Rubystars

Default zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"William Hershman" > wrote in message
news:VKFdc.111185$JO3.78846@attbi_s04...
> Where is everyone?

I think a lot of them got run off by the trolls.

> Well, I guess I'll break the ice.
> Tonight I have a great snack planned. Whole wheat tortillas with

sprouts,
> guacamole, cucumbers, spinach, and tomatoes.
> Spread the crap out, roll em up, wash em down with some ice water.
> Spring is here, and it's time to post some spring-time recipes.
> Take care,
> Bill H

Add about 7 or so frozen strawberries, 1/2-3/4 cup frozen blueberries, one
frozen sliced banana, and a little milk (or soy milk) into a blender and
whir.

Mmmm, purple heaven.

Great for 4th of July stuff if you're in the U.S. Red, Blue, and off-white.

-Rubystars

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 02:42:44 GMT, "Rubystars" > wrote:

>"William Hershman" > wrote in message
>> Where is everyone?

>I think a lot of them got run off by the trolls.
>
>> Well, I guess I'll break the ice.
>> Tonight I have a great snack planned. Whole wheat tortillas with

>sprouts,
>> guacamole, cucumbers, spinach, and tomatoes.
>> Spread the crap out, roll em up, wash em down with some ice water.
>> Spring is here, and it's time to post some spring-time recipes.
>> Take care,
>> Bill H

>Add about 7 or so frozen strawberries, 1/2-3/4 cup frozen blueberries, one
>frozen sliced banana, and a little milk (or soy milk)

· From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. That would
be 750 meals if each included 3/4 pound of meat. From a grass
raised dairy cow people get thousands of dairy servings. Due to
the influence of farm machinery, and *icides, and in the case
of rice the flooding and draining of fields, one meal of soy or
rice based product is likely to involve more animal deaths than
hundreds of meals derived from grass raised cattle. Grass raised
cattle products contribute to less wildlife deaths, better wildlife
habitat, and better lives for cattle than soy or rice products. ·

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:48:21 GMT, "William Hershman" > wrote:

>Where is everyone?
>
>Well, I guess I'll break the ice.
>Tonight I have a great snack planned. Whole wheat tortillas with sprouts,
>guacamole, cucumbers, spinach, and tomatoes.
>Spread the crap out, roll em up, wash em down with some ice water.
>Spring is here, and it's time to post some spring-time recipes.
>Take care,
>Bill H

Half a chicken broiled with celery salt, 2-3 potatoes in a micro-wave,
raw broccoli with Ranch dressing.
usual suspect

Davey wrote:

>>Where is everyone?
>>
>>Well, I guess I'll break the ice.
>>Tonight I have a great snack planned. Whole wheat tortillas with sprouts,
>>guacamole, cucumbers, spinach, and tomatoes.
>>Spread the crap out, roll em up, wash em down with some ice water.
>>Spring is here, and it's time to post some spring-time recipes.
>>Take care,
>>Bill H

> Half a chicken broiled with celery salt, 2-3 potatoes in a micro-wave,
> raw broccoli with Ranch dressing.

You eat a whole half chicken? Is this per meal or per day?

usual suspect

William Hershman wrote:

> Where is everyone?

Holiday weekend, plus there's the usual attrition due to warmer weather.

> Well, I guess I'll break the ice.
> Tonight I have a great snack planned. Whole wheat tortillas with sprouts,
> guacamole, cucumbers, spinach, and tomatoes.
> Spread the crap out, roll em up, wash em down with some ice water.

Sounds good. They're also good like that with a bit of refried beans (pintos,
black, or small reds) or hummus.

<...>

Ron

"William Hershman" > wrote in message news:<VKFdc.111185$JO3.78846@attbi_s04>...
> Where is everyone?
>
> Well, I guess I'll break the ice.
> Tonight I have a great snack planned. Whole wheat tortillas with sprouts,
> guacamole, cucumbers, spinach, and tomatoes.
> Spread the crap out, roll em up, wash em down with some ice water.
> Spring is here, and it's time to post some spring-time recipes.
> Take care,
> Bill H

Sounds yummy.

Make a fruit jell sometime.

Use 8 oz applejuice brought to a simmer. Do not bring to a boil.

Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of agar-agar powder.

In 2 desert dishes sprinkle raisins, and a few raspberries or cut
strawberries.

Pour the applejuice over the berries and let stand until most of the
heat is out and then refrigerate.

You may have to experiment a bit to get the agar-agar applejuice ratio
right.
Rubystars

wrote:

> >"William Hershman" > wrote in message
> >> Where is everyone?

> >I think a lot of them got run off by the trolls.
> >
> >> Well, I guess I'll break the ice.
> >> Tonight I have a great snack planned. Whole wheat tortillas with

> >sprouts,
> >> guacamole, cucumbers, spinach, and tomatoes.
> >> Spread the crap out, roll em up, wash em down with some ice water.
> >> Spring is here, and it's time to post some spring-time recipes.
> >> Take care,
> >> Bill H

> >Add about 7 or so frozen strawberries, 1/2-3/4 cup frozen blueberries,

one
> >frozen sliced banana, and a little milk (or soy milk)

> · From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
> steer and whatever he happens to kill during his life, people
> get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. That would
> be 750 meals if each included 3/4 pound of meat. From a grass
> raised dairy cow people get thousands of dairy servings. Due to
> the influence of farm machinery, and *icides, and in the case
> of rice the flooding and draining of fields, one meal of soy or
> rice based product is likely to involve more animal deaths than
> hundreds of meals derived from grass raised cattle. Grass raised
> cattle products contribute to less wildlife deaths, better wildlife
> habitat, and better lives for cattle than soy or rice products. ·

Well now that you've mentioned it, a big juicy steak would go good with that
shake.

-Rubystars

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:54:00 GMT, usual suspect > wrote:

>Davey wrote:
>
>>>Where is everyone?
>>>
>>>Well, I guess I'll break the ice.
>>>Tonight I have a great snack planned. Whole wheat tortillas with sprouts,
>>>guacamole, cucumbers, spinach, and tomatoes.
>>>Spread the crap out, roll em up, wash em down with some ice water.
>>>Spring is here, and it's time to post some spring-time recipes.
>>>Take care,
>>>Bill H

>> Half a chicken broiled with celery salt, 2-3 potatoes in a micro-wave,
>> raw broccoli with Ranch dressing.

>You eat a whole half chicken? Is this per meal or per day?

I buy as close to a 4 pound chicken as I can get, quarter
it, eat the leg, thigh and wing, and however much of the breast
I feel like eating. After it cooks down and the bones and skin
are gone, there's probably about 3/4 pound of meat left, and
I don't finish all of that. Usually do that about 3 times a week,
so I contribute to the life and death of about 1.5 chickens per
week. If they live six weeks, that's 9 weeks of life for chickens
per week, so it's....uhh....(getting out the calculator)...wow,
468 weeks of chicken life per year, and that's only with dinner.
Now I'm not saying I am responsible for them, since they would
live and die anyway even if I was dead, or a veg*n, but I do
contribute to them. What kind of lives do they have? I do
wonder what each particular bird's life is like, and hope they
had a good one. 4 pounds is pretty small, since they usually
weigh from about 4.5-6 imo, but I don't believe they usually
get very aggressive with each other in only 6 weeks...they are
still too young. Their parents do live long enough to become
aggresive, and no doubt some of them suffer as a result, but
at least they are in open houses like the broilers themselves,
and not cooped in battery cages.

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:04:08 GMT, "Rubystars" > wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 02:42:44 GMT, "Rubystars" >

>wrote:
>>

>> >"William Hershman" > wrote in message
>> >
>> >I think a lot of them got run off by the trolls.

>> >sprouts,
>> >
>> >Add about 7 or so frozen strawberries, 1/2-3/4 cup frozen blueberries,

>one
>> >frozen sliced banana, and a little milk (or soy milk)

>> · From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
>> steer and whatever he happens to kill during his life, people
>> get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. That would
>> be 750 meals if each included 3/4 pound of meat. From a grass
>> raised dairy cow people get thousands of dairy servings. Due to
>> the influence of farm machinery, and *icides, and in the case
>> of rice the flooding and draining of fields, one meal of soy or
>> rice based product is likely to involve more animal deaths than
>> hundreds of meals derived from grass raised cattle. Grass raised
>> cattle products contribute to less wildlife deaths, better wildlife
>> habitat, and better lives for cattle than soy or rice products. ·

>Well now that you've mentioned it, a big juicy steak would go good with that
>shake.
>
>-Rubystars

I'll bet. And if you eat a grass raised steak, it's likely to involve
less animal deaths than the shake too, and less than any bread
you might have along with it as well. I wonder about things like
fruit, and tomatoes, and potatoes. I believe we can be pretty
sure that grain products involve much more than grass raised
beef--rice especially--but wonder about the other things....

usual suspect

Davey wrote:

>>> Half a chicken broiled with celery salt, 2-3 potatoes in a micro-wave,
>>>raw broccoli with Ranch dressing.

>>You eat a whole half chicken? Is this per meal or per day?

> I buy as close to a 4 pound chicken as I can get, quarter
> it, eat the leg, thigh and wing, and however much of the breast
> I feel like eating. After it cooks down and the bones and skin
> are gone, there's probably about 3/4 pound of meat left, and
> I don't finish all of that.

I was interested in your gluttony, not your strange digression about "chicken
weeks." Chicken bones don't weigh that much. You're eating a pound of meat per meal.

William Hershman

Oh yeah, Heck....I forgot to say that I really hope the wheat was tortured
before they made the tortillas out of it. Stripped away from its loving
family and jammed into a crowded grain truck...you know, the whole bit.
It's so much more gratifying to know that.

wrote:

> >"William Hershman" > wrote in message
> >> Where is everyone?

> >I think a lot of them got run off by the trolls.
> >
> >> Well, I guess I'll break the ice.
> >> Tonight I have a great snack planned. Whole wheat tortillas with

> >sprouts,
> >> guacamole, cucumbers, spinach, and tomatoes.
> >> Spread the crap out, roll em up, wash em down with some ice water.
> >> Spring is here, and it's time to post some spring-time recipes.
> >> Take care,
> >> Bill H

> >Add about 7 or so frozen strawberries, 1/2-3/4 cup frozen blueberries,

one
> >frozen sliced banana, and a little milk (or soy milk)

> · From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
> steer and whatever he happens to kill during his life, people
> get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. That would
> be 750 meals if each included 3/4 pound of meat. From a grass
> raised dairy cow people get thousands of dairy servings. Due to
> the influence of farm machinery, and *icides, and in the case
> of rice the flooding and draining of fields, one meal of soy or
> rice based product is likely to involve more animal deaths than
> hundreds of meals derived from grass raised cattle. Grass raised
> cattle products contribute to less wildlife deaths, better wildlife
> habitat, and better lives for cattle than soy or rice products. ·
>
> >into a blender and
> >whir.
> >

> >Mmmm, purple heaven.
> >
> >Great for 4th of July stuff if you're in the U.S. Red, Blue, and

off-white.

> >-Rubystars

Lorraine

"William Hershman" > wrote in message
> Where is everyone?

Still lurking about. I haven't had any good recipes to post lately. I've
been wondering where MrFalafel went.

Lorraine

Rubystars

"Lorraine" > wrote in message
news

> "William Hershman" > wrote in message
> > Where is everyone?

> Still lurking about. I haven't had any good recipes to post lately. I've
> been wondering where MrFalafel went.
>
> Lorraine

I think he got fed up with the people who were telling him he was violating
copyrights by posting recipes.

-Rubystars

usual suspect

Rubystars wrote:
<...>
>>>Where is everyone?

>>Still lurking about. I haven't had any good recipes to post lately. I've
>>been wondering where MrFalafel went.

> I think he got fed up with the people who were telling him he was violating
> copyrights by posting recipes.

Copyright violation is very serious, Rubystars, and carries some pretty harsh
penalties.

The principal criminal statute protecting copyrighted works is 17 U.S.C. §
506(a), which provides that "[a]ny person who infringes a copyright willfully
and for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain" shall be
punished as provided in 18 U.S.C. § 2319. Section 2319 provides, in pertinent
part, that a 5-year felony shall apply if the offense "consists of the
reproduction or distribution, during any 180-day period, of at least 10 copies
or phonorecords, of 1 or more copyrighted works, with a retail value of more
than $2,500." 18 U.S.C. § 2319(b)(1).

The 1992 amendments to section 2319 have made it possible to pursue felony
level sanctions for violations relating to all types of copyrighted works,
including computer software and other works written, stored or transmitted in a
digital format, if the other elements of the statute are satisfied. Felony
penalties only attach to violations of a victim's rights of reproduction or
distribution in the quantity stated. A misdemeanor shall apply if the defendant
does not meet the numerical and monetary thresholds, or if the defendant is
involved in the infringement of the other rights bestowed upon the copyright
holder, including the right to prepare derivative works, or the right to
publicly perform a copyrighted work.
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia...01847.htm#1847

See also:
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia...le9/71mcrm.htm

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:38:58 GMT, "William Hershman" > wrote:

>Oh yeah, Heck....I forgot to say that I really hope the wheat was tortured
>before they made the tortillas out of it. Stripped away from its loving
>family and jammed into a crowded grain truck...you know, the whole bit.
>It's so much more gratifying to know that.

Why?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:23:10 GMT, usual suspect > wrote:

>>>You eat a whole half chicken? Is this per meal or per day?

>> I buy as close to a 4 pound chicken as I can get, quarter
>> it, eat the leg, thigh and wing, and however much of the breast
>> I feel like eating. After it cooks down and the bones and skin
>> are gone, there's probably about 3/4 pound of meat left, and
>> I don't finish all of that.

>I was interested in your gluttony, not your strange digression about "chicken
>weeks."

It has long been known that veg*ns care nothing at all about
life for farm animals.

>Chicken bones don't weigh that much. You're eating a pound of meat per meal.

LOL. I couldn't eat a pound of meat per meal. There are other
things I discard as well. The neck, liver, heart and gizzard are
some of them, plus the tail, and as much fat as I can easily pull
out--which is usually a pretty good bit. Then there is the moisture
which is cooked out, and the remaining fat that melts down and
is drained off. (I like the guts, but rarely eat them any more because
they are too much trouble to bother with in the cooking process.)
Also, there is less than an inch of fat covering my stomach when I
pinch it, and I only weigh about 130 pounds, so I'm okay with what
I eat in regards to body fat even if I ate four chickens at a time.

Lorraine

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
m...

> "Lorraine" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> > "William Hershman" > wrote in message
> > > Where is everyone?

> > Still lurking about. I haven't had any good recipes to post lately.

I've
> > been wondering where MrFalafel went.
> >
> > Lorraine

> I think he got fed up with the people who were telling him he was

violating
> copyrights by posting recipes.
>
> -Rubystars

Oh, that's a shame. ( He posted more recipes than anybody else.

Lorraine

Rubystars

"Lorraine" > wrote in message

> "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> m...
> >
> > "Lorraine" > wrote in message
> > news
> > >
> > > "William Hershman" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > Still lurking about. I haven't had any good recipes to post lately.

> I've
> > > been wondering where MrFalafel went.
> > >
> > > Lorraine

> > I think he got fed up with the people who were telling him he was

> violating
> > copyrights by posting recipes.
> >
> > -Rubystars

> Oh, that's a shame. ( He posted more recipes than anybody else.
>
> Lorraine

Yeah but think of it this way, you can always do a search for his name on
google and bring up all his old posts.

-Rubystars

William Hershman

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:38:58 GMT, "William Hershman"

> wrote:
>
> >Oh yeah, Heck....I forgot to say that I really hope the wheat was

tortured
> >before they made the tortillas out of it. Stripped away from its loving
> >family and jammed into a crowded grain truck...you know, the whole bit.
> >It's so much more gratifying to know that.

> Why?

3 words for you..."high performance grease" any more questions?

Ron

"Lorraine" > wrote in message >...
> "Rubystars" > wrote in message
> m...
> >
> > "Lorraine" > wrote in message
> > news
> > >
> > > "William Hershman" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > Still lurking about. I haven't had any good recipes to post lately.

> I've
> > > been wondering where MrFalafel went.
> > >
> > > Lorraine

> > I think he got fed up with the people who were telling him he was

> violating
> > copyrights by posting recipes.
> >
> > -Rubystars

> Oh, that's a shame. ( He posted more recipes than anybody else.
>
> Lorraine

Go to "veggies unite". They probably have more recipes archaived
than any other site.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:13:46 GMT, "William Hershman" > wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:38:58 GMT, "William Hershman"

> wrote:
>>
>> >Oh yeah, Heck....I forgot to say that I really hope the wheat was

>tortured
>> >before they made the tortillas out of it. Stripped away from its loving
>> >family and jammed into a crowded grain truck...you know, the whole bit.
>> >It's so much more gratifying to know that.

>> Why?
>>

>3 words for you..."high performance grease" any more questions?

Sure. Do you feel that you don't contribute to high performance
grease? How about regular performance grease? How about glass?
Rubber? Asphalt? Plywood?

William Hershman

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:13:46 GMT, "William Hershman"

> wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> .. .

> >tortured

loving

bit.

> >> Why?
> >>

> >3 words for you..."high performance grease" any more questions?

> Sure. Do you feel that you don't contribute to high performance
> grease? How about regular performance grease? How about glass?
> Rubber? Asphalt? Plywood?

sexually speaking, I'm for all types of grease, glass, rubber and asphalt.
I can't say I'm into plywood, but whatever.

Ron

"William Hershman" > wrote in message news:<rwkfc.140479$w54.900110@attbi_s01>...
> > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:13:46 GMT, "William Hershman"

> > wrote:
> >

> > > wrote in message
> > .. .

> tortured

> loving

> bit.

> > >3 words for you..."high performance grease" any more questions?

> > Sure. Do you feel that you don't contribute to high performance
> > grease? How about regular performance grease? How about glass?
> > Rubber? Asphalt? Plywood?
> >

> sexually speaking, I'm for all types of grease, glass, rubber and asphalt.
> I can't say I'm into plywood, but whatever.

*gasp* ~GLASS~!!!!!? That's sick.;o(

..
usual suspect

Fat Davey wrote:
<...>
>>Chicken bones don't weigh that much. You're eating a pound of meat per meal.

> LOL. I couldn't eat a pound of meat per meal.

You appear to be doing a pretty good job of it, fatso.

> There are other
> things I discard as well. The neck, liver, heart and gizzard are
> some of them, plus the tail, and as much fat as I can easily pull
> out--which is usually a pretty good bit.

So? Those aren't the bulk of a four-pound chicken.

> Then there is the moisture
> which is cooked out, and the remaining fat that melts down and
> is drained off.

So? A quarter-pounder isn't a quarter-pound after it's cooked, either. The daily
allowances are based on pre-cooked weight, not post-cooked. Stop making excuses
for your gluttony, David.

> (I like the guts, but rarely eat them any more because
> they are too much trouble to bother with in the cooking process.)

Not bother at all. Freeze them and make stock, etc.

> Also, there is less than an inch of fat covering my stomach when I
> pinch it,

Sure.

> and I only weigh about 130 pounds, so I'm okay with what
> I eat in regards to body fat even if I ate four chickens at a time.

I don't believe your weight, but you're still a glutton whether you eat a pound
of meat or four four-pound chickens every evening.

usual suspect

Lorraine wrote:
<...>
> Oh, that's a shame. (

No, it isn't.

> He posted more recipes than anybody else.

Many of which were in violation of international copyright laws.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 17:32:07 GMT, usual suspect > wrote:

>Fat Davey wrote:
><...>
>>>Chicken bones don't weigh that much. You're eating a pound of meat per meal.

>> LOL. I couldn't eat a pound of meat per meal.

>You appear to be doing a pretty good job of it, fatso.
>
>> There are other
>> things I discard as well. The neck, liver, heart and gizzard are
>> some of them, plus the tail, and as much fat as I can easily pull
>> out--which is usually a pretty good bit.

>So? Those aren't the bulk of a four-pound chicken.

You tell me how much those things weigh.

>> Then there is the moisture
>> which is cooked out, and the remaining fat that melts down and
>> is drained off.

>So? A quarter-pounder isn't a quarter-pound after it's cooked, either. The daily
>allowances are based on pre-cooked weight, not post-cooked. Stop making excuses
>for your gluttony, David.
>
>> (I like the guts, but rarely eat them any more because
>> they are too much trouble to bother with in the cooking process.)

>Not bother at all.

I don't.

>Freeze them and make stock, etc.

Not if I don't feel like it. You do it.

>> Also, there is less than an inch of fat covering my stomach when I
>> pinch it,

>Sure.

Very sure. How about yours?

>> and I only weigh about 130 pounds, so I'm okay with what
>> I eat in regards to body fat even if I ate four chickens at a time.

>I don't believe your weight,

I'm sure you lie to yourself about many things.

>but you're still a glutton whether you eat a pound
>of meat or four four-pound chickens every evening.

Oh yeah? How much chicken could I eat without being a
glutton then?