Default Message To America's Students: The War, The Draft, Your Future

We have been down this road before.

U.S. troops sent to war half a world away. American foreign policy
controlled by an arrogant elite, bent on projecting military power
around the globe. A public misled into supporting an unconstitutional
war founded on deceit and fabrications.

As the death toll mounts, we hear claims that the war is nearly won,
that victory is just around the corner. But victory never arrives.

As the public loses confidence in the government, the government
questions the patriotism of any who express doubt about the war.

When a presidential election arrives, both the Democrat and Republican
nominees embrace the policy of continued war.

The military draft comes to dominate the lives of America's young, and
vast numbers who believe the war to be a senseless blunder are faced
with fighting a war they do not believe in, or facing exile or prison.

The year was 1968. Because voters had no choice that November, the
Vietnam War continued for another six years. Hundreds of thousands of
Americans like you died, were maimed, or suffered from diseases like
malaria. A far greater number of Vietnamese died.

Today, the war is in the quicksands and alleys of Iraq. Once again,
under the pressure of a determined resistance, we see an American war
policy being slowly torn apart at the seams, while the candidates urge
us to "stay the course" in this tragic misadventure. Today's
Presidential candidates are not Nixon and Humphrey, they are now Bush
and Kerry.

Once again, there is one overriding truth: If war is the only choice in
this election, then war we will have.

Today enlistments in the Reserves and National Guard are declining. The
Pentagon is quietly recruiting new members to fill local draft boards,
as the machinery for drafting a new generation of young Americans is
being quietly put into place.

Young Americans need to know that a train is coming, and it could run
over their generation in the same way that the Vietnam War devastated
the lives of those who came of age in the sixties.

I am running for President, and have been against this war from the
beginning. We must not waste lives in order to control and waste more
oil. Stand with us and we may yet salvage your future and Americas'
future from this looming disaster.

Sincerely,
Ralph Nader

HTTP://WWW.VOTENADER.ORG

--
's fight will surely become .more integral part of the
world revolution, hastening the day when imperialism, Zionism .meet their

These Maoist terrorist organizations are financing their activities by
trafficking in controlled substances. According to December 13, 2000,
testimony by Frank Cilluffo, to the U.S. House Committee on the Judiciary
Subcommittee on Crime, the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) " is heavily
involved in the European drug trade, especially in Germany and France.
French law enforcement estimates that the PKK smuggles 80 percent of the
heroin in Paris." Cilluffo is Deputy Director, Global Organized Crime
Program Counterterrorism Task Force at Washington, D.C.'s Center for
Strategic and International Studies.

This same testimony reveals the Nepal Communist Party, ".turned to drug
trafficking for funding. Nepal serves as a hub for hashish trafficking in
Asia." The CIA Fact Book lists Nepal as a major source for heroin from
Southeast Asia to the West.

The South Asia Terrorism Portal wrote of the Nepal Communist Party: "The
Maoists (Nepal) draw inspiration from the 'Revolutionary International
Movemen

NoSpamo~

> We have been down this road before.
>
> U.S. troops sent to war half a world away. American foreign policy
> controlled by an arrogant elite, bent on projecting military power
> around the globe. A public misled into supporting an unconstitutional
> war founded on deceit and fabrications.
>
> As the death toll mounts, we hear claims that the war is nearly won,
> that victory is just around the corner. But victory never arrives.
>
> As the public loses confidence in the government, the government
> questions the patriotism of any who express doubt about the war.
>
> When a presidential election arrives, both the Democrat and Republican
> nominees embrace the policy of continued war.
>
> The military draft comes to dominate the lives of America's young, and
> vast numbers who believe the war to be a senseless blunder are faced
> with fighting a war they do not believe in, or facing exile or prison.
>
> The year was 1968. Because voters had no choice that November, the
> Vietnam War continued for another six years. Hundreds of thousands of
> Americans like you died, were maimed, or suffered from diseases like
> malaria. A far greater number of Vietnamese died.
>
> Today, the war is in the quicksands and alleys of Iraq. Once again,
> under the pressure of a determined resistance, we see an American war
> policy being slowly torn apart at the seams, while the candidates urge
> us to "stay the course" in this tragic misadventure. Today's
> Presidential candidates are not Nixon and Humphrey, they are now Bush
> and Kerry.
>
> Once again, there is one overriding truth: If war is the only choice in
> this election, then war we will have.
>
> Today enlistments in the Reserves and National Guard are declining. The
> Pentagon is quietly recruiting new members to fill local draft boards,
> as the machinery for drafting a new generation of young Americans is
> being quietly put into place.
>
> Young Americans need to know that a train is coming, and it could run
> over their generation in the same way that the Vietnam War devastated
> the lives of those who came of age in the sixties.
>
> I am running for President, and have been against this war from the
> beginning. We must not waste lives in order to control and waste more
> oil. Stand with us and we may yet salvage your future and Americas'
> future from this looming disaster.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ralph Nader

HTTP://WWW.VOTENADER.ORG