katie

Default just for fun poll:

i was thinking, here we are yacking so much and we don't even know a thing
about each other! (yeah, i know, that's the beauty of discussion boards...)
anyhow, if anyone feels like it, why not? it's something we can do without
fighting! ()
you know, stuff like:
*where from?
*how old? (kinda neato to see demographics)
*what kinda stuff do you do? you know, school/work interests, hobby stuff,
whatever
*what's your fave food/cookbook/recipe?
*fave kind of non-edible plant
*your all time fave movie/fave tunes
*fave critter (alive, not for eating! () )

i'm from ottawa, canada, 21, taking geography & human rights at school, dig
crafts, reading, attempts at sewing, & rocking out, ultimate comfort food is
steamed organic baby spinach drizzled with an omega blend oil, organic
veggie pot pie, & tropical source raspberry chocolate (yum!), fave cookbook
is 'how it all vegan,' fave recipe is for spanikopita (below), completely in
love with pet snake plant (because it doesn't die on me!), too many fave
movies, few are pi, donny darko, 5th element & bowling for columbine, too
many fave tunes, few are pennywise, billy holiday, poe and blind melon, fave
critter is turtle - i'm a sucker for the russians. hope to give a good hope
to one that needs it when i'm in a different living situation and can build
a big snazzy habitat. that's all for me.

anyone else game?

voici, la recipe:
(ps, i made it with only 1 pckg of spinach, and it was divine, and bryanna
is the awesome chef lady on the vegsource.com new veggies board)
BRYANNA'S VEGAN SPANIKOPITA ROLLS (LITTLE GREEK SPINACH-FILO PIES) Makes
about 48
Adapted from my book "The Almost No-Fat Holiday Cookbook".

The filling for these little pies is a bit unusual, containing such un-Greek
ingredients as tofu, nutritional yeast and miso! But these unconventional
ingredients give the filling a rich, feta-like taste, which is what you
expect from spanikopita. (I took these to a potluck once, and they were
gobbled up before the hostess even got to taste one-- no one even suspected
that they were dairy-free!) If you use frozen chopped spinach, the filling
takes only minutes to make, and can be made ahead (although you should make
the rolls shortly before serving).

12 full sheets of filo/phyllo pastry, thawed and kept covered
olive oil (can use a pump sprayer) or melted Earth Balance OR olive oil or
"buttery-flavored" pan spray

FILLING:
3 (10 oz.) pckgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
OR 3 lbs. fresh spinach, cleaned, stamed, squeezed dry and chopped (you can
substitute nettles, chard or other greens for all or part of the spinach)
1 and 1/2 lbs. medium-firm regular tofu (NOT silken), drained and crumbled
1 bunch green onions, chopped and steam-fried until soft
1/4 c. light miso
2 T. nutritional yeast flakes
2 T. dry dillweed (or 1/2 c. fresh, chopped)
1 tsp. salt

Prepare the filling (you can do this a day or two ahead of time) by mixing
the tofu, miso, salt and yeast together in a large bowl very well. Use your
hands, a potato masher or a fork. Add the dill, the steam-fried green onions
and the squeezed-dry cooked or frozen spinach and mix well.

To fill the rolls,
Stack 3 sheets of filo together , brushing or spraying each layer with oil
or marge of choice, and cut the stack into four 6x5" rectangles with a pair
of kitchen scissors or a sharp knife. Repeat with the remaining filo. You
should have 48 rectangles. Keep the filo well-covered with plastic wrap
while you work. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

For each spanikopita,
place about 3 T. filling in one corner of a rectangle of filo. Roll the
filled corner toward the center, then fold in the left and right corners,
like an envelope, then roll up again. Cover the filled spanikopita with
plastic wrap while you finish.

Place the filled rolls, seam-side-down, on nonstick or lightly-oiled dark
cookie sheets. Brush or spray the tops withoil or melted earth Balance. Bake
for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot.

FOR LOWER-FAT PASTRIES: you can brush THE TOPS ONLY (don't use anything in
between layers) with soymilk. If you use the soymilk, they may get soft on
cooling, in which case you can crisp them up in the oven again briefly.

Momzilla

"katie" > wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
> i was thinking, here we are yacking so much and we don't even know a thing
> about each other! (yeah, i know, that's the beauty of discussion

boards...)
> anyhow, if anyone feels like it, why not? it's something we can do

without
> fighting! ()
> you know, stuff like:
> *where from?

I grew up down in Greater Metroplitian Podunk. Moved to Chicago after
college, then out to the suburbs with children and just bought a larger
house even farther out in the suburbs.

> *how old? (kinda neato to see demographics)

Old enough dearie to find your question quite impertinent.
I have a big b-day coming up this Sunday the 14th.

> *what kinda stuff do you do? you know, school/work interests, hobby

stuff, whatever

I have a 13 year old boy and a 8 almost 9 year old girl.
I'm a Soccer Mom (sometimes coach). I clean house do laundry, garden, make
my children do their homework,answer their questions about sex,drugs and
rock-n-roll. In my spare time I pursue my career as a scultptor and teach
pottery classes.
> *what's your fave food/cookbook/recipe?

My brother sent me an Indian cookbook for my birthday. I won't have time to
try it out until we move.
We currently own two houses. I'm having work done on the new house getting
it ready to move into at the end of the month. My favorite food right now is
coffee and carbos.

> *fave kind of non-edible plant

I love all plants except Poison Ivy and Poison Oak. I can't choose a fave.
Our new house is on a 3/4 acre lot, I'm excited by the possibilities.

> *your all time fave movie/fave tunes

I don't have time to think about movies these days.

> *fave critter (alive, not for eating! () )

Cats. We had two cats but they got old and passed away. After we get the
basment finished at the new house we'll get cats again. I enjoy watching
birds and don't like cats running free out doors eating the Goldfinches.
I'll keep my kitties indoors and spoiled. Kitties are good company for bird
watching tho their interest is not esthetic.

-nancy-

C. James Strutz

"katie" > wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
> i was thinking, here we are yacking so much and we don't even know a

thing
> about each other! (yeah, i know, that's the beauty of discussion

boards...)
> anyhow, if anyone feels like it, why not? it's something we can do

without
> fighting! ()
> you know, stuff like:
> *where from?

Pittsburgh, PA

> *how old? (kinda neato to see demographics)

45, caucasian

> *what kinda stuff do you do? you know, school/work interests,
> hobby stuff, whatever

Foraging for wild edibles, restoring antique tube radios, inline
skating, browsing for antiques, gardening and landscaping, many other
things...

> *what's your fave food/cookbook/recipe?

Red Beans & Rice

Sauce ingredients
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups roasted vegetable stalk
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 pkg Morningstar smoked soy sausage, sliced
- 1 Tbs dried thyme
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- hot sauce, salt, pepper to taste
- chopped scallions for garnish

Rice ingredients
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water

Saute the onions, peppers, and celery in a little olive oil until
softened. Add the garlic and continue to saute for a minute longer.
Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
Add all other ingredients and simmer until reduced to desired
thickness. Adjust seasonings. Start the rice about 40 minutes before
serving. Plate the rice, spoon a generous amount of sauce over the
rice, and garnish with chopped scallions. Serve with green salad,
crusty bread, and good beer!

> *fave kind of non-edible plant

Orchids

> *your all time fave movie/fave tunes

Movie: time travel and music themes, Star Trek
Tunes: "art" rock, fusion and mainstream jazz, latin, blues, acoustic
folk

> *fave critter (alive, not for eating! () )

My four cats

Lorraine

"C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> "Lorraine" > wrote in message
> >
> > "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "katie" > wrote in message
> > >

> .cable.rogers.com...

> know a
> > > thing

> discussion
> > > boards...)

> do
> > > without
> > >
> > > Pittsburgh, PA
> > >

> > Yeaaaaaah, Pittsburgh!!! Me too! If you're from Pittsburgh, you

> must have
> > been to the East End Food Co-op, right?

> Lots of times. Glad to see they're still hanging in there with the new
> Whole Foods nearby. Also glad to see another 'burgh denizen around
> here.

Me too, glad I mean. The Co-op is not only still hanging in there, but they
are currently expanding their floor plan. They're going to have cafe
seating right at the front entrance. It should be nice. You should go take
a look when it's finished. I'm not sure when it will be finished. I think
soon. I'll keep you posted. I've been to the Whole Foods store. It's
nice, but it's just not the Co-op. It sort like someone taking parts of the
Co-op and parts of Giant Eagle and squishing them together. It's an
interesting combo, but not quite to my taste.

Lorraine

William Hershman

"Lorraine" > wrote in message

> "C. James Strutz" > wrote in message

> > .cable.rogers.com...

> > know a

> > discussion

> > do

> > > Yeaaaaaah, Pittsburgh!!! Me too! If you're from Pittsburgh, you

> > must have
> > > been to the East End Food Co-op, right?

> > Lots of times. Glad to see they're still hanging in there with the new
> > Whole Foods nearby. Also glad to see another 'burgh denizen around
> > here.
> >

> Me too, glad I mean. The Co-op is not only still hanging in there, but

they
> are currently expanding their floor plan. They're going to have cafe
> seating right at the front entrance. It should be nice. You should go

take
> a look when it's finished. I'm not sure when it will be finished. I

think
> soon. I'll keep you posted. I've been to the Whole Foods store. It's
> nice, but it's just not the Co-op. It sort like someone taking parts of

the
> Co-op and parts of Giant Eagle and squishing them together. It's an
> interesting combo, but not quite to my taste.
>
> Lorraine

Also from "the 'Burgh" I haven't yet been to WF, mainly because I love
the EEFC, and my ex-wife shops at WF. I figure if that let her in, it can't
be any good. :P

Karl Hungus

"katie" > wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
> i was thinking, here we are yacking so much and we don't even know a thing
> about each other! (yeah, i know, that's the beauty of discussion

boards...)
> anyhow, if anyone feels like it, why not? it's something we can do

without
> fighting! ()
> you know, stuff like:
> *where from?

Currently residing in Florida, USA.

> *how old? (kinda neato to see demographics)

32

> *what kinda stuff do you do? you know, school/work interests, hobby

stuff,

In descending order of importance:
Fitness
shooting
cooking
movies

> whatever
> *what's your fave food/cookbook/recipe?

I like steak. Any sort of meat that grills well is good, though.

Hey, you asked . . .

> *fave kind of non-edible plant

Vincas.

> *your all time fave movie/fave tunes

No real favorite, but Almost Famous and O Brother, Where Art Thou? spring to
mind.

Any kind of music except hip hop/rap.

> *fave critter (alive, not for eating! () )

Cats, as they're not needy.

Lorraine

"William Hershman" > wrote in message
> Also from "the 'Burgh" I haven't yet been to WF, mainly because I love
> the EEFC, and my ex-wife shops at WF. I figure if that let her in, it

can't
> be any good. :P

Wow, that makes three of us from Pittsburgh. As far as Whole Foods, they
have a few things there that they don't carry at the Co-op, but it's mainly
just junk food stuff really and nothing that I couldn't ask the Co-op to
carry if I really wanted it. The Co-op just has more flavor to it IMO.
Whole Foods is fine; it's just a bit generic, only slightly more flavor than
your average Giant Eagle. Besides, it stinks of fish as soon as you walk
into Whole Foods.

Lorraine

C. James Strutz

"Lorraine" > wrote in message

> "William Hershman" > wrote in message
> > Also from "the 'Burgh" I haven't yet been to WF, mainly

because I love
> > the EEFC, and my ex-wife shops at WF. I figure if that let her

in, it
> can't
> > be any good. :P

> Wow, that makes three of us from Pittsburgh. As far as Whole Foods,

they
> have a few things there that they don't carry at the Co-op, but it's

mainly
> just junk food stuff really and nothing that I couldn't ask the

Co-op to
> carry if I really wanted it. The Co-op just has more flavor to it

IMO.
> Whole Foods is fine; it's just a bit generic, only slightly more

flavor than
> your average Giant Eagle. Besides, it stinks of fish as soon as you

walk
> into Whole Foods.

I like Whole Foods. They have nearly everything I can get at EEFC plus
a whole lot more. Their produce department has way more items and of
generally better quality. They have more selection of packaged
products, bulk food items, cheeses, and bakery items. I don't
patronize their fish and meat department (I agree it reeks of seafood
when you walk in) or the health products/cosmetics so I have no basis
for comparison. Whole Foods prices are lower despite the 5% membership
discount at EEFC. I love EEFC's vegetarian cafe and "small store"
charm. There are only a few things that I get from EEFC that I can't
find at Whole Foods.

As for Giant Eagle, they have seen the writing on the wall in recent
years (no doubt coincidental with the arrival of Whole Foods) and have
done a marvelous job expanding and consolidating the "natural foods"
areas of some of their stores. I live out near the Robinson store and
I get probably 80% of my staples there, mostly out of convenience
(it's a pain for us west enders to get to the east end). I work near
the Cranberry store and it has an expanded natural foods area too.
Giant Eagle is generally more expensive than Whole Foods but usually
on par with EEFC. BTW, you should check out Walmart Superstores for a
selection of different things, if for nothing else than curiousity.

Many people have loyalty to EEFC and other coops and there's nothing
wrong with that. However, I sense an anti big business sentiment among
many of the kinds of people who are EEFC patrons, something that
transcends only loyalty. Time is immensely important to me, so Giant
Eagle wins in the convenience department every time. Selection and
prices are somewhat less important to me but still important, so when
I do get out to the east end I will generally patronize Whole Foods. I
am still a member of EEFC and still get out there sometimes. It's sort
of like visiting an old friend.

>FILLING:
>3 (10 oz.) pckgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
>OR 3 lbs. fresh spinach, cleaned, stamed, squeezed dry and chopped (you can
>substitute nettles, chard or other greens for all or part of the spinach)
>1 and 1/2 lbs. medium-firm regular tofu (NOT silken), drained and crumbled
>1 bunch green onions, chopped and steam-fried until soft
>1/4 c. light miso
>2 T. nutritional yeast flakes
>2 T. dry dillweed (or 1/2 c. fresh, chopped)
>1 tsp. salt

I couldn't do that recipe, because I can;t eat soy.

Wait, it's not raw anyway.....

Lorraine

> [...]

> the Cranberry store and it has an expanded natural foods area too.
> Giant Eagle is generally more expensive than Whole Foods but usually
> on par with EEFC. BTW, you should check out Walmart Superstores for a
> selection of different things, if for nothing else than curiousity.
>
> Many people have loyalty to EEFC and other coops and there's nothing
> wrong with that. However, I sense an anti big business sentiment among
> many of the kinds of people who are EEFC patrons, something that
> transcends only loyalty. Time is immensely important to me, so Giant
> Eagle wins in the convenience department every time. Selection and
> prices are somewhat less important to me but still important, so when
> I do get out to the east end I will generally patronize Whole Foods. I
> am still a member of EEFC and still get out there sometimes. It's sort

To each his own, I suppose. Although, with you living all the way over in
Robinson, it wouldn't really be practical to drive all the way over to this
side even if EEFC were cheaper. Just think of the gas wastage.

Lorraine

usual suspect

C. James Strutz wrote:
<...>
> Many people have loyalty to EEFC and other coops and there's nothing
> wrong with that. However, I sense an anti big business sentiment among
> many of the kinds of people who are EEFC patrons, something that
> transcends only loyalty.

Anti-profit sentiment is common for most co-op members, but so is their
ignorance of finance and economics. The zealots who argue against supporting HEB
(largest chain here), Central Market (earthy HEB subsidiary), and Whole Foods
because they're "big" pay to belong to the co-op and then pay a premium price
for the very same items they'd buy at any of the other stores. It's amusing to
me, but it's their money. They can waste it if they want.

<...>

Rubystars

"katie" > wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
> i was thinking, here we are yacking so much and we don't even know a thing
> about each other! (yeah, i know, that's the beauty of discussion

boards...)
> anyhow, if anyone feels like it, why not? it's something we can do

without
> fighting! ()
> you know, stuff like:
> *where from?

Houston, Texas

> *how old? (kinda neato to see demographics)

25

> *what kinda stuff do you do? you know, school/work interests, hobby

stuff,
> whatever

Biology, games.

> *what's your fave food/cookbook/recipe?

Lasagna, enchiladas, and chicken fried steak with country gravy and macaroni
& cheese.

> *fave kind of non-edible plant

I like mimosa trees and oak trees with spanish moss hanging from them.

> *your all time fave movie/fave tunes

Movies:
Neverending Story (only the first one)
Dune (the 80s version)
LOTR

Music:
How soon is now by the Smiths
Most 80s music
The Doors, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix.

> *fave critter (alive, not for eating! () )

Dogs, Wolves, Snakes, Lizards, Fennec Foxes, Pangolins, Civets, Quolls and
other
small predatory marsupials, tarsiers, spring hare, luminescent squid and
jellies, sea slugs,
emperor scorpions, praying mantids, hammerhead sharks.

Mikey Deluxe

> i was thinking, here we are yacking so much and we don't even know a thing
> about each other! (yeah, i know, that's the beauty of discussion

boards...)
> anyhow, if anyone feels like it, why not? it's something we can do

without
> fighting! ()
> you know, stuff like:
> *where from?

Good Old Toronto Canada

> *how old? (kinda neato to see demographics)

26
> *what kinda stuff do you do? you know, school/work interests, hobby

stuff,
> whatever

Mountain Biking, Playing Guitar, Walking dogs for The Humane Society. (SPCA
For The Americains) Anything that makes my knees weak.

Work Wise I'm Productions Manager For XM Radio, Previous to that I owned a
Computer store for 4 years

> *what's your fave food/cookbook/recipe?

Being a single guy anything that takes less than 10 Mins to cook is tops in
My Book, But My Chili kicks some severe ass

> *fave kind of non-edible plant

Sunflowers, Mind you I guess they could be considered Edible

> *your all time fave movie/fave tunes

The Matrix Series, Harvey (The Original Jimmy Stewart one) I love Music I
listen to everything, Alot of Unsigned artists, And I've developed an
ifinity for punk/Ska

> *fave critter (alive, not for eating! () )
> My Friends. You have to know them to understand it, There is no way the

guys and girls are human.

I'll Add My Own Questions Just for Kicks
How Long have you been Vegan/Veg?

Why The Change over?

Who do you think would win in a fight, Scooby Doo or Astro?

katie

"Mikey Deluxe" > wrote in message

> > i was thinking, here we are yacking so much and we don't even know a

thing
> > about each other! (yeah, i know, that's the beauty of discussion

> boards...)
> > anyhow, if anyone feels like it, why not? it's something we can do

> without
> > fighting! ()
> > you know, stuff like:
> > *where from?

> Good Old Toronto Canada
>
> > *how old? (kinda neato to see demographics)

> 26
> > *what kinda stuff do you do? you know, school/work interests, hobby

> stuff,
> > whatever

> Mountain Biking, Playing Guitar, Walking dogs for The Humane Society.

(SPCA
> For The Americains) Anything that makes my knees weak.
>
> Work Wise I'm Productions Manager For XM Radio, Previous to that I owned a
> Computer store for 4 years
>
> > *what's your fave food/cookbook/recipe?

> Being a single guy anything that takes less than 10 Mins to cook is tops

in
> My Book, But My Chili kicks some severe ass
>
> > *fave kind of non-edible plant

> Sunflowers, Mind you I guess they could be considered Edible
>
> > *your all time fave movie/fave tunes

> The Matrix Series, Harvey (The Original Jimmy Stewart one) I love Music I
> listen to everything, Alot of Unsigned artists, And I've developed an
> ifinity for punk/Ska
>
> > *fave critter (alive, not for eating! () )
> > My Friends. You have to know them to understand it, There is no way the

> guys and girls are human.
>
> I'll Add My Own Questions Just for Kicks
> How Long have you been Vegan/Veg?

vegan for almost 2 years, veg for quite a while before that

> Why The Change over?

to veg, for environmental reasons...then the health stuff started to dawn on
me. then i started reading about the ethics, and it was vegan after that.

> Who do you think would win in a fight, Scooby Doo or Astro?

i can't even see them fighting. too goofy ()

Lorraine

"katie" > wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
> > Who do you think would win in a fight, Scooby Doo or Astro?
> >

> i can't even see them fighting. too goofy ()

Scooby would totally kick butt. It would be an accidental butt kicking, of
course, achieved only after Scooby trips over a potted plant, which would
land on a plank of wood, that would send a hammer flying through the air to
the opposite side of the room, hitting a long rope connected to a chandalier
which would end up on Astro's head. Nonetheless, that still counts as total
doggy butt kickage. P

Lorraine

katie

() !
i don't know...i kindof pictured it like any ass-kicking would be
inadvertent, but through all the supreme klutzyness, they'd somehow both
wind up kicking their own asses and each others...somehow...so they'd both
just be bewildered...and still buddies, having not intended any
ass-kicking...okay i need to sleep!

"Lorraine" > wrote in message

> "katie" > wrote in message
> ble.rogers.com...
> > > Who do you think would win in a fight, Scooby Doo or Astro?
> > >

> > i can't even see them fighting. too goofy ()

> Scooby would totally kick butt. It would be an accidental butt kicking,

of
> course, achieved only after Scooby trips over a potted plant, which would
> land on a plank of wood, that would send a hammer flying through the air

> the opposite side of the room, hitting a long rope connected to a

chandalier
> which would end up on Astro's head. Nonetheless, that still counts as

total
> doggy butt kickage. P
>
> Lorraine

Mikey Deluxe

Maybe it wasn't such a good question, I had the weirdest dream about a
cartoon slapstick extravaganza of violence last night. Mind you I do look
cool as a cartoon character.
I like the way you 2 folks think

Mikey

"katie" > wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
> () !
> i don't know...i kindof pictured it like any ass-kicking would be
> inadvertent, but through all the supreme klutzyness, they'd somehow both
> wind up kicking their own asses and each others...somehow...so they'd both
> just be bewildered...and still buddies, having not intended any
> ass-kicking...okay i need to sleep!
>
> "Lorraine" > wrote in message
> >
> > "katie" > wrote in message
> > ble.rogers.com...
> > > >
> > > i can't even see them fighting. too goofy ()

> > Scooby would totally kick butt. It would be an accidental butt kicking,

> of
> > course, achieved only after Scooby trips over a potted plant, which

would
> > land on a plank of wood, that would send a hammer flying through the air

> > the opposite side of the room, hitting a long rope connected to a

> chandalier
> > which would end up on Astro's head. Nonetheless, that still counts as

> total
> > doggy butt kickage. P
> >
> > Lorraine

Momzilla

"Mikey Deluxe" > wrote in message

> I'll Add My Own Questions Just for Kicks
> How Long have you been Vegan/Veg?

Bout four years now.

> Why The Change over?

Short answer:
I guess it had been a long time coming and I just up and did it one day.
Mostly my reasons are my own protest against the excessiveness of my culture
and the power of making my own choices. Was gloriously suprised by the
amazing health benefits. I feel great.

> Who do you think would win in a fight, Scooby Doo or Astro?

They're dogs. They'd sniff each other butts. The question is whose butt
smells worse and Scooby wins tails down. Jane Jetson feeds Astro the very
best top quality hydroponic Dog chow, Scooby'll eat anything.

Thanks for the giggles Mikey.

-nancy-

Pen

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:45:41 -0500, "Mikey Deluxe"
> wrote:

> *where from?

Ontario in Canada originally ... moved to England in 1997

> *how old? (kinda neato to see demographics)

turned 47 in January

> *what kinda stuff do you do? you know, school/work interests, hobby
>stuff, whatever

read a great deal, go to concerts (classical) and go hill walking ...
Lake District, Dorset, Scotland, anywhere to get away from people
(this is a very crowded island to a Canadian)

>Work Wise

I work at the University of Cambridge/I work for Prince Philip, I work
for a charity ... goodness ... all three are the same thing ;-0

I work in IT there ...

> *what's your fave food/cookbook/recipe?

I have many cookbooks ... the ones I use most often are The Peaceful
Planet, Vegetarian Cooking Without (it is vegan despite the
'vegetarian in the title) and Leah Leneman's Easy Vegan Cooking

> *fave kind of non-edible plant

night-scented stock, peonies, lily of the valley and woodland
blossoms, cowslips. meadowsweet and bluebells

> *your all time fave movie/fave tunes

I listen to Bob Dylan, Maxine Sullivan and baroque music ... very fond
of the harpsichord ...

my favourite films are The Maltese Falcon, On Borrowed Time, any
number of old black and white ones ...

> *fave critter (alive, not for eating! () )

I like cats best I suppose ... but do know some very fine dogs ...

>How Long have you been Vegan/Veg?

followed a vegetarian diet for years, moving to vegan when I was
diagnosed with multiple sclerosis ... it works ... this coming Easter
will mark 6 years since my last attack

>Why The Change over?

see above

>Who do you think would win in a fight, Scooby Doo or Astro?

could not possibly offer a reasonable answer having not seen either of
them in the ring ...

Pen