Rubystars

Default Almost a year

"William Hershman" > wrote in message
news:F0v0c.5792$ko6.86470@attbi_s02...
> It seems like it's been almost a year since I've read this newsgroup.
> Surprisingly (?) not much has changed. Jon Ball is still around, keeps

the
> locals honest.
> Where's Mr Falafel and his incredible recipe collection? And how about

the
> lady who argued with Jon? I forget her name, but she had some kind of

soap
> opera with a guy who I think was named Ichhe, or something. Can someone

get
> me caught up?

Rick's still calling everyone "Killer" and I've seen Mr. Falafel posting a
lot of recipes. He helped
me find a manioc soup recipe a few weeks ago that was pretty good.

I see mostly the same people hanging around that were here a year ago.

-Rubystars

Jonathan Ball

William Hershman wrote:

> It seems like it's been almost a year since I've read this newsgroup.

How about last August 24?

> Surprisingly (?) not much has changed. Jon Ball is still around, keeps the
> locals honest.

Hi, Bill.

> Where's Mr Falafel and his incredible recipe collection?

Jon Lindsay? I think some copyright lawyers roughed
him up for plagiarizing several thousand vegetarian
recipes from published, copyrighted cookbooks.

> And how about the
> lady who argued with Jon? I forget her name, but she had some kind of soap
> opera with a guy who I think was named Ichhe, or something.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha! You mean Nikitta Riber, named by
her plodding communist parents after the plodding
shoe-banger.
http://www.zootle.net/afda/cgi/bio.cgi?nikitta-riber
She's still around; last posted mid January. Her tame
3-week hump-fest with that Swedish pig 'ichimusai' or
somesuch, the grisly details of which nauseated dozens
in a.f.v. for a while, ended long ago. I guess the
porking must have seemed pretty good to her, because
she pulled up stakes and moved from Denmark to Sweden
for it.

> Can someone get me caught up?

How's that?

usual suspect

William Hershman wrote:
> It seems like it's been almost a year since I've read this newsgroup.
> Surprisingly (?) not much has changed. Jon Ball is still around, keeps the
> locals honest.
> Where's Mr Falafel and his incredible recipe collection? And how about the
> lady who argued with Jon? I forget her name, but she had some kind of soap
> opera with a guy who I think was named Ichhe, or something. Can someone get
> me caught up?

I know Jon did a good job of getting you up to speed, but I just saw this from
Nikitta on another veg group (she was told to ask Jon Lindsay a question) :

I've unsubscribed from alt.food.vegan due to the many trolls there...

Good riddance.

Jonathan Ball

usual suspect wrote:

> William Hershman wrote:
>
>> It seems like it's been almost a year since I've read this newsgroup.
>> Surprisingly (?) not much has changed. Jon Ball is still around,
>> keeps the
>> locals honest.
>> Where's Mr Falafel and his incredible recipe collection? And how
>> about the
>> lady who argued with Jon? I forget her name, but she had some kind of
>> soap
>> opera with a guy who I think was named Ichhe, or something. Can
>> someone get
>> me caught up?

> I know Jon did a good job of getting you up to speed, but I just saw
> this from Nikitta on another veg group (she was told to ask Jon Lindsay
> a question) :
>
> I've unsubscribed from alt.food.vegan due to the many trolls there...
>
> Good riddance.

Yep. She was the exemplar of the whiny "vegan" who
simply couldn't handle having her unfounded moral
smugness challenged. Her complaints about "trolls"
were risible.

usual suspect

Jonathan Ball wrote:
>>> It seems like it's been almost a year since I've read this newsgroup.
>>> Surprisingly (?) not much has changed. Jon Ball is still around,
>>> keeps the
>>> locals honest.
>>> Where's Mr Falafel and his incredible recipe collection? And how
>>> about the
>>> lady who argued with Jon? I forget her name, but she had some kind
>>> of soap
>>> opera with a guy who I think was named Ichhe, or something. Can
>>> someone get
>>> me caught up?

>> I know Jon did a good job of getting you up to speed, but I just saw
>> this from Nikitta on another veg group (she was told to ask Jon
>> Lindsay a question) :
>>
>> I've unsubscribed from alt.food.vegan due to the many trolls there...
>>
>> Good riddance.

> Yep. She was the exemplar of the whiny "vegan" who simply couldn't
> handle having her unfounded moral smugness challenged. Her complaints
> about "trolls" were risible.

She really amused me when she complained so bitterly against my calling other
vegans "liberals" and "leftists" only to admit she was pretty liberal herself. I
have to make a confession. I think the first time I ever laughed at one of your
posts was this reply to Nikitta's mangofruit dilemma (http://snipurl.com/4v11):

From: Jonathan Ball (...)
Subject: I have a ripe mangofruit
Newsgroups: alt.food.vegan
Date: 2002-04-24 09:27:03 PST

Change your undergarments.

That was a classic, Mr Ball.

Jonathan Ball

usual suspect wrote:

>>> I know Jon did a good job of getting you up to speed, but I just saw
>>> this from Nikitta on another veg group (she was told to ask Jon
>>> Lindsay a question) :
>>>
>>> I've unsubscribed from alt.food.vegan due to the many trolls
>>> there...
>>>
>>> Good riddance.

>> Yep. She was the exemplar of the whiny "vegan" who simply couldn't
>> handle having her unfounded moral smugness challenged. Her complaints
>> about "trolls" were risible.

> She really amused me when she complained so bitterly against my calling
> other vegans "liberals" and "leftists" only to admit she was pretty
> liberal herself. I have to make a confession. I think the first time I
> ever laughed at one of your posts was this reply to Nikitta's mangofruit
> dilemma (http://snipurl.com/4v11):
>
> From: Jonathan Ball (...)
> Subject: I have a ripe mangofruit
> Newsgroups: alt.food.vegan
> Date: 2002-04-24 09:27:03 PST
>
> Change your undergarments.
>
> That was a classic, Mr Ball.

Ah, I had forgotten that one. I think it's unseemly to
laugh at one's own material, but I admit to having
enjoyed a good dirty chuckle when I posted that, and I
enjoyed it again just now (the post, not the
long-rotten mangofruit.)

William Hershman

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> usual suspect wrote:

> >> Yep. She was the exemplar of the whiny "vegan" who simply couldn't
> >> handle having her unfounded moral smugness challenged. Her complaints
> >> about "trolls" were risible.

> > She really amused me when she complained so bitterly against my calling
> > other vegans "liberals" and "leftists" only to admit she was pretty
> > liberal herself. I have to make a confession. I think the first time I
> > ever laughed at one of your posts was this reply to Nikitta's mangofruit
> > dilemma (http://snipurl.com/4v11):
> >
> > From: Jonathan Ball (...)
> > Subject: I have a ripe mangofruit
> > Newsgroups: alt.food.vegan
> > Date: 2002-04-24 09:27:03 PST
> >
> > Change your undergarments.
> >
> > That was a classic, Mr Ball.

> Ah, I had forgotten that one. I think it's unseemly to
> laugh at one's own material, but I admit to having
> enjoyed a good dirty chuckle when I posted that, and I
> enjoyed it again just now (the post, not the
> long-rotten mangofruit.)

Great job catching me up. Thanks to all. And there's nothing wrong with a
little chuckle at one's own joke, Jon. A little.
So, I guess not much really HAS changed. It's comforting to know that I
didn't adversely effect anything. It was sh!t either way. Moral smugness
sure can ruin a good exchange of recipes, can't it?