FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Awesome Vegan Pancakes (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/18505-awesome-vegan-pancakes.html)

Kim 07-01-2004 12:23 AM

Awesome Vegan Pancakes

This is an original recipe by moi! Made them for the first time tonight and
they were sooooooo good and soooooo satisfying I had to share! 8-)

Serves 2

3/4 cup flour (half whole wheat, half unbleached white)
1+1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup low fat soy milk
2 tablespoons sunmaid (thompson) raisins
10 raw almonds, chopped
1 small banana, sliced
3 oz firm tofu, cubed small
approz 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Mix flour and baking powder, then add soy milk. Stir well, then add
remaining ingredients. Cook on a lightly greased (I used extra virgin olive
oil) iron frying pan until golden brown on each side and cooked through the
middle. I covered the pan with a lid for part of the time.

Serve with pure maple syrup on top and Yves veggie sausages on the side...
yum!

MrFalafel 07-01-2004 03:59 PM

Awesome Vegan Pancakes

"Kim" > wrote in message e.rogers.com>...
> This is an original recipe by moi! Made them for the first time tonight and
> they were sooooooo good and soooooo satisfying I had to share! 8-)
>
> Serves 2
>
> 3/4 cup flour (half whole wheat, half unbleached white)
> 1+1/2 teaspoons baking powder
> 3/4 cup low fat soy milk
> 2 tablespoons sunmaid (thompson) raisins
> 10 raw almonds, chopped
> 1 small banana, sliced
> 3 oz firm tofu, cubed small
> approz 1/4 tsp cinnamon
>
> Mix flour and baking powder, then add soy milk. Stir well, then add
> remaining ingredients. Cook on a lightly greased (I used extra virgin olive
> oil) iron frying pan until golden brown on each side and cooked through the
> middle. I covered the pan with a lid for part of the time.
>
> Serve with pure maple syrup on top and Yves veggie sausages on the side...
> yum!

Raisins in pancakes!? Thats the road to Communism! ;)

Doesn't the olive oil impart an 'olivey' taste? I'd think that another
vegetable type oil would be better for this...Sounds very interesting
none-the-less.

MEow 07-01-2004 04:33 PM

Awesome Vegan Pancakes

While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, Kim of said:

>3 oz firm tofu, cubed small

How do you get firm, cubed tofu into pancake dough? Do you use a
blender or something, or does your definition of "pancake dough"
include something with lots of small cubes?
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856

Kim 07-01-2004 09:55 PM

Awesome Vegan Pancakes

my definition includes lots of cubes. They pretty much blend in texture-wise
with the pancake.

Kim 07-01-2004 09:56 PM

Awesome Vegan Pancakes

There was no olivey taste whatsoever.... but then I didn't use much cus my
iron pan is well seasoned and stuff doesn't stick to it. I use ex-virgin
olive oil for everything.

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
om...

e.rogers.com>...

MEow 07-01-2004 10:18 PM

Awesome Vegan Pancakes

While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, Kim of said:

>my definition includes lots of cubes. They pretty much blend in texture-wise
>with the pancake.

Then you and I have very different definitions of "pancakes", but I'll
try your recipe some day.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN
"Am I the only one who scrolls down to the .sig every mail of Nikitta
now, to see if there's something new?" Till (afdaniain)