FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Jack fruit (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/18515-jack-fruit.html)

Rubystars 10-01-2004 08:57 AM

Jack fruit

I saw Jack fruit (or jackfruit) at Fiesta. It was canned in brine. Has
anyone here ever tasted it before?

If so, is it good?

-Rubystars

Michael Balarama 10-01-2004 02:18 PM

Jack fruit

"Rubystars" > wrote in message
y.com...
> I saw Jack fruit (or jackfruit) at Fiesta. It was canned in brine. Has
> anyone here ever tasted it before?

I think I have-In philippines they ate jack fruit ALL the time..it is a
small greeenish banana-they use it like squash-
It was ok-I never liked it that much...I was there for a about 3 weeks...
I don't know about this stuff in cans..
Michael

No One 11-01-2004 03:31 AM

Jack fruit

I have a can of it now on the shelf. Mine is packed in a light sugar syrup.
Tastes similar to apricots but squeaker on the teeth when chewing. Can make
an interesting sauce for over bread pudding.

Dennis
y.com...