artichoke

Default Morocco - finding vegan food

Has anyone had experience of travelling to Morocco as a vegan?

We're thinking of going this year and woud love any advice you have....

Many thanks,

Lian
Dutch

"artichoke" > wrote in message
om...
> Has anyone had experience of travelling to Morocco as a vegan?
>
> We're thinking of going this year and woud love any advice you have....
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Lian

http://www.vegsource.com/travel/afri...sages/148.html

MrFalafel

"Dutch" > wrote in message >...
> "artichoke" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Has anyone had experience of travelling to Morocco as a vegan?
> >
> > We're thinking of going this year and woud love any advice you have....
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Lian

> http://www.vegsource.com/travel/afri...sages/148.html

Great link!

My suggestion would be to consider 'thermos cooking' where you bring
basic things like stock cubes and TVP and then purchase local produce.
You put chopped veg, stock cube and some TVP in a wide mouth thermos,
add boiling water, wait an hour or so then you've got stew. Whole
bunch of other things you can make in this manner. That way you can
focus on the scenery while not worrying about the food.
Dutch

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
om...
> "Dutch" > wrote in message

> > "artichoke" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Has anyone had experience of travelling to Morocco as a vegan?
> > >
> > > We're thinking of going this year and woud love any advice you

have....

> > > Many thanks,
> > >
> > > Lian

> > http://www.vegsource.com/travel/afri...sages/148.html

> Great link!
>
> My suggestion would be to consider 'thermos cooking' where you bring
> basic things like stock cubes and TVP and then purchase local produce.
> You put chopped veg, stock cube and some TVP in a wide mouth thermos,
> add boiling water, wait an hour or so then you've got stew. Whole
> bunch of other things you can make in this manner. That way you can
> focus on the scenery while not worrying about the food.

That's a good idea too, but really the best advice for a vegan travelling in
exotic countries would be to loosen up a bit and not stress about it, a
little chicken stock is not going to kill you. You're taking a *vacation*
from your normal life, immerse yourself in your host country to get every
ounce of juice from the experience, don't drag all your Western hangups
along with you.

MrFalafel

"Dutch" > wrote in message >...
> "MrFalafel" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Dutch" > wrote in message

> > > "artichoke" > wrote in message
> > > om...

> have....

> > > http://www.vegsource.com/travel/afri...sages/148.html

> > Great link!
> >
> > My suggestion would be to consider 'thermos cooking' where you bring
> > basic things like stock cubes and TVP and then purchase local produce.
> > You put chopped veg, stock cube and some TVP in a wide mouth thermos,
> > add boiling water, wait an hour or so then you've got stew. Whole
> > bunch of other things you can make in this manner. That way you can
> > focus on the scenery while not worrying about the food.

> That's a good idea too, but really the best advice for a vegan travelling in
> exotic countries would be to loosen up a bit and not stress about it, a
> little chicken stock is not going to kill you. You're taking a *vacation*
> from your normal life, immerse yourself in your host country to get every
> ounce of juice from the experience, don't drag all your Western hangups
> along with you.

I know you're a troll, but I travel all over the place and don't have
to change my lifestyle or eating habits. It's easy to avoid animal
products if you know what you're doing. Researching local cuisine
before hand is a great way to see how people cook and learn about the
culture.

By buying vegetables and spices from the street markets and cooking
them yourself you'll get more into the spirit of how local people live
then by eating in a restaurant.

Michael Balarama

"Dutch" > wrote in message

> "MrFalafel" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Dutch" > wrote in message

> > > "artichoke" > wrote in message
> > > om...

> have....

> > > http://www.vegsource.com/travel/afri...sages/148.html

> > Great link!
> >
> > My suggestion would be to consider 'thermos cooking' where you bring
> > basic things like stock cubes and TVP and then purchase local produce.
> > You put chopped veg, stock cube and some TVP in a wide mouth thermos,
> > add boiling water, wait an hour or so then you've got stew. Whole
> > bunch of other things you can make in this manner. That way you can
> > focus on the scenery while not worrying about the food.

> That's a good idea too, but really the best advice for a vegan travelling

in
> exotic countries would be to loosen up a bit and not stress about it, a
> little chicken stock is not going to kill you. You're taking a *vacation*
> from your normal life, immerse yourself in your host country to get every
> ounce of juice from the experience, don't drag all your Western hangups
> along with you.

little chicken stock is not going to kill you.
No but it does kill the chicken and just because someone is traveling-that
is no reason to alter ones
belief system..
very very lame response..
it shows your lack of depth in life
Michael

artichoke

Thanks a lot for the advice everyone. Thermos cooking is a great idea
Mr Falafel!

It sounds as thought eating in Morocco might be a challenge but
hopefully worth it...

Thanks,

www.veganharlow.co.uk
Dutch

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
om...
> "Dutch" > wrote in message

> > "MrFalafel" > wrote in message
> > om...

> > have....

> > > Great link!
> > >
> > > My suggestion would be to consider 'thermos cooking' where you bring
> > > basic things like stock cubes and TVP and then purchase local produce.
> > > You put chopped veg, stock cube and some TVP in a wide mouth thermos,
> > > add boiling water, wait an hour or so then you've got stew. Whole
> > > bunch of other things you can make in this manner. That way you can
> > > focus on the scenery while not worrying about the food.

> > That's a good idea too, but really the best advice for a vegan

travelling in
> > exotic countries would be to loosen up a bit and not stress about it, a
> > little chicken stock is not going to kill you. You're taking a

*vacation*
> > from your normal life, immerse yourself in your host country to get

every
> > ounce of juice from the experience, don't drag all your Western hangups
> > along with you.

> I know you're a troll,

What do you mean by that? I happen to think vegans do themselves unecessary
harm by being so anal retentive, how does that make me a troll?

> but I travel all over the place and don't have
> to change my lifestyle or eating habits. It's easy to avoid animal
> products if you know what you're doing. Researching local cuisine
> before hand is a great way to see how people cook and learn about the
> culture.
>
> By buying vegetables and spices from the street markets and cooking
> them yourself you'll get more into the spirit of how local people live
> then by eating in a restaurant.

If you eat a different diet than the local people you aren't exactly getting
more into the spirit of how local people live.

Dutch

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message

> "Dutch" > wrote in message
> >
> > "MrFalafel" > wrote in message
> > om...

> > have....

> > > Great link!
> > >
> > > My suggestion would be to consider 'thermos cooking' where you bring
> > > basic things like stock cubes and TVP and then purchase local produce.
> > > You put chopped veg, stock cube and some TVP in a wide mouth thermos,
> > > add boiling water, wait an hour or so then you've got stew. Whole
> > > bunch of other things you can make in this manner. That way you can
> > > focus on the scenery while not worrying about the food.

> > That's a good idea too, but really the best advice for a vegan

travelling
> in
> > exotic countries would be to loosen up a bit and not stress about it, a
> > little chicken stock is not going to kill you. You're taking a

*vacation*
> > from your normal life, immerse yourself in your host country to get

every
> > ounce of juice from the experience, don't drag all your Western hangups
> > along with you.

> little chicken stock is not going to kill you.
> No but it does kill the chicken

In case you just fell off the turnip truck, all agriculture harms animals.

and just because someone is traveling-that
> is no reason to alter ones
> belief system..

It's always a good time to re-examine one's unrealistic beliefs.

> very very lame response..

I think it's very, very sage advice.

> it shows your lack of depth in life

fwiw, you come across as a cardboard cutout yourself.