katie

Default Crisp celery?

i like to wash it and take off all the leaves, chop it to fit a container
and then put it in a container, like a tupperware or even a big juice jug,
totally covered with cold water, kept in the fridge. it's great to keep
carrot sticks in with em too, cause then you've got a crispy veggie snack
waiting in your fridge. then your celery definitely won't go limp - you'll
probably snack on it all before you get around to cooking with it!

"Teddy" > wrote in message
> Hi Does anyone have a good way to keep celery crisp? Mine goes limp in
> just days. Thanks

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:58:17 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> wrote:

>Aluminum foil is one of the most easily recycled things
>there is.

Then I want to know if Pen recycles his aluminum foil, and if Teddy
plans to.

>Do you have any idea how much electricity you wasted,
>damaging "the environment", posting your inanity to usenet?

Not as much as you just did!

>> Or what it takes to make it?

>Some bauxite and a little electricty to start, then
>some rolling mills. I believe, but I could be
>mistaken, that aluminum foil can be made entirely
>without the use of celery.

I have to concur; it actually takes lots of celery.

by how

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:54:13 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> wrote:

>> You are mistaken.
>>
>> The manufacture of a single square yard of aluminum foil requires several
>> hundred pounds of celery, large amounts of spotted owl liver extract, and
>> copious amounts of ozone.

>Well, back in the day, we produced aluminum foil using
>only sustainable, eco-friendly, cruelty-free methods.
>What happened?

Globalization of aluminum producing corporations.

by how

When to celery, when to not notbob General Cooking 40 07-05-2015 03:25 PM
Using up a whole celery... Jeßus[_3_] General Cooking 6 19-06-2014 01:09 AM
Celery Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 13 13-05-2011 05:43 AM
Celery RodS Diabetic 0 18-12-2010 12:23 PM
Celery help Victor Sack General Cooking 30 19-11-2005 08:03 PM