Kim

Default Awesome Vegan Pancakes

This is an original recipe by moi! Made them for the first time tonight and
they were sooooooo good and soooooo satisfying I had to share! 8-)

Serves 2

3/4 cup flour (half whole wheat, half unbleached white)
1+1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup low fat soy milk
2 tablespoons sunmaid (thompson) raisins
10 raw almonds, chopped
1 small banana, sliced
3 oz firm tofu, cubed small
approz 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Mix flour and baking powder, then add soy milk. Stir well, then add
remaining ingredients. Cook on a lightly greased (I used extra virgin olive
oil) iron frying pan until golden brown on each side and cooked through the
middle. I covered the pan with a lid for part of the time.

Serve with pure maple syrup on top and Yves veggie sausages on the side...
yum!

MrFalafel

"Kim" > wrote in message e.rogers.com>...
> This is an original recipe by moi! Made them for the first time tonight and
> they were sooooooo good and soooooo satisfying I had to share! 8-)
>
> Serves 2
>
> 3/4 cup flour (half whole wheat, half unbleached white)
> 1+1/2 teaspoons baking powder
> 3/4 cup low fat soy milk
> 2 tablespoons sunmaid (thompson) raisins
> 10 raw almonds, chopped
> 1 small banana, sliced
> 3 oz firm tofu, cubed small
> approz 1/4 tsp cinnamon
>
> Mix flour and baking powder, then add soy milk. Stir well, then add
> remaining ingredients. Cook on a lightly greased (I used extra virgin olive
> oil) iron frying pan until golden brown on each side and cooked through the
> middle. I covered the pan with a lid for part of the time.
>
> Serve with pure maple syrup on top and Yves veggie sausages on the side...
> yum!

Raisins in pancakes!? Thats the road to Communism!

Doesn't the olive oil impart an 'olivey' taste? I'd think that another
vegetable type oil would be better for this...Sounds very interesting
none-the-less.
MEow

While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, Kim of said:

>3 oz firm tofu, cubed small

How do you get firm, cubed tofu into pancake dough? Do you use a
blender or something, or does your definition of "pancake dough"
include something with lots of small cubes?
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Kim

my definition includes lots of cubes. They pretty much blend in texture-wise
with the pancake.

"MEow" > wrote in message
> While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, Kim of said:
>
> >3 oz firm tofu, cubed small

> How do you get firm, cubed tofu into pancake dough? Do you use a
> blender or something, or does your definition of "pancake dough"
> include something with lots of small cubes?
> --
> Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
> ICQ# 251532856
> Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN
> "Welcome back. There has been rampant top-posting since you left!
> Your vigilance has been missed." MrFalafel (AFV)

Kim

There was no olivey taste whatsoever.... but then I didn't use much cus my
iron pan is well seasoned and stuff doesn't stick to it. I use ex-virgin
olive oil for everything.

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
om...
> "Kim" > wrote in message

e.rogers.com>...
> > This is an original recipe by moi! Made them for the first time tonight

and
> > they were sooooooo good and soooooo satisfying I had to share! 8-)
> >
> > Serves 2
> >
> > 3/4 cup flour (half whole wheat, half unbleached white)
> > 1+1/2 teaspoons baking powder
> > 3/4 cup low fat soy milk
> > 2 tablespoons sunmaid (thompson) raisins
> > 10 raw almonds, chopped
> > 1 small banana, sliced
> > 3 oz firm tofu, cubed small
> > approz 1/4 tsp cinnamon
> >
> > Mix flour and baking powder, then add soy milk. Stir well, then add
> > remaining ingredients. Cook on a lightly greased (I used extra virgin

olive
> > oil) iron frying pan until golden brown on each side and cooked through

the
> > middle. I covered the pan with a lid for part of the time.
> >
> > Serve with pure maple syrup on top and Yves veggie sausages on the

side...
> > yum!

> Raisins in pancakes!? Thats the road to Communism!
>
> Doesn't the olive oil impart an 'olivey' taste? I'd think that another
> vegetable type oil would be better for this...Sounds very interesting
> none-the-less.

MEow

While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, Kim of said:

>my definition includes lots of cubes. They pretty much blend in texture-wise
>with the pancake.

Then you and I have very different definitions of "pancakes", but I'll
try your recipe some day.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN
"Am I the only one who scrolls down to the .sig every mail of Nikitta
now, to see if there's something new?" Till (afdaniain)