Default firewood smoked seitan sausage

I was wondering : suppose I'd like to go camping three days out in the
bush, and
i'd like to prepare some seitan before I go, what is the best way to
prepare it
for a good conservation in a backpack? Is there a way to form some kind of
relatively dry salami? Should I prepare the dough before, and cook it
there?
Might be a bit long to cook, it would take a lot of firewood...Should I
form sausages and smoke them...anyone know how to smoke food?

If you can advise me that would be very nice of you

verteflamme
Carey

> wrote in message ...
> I was wondering : suppose I'd like to go camping three days out in the
> bush, and
> i'd like to prepare some seitan before I go, what is the best way to
> prepare it
> for a good conservation in a backpack? Is there a way to form some kind of
> relatively dry salami? Should I prepare the dough before, and cook it
> there?
> Might be a bit long to cook, it would take a lot of firewood...Should I
> form sausages and smoke them...anyone know how to smoke food?
>
> If you can advise me that would be very nice of you
>
> verteflamme

Search GoogleGroups for "Veggie Sausage Idea" in alt.food.vegan... it's a
good thread.

And try borrowing the Millenium cookbook - great smoked seitan sausage
recipes in the back.