwed up little hypocrite who
1) can't defeat real opponents
2) uses his opponent's identities to forge damaging
posts to undermine them
3) uses multiple names and email addresses to hide
his true self from his son while attacking others
who try to conceal their posts from their son.

He's completely and utterly unethical.


We certainly agree on that completely. Humorous
in a pathetic sort of way that the most unethical scum
in the ngs, feels that he is a great authority on ethical
behavior and people should respect that authority. LOL!
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Laurie
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet ( Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)


wrote in message
...
He's [noBalls] completely and utterly unethical.


We certainly agree on that completely. Humorous
in a pathetic sort of way that the most unethical scum
in the ngs, feels that he is a great authority on ethical
behavior and people should respect that authority. LOL!

Similarly, dh_ld claims great authority on the metaphysical/spiritual
aspects of domestic animals' well-being and "experience" to make nonsensical
claims about the "benefits" of domestic animals being abused by farming
techniques while expecting people should respect his propaganda, even though
he can provide NO support for his claims when challenged!

Laurie




  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-05-2004, 12:27 PM
[email protected]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet ( Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)

On Sun, 9 May 2004 13:19:08 -0400, "Laurie" wrote:


wrote in message
.. .
He's [noBalls] completely and utterly unethical.


We certainly agree on that completely. Humorous
in a pathetic sort of way that the most unethical scum
in the ngs, feels that he is a great authority on ethical
behavior and people should respect that authority. LOL!

Similarly, dh_ld claims great authority on the metaphysical/spiritual
aspects of domestic animals' well-being and "experience" to make nonsensical
claims about the "benefits" of domestic animals being abused by farming
techniques while expecting people should respect his propaganda, even though
he can provide NO support for his claims when challenged!

Laurie


Explain why a breeder cow living in open pasture, doesn't
benefit more than a battery hen.

  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Laurie
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet ( Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)


wrote in message
...

Similarly, dh_ld claims great authority on the metaphysical/spiritual
aspects of domestic animals' well-being and "experience" to make

nonsensical
claims about the "benefits" of domestic animals being abused by farming
techniques while expecting people should respect his propaganda, even

though
he can provide NO support for his claims when challenged!

Laurie


Explain why a breeder cow living in open pasture, doesn't
benefit more than a battery hen.

Explain just how you measure, in an objective sense, any "benefit" that
you claim.

Laurie


  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-05-2004, 07:46 PM
[email protected]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet ( Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)

On Sat, 22 May 2004 12:44:18 -0400, "Laurie" wrote:


wrote in message
.. .

Similarly, dh_ld claims great authority on the metaphysical/spiritual
aspects of domestic animals' well-being and "experience" to make

nonsensical
claims about the "benefits" of domestic animals being abused by farming
techniques while expecting people should respect his propaganda, even

though
he can provide NO support for his claims when challenged!

Laurie


Explain why a breeder cow living in open pasture, doesn't
benefit more than a battery hen.

Explain just how you measure, in an objective sense, any "benefit" that
you claim.

Laurie


Some benefits the cow's environment has over that of the hen:

1. fresh air
2. freedom of greater body motion
3. freedom to wander and change location
4. experience of raising young
5. greater visual experiences
6. longer life
7. opportunity to enjoy satisfaction of more desires

Can you think of any more? No, you can't. In fact, your job now
will be to show why those benefits are not benefits.
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-03-2012, 05:28 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Jonathan Ball, nomination for Order of the Holey Sockpuppet (Is Benfez Jonathan Ball?)

On 5/22/2004 11:46 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 22 May 2004 12:44:18 -0400, wrote:


wrote in message
...

Similarly, dh_ld claims great authority on the metaphysical/spiritual
aspects of domestic animals' well-being and "experience" to make

nonsensical
claims about the "benefits" of domestic animals being abused by farming
techniques while expecting people should respect his propaganda, even

though
he can provide NO support for his claims when challenged!

Laurie

Explain why a breeder cow living in open pasture, doesn't
benefit more than a battery hen.

Explain just how you measure, in an objective sense, any "benefit" that
you claim.

Laurie


Some benefits the cow's environment has over that of the hen:

1. fresh air
2. freedom of greater body motion
3. freedom to wander and change location
4. experience of raising young


Ha ha ha ha ha! Bossy the cow doesn't look back as she's about to be
slaughtered and think, "Well, at least I got to give birth to some
calves, so life wasn't so bad."

You stupid ****, ****wit.


5. greater visual experiences
6. longer life
7. opportunity to enjoy satisfaction of more desires


yawn None of those matter if the cow never exists in the first place.



Can you think of any more? No, you can't. In fact, your job now
will be to show why those benefits are not benefits.


"getting to experience life" is not a benefit at all.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jonathan Ross Marty[_3_] General Cooking 17 12-04-2009 11:18 PM
Exposing Jonathan Ball & Dutch as "ARAs" [email protected] Vegan 62 17-07-2004 03:22 AM
exposing Jonathan Ball & Dutch as "ARAs" [email protected] Vegan 9 14-06-2004 08:54 PM
No need for farmed animals. (more logic of the larder) Attn. Jonathan Ball ipse dixit Vegan 6 10-01-2004 08:17 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017