Brian Skowron

Default Is Mexico City cheese made w.o. rennet?

I recently sampled Queso Fresco, Chihuahua, Oaxaca, and goat cheeses
in Mexico City. Locals told me that these cheeses are naturally
organic, i.e. rennetless, made without the "cheese culture" normally
found in U.S. cheese. Would the cheese of this region fit a
lacto-vegetarian diet?

Incidentally, is it a safe bet that most Mexico City produce is
organic?

Brian Skowron
San Diego, CA
Rubystars

"Brian Skowron" > wrote in message
om...
> I recently sampled Queso Fresco, Chihuahua, Oaxaca, and goat cheeses
> in Mexico City. Locals told me that these cheeses are naturally
> organic, i.e. rennetless, made without the "cheese culture" normally
> found in U.S. cheese. Would the cheese of this region fit a
> lacto-vegetarian diet?
>
> Incidentally, is it a safe bet that most Mexico City produce is
> organic?
>
> Brian Skowron
> San Diego, CA

Don't eat stuff from stands in Mexico. Yuck.

-Rubystars