Michael Balarama

Default carrot juice

My wife was ill and I made her a glass of carrot juice everyday-I made
myself 2 pints-it has been 6 months now- I feel great-
I mix a little celery with the carrots...
what are the benefits-I looked it up and it said my eyes should be better
from al that better carotene..
I juiced along time ago for about a year but had a indigestion problem that
cleared up.. am 90 % vegan-

thanks

Rubystars

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
> My wife was ill and I made her a glass of carrot juice everyday-I made
> myself 2 pints-it has been 6 months now- I feel great-
> I mix a little celery with the carrots...
> what are the benefits-I looked it up and it said my eyes should be better
> from al that better carotene..
> I juiced along time ago for about a year but had a indigestion problem

that
> cleared up.. am 90 % vegan-
>
> thanks

Carrot juice tastes good but be careful because it has a lot of sugar.
That's one reason it tastes so good.

-Rubystars

usual suspect

Rubystars wrote:
<...>
> Carrot juice tastes good but be careful because it has a lot of sugar.
> That's one reason it tastes so good.

The benefits far outweigh the risks. Americans aren't overweight because they
eat too many carrots or drink too much juice.

usual suspect

Michael Balarama wrote:
> My wife was ill and I made her a glass of carrot juice everyday-I made
> myself 2 pints-it has been 6 months now- I feel great-
> I mix a little celery with the carrots...
> what are the benefits-

In terms of vitamins and minerals, everything that carrots have. Lots of beta
carotene, high in potassium, folacin (B9), ascorbic acid (vitamin C). You lose
the fiber of the carrots when juicing, though.

One cool thing about carrot juice: your shirt can look like an old Astros jersey
if you spill it the right way.

<...>

katie

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
> My wife was ill and I made her a glass of carrot juice everyday-I made
> myself 2 pints-it has been 6 months now- I feel great-
> I mix a little celery with the carrots...
> what are the benefits-I looked it up and it said my eyes should be better
> from al that better carotene..
> I juiced along time ago for about a year but had a indigestion problem

that
> cleared up.. am 90 % vegan-
>
> thanks

be careful not to drink too much of that super healthy stuff! my dad was a
carrot juice lover, juiced it fresh and drank it every day, and he managed
to turn himself orange twice. probably not such a good thing for you, but
it sure looked funny ()

Michael Balarama

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Michael Balarama wrote:
> > My wife was ill and I made her a glass of carrot juice everyday-I made
> > myself 2 pints-it has been 6 months now- I feel great-
> > I mix a little celery with the carrots...
> > what are the benefits-

> In terms of vitamins and minerals, everything that carrots have. Lots of

beta
> carotene, high in potassium, folacin (B9), ascorbic acid (vitamin C). You

lose
> the fiber of the carrots when juicing, though.

Thanks- I love the stuff-I am addicted..
Michael
> One cool thing about carrot juice: your shirt can look like an old Astros

jersey
> if you spill it the right way.
>
> <...>

Rubystars

"katie" > wrote in message
. rogers.com...

> "Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
> > My wife was ill and I made her a glass of carrot juice everyday-I made
> > myself 2 pints-it has been 6 months now- I feel great-
> > I mix a little celery with the carrots...
> > what are the benefits-I looked it up and it said my eyes should be

better
> > from al that better carotene..
> > I juiced along time ago for about a year but had a indigestion problem

> that
> > cleared up.. am 90 % vegan-
> >
> > thanks
> >

> be careful not to drink too much of that super healthy stuff! my dad was

> carrot juice lover, juiced it fresh and drank it every day, and he managed
> to turn himself orange twice. probably not such a good thing for you, but
> it sure looked funny ()

If all vegans did that, no one would have any trouble finding a vegan date.
They could pick each other out of the crowd. *L*

-Rubystars

Michael Balarama

"Rubystars" > wrote in message

> "katie" > wrote in message
> . rogers.com...
> >
> > "Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
> > > My wife was ill and I made her a glass of carrot juice everyday-I made
> > > myself 2 pints-it has been 6 months now- I feel great-
> > > I mix a little celery with the carrots...
> > > what are the benefits-I looked it up and it said my eyes should be

> better
> > > from al that better carotene..
> > > I juiced along time ago for about a year but had a indigestion problem

> > that
> > > cleared up.. am 90 % vegan-
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >

> > be careful not to drink too much of that super healthy stuff! my dad

was
> > carrot juice lover, juiced it fresh and drank it every day, and he

managed
> > to turn himself orange twice. probably not such a good thing for you,

but
> > it sure looked funny ()

> If all vegans did that, no one would have any trouble finding a vegan

date.
> They could pick each other out of the crowd. *L*

back in the ole wild LA hippie days would drink so much carrot
juice --fingers would turn orange-never any harmful effect..would cut back a
little and it woudl go away...

> -Rubystars

ShantiP1

I love fresh carrot juice. I also put celery in the juicer as well as a chunk
of apple, a segment of grapefruit and a small chunk of cucumber. That's usually
either my first or second drink of the day. The other is my soy protein drink
made with half a banana and some mango peach juice. :-)

Namaste!
June
Who also wound up with orange palms after a 21 day carrot juice fast; but it
cleared up as soon as I went back on my normal diet. But that fast really
cleared out my system. The whites of my eyes were like a new born baby's after
that fast!
John Coleman

carrot juice is about 4.6% sugar, not much at all really

katie

"Rubystars" > wrote in message

> "katie" > wrote in message
> . rogers.com...
> >
> > "Michael Balarama" > wrote in message
> > > My wife was ill and I made her a glass of carrot juice everyday-I made
> > > myself 2 pints-it has been 6 months now- I feel great-
> > > I mix a little celery with the carrots...
> > > what are the benefits-I looked it up and it said my eyes should be

> better
> > > from al that better carotene..
> > > I juiced along time ago for about a year but had a indigestion problem

> > that
> > > cleared up.. am 90 % vegan-
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >

> > be careful not to drink too much of that super healthy stuff! my dad

was
> > carrot juice lover, juiced it fresh and drank it every day, and he

managed
> > to turn himself orange twice. probably not such a good thing for you,

but
> > it sure looked funny ()

> If all vegans did that, no one would have any trouble finding a vegan

date.
> They could pick each other out of the crowd. *L*

() ha!