dude

Default The Atkins diet

The Atkins diet is the most popular of the high-protein diets,
partially because Atkins claims that his diet lowers cholesterol and
lowers heart disease risk.

"You want my response to Atkins saying that his diet can lower your
cholesterol and do all sorts of good things for your heart," asks
Judith Stern, professor of nutrition and internal medicine at the
University of California at Davis. "You know what my response is?
Bull----!"

Fortunately, there are far healthier ways to lose weight. People who
eat plant-based diets centered on whole grains, vegetables, fruits,
nuts, seeds and legumes tend to be dramatically slimmer than those
whose diets incorporate significant amounts of animal products. And,
as the American Heart Association has often noted, they also have far
lower rates of heart disease.

Thanks for asking.

http://www.ecornucopia.com
Knowledge should not operate in a vacuum!!!
Karl Hungus

"dude" > wrote in message
> The Atkins diet is the most popular of the high-protein diets,
> partially because Atkins claims that his diet lowers cholesterol and
> lowers heart disease risk.

Atkins isn't claiming anything. He's dead.

Rubystars

"dude" > wrote in message
<snip>

I think the Atkins diet is dangerous, if only for the high saturated fat
content of it.

-Rubystars

Mikey Deluxe

The Truth is, You wanna lose weight there's no easy way, I've lost 98 pounds
over the past year, and I did it simply by eating better and exercising
alot. It was harder than atkins but it'll be more worth it in the end. Fad
diets are just fads, A regular diet and exercise routine is the safest most
reliable way, It just takes longer.

"dude" > wrote in message
> The Atkins diet is the most popular of the high-protein diets,
> partially because Atkins claims that his diet lowers cholesterol and
> lowers heart disease risk.
>
> "You want my response to Atkins saying that his diet can lower your
> cholesterol and do all sorts of good things for your heart," asks
> Judith Stern, professor of nutrition and internal medicine at the
> University of California at Davis. "You know what my response is?
> Bull----!"
>
> Fortunately, there are far healthier ways to lose weight. People who
> eat plant-based diets centered on whole grains, vegetables, fruits,
> nuts, seeds and legumes tend to be dramatically slimmer than those
> whose diets incorporate significant amounts of animal products. And,
> as the American Heart Association has often noted, they also have far
> lower rates of heart disease.
>
> Thanks for asking.
>

> http://www.ecornucopia.com
> Knowledge should not operate in a vacuum!!!

Does the Atkins Diet work? Addict Barbecue 1 01-04-2007 03:25 AM
Atkins diet [email protected] General Cooking 10 01-04-2005 07:19 PM
The Polish Atkins diet Cindy Fuller General Cooking 3 12-06-2004 01:11 AM
Atkins diet Freddy Wine 11 04-04-2004 08:34 AM
Atkins Diet Vicky and John General Cooking 38 07-11-2003 10:17 PM