Old 02-02-2004, 06:57 PM
ipse dixit

Default The liar's apprentice

"Jonathan Ball" wrote in message ink.net...
usual suspect wrote:
"ipse dixit" wrote:
snip

Which out of that list of four options you gave
relates to your initial embrace of veganism?

None of the above. The operative word is "usually." I was under the
impression that "vegan" was a non-political term. I later learned the
truth and disavowed veganism.

Someday when you're in SoCal, you can look me up and
buy me a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for having opened your
eyes to this reality. Then, I'll buy you one for having been
such an apt pupil.

I think you ought to as well. He's proving to be your best
pupil ever. He even uses the same insults you use now.
The perfect copy, but you ought to warn him;

And there's a million of us just like me
who cuss like me; who just don't give a **** like me
who dress like me; walk, talk and act like me
and just might be the next best thing but not quite me!

Old 02-02-2004, 07:37 PM
usual suspect

Dreck wrote:
snip

Which out of that list of four options you gave
relates to your initial embrace of veganism?

None of the above. The operative word is "usually." I was under the
impression that "vegan" was a non-political term. I later learned the
truth and disavowed veganism.

Someday when you're in SoCal, you can look me up and
buy me a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for having opened your
eyes to this reality. Then, I'll buy you one for having been
such an apt pupil.

I think you ought to as well. He's proving to be your best
pupil ever.

Thanks, that's nice coming from a bluefooted ex-tyre changer with a GCE
in woodwork.

He even uses the same insults you use now.

I also use many of my own.

The perfect copy, but you ought to warn him;

I'm not a copy, so no warnings are necessary.

Old 11-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Rubystars

Default how to deal with trolls in this group

"Gary Beckwith" wrote in message
snip
From here on in, I'll keep track of how many messages they post, and if
others want to join me we can figure out a reasonable amount of money to
contribut to PETA, or perhaps the Animal Farm Sanctuary, based on their
postings. Perhaps we can even donate the money in their honor.

I dont' agree with a lot of the stuff people have posted in here, but that's
no reason to donate to a
radical terror-supporting group like PETA! You'll be doing something much
worse than trolling on the
'net if you do that.

And when the ALF or ELF kill somebody, I hope that you feel some remorse for
donating to an organization
that supports them.

-Rubystars

Old 12-02-2004, 04:39 PM
MrFalafel

"Rubystars" wrote in message gy.com...
"Gary Beckwith" wrote in message
snip
From here on in, I'll keep track of how many messages they post, and if
others want to join me we can figure out a reasonable amount of money to
contribut to PETA, or perhaps the Animal Farm Sanctuary, based on their
postings. Perhaps we can even donate the money in their honor.

I dont' agree with a lot of the stuff people have posted in here, but that's
no reason to donate to a
radical terror-supporting group like PETA! You'll be doing something much
worse than trolling on the
'net if you do that.

And when the ALF or ELF kill somebody, I hope that you feel some remorse for
donating to an organization
that supports them.

-Rubystars

I sure hope the trolls don't post so much so I won't have to give
money to PETA. It's all on them, you know. They've been warned!
Old 12-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Yung Duk Dong

MrFalafel wrote:
And when the ALF or ELF kill somebody, I hope that you feel some remorse for
donating to an organization
that supports them.

I sure hope the trolls don't post so much so I won't have to give
money to PETA. It's all on them, you know. They've been warned!

Is that supposed to be funny? Oops, I forgot to laugh. You do seem like
enough of a tool to donate money on such specious grounds, though.

Old 12-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Dirk McDougal

Yung Duk Dong wrote:

MrFalafel wrote:

And when the ALF or ELF kill somebody, I hope that you feel some
remorse for
donating to an organization
that supports them.

I sure hope the trolls don't post so much so I won't have to give
money to PETA. It's all on them, you know. They've been warned!

Is that supposed to be funny? Oops, I forgot to laugh. You do seem like
enough of a tool to donate money on such specious grounds, though.

Neither he nor the nitwit who originally suggested
donations to PeTA as a response to "trolls" has made or
will make any such donations. It was merely trolling
on their part; it was also a lie.

Old 12-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Yung Duk Dong

Dirk McDougal wrote:

Yung Duk Dong wrote:

MrFalafel wrote:

And when the ALF or ELF kill somebody, I hope that you feel some
remorse for
donating to an organization
that supports them.

I sure hope the trolls don't post so much so I won't have to give
money to PETA. It's all on them, you know. They've been warned!

Is that supposed to be funny? Oops, I forgot to laugh. You do seem
like enough of a tool to donate money on such specious grounds, though.

Neither he nor the nitwit who originally suggested donations to PeTA as
a response to "trolls" has made or will make any such donations. It was
merely trolling on their part; it was also a lie.

I know. It's kinda desperate that they think they can scare off others
with outright deceit in the silliest form of bribery I've ever seen. I
wonder if such incoherent thinking is from organic mental illness or
just malnourishment. Maybe both?

Old 12-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Dirk McDougal

Yung Duk Dong wrote:
Dirk McDougal wrote:

Yung Duk Dong wrote:

MrFalafel wrote:

[...]

I have a well developed theory about
self-marginalization and auto-alienation. "veganism"
is a conscious embrace of a pseudo-ethics that the
embracer KNOWS will marginalize him. Deliberately
adopting a marginalizing philosophy is symptomatic of
mental illness. Being marginalized, and suffering from
the alienation that marginalization produces, is viewed
by rational people as a bad, damaging thing. No
mentally and emotionally sound person would *willingly*
marginalize himself, but that's precisely what "vegans"
knowingly do.

Old 12-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Rubystars

"MrFalafel" wrote in message
snip
I sure hope the trolls don't post so much so I won't have to give
money to PETA. It's all on them, you know. They've been warned!

Wouldn't it be more productive to donate to a legit animal rescue group,
like breed rescues, no kill shelters,
or wildlife rehabilitators?

PETA is the kind of group that would try to start rifts between mothers and
their children, with that little comic
"Mommy kills animals." and throws blood on people. Why would any sane person
donate to them?

-Rubystars

Old 13-02-2004, 10:18 AM
MrFalafel

"Rubystars" wrote in message .com...
"MrFalafel" wrote in message
snip
I sure hope the trolls don't post so much so I won't have to give
money to PETA. It's all on them, you know. They've been warned!

Wouldn't it be more productive to donate to a legit animal rescue group,
like breed rescues, no kill shelters,
or wildlife rehabilitators?

PETA is the kind of group that would try to start rifts between mothers and
their children, with that little comic
"Mommy kills animals." and throws blood on people. Why would any sane person
donate to them?

-Rubystars

The trolls here are terrified of the spread of vegetarianism and AR,
which PETA promotes. This idea would mean that their trolling would
translate into the funding of a group promoting something they are
against. The idea is to get the trolls to carry on their endless flame
wars and trolling in a more appropriate newsgroup and not this one.

Old 13-02-2004, 05:13 PM
rick etter

"MrFalafel" wrote in message
om...
"Rubystars" wrote in message

.com...
"MrFalafel" wrote in message
snip
I sure hope the trolls don't post so much so I won't have to give
money to PETA. It's all on them, you know. They've been warned!

Wouldn't it be more productive to donate to a legit animal rescue group,
like breed rescues, no kill shelters,
or wildlife rehabilitators?

PETA is the kind of group that would try to start rifts between mothers

and
their children, with that little comic
"Mommy kills animals." and throws blood on people. Why would any sane

person
donate to them?

-Rubystars

The trolls here are terrified of the spread of vegetarianism and AR,
which PETA promotes.

========================
LOL That's just plain stupid. Of course, a vegan diet does that to
people... Not one of us has ever told you what you can or cannot eat.
vegans on the other hand would gladly force their dysfunctional views on the
rest of us, and many here have said so over and over. We discuss the false
ethics behind your simple rule for your simple mind, 'eat no meat.'

This idea would mean that their trolling would
translate into the funding of a group promoting something they are
against. The idea is to get the trolls to carry on their endless flame
wars and trolling in a more appropriate newsgroup and not this one.

========================
We're not trolling, fool. I suggest you look of the meaning of the term.
we discuss perfectly reasonable ideas about how your religion is delusional,
dishonest, and false.

Old 17-02-2004, 12:14 AM
usual suspect

Rubystars wrote:
I sure hope the trolls don't post so much so I won't have to give
money to PETA. It's all on them, you know. They've been warned!

Wouldn't it be more productive to donate to a legit animal rescue group,
like breed rescues, no kill shelters,
or wildlife rehabilitators?

PETA is the kind of group that would try to start rifts between mothers and
their children, with that little comic
"Mommy kills animals." and throws blood on people. Why would any sane person
donate to them?

Your question is apropos in light of whom it was asked: Is one (like the
OP) who defines the world as "animals good, people bad" showing signs of
mental coherence to start with? After reading the OP's (non)reply to
this question, I stand by that assessment: no rational person would
think that he could get others to bahave differently or indifferently on
such ridiculous grounds, even if he were truly sincere (he's not) about
sending money to that terrorist organization.

Old 31-03-2004, 08:20 AM
katie

"Dirk McDougal" wrote in message
ink.net...
Yung Duk Dong wrote:
Dirk McDougal wrote:

Yung Duk Dong wrote:

MrFalafel wrote:

[...]

ehhh...(your post might be sarcastic, but i really can't tell in print, so
i'll respond.)
i disagree. vegans can be 'marginalized,' to an extent, but there's also a
very strong vegan community, even if it's largely electronic for many folks.
that can be very supportive, and doesn't leave you feeling marginalized at
all. knowing at least one other veg*n in person also tends to dissolve any
lonliness. besides, vegans don't adopt their lifestyle for the PURPOSE of
marginalizing themselves. so it really isn't a 'marginalizing philosophy.'
that's like calling monks mentally ill for their lifestyle choice.
different reason, but similar outcome. they are more marginalized from the
mainstream, but living within a very strong community. comparatively,
vegans are marginalized mostly in the dietary sense, but still interact with
others normally in the school/work/family sense, etc. besides, isn't
everyone marginalized on all but superficial levels? we're all just
completely alone, isolated, specks of dust in the universe, right? ()

Trolls Gunner Mexican Cooking 6 12-12-2006 03:21 AM
The trolls will be gone soon Daedalus General Cooking 22 29-10-2006 01:16 AM
The trolls will be gone soon Daedalus Vegan 17 29-10-2006 01:16 AM
The trolls will be gone soon ThePsyko General Cooking 0 21-10-2006 04:34 PM
The trolls will be gone soon sf General Cooking 1 21-10-2006 09:19 AM