SandPuppy

Default Tofu Ice Cream Question...

Hi!

Spousie made tofu ice cream recently with a recipe she got from
manufacturer. I noticed that tofu has a chalky taste and was wondering
if anyone has any tips or tricks to minimize/neutralize that chalky
taste.

TIA,

SandPuppy

Rubystars

"SandPuppy" > wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Spousie made tofu ice cream recently with a recipe she got from
> manufacturer. I noticed that tofu has a chalky taste and was wondering
> if anyone has any tips or tricks to minimize/neutralize that chalky
> taste.
>
> TIA,
>
> SandPuppy

Buy Mori Nu Tofu in the sealed packages. They should be in the grocery store
produce section. I've eaten many packages of that and I've never noticed any
unpleasant tastes from it.

-Rubystars

John Manning

In article >, SandPuppy
> wrote:

> Spousie made tofu ice cream recently with a recipe she got from
> manufacturer

This is a *really* good "ice cream" recipe from Bryanna Clark Grogan.
Doesn't use tofu.

http://electronworks.com/recipes/Veg...Ice_Cream.html

--
-John
http://electronworks.com/recipes/
katie

"John Manning" > wrote in message
news:190420041546309206%jgmanning@mindsEXCESSpring .com...
> In article >, SandPuppy
> > wrote:
>
> > Spousie made tofu ice cream recently with a recipe she got from
> > manufacturer

> This is a *really* good "ice cream" recipe from Bryanna Clark Grogan.
> Doesn't use tofu.

i agree. tofu's texture changes when you freeze it. it's good, in a way,
for getting a different texture for certain recipes, but bad for stuff like
this, or for freezing portions of casserole when you don't want its tofu to
go strange on you.

usual suspect

SandPuppy wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Spousie made tofu ice cream recently with a recipe she got from
> manufacturer. I noticed that tofu has a chalky taste and was wondering
> if anyone has any tips or tricks to minimize/neutralize that chalky
> taste.

Tofu is going to have that aftertaste regardless of what you do to it. The only
way to minimize it is to add more sweetener and maybe a bit of an emulsifier
(like lecithin).

Curried Tofu Apple Soup (Tofu) workingonit Recipes (moderated) 0 07-01-2010 03:05 AM
Sour Cream / Tofu Zucchini Bread PastaPatty General Cooking 1 23-08-2005 08:36 PM
Tofu question C. James Strutz Vegan 5 18-09-2004 07:43 AM
Ice Cream Question??? SPOONS General Cooking 25 23-06-2004 12:31 PM
Tofu Ice ream Question... SandPuppy Vegetarian cooking 0 20-04-2004 09:46 AM