Default Tell me about rice

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:04:44 -0000, "ipse dixit" > wrote:

> wrote in message ...
>> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:54:01 -0000, "ipse dixit" > wrote:

>> >How could he "never" have noticed the 50000+ animals
>> >per acre being chopped to bits one minute,

>> Similar to the way that you don't.

>I don't farm,

or care about deaths of wildlife in rice production,

>so it's impossible for me to
>count them. Diderot claims to be a farmer
>and a reliable eye witness, yet he never
>noticed them to start with. He either has
>very poor eyesight or he's lying. Either way
>his anecdotal evidence must be ignored

by people who don't care about deaths of wildlife in
rice production.

>> >and then notice them in the next?

>> He lost you by a ***LONG!!!*** way there dix. He
>> began to care at least enough to look, and lost you
>> even farther by beginning to care.
>>

>You haven't answered the question. How
>could he never have noticed 50000+ frogs
>flying past him per acre one minute,

He didn't care, like you.

>and then
>manage to count them the next?

He began to care, unlike you.

>> >He's lying.

>> No. YOU are lying. He may have exagerated

>He did much more than exagerate and his
>contradictory quotes prove it. Those quotes
>and the impossible task in counting that many
>frogs per acre prove that he lied about this
>issue.

How many frogs do die per acre?

ipse dixit

> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:04:44 -0000, "ipse dixit" > wrote:
> > wrote in message ...

> >> Similar to the way that you don't.

> >I don't farm,

> or care about deaths of wildlife in rice production,

Ipse dixit and false.

> >so it's impossible for me to
> >count them. Diderot claims to be a farmer
> >and a reliable eye witness, yet he never
> >noticed them to start with. He either has
> >very poor eyesight or he's lying. Either way
> >his anecdotal evidence must be ignored

> by people who don't care about deaths of wildlife in
> rice production.

By everyone, irrespective of their knowledge
on collateral deaths. No one can count 50000
shredded frogs flying past at the speed of a
nor'easter, so his anecdotal evidence must be
discarded by the fact of our limited capabilities.

> >> He lost you by a ***LONG!!!*** way there dix. He
> >> began to care at least enough to look, and lost you
> >> even farther by beginning to care.
> >>

> >You haven't answered the question. How
> >could he never have noticed 50000+ frogs
> >flying past him per acre one minute,

> He didn't care, like you.

For the umpteenth time: answer the question.
"How could he never have noticed 50000+
frogs flying past him per acre one minute, and
then manage to count them the next?

> >and then
> >manage to count them the next?

> He began to care, unlike you.

No one can count that many shredded frogs
flying by them, no matter how they cared, so
admit Diderot lied, Harrison!

> >> No. YOU are lying. He may have exagerated

> >He did much more than exagerate and his
> >contradictory quotes prove it. Those quotes
> >and the impossible task in counting that many
> >frogs per acre prove that he lied about this
> >issue.

> How many frogs do die per acre?

Show one ounce of integrity for once in your
life and admit Diderot lied about his numbers.
You cannot defend them because they are
impossible to defend.

Benfez

"Zakhar" > wrote in message

> "Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > GregGeorge, still ****wittedly using the absurd
> > pseudonym "Zakhar" wrote:
> >
> > > "Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> > > nk.net...

> > link.net...
> > >>>

> > > Cut the crap ~~jonnie~~.

> > You cut the crap, GregGeorge. You're spewing crap.
> > Stop it.
> >

> > > There is NO verifiable evidence at all.

> > There is. There is diderot's eyewitness testimony,

> ********; he even states that he's a suited trader.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ypne5
>
> Also a professional pigeon hunter, book seller and tractor driver. NOT a
> FARMER.
>
> Get it, gob shite?

What is the difference between a tractor driver and a farmer. (speaks a
farmer).

Jonathan Ball

Benfez wrote:

> "Zakhar" > wrote in message
>
>>"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

>>>GregGeorge, still ****wittedly using the absurd

thlink.net...

> [...]
rthlink.net...

>>>You cut the crap, GregGeorge. You're spewing crap.
>>>Stop it.

>>>There is. There is diderot's eyewitness testimony,

>>********; he even states that he's a suited trader.
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/ypne5
>>
>>Also a professional pigeon hunter, book seller and tractor driver. NOT a
>>FARMER.
>>
>>Get it, gob shite?
>>

> What is the difference between a tractor driver and a farmer. (speaks a
> farmer).

You need to be highly suspicious regarding anything
"Zakhar" (not his real name) tells you. "Zakhar" is a
"vegan" wannabe: he can't quite get to "veganism",
even though he accepts the basic pseudo-ethical tenets
of it. Being a "vegan" would be bad enough, because
collateral deaths of animals, as the rice example
illustrates, persuasively illustrate that "vegans" are
utterly unprincipled. But "Zakhar", in addition to
collapsing under the moral burden of collateral deaths,
is buried under the additional weight of not being able
to explain, in a coherent story, why he *deliberately*
stops short.

He only belittles diderot because diderot's exposition
of the lethality of rice farming is so devastating to
"vegans'" and "vegan"-wannabes' moral posturing.
Diderot was a rice farmer, and he knows the subject.
"Zakhar" (not his real name) is a pompous, pretentious
"vegan" wannabe, and doesn't know his pimply ass from
his sweaty, swarthy face.

Zakhar

"Benfez" > wrote in message

> "Zakhar" > wrote in message

snip

> > Also a professional pigeon hunter, book seller and tractor driver. NOT a
> > FARMER.
> >
> > Get it, gob shite?
> >

> What is the difference between a tractor driver and a farmer. (speaks a
> farmer).

A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a tractor as
*part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.

An example to illustrate my point:

You can get a computer to drive a tractor.
http://www.ri.cmu.edu/pubs/pub_4583.html but you can't get a computer to be
a farmer.

Diderot's joke can be ignored. It has NO basis in fact. Neither ~~jonnie~~
the dwarf, Usual Suspect or anybody else has been able to come up with any
evidence that supports it.

Perhaps, as a farmer you can tell us how many animals you kill in the
cultivation of your land / crops.

Zakhar

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Benfez wrote:
>
> > "Zakhar" > wrote in message
> >
> >>"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...

> thlink.net...

> rthlink.net...

> >>********; he even states that he's a suited trader.
> >>
> >>http://tinyurl.com/ypne5
> >>
> >>Also a professional pigeon hunter, book seller and tractor driver. NOT a
> >>FARMER.
> >>
> >>Get it, gob shite?
> >>

> > What is the difference between a tractor driver and a farmer. (speaks a
> > farmer).

> You need to be highly suspicious regarding anything
> "Zakhar" (not his real name) tells you. "Zakhar" is a
> "vegan" wannabe: he can't quite get to "veganism",
> even though he accepts the basic pseudo-ethical tenets
> of it. Being a "vegan" would be bad enough, because
> collateral deaths of animals, as the rice example
> illustrates, persuasively illustrate that "vegans" are
> utterly unprincipled. But "Zakhar", in addition to
> collapsing under the moral burden of collateral deaths,
> is buried under the additional weight of not being able
> to explain, in a coherent story, why he *deliberately*
> stops short.
>
> He only belittles diderot because diderot's exposition
> of the lethality of rice farming is so devastating to
> "vegans'" and "vegan"-wannabes' moral posturing.
> Diderot was a rice farmer, and he knows the subject.
> "Zakhar" (not his real name) is a pompous, pretentious
> "vegan" wannabe, and doesn't know his pimply ass from
> his sweaty, swarthy face.

LOL.

Just think you wasted all that time just for me.

You stupid dwarf tosser.

usual suspect

Zakhar wrote:
> A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a tractor as
> *part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.

Semantics. He's *farming*, and that makes him a farmer whether he's on a
tractor or following oxen.

<snip>

Zakhar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Zakhar wrote:
> >>Who said there was something wrong? The point is he NEVER stated he WAS

or
> >>IS a farmer. He ONLY stated he's driven thousands of miles, i.e. a

driver,
> >>of tractors and combines.
> >>
> >>Like every farmer, I know it takes more to be a farmer than drive

> > tractors.

> >>Here's a challenge - Find verifiable FACTS that substantiate this joke.

> Here's a challenge: Find verifiable facts that substantiate your own
> claims to the contrary. Do you deny that mechanized crop production is
> lethal? Why?
>
> > Silence is golden, and illustrates my point far more eloquently than
> > ~~jonnies~~ babbling.

> What silence? I'm only getting half the messages off my server. The
> other half are expired. I had to read Google to see that you'd responded.

Where's the EVIDENCE?

Come on, where is it?

http://tinyurl.com/2jwjs

Jonathan Ball

Zakhar wrote:

> "Benfez" > wrote in message
>
>>"Zakhar" > wrote in message

>>>Also a professional pigeon hunter, book seller and tractor driver. NOT a
>>>FARMER.
>>>
>>>Get it, gob shite?
>>>

>>What is the difference between a tractor driver and a farmer. (speaks a
>>farmer).

> A tractor driver drives tractors.

Diderot drove a tractor on a rice farm.

> A farmer could possibly drive a tractor as
> *part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.

That's what diderot did on a rice farm.

> Diderot's joke can be ignored.

It is not a joke, and the implications of it - that
vegetable agriculture MASSIVELY causes death to animals
- cannot be ignored.

> It has NO basis in fact.

It has a complete basis in fact. Diderot farmed rice,
and when he finally looked for animal death, he saw it
everywhere.

Jonathan Ball

Zakhar wrote:

> "Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>
>>Benfez wrote:

rthlink.net...

arthlink.net...

> [...]
. earthlink.net...

>>>What is the difference between a tractor driver and a farmer. (speaks a
>>>farmer).

>>You need to be highly suspicious regarding anything
>>"Zakhar" (not his real name) tells you. "Zakhar" is a
>>"vegan" wannabe: he can't quite get to "veganism",
>>even though he accepts the basic pseudo-ethical tenets
>>of it. Being a "vegan" would be bad enough, because
>>collateral deaths of animals, as the rice example
>>illustrates, persuasively illustrate that "vegans" are
>>utterly unprincipled. But "Zakhar", in addition to
>>collapsing under the moral burden of collateral deaths,
>>is buried under the additional weight of not being able
>>to explain, in a coherent story, why he *deliberately*
>>stops short.
>>
>>He only belittles diderot because diderot's exposition
>>of the lethality of rice farming is so devastating to
>>"vegans'" and "vegan"-wannabes' moral posturing.
>>Diderot was a rice farmer, and he knows the subject.
>>"Zakhar" (not his real name) is a pompous, pretentious
>>"vegan" wannabe, and doesn't know his pimply ass from
>>his sweaty, swarthy face.

> LOL.
>
> Just think you wasted all that time just for me.

Nope. I very effectively spent some time explaining to
Benfez just what an amoral rectum-sweat you are.

Zakhar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Zakhar wrote:
> > A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a

tractor as
> > *part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.

> Semantics. He's *farming*, and that makes him a farmer whether he's on a
> tractor or following oxen.

No; Diderot was *driving* a tractor, and that makes him a tractor driver. He
could have quite possibly been a part-time hired hand to drive. Using your
logic *anyone* that drives a tractor is a farmer; that is false.

If I drove a tractor on a farm and commented on the death I saw, does that
make ME a farmer?

> <snip>

Jonathan Ball

Zakhar wrote:

> "usual suspect" > wrote in message
>
>>Zakhar wrote:
>>
>>>A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a

> tractor as
>
>>>*part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.

>>Semantics. He's *farming*, and that makes him a farmer whether he's on a
>>tractor or following oxen.

> No; Diderot was *driving* a tractor

On a rice farm. That makes him a rice farmer. He
wasn't driving a tractor just to drive a tractor; he
was driving a tractor in the course of farming rice.

This is elementary. Why do you have so much difficulty
with such an elementary concept?

Zakhar

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Zakhar wrote:

> > tractor as

> >>Semantics. He's *farming*, and that makes him a farmer whether he's on a
> >>tractor or following oxen.

> > No; Diderot was *driving* a tractor

> On a rice farm. That makes him a rice farmer.

It does not.

http://www.ri.cmu.edu/projects/project_390.html

Using your ****ed up logic, a computer can be a farmer. Your logic, like you
stinks.

>He
> wasn't driving a tractor just to drive a tractor; he
> was driving a tractor in the course of farming rice.
>
> This is elementary. Why do you have so much difficulty
> with such an elementary concept?

You have the problem ~~jonnie~~.

Why do you cut out the questions you find difficult?

If I drove a tractor on a farm and commented on the death I saw, does that
make ME a farmer?

Jonathan Ball

Zakhar wrote:
> "Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>
>>Zakhar wrote:

>>>tractor as

>>>No; Diderot was *driving* a tractor

>>On a rice farm. That makes him a rice farmer.

> It does not.

It does. It is truly baffling that you have so much
trouble with this.

usual suspect

Zakhar wrote:
>>>A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a

> tractor as
>>>*part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.

>>Semantics. He's *farming*, and that makes him a farmer whether he's on a
>>tractor or following oxen.

> No; Diderot was *driving* a tractor, and that makes him a tractor driver. He
> could have quite possibly been a part-time hired hand to drive.

Was he in fact a part-time farmer, Zakhar, or you being as daft as Dreck?

> Using your
> logic *anyone* that drives a tractor is a farmer; that is false.

It doesn't follow from the facts in this instance.

> If I drove a tractor on a farm and commented on the death I saw, does that
> make ME a farmer?

It would make you worker. How many times have you been called that?

usual suspect

Jonathan Ball wrote:

>> tractor as
>>>
>>> Semantics. He's *farming*, and that makes him a farmer whether he's on a
>>> tractor or following oxen.

>> No; Diderot was *driving* a tractor

> On a rice farm. That makes him a rice farmer. He wasn't driving a
> tractor just to drive a tractor; he was driving a tractor in the course
> of farming rice.
>
> This is elementary. Why do you have so much difficulty with such an
> elementary concept?

He seems to have difficulty with most elementary concepts.

Jonathan Ball

Zakhar wrote:

> You have the problem

No problems.

Diderot was a rice farmer. That just kills you: he
knows what he's talking about, and you don't.

Jonathan Ball

usual suspect wrote:

>>> tractor as

>>> No; Diderot was *driving* a tractor

>> On a rice farm. That makes him a rice farmer. He wasn't driving a
>> tractor just to drive a tractor; he was driving a tractor in the
>> course of farming rice.
>>
>> This is elementary. Why do you have so much difficulty with such an
>> elementary concept?

> He seems to have difficulty with most elementary concepts.

GregGeorge has trouble going potty by himself.

Zakhar

Now that IS a ****ing insult.

> > Using your
> > logic *anyone* that drives a tractor is a farmer; that is false.

> It doesn't follow from the facts in this instance.
>
> > If I drove a tractor on a farm and commented on the death I saw, does

that
> > make ME a farmer?

> It would make you worker.

So NOT a farmer then.

>How many times have you been called that?

Lots of times. I'm a worker not a shirker.

Where's the EVIDENCE?

****ing hell! How many times do I have to ask?

This is no more than a story from some bloke who says he drives a tractor
(for the sake of argument, says he was a farmer).

Where's the EVIDENCE?

It's nothing more than a JOKE unless you can up with some EVIDENCE.

Where's the EVIDENCE?

Zakhar

> >> tractor as

> >> No; Diderot was *driving* a tractor

> > On a rice farm. That makes him a rice farmer. He wasn't driving a
> > tractor just to drive a tractor; he was driving a tractor in the course
> > of farming rice.
> >
> > This is elementary. Why do you have so much difficulty with such an
> > elementary concept?

> He seems to have difficulty with most elementary concepts.

Typical ARROGANT Texan poof.

Zakhar

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
news
> Zakhar wrote:
>
> > You have the problem

> No problems.
>
> Diderot was a rice farmer. That just kills you: he
> knows what he's talking about, and you don't.

No. He's just a bloke on a newsgroup.

You've got nothing ~~jonnie~~. You're stuck up a creek without a paddle.

Zakhar

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> usual suspect wrote:

> >> On a rice farm. That makes him a rice farmer. He wasn't driving a
> >> tractor just to drive a tractor; he was driving a tractor in the
> >> course of farming rice.
> >>
> >> This is elementary. Why do you have so much difficulty with such an
> >> elementary concept?

> > He seems to have difficulty with most elementary concepts.

> GregGeorge has trouble going potty by himself.

Typical ARROGANT Californian poof.

Jonathan Ball

Zakhar wrote:

> "Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> news >
>>Zakhar wrote:
>>

>>>You have the problem

>>No problems.
>>
>>Diderot was a rice farmer. That just kills you: he
>>knows what he's talking about, and you don't.

> No. He's just a bloke on a newsgroup.

He does know what he's talking about. He was a rice
farmer.

All you've ever been is a jerk-off.

usual suspect

Zakhar wrote:

>>>On a rice farm. That makes him a rice farmer. He wasn't driving a
>>>tractor just to drive a tractor; he was driving a tractor in the course
>>>of farming rice.
>>>
>>>This is elementary. Why do you have so much difficulty with such an
>>>elementary concept?

>>He seems to have difficulty with most elementary concepts.

> Typical ARROGANT Texan poof.

Typical mud hut fudge-packer ignorance.

I R Canuck

"ipse dixit" > wrote in message ...
> "How could he never have noticed 50000+

An acre is pretty large, frogs are pretty small,
combines ride pretty high (likely higher than
most of the frog splatters). You'd have to look
down and concentrate to notice. Using a rock
picker on a field I didn't notice the splattered
mice till my brother told me to watch.

> frogs flying past him per acre one minute, and
> then manage to count them the next?

Noone need count to 50 000 per acre.

What you do is a neat little trick I learned in grade
3 called estimation.

Method 1:
Say it takes you 2 hours to combine an acre, well
you watch for 10 seconds (see about 70 frogs).

Method 2:
Count the splatters in a square meter and multiply
by 4047 (~ 12 splatters/m2).

> > >and then
> > >manage to count them the next?

> > He began to care, unlike you.
> >

> No one can count that many shredded frogs
> flying by them, no matter how they cared, so
> admit Diderot lied, Harrison!

> > >He did much more than exagerate and his
> > >contradictory quotes prove it. Those quotes
> > >and the impossible task in counting that many
> > >frogs per acre prove that he lied about this
> > >issue.

> > How many frogs do die per acre?
> >

> Show one ounce of integrity for once in your
> life and admit Diderot lied about his numbers.
> You cannot defend them because they are
> impossible to defend.

Note: I'm not sure what to think of the claims, but
if a person were to try they could certainly approximate
the number of deaths per acre. Though the numbers
do seem awfully high (12 frogs / m2)?

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 19:15:55 -0000, "ipse dixit" > wrote:

> wrote in message ...

>> >I don't farm,

>> or care about deaths of wildlife in rice production,
>>

>Ipse dixit and false.
>
>> >so it's impossible for me to
>> >count them. Diderot claims to be a farmer
>> >and a reliable eye witness, yet he never
>> >noticed them to start with. He either has
>> >very poor eyesight or he's lying. Either way
>> >his anecdotal evidence must be ignored

>> by people who don't care about deaths of wildlife in
>> rice production.
>>

>By everyone, irrespective of their knowledge
>on collateral deaths. No one can count 50000
>shredded frogs flying past at the speed of a
>nor'easter, so his anecdotal evidence must be
>discarded by the fact of our limited capabilities.

>> >You haven't answered the question. How
>> >could he never have noticed 50000+ frogs
>> >flying past him per acre one minute,

>> He didn't care, like you.
>>

>For the umpteenth time: answer the question.
>"How could he never have noticed 50000+
>frogs flying past him per acre one minute, and
>then manage to count them the next?
>
>> >and then
>> >manage to count them the next?

>> He began to care, unlike you.
>>

>No one can count that many shredded frogs
>flying by them, no matter how they cared, so
>admit Diderot lied, Harrison!

>> >He did much more than exagerate and his
>> >contradictory quotes prove it. Those quotes
>> >and the impossible task in counting that many
>> >frogs per acre prove that he lied about this
>> >issue.

>> How many frogs do die per acre?
>>

>Show one ounce of integrity for once in your
>life

It seems that you're the one failing in that area.
You want people to believe that the number of
animals killed in rice production should not be
given any consideration, regardless of how many
there are.

>and admit Diderot lied about his numbers.

I don't know whether he lied about them or not.
How much water was left in the particular fields
he was referring to? How many frogs actually did
die in the particular fields he was referring to? How
do you know? Let's start with that and go from
there.

>You cannot defend them because they are
>impossible to defend.

ipse dixit

"I R Canuck" > wrote in message news:NgATb.16151$ft1.6808@clgrps12...
> "ipse dixit" > wrote in message ...
> > "How could he never have noticed 50000+

> An acre is pretty large, frogs are pretty small,
> combines ride pretty high (likely higher than
> most of the frog splatters). You'd have to look
> down and concentrate to notice.

He claims;
"- when cutting the rice, there is a - visual - green
waterfall of frogs and anoles moving in front of the
combine. sometimes the 'rain' is just a gentle spring
drizzle (10,000/ac ?) swimming across the header,
other times it is a freshet (+50,000/acre ?); sometimes
it is a nor'easter. never is it a drought; never is it a mist.
sometimes, the number of frogs swimming across the
cutter-bar is so massive, we have to change to a smaller
header a/o severely reduce travel speed"

From that, "the number of frogs swimming across
the cutter-bar is so massive, we have to change to
a smaller header a/o severely reduce travel speed",
yet he says he never noticed them until he looked.
If that were true he never had to change to a smaller
header prior to noticing them. He's clearly lying.

> Using a rock
> picker on a field I didn't notice the splattered
> mice till my brother told me to watch.

If the numbers were so great that you had to adjust
your equipment to cope, how would you go then go
about convincing someone you never initially noticed
them?

> > frogs flying past him per acre one minute, and
> > then manage to count them the next?

> Noone need count to 50 000 per acre.

They do if they're going to claim that figure.

> What you do is a neat little trick I learned in grade
> 3 called estimation.

Estimates aren't good enough, especially if you're
offering them as evidence.

> > > He began to care, unlike you.
> > >

> > No one can count that many shredded frogs
> > flying by them, no matter how they cared, so
> > admit Diderot lied, Harrison!

> > > How many frogs do die per acre?
> > >

> > Show one ounce of integrity for once in your
> > life and admit Diderot lied about his numbers.
> > You cannot defend them because they are
> > impossible to defend.

> Note: I'm not sure what to think of the claims, but
> if a person were to try they could certainly approximate
> the number of deaths per acre. Though the numbers
> do seem awfully high (12 frogs / m2)?

Exactly!

ipse dixit

> wrote in message news
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 19:15:55 -0000, "ipse dixit" > wrote:
> > wrote in message ...

> >> or care about deaths of wildlife in rice production,
> >>

> >Ipse dixit and false.

Aren't you going to retract your dishonest
claim that I don't care about the deaths of
wildlife, or are you going to continue lying
and making baseless claims instead?

> >> by people who don't care about deaths of wildlife in
> >> rice production.
> >>

> >By everyone, irrespective of their knowledge
> >on collateral deaths. No one can count 50000
> >shredded frogs flying past at the speed of a
> >nor'easter, so his anecdotal evidence must be
> >discarded by the fact of our limited capabilities.

Well, Harrison? Isn't it a fact that our limited
capabilities prove that "Diderot" must certainly
have lied about what he claims to have counted?

> >> He didn't care, like you.
> >>

> >For the umpteenth time: answer the question.
> >"How could he never have noticed 50000+
> >frogs flying past him per acre one minute, and
> >then manage to count them the next?

Answer the question or admit that he must
have lied about his numbers. He claims that
"the number of frogs swimming across the
cutter-bar is so massive, we have to change
to a smaller header a/o severely reduce travel
speed.", yet he says he never noticed them
until he looked. If that were true, then it stands
to reason he never had to change to a smaller
header prior to noticing them, so he's clearly
lying because had he not changed to a smaller
header he would've noticed that waterfall long
ago.

> >> He began to care, unlike you.
> >>

> >No one can count that many shredded frogs
> >flying by them, no matter how they cared, so
> >admit Diderot lied, Harrison!

Why don't you answer?

> >> How many frogs do die per acre?
> >>

> >Show one ounce of integrity for once in your
> >life

> It seems that you're the one failing in that area.

I'm giving you the facts while you try to defend
his obvious lies, so why do you say that it is I
who is short on integrity here?

> You want people to believe that the number of
> animals killed in rice production should not be
> given any consideration, regardless of how many
> there are.

Since when have I ever tried to claim these deaths
should not be given any consideration, liar? Show
me your proof of this claim in your reply or retract
it.

> >and admit Diderot lied about his numbers.

> I don't know whether he lied about them or not.

You do know that he lied based on our limited
capabilities to physically count the numbers he
provided here. He claims the numbers were so
high that he had to slow down or change to a
shorter header, yet prior to looking he claims
he never noticed them.

Benfez

"Zakhar" > wrote in message

> "Benfez" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Zakhar" > wrote in message

> snip
>

> > > Also a professional pigeon hunter, book seller and tractor driver. NOT

> > > FARMER.
> > >
> > > Get it, gob shite?
> > >

> > What is the difference between a tractor driver and a farmer. (speaks a
> > farmer).

> A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a tractor

as
> *part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.
>
> An example to illustrate my point:
>
> You can get a computer to drive a tractor.
> http://www.ri.cmu.edu/pubs/pub_4583.html but you can't get a computer to

be
> a farmer.
>
> Diderot's joke can be ignored. It has NO basis in fact. Neither ~~jonnie~~
> the dwarf, Usual Suspect or anybody else has been able to come up with any
> evidence that supports it.
>
> Perhaps, as a farmer you can tell us how many animals you kill in the
> cultivation of your land / crops.

To quantify that would be very difficult because it is not easy to notice
the small furrys.

I can tell you that a very large number of pigeons and rabbits are killed on
my farm every year. Well in excess of 200 pigoens and a similar number of
rabbits. Also half a dozen foxes, as many magpies as possible, and as many
rats as possible. My farm is approx 750 acres, producing wheat, barley,
oilseed rape and oats. I also have 128 pedigree cattle.

Zakhar

"Benfez" > wrote in message

> "Zakhar" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Benfez" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Zakhar" > wrote in message

> > snip

NOT

> > > What is the difference between a tractor driver and a farmer. (speaks

> > > farmer).

> > A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a

tractor
> as
> > *part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.
> >
> > An example to illustrate my point:
> >
> > You can get a computer to drive a tractor.
> > http://www.ri.cmu.edu/pubs/pub_4583.html but you can't get a computer to

> be
> > a farmer.
> >
> > Diderot's joke can be ignored. It has NO basis in fact. Neither

~~jonnie~~
> > the dwarf, Usual Suspect or anybody else has been able to come up with

any
> > evidence that supports it.
> >
> > Perhaps, as a farmer you can tell us how many animals you kill in the
> > cultivation of your land / crops.
> >

> To quantify that would be very difficult because it is not easy to notice
> the small furrys.
>
> I can tell you that a very large number of pigeons and rabbits are killed

on
> my farm every year. Well in excess of 200 pigoens and a similar number of
> rabbits. Also half a dozen foxes, as many magpies as possible, and as

many
> rats as possible. My farm is approx 750 acres, producing wheat, barley,
> oilseed rape and oats. I also have 128 pedigree cattle.

These number are at least in the realms of reality. Thanks.

Using Diderot's joke numbers, if you were producing rice you'd be killing 45
000 000 animals a year, and you'd have 262 500 000 amphibians living in your
fields, etc.

Jonathan Ball

Zakhar wrote:

> "Benfez" > wrote in message

.. .

>>>snip

> NOT

>>>A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a

> tractor
>
>>as
>>
>>>*part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.
>>>
>>>An example to illustrate my point:
>>>
>>>You can get a computer to drive a tractor.
>>>http://www.ri.cmu.edu/pubs/pub_4583.html but you can't get a computer to

>>be
>>
>>>a farmer.
>>>
>>>Diderot's joke can be ignored. It has NO basis in fact. Neither

> ~~jonnie~~
>
>>>the dwarf, Usual Suspect or anybody else has been able to come up with

> any
>
>>>evidence that supports it.
>>>
>>>Perhaps, as a farmer you can tell us how many animals you kill in the
>>>cultivation of your land / crops.
>>>

>>To quantify that would be very difficult because it is not easy to notice
>>the small furrys.
>>
>>I can tell you that a very large number of pigeons and rabbits are killed on
>>my farm every year. Well in excess of 200 pigoens and a similar number of
>>rabbits. Also half a dozen foxes, as many magpies as possible, and as

> many
>
>>rats as possible. My farm is approx 750 acres, producing wheat, barley,
>>oilseed rape and oats. I also have 128 pedigree cattle.

> These number are at least in the realms of reality.

So are diderot's.

> Thanks.

For what?! For confirming what everyone knows: that
"vegans" kill millions of animals all the time, and
don't even care?

rick etter

"Zakhar" > wrote in message

> "Benfez" > wrote in message

> > > snip

> NOT

(speaks

> > > A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a

> tractor
> > as
> > > *part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.
> > >
> > > An example to illustrate my point:
> > >
> > > You can get a computer to drive a tractor.
> > > http://www.ri.cmu.edu/pubs/pub_4583.html but you can't get a computer

> > be
> > > a farmer.
> > >
> > > Diderot's joke can be ignored. It has NO basis in fact. Neither

> ~~jonnie~~
> > > the dwarf, Usual Suspect or anybody else has been able to come up with

> any
> > > evidence that supports it.
> > >
> > > Perhaps, as a farmer you can tell us how many animals you kill in the
> > > cultivation of your land / crops.
> > >

> > To quantify that would be very difficult because it is not easy to

notice
> > the small furrys.
> >
> > I can tell you that a very large number of pigeons and rabbits are

killed
> on
> > my farm every year. Well in excess of 200 pigoens and a similar number

of
> > rabbits. Also half a dozen foxes, as many magpies as possible, and as

> many
> > rats as possible. My farm is approx 750 acres, producing wheat, barley,
> > oilseed rape and oats. I also have 128 pedigree cattle.

> These number are at least in the realms of reality. Thanks.
>
> Using Diderot's joke numbers, if you were producing rice you'd be killing

45
> 000 000 animals a year, and you'd have 262 500 000 amphibians living in

your
> fields, etc.

====================
So? He can expect several voles to live there. Here's a site I'm sure
you'll ignore..
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html

"...The quantity of plant material damaged by a moderate infestation (500
voles per acre) is a staggering 20,000 pounds of plant biomass annually.
This biomass can be grass, grass crowns and roots, tree bark, wheat plants,
vegetables or other plant material. ..."
So, let's see, 500 per acre, 750 acres. Moderate infestations. Do the
math fool. And that's just the voles.

here try this..
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
"...Heavily infested fields can support a population of 1,000 to 3,000
meadow mice per acre..."

Again, do the math fool. Or more likely, you'll go into your bury your head
routine and ignore them....

Zakhar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Zakhar wrote:

Where's the EVIDENCE?

Come on, where is it?

http://tinyurl.com/2jwjs

Benfez

"Zakhar" > wrote in message

> "Benfez" > wrote in message

> > > snip

> NOT

(speaks

> > > A tractor driver drives tractors. A farmer could possibly drive a

> tractor
> > as
> > > *part* of a role of cultivating land, crops or raising animals.
> > >
> > > An example to illustrate my point:
> > >
> > > You can get a computer to drive a tractor.
> > > http://www.ri.cmu.edu/pubs/pub_4583.html but you can't get a computer

> > be
> > > a farmer.
> > >
> > > Diderot's joke can be ignored. It has NO basis in fact. Neither

> ~~jonnie~~
> > > the dwarf, Usual Suspect or anybody else has been able to come up with

> any
> > > evidence that supports it.
> > >
> > > Perhaps, as a farmer you can tell us how many animals you kill in the
> > > cultivation of your land / crops.
> > >

> > To quantify that would be very difficult because it is not easy to

notice
> > the small furrys.
> >
> > I can tell you that a very large number of pigeons and rabbits are

killed
> on
> > my farm every year. Well in excess of 200 pigoens and a similar number

of
> > rabbits. Also half a dozen foxes, as many magpies as possible, and as

> many
> > rats as possible. My farm is approx 750 acres, producing wheat, barley,
> > oilseed rape and oats. I also have 128 pedigree cattle.

> These number are at least in the realms of reality. Thanks.
>
> Using Diderot's joke numbers, if you were producing rice you'd be killing

45
> 000 000 animals a year, and you'd have 262 500 000 amphibians living in

your
> fields, etc.

Quite, but notice that I feel unable to count the small furrys, there will
be a VERY great number of mice, voles and similar who will be killed, not to
mention amphibians.

Jonathan Ball

Benfez wrote:
> "Zakhar" > wrote in message

>>Using Diderot's numbers, if you were producing rice you'd be killing

> 45
>
>>000 000 animals a year, and you'd have 262 500 000 amphibians living in

> your
>
>>fields, etc.
>>

> Quite, but notice that I feel unable to count the small furrys, there will
> be a VERY great number of mice, voles and similar who will be killed, not to
> mention amphibians.

In this "debate" (huh) over animal collateral deaths in
agriculture, the actual count is irrelevant. It is the
*phenomenon* of CDs, in the range in which we know they
occur, that completely queers the claims of "animal
rights" activists. What the phenomenon shows is that
"aras" are, in fact, "animal rights" PASSIVISTS: their
diets causes large scale, widespread animal death, and
they are utterly PASSIVE regarding it.

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:58:03 -0000, "ipse dixit" > wrote:

> wrote in message news

>> >Ipse dixit and false.

>Aren't you going to retract your dishonest
>claim that I don't care about the deaths of
>wildlife,

No, because you don't.

>or are you going to continue lying
>and making baseless claims instead?

Baseless? There are plenty of CDs involved with
rice production. If you cared about them, then THEY
are what you would be focussed on, NOT on the
ones that don't occur. Your only "care" is that you
don't want people to believe they exist.

>> >By everyone, irrespective of their knowledge
>> >on collateral deaths. No one can count 50000
>> >shredded frogs flying past at the speed of a
>> >nor'easter, so his anecdotal evidence must be
>> >discarded by the fact of our limited capabilities.
>> >

>Well, Harrison? Isn't it a fact that our limited
>capabilities prove that "Diderot" must certainly
>have lied about what he claims to have counted?

Let's see the quote in which he said that he counted them.

>> >For the umpteenth time: answer the question.
>> >"How could he never have noticed 50000+
>> >frogs flying past him per acre one minute, and
>> >then manage to count them the next?
>> >

>Answer the question or admit that he must
>have lied about his numbers. He claims that
>"the number of frogs swimming across the
>cutter-bar is so massive, we have to change
>to a smaller header a/o severely reduce travel
>speed.", yet he says he never noticed them
>until he looked. If that were true, then it stands
>to reason he never had to change to a smaller
>header prior to noticing them, so he's clearly
>lying because had he not changed to a smaller
>header he would've noticed that waterfall long
>ago.

Being more interested in the truth than you
are, I would have to hear his side of it before
forming an opinion about whether he lied,
exaggerated, or simply shared what he saw in
the field.

>> >No one can count that many shredded frogs
>> >flying by them, no matter how they cared, so
>> >admit Diderot lied, Harrison!
>> >

>Why don't you answer?

>> >Show one ounce of integrity for once in your
>> >life

>> It seems that you're the one failing in that area.

>I'm giving you the facts while you try to defend
>his obvious lies, so why do you say that it is I
>who is short on integrity here?
>
>> You want people to believe that the number of
>> animals killed in rice production should not be
>> given any consideration, regardless of how many
>> there are.
>>

>Since when have I ever tried to claim these deaths
>should not be given any consideration, liar? Show
>me your proof of this claim in your reply or retract
>it.

How many should be considered? How many
actually occur?

>> >and admit Diderot lied about his numbers.

>> I don't know whether he lied about them or not.

>You do know that he lied based on our limited
>capabilities to physically count the numbers he
>provided here. He claims the numbers were so
>high that he had to slow down or change to a
>shorter header, yet prior to looking he claims
>he never noticed them.

jRb

Please inform:

50000 Animals?

Explain please.......

I seriously doubt one would have witnessed much less counted that many. In
either event it's not a perfect world and you have to take the lesser of two
evils most often than not.

Perhaps we should investigate rice farming alternatives that may curb or
elliminate such deaths?

Has that been considered?

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:58:03 -0000, "ipse dixit" > wrote:

news

wrote:

> >Aren't you going to retract your dishonest
> >claim that I don't care about the deaths of
> >wildlife,

> No, because you don't.
>
> >or are you going to continue lying
> >and making baseless claims instead?

> Baseless? There are plenty of CDs involved with
> rice production. If you cared about them, then THEY
> are what you would be focussed on, NOT on the
> ones that don't occur. Your only "care" is that you
> don't want people to believe they exist.

> >Well, Harrison? Isn't it a fact that our limited
> >capabilities prove that "Diderot" must certainly
> >have lied about what he claims to have counted?

> Let's see the quote in which he said that he counted them.

> >Answer the question or admit that he must
> >have lied about his numbers. He claims that
> >"the number of frogs swimming across the
> >cutter-bar is so massive, we have to change
> >to a smaller header a/o severely reduce travel
> >speed.", yet he says he never noticed them
> >until he looked. If that were true, then it stands
> >to reason he never had to change to a smaller
> >header prior to noticing them, so he's clearly
> >lying because had he not changed to a smaller
> >header he would've noticed that waterfall long
> >ago.

> Being more interested in the truth than you
> are, I would have to hear his side of it before
> forming an opinion about whether he lied,
> exaggerated, or simply shared what he saw in
> the field.

> >Why don't you answer?

> >> It seems that you're the one failing in that area.

> >I'm giving you the facts while you try to defend
> >his obvious lies, so why do you say that it is I
> >who is short on integrity here?
> >
> >> You want people to believe that the number of
> >> animals killed in rice production should not be
> >> given any consideration, regardless of how many
> >> there are.
> >>

> >Since when have I ever tried to claim these deaths
> >should not be given any consideration, liar? Show
> >me your proof of this claim in your reply or retract
> >it.

> How many should be considered? How many
> actually occur?

> >> I don't know whether he lied about them or not.

> >You do know that he lied based on our limited
> >capabilities to physically count the numbers he
> >provided here. He claims the numbers were so
> >high that he had to slow down or change to a
> >shorter header, yet prior to looking he claims
> >he never noticed them.

rick etter

"jRb" > wrote in message
. com...
> Please inform:
>
> 50000 Animals?
>
> Explain please.......
>
> I seriously doubt one would have witnessed much less counted that many.

In
> either event it's not a perfect world and you have to take the lesser of

two
> evils most often than not.

=====================
Which two are those, exactly? Have you counted the animals that die for
your diet and lifestyle now?

> Perhaps we should investigate rice farming alternatives that may curb or
> elliminate such deaths?

======================
It's not just rice. All crop production causes animal death and suffering.
There can be 1000s of animals per acre living in fields that are plowed,
sprayed, and harvested. Why is it ok to slice, dice, shred, dis-member and
poison these animals for no more reason than our cheap, conveninet veggies,
and then leave them to rot?

> Has that been considered?

================
Have you considered the impact that the various foods you eat now cause to
animals and the environment?

snippage...

Here are some sites, with info on specific areas and
pesticides. Animals die.
http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/pesticideindex.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/fishkill.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/bird_fish_CA.html
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ncs/news...00/nitrate.htm
http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/P...carbofuran.htm
http://www.nwf.org/internationalwildlife/hawk.html
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Pn36/pn36p3.htm
http://www.wwfcanada.org/satellite/p...eFactSheet.pdf
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/

http://www.wildlifetrustofindia.org/...ele_poison.htm
http://species.fws.gov/bio_rhin.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html
http://www.hornedlizards.org/hornedlizards/help.html
http://insects.tamu.edu/extension/bulletins/b-5093.html
http://www.orst.edu/dept/ncs/newsarc...00/nitrate.htm
http://www.orst.edu/instruct/fw251/n...riculture.html
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Pn35/pn35p6.htm

http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
http://www.towerkill.com/index.html
http://www.repp.org/repp_pubs/articl.../04impacts.htm

Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/

To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...state.edu/pubs
/natres/06507.pdf+%22voles+per+acre%22+field&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html

To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet here's are a couple
dealing with power and communications.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:53:02 GMT, "jRb" > wrote:

>Please inform:
>
>50000 Animals?
>
>Explain please.......
>
>I seriously doubt one would have witnessed much less counted that many. In
>either event it's not a perfect world and you have to take the lesser of two
>evils most often than not.

· From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat. That would
be 750 meals if each included 3/4 pound of meat. From a grass
raised dairy cow people get thousands of dairy servings. Due to
the influence of farm machinery, and *icides, and in the case
of rice the flooding and draining of fields, one meal of soy or
rice based product is likely to involve more animal deaths than
hundreds of meals derived from grass raised cattle. Grass raised
cattle products contribute to less wildlife deaths, better wildlife
habitat, and better lives for cattle than soy or rice products. ·

>Perhaps we should investigate rice farming alternatives that may curb or
>elliminate such deaths?

The only way to elliminate *any* death is by preventing life.

>Has that been considered?

Sure. There are people here who advocate farming under
glass to prevent life that way, and advocate not raising animals
for food to prevent life that way...