Jahnu

Default No need for farm animals.

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:24:22 -0500, "rick etter"
> wrote:

>"Jahnu" > wrote in message

>Then why did you ly, again? Lys seem to be the only things that you have to
>post, eh killer?

hehe, see how desparate they become when you just flood them with
facts. I can just see the idiot, flustered, hammering away on his
key-board so eager to send his lame comments that he doesn't even take
the time to run the spell checker first.

>Now, go have that nice blood-drenched dinner, hypocrite.

No thanks, I leave that to you, meat-head.

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Jahnu

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:48:35 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
wrote:

>> I know, but someone did. Why don't you complain about him being
>> irrational?

>*** I don't think it is helpful to complain about anyone being irrational.
>When a person is being irrational it is pretty clear to all normal
>reasonable people.

I agree. That's why I point it out to you.

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Jahnu

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:09:43 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> wrote:

>Jahnu wrote:

>> Constitution? You forget I am from Europe. I couldn't care less about
>> your constitution.

>Irrelevant, and truly a stupid, ****witted dodge. The
>point is that stupid irrational "vegans" want to
>overthrow the legitimate, lawful, constitutional
>governments wherever they are, in order to impose their
>benighted values on others.

Not me. I just hate atheist meat-heads.

>> Anyone who supports the mass slaughter of animals in the modern
>> consumer culture must be completely devoid of any empathy towards
>> other living entities.

>False. Repeating it, and using more words to do so,
>will not make it true. Your claim is false.

According to who?

>No, you are not stating facts. You are venting your
>spleen; nothing more.

I am merely stating facts, that's all. And they don't become less
facts by you denying it.

>Yes, it is. It is a rational observation of you and
>your social milieu.

hahaha, says someone who grew up in a Mickey Mouse culture and elected
a retard for president.

Once again, just to hammer home the point:

HOW TO WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH A MEAT EATER

The New York Times, Tuesday, June 20, 1989

The Hunger Argument

Number of people worldwide who will die of starvation this year: 60
million.

Number of people who could be adequately fed with the grain saved if
Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10 perc.: 60 million

Human beings in America: 243 million

Number of people who could be fed with grain and soybeans now eaten by
U.S. livestock: 1.3 billion

Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by people: 20

Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 80

Percentage of oats grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 95

Percentage of protein waste by cycling grain through livestock: 99

How frequently a child starves to death: every 2 seconds

Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on an ac 20.OOO

Pounds of beef produced on an ac 165

Percentage of U.S. farmland devoted to beef production: 56

Pounds of grain and soybeans needed to produce a pound of beef: 16

The Environmental Argument

Cause of global warming: greenhouse effect

Primary cause of greenhouse effect: carbon dioxide emissions from
fossil fuels.

Fossil fuels needed to produce a meat-centered diet vs. a meat-free
diet: 50 times more

Percentage of U.S. topsoil lost to date: 75

Percentage of U.S. topsoil loss directly related to livestock raising:
85

Number of acres of U.S. forest cleared for cropland to produce
meat-centered diet: 260 million

Amount of meat U.S. imports annually from Costa Rica, El Salvador,
Guatemala, Honduras and Panama: 200 million pounds

Average per capita meat consumption in Costa Rica, El Salvador,
Guatemala, Honduras and Panama: less than eaten by average U.S.
housecat.

Area of tropical rainforest consumed in every 1/4 pound hamburger: 55
sq.ft.

Current rate of species extinction due to destruction of tropical
rainforests for meat grazing and other uses: 1.000 per year

The Cancer Argument

Increased risk of breast cancer for women who eat meat 4 times a week
vs. less than once a week: 4 times

For women who eat eggs daily vs. less than once a week: 3 times

Increased risk of fatal ovarian cancer for women who eat eggs 3 or
more times a week vs. less than once a week: 3 times

Increased risk of fatal prostate cancer for men who eat meat daily vs.
sparingly or not at all: 3.6 times

The Natural Resources Argument

Use of more than half of all water used for all purposes in the U.S.:
livestock portion.

Amount of water used in production of the average steer: sufficient to
float a destroyer.

Gallons to produce a pound of wheat: 25

Gallons to produce a pound of meat: 2.500

Cost of common hamburger if water used by meat industry was not
subsidized by the U.S. taxpayer: 35 dollars a pound

Current cost of pound of protein from beefsteak, if water was no
longer subsidized: 89 dollars

Years the world's known oil reserves would last if every human ate a
meat-centered diet: 13

Years they would last if human beings no longer ate meat: 260

Barrels of oil imported into U.S. daily: 6.8 million

Percentage of fossil fuel returned as food energy by most efficient
factory farming of meat: 34.5

Percentage returned from least efficient plant food: 32.8

Percentage of raw materials consumed by U.S. to produce present
meat-centered diet: 33

The Cholesterol Argument

Number of U.S. medical schools: 125

Number requiring a course in nutrition: 30

Nutrition training received by average U.S. physician during four
years in medical school: 25 hours

Most common cause of death in U.S.: heart attack

How frequently a heart attack kills in U.S.: every 45 seconds

Average U.S. man's risk of death from heart attack: 50 perc.

Risk for average U.S. man who avoids the meat-centered diet: 15 perc.

Meat industry claims you should not be concerned about your blood
cholesterol if it is: normal

Your risk of dying of a disease caused by clogged arteries if your
blood cholesterol is ?normal?: over 50 perc.

The Antibiotic Argument

Percentage of U.S. antibiotics fed to livestock: 55

Percentage of staphylococci infections resistant to penicillin in
1960: 13

Percentage resistant in 1988: 91

Response of European Economic Community to routine feeding of
antibiotics to livestock: ban

Response of U.S. meat and pharmaceutical industries to routine feeding
of antibiotics to livestock: full and complete support

The Pesticide Argument

Percentage of pesticide residues in the U.S. diet supplied by grains:
1

Percentage of pesticide residues in the U.S. diet supplied by fruits:
4

Percentage of pesticide residues in the U.S. diet suppl. by dairy
products: 23

Percentage of pesticide residues in the U.S. diet supplied by meat: 55

Pesticide contamination of breast milk from meat-eating mothers vs.
non meat-eating: 35 times higher

What USDA tells us: meat is inspected

Percentage of slaughtered animals inspected for residues of toxin
chemicals including dioxin and DDT: less than 0.00004

The Ethical Argument

Number of animals killed for meat per hour in U.S.: 500.000

Occupation with highest turnover rate in U.S.: slaughterhouse worker

Occupation with highest rate of on-the-job injury in
U.S:slaughterhouse worker

Cost to render animal unconscious with captive bolt pistol before
slaughter.: 1 cent

Reason given by meat industry for non using that pistol: too expensive

The Survival Argument

Athlete to win Ironman Triathlon more than twice: Dave Scott (6 time
winner) Food choices of Dave Scott: Vegetarian

Largest meat eater than ever lived: Tyrannosaurus Rex

Last sighting of Tyrannosaurus Rex: 100.000.000 B.C.

Famous pop stars - vegetarians:
-------------------------------
Candice Bergen, David Bowie, Paul Mc Cartney, Darryl Hannah, Janet
Jackson, k.d.lang, Sting

'I am a great eater of beef, and I believe that does harm to my wit.'
--William Shakespeare "Twelfth Night," Act I, Scene 3

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Jahnu

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:15:31 -0500, "rick etter"
> wrote:

>"Jahnu" > wrote in message

>> The reason that they hang out in Vegan news groups and spew their BS
>> is simply because they don't have anywhere else to vent all the anger
>> and envy that come from their bad diet.

>Hey loser, you too should check the headers. How many vegan groups do you
>see there? As for diet, check the lists of people who live the longest,
>they aren't dominated by vegans, killer.

No, they are dominated by vegetarians, meat-head.

"Can a vegetarian diet improve or restore health? Can it prevent
certain diseases?

Advocates of vegetarianism have said yes for many years, although they
didin't have much support from modern science until recently. Now,
medical researchers have discovered evidence of a link between
meat-eating and such killers as heart disease and cancer, so they are
giving vegetarianism another look.

Since the 1960s, scientists have suspected that a meat based diet is
somehow related to the development of arteriosclerosis and heart
disease. As early as 1961, the Journal of the American Medical
Association said: 'Ninety to ninety-seven percent of heart diseases
can be prevented by a vegetarian diet.'1 Since that time, several
well-organized studies have scientifically shown that after tobacco
and alcohol, the consumption of meat is the greatest single cause pf
mortality in Western Europe, The USA, Australia, and other affluent
areas of the world.2

The human body is unable to deal with excessive amounts of animal fat
and cholesterol.3 A poll of 214 scientists doing research on
arteriosclerosis in 23 countries showed almost total agreement that
there is a link between diet, serum cholesterol levels, and heart
disease.4 When a person eats more cholesterol than the body needs (as
he usual does with a meat-centered diet), the excess cholesterol
gradually becomes a problem. It accumulates on the inner walls of the
arteries, constricts the flow of blood to the heart, and can lead to
high blood preassure, heart diseases, and strokes.

On the other hand, scientists at the University of Milan and Maggiore
Hospital have shown that vegetable protein may act to keep cholesterol
levels low. In a report to the British medical journal 'The Lancet'
D.C.R. Sirtori concluded that people with the type of high cholesterol
associated with heart disease 'may benefit from a diet in which
protein comes only from vegetables.'5

What about cancer? Research over the past twenty years strongly
suggests a link between meat-eating and cancer of the colon, rectum,
breast, and uterus. These types of cancer are rare among those who eat
little or no meat, such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, Japanese, and
Indians, but are prevalent among meat-eating populations.6

Another article in 'The Lancet' reported, 'People living in the areas
with a high recorded incidence of carcinoma of the colon tend to live
on diets containing large amounts of fat and animal protein; whereas
those who live in areas with a low incidence live on largely
vegetarian diets with little fat or animal matter.'7

Rollo Russell, in his 'Notes on the Causation of Cancer', says, 'I
have found of 25 nations eating mostly flesh, 19 had a high cancer
rate and only one had a low rate, and that of 35 nations eating little
or no flesh, none had a high rate.'8

Why do meat-eaters seem more prone to these diseases? One reason given
by biologists and nutritionists is that man's intestinal tract is
simply not suited for digesting meat. Flesh-eating animals have short
intestinal tracts (3 times the length of the animal's body), to
quickly excrete rapidly decaying toxin-producing meat from the system.
Since plant foods decay more slowly than meat, plant-eaters have
intestines at least six times the length of the body. Man has the long
intestinal tract of a herbivore, so if he eats meat, toxins can
overload kidneys and lead to gout, arthritis, rheumatism, and even
cancer.

And then there are chemical added to meat. As soon as an animal is
slaughtered its flesh begins to putrefy, and after several days it
turns a sickly gray-green. The meat industry masks this discoloration
by adding nitrites, nitrates, and other preservatives to give the meat
a bright red color. But research has shown many of these preservatives
to be carcinogenic.9

And what makes the problem worse is the massive amounts of chemicals
fed to livestock. Gary and Steven Null, in their book, 'Poisons in
your Body', show us something that ought to make anyone think twice
before buying another steak or ham. 'The animals are kept alive and
fattened by continuous administration of tranquilizers, hormones,
antibiotics, and 2.700 other drugs. The process starts even before
birth and continues long after death. Although these drugs will still
be present in the meat when you eat it, the law does not require that
they be listed on the package.'10

Because of findings like this, the American National Academy of
Sciences reported in 1983 that, 'people may be able to prevent many
common types of cancer by eating less fatty meats and more vegetables
and grains.'11

But wait a minute! Weren't we human beings designed to be meat-eaters?
Don't we need animal protein? The answer to both these questions is
no. Although some historians and anthropologists say that man is
historically omnivorous, our anatomical equipment - teeth, jaws, and
digestive system - favors a fleshless diet. The American Dietetic
Association notes that 'most of mankind for most of human history has
lived on vegetarian or near-vegetarian diets.'

And much of the world still lives that way. Even in most
industrialized countries the love affair with meat is less than a
hundred years old. It started with the refrigerator, car, and the 20th
century consumer society.

But even in the 20th century, man's body hasn't adapted to eating
meat. The prominent Swedish scientist Karl von Linne states, 'Man's
structure, external and internal, compared with that of the other
animals, shows that fruit and succulent vegetables constitute his
natural food.'

(The chart I have posted several times compare the anatomy of man with
that of carnivorous and herbivorous animals.)

As for the protein question, Dr.Paavo Airola, a leading authority on
nutrition and natural biology, has this to say: 'The official daily
recommendation for protein has gone down from the 150 grams
recommended twenty years ago to only 45 grams today. Why? Because
reliable worldwide research has shown that we do not need so much
protein, that the actual daily need is only 30 to 45 grams. Protein
consumed in excess of the actual daily need is not only wasted, but
actually causes serious harm to the body and is even causatively
related to such killer diseases as cancer and heart diesase. In order
to obtain 45 grams of protein a day from your diet, you do not have to
eat meat; you can get it from a 100% vegetarian diet of a variety of
grains, lentils, nuts, vegetables, and fruits.'12

Dairy products, grains, beans, and nuts are all concentrated sources
of protein. Cheese, peanuts, and lentils, for instance, contain more
protein per ounce than hamburger, pork, or porter-house steak.

Still nutritians thought until recently that only meat, fish, eggs,
and milk products had complete proteins (containing the 8 amino acids
not produced in the body), and that all vegetable proteins were
incomplete (lacking one or more of these amino acids). But research at
the Karolinska Institute in Sweden and the Max Planck Institute in
Germany has shown that most vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, and
grains are excellent sources of complete proteins.

In fact, their proteins are easier to assimilate than those of meat -
and they don't bring with them any toxins. It's nearly impossible to
lack protein if you eat enough natural unrefined food. Remember, the
vegetable kingdom is the real source of ALL protein. Vegetarians
simply eat it 'direct' instead of getting it second-hand from the
vegetarian animals."

Can be had upon request.

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Jahnu

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:43:45 -0500, "Tim" <aaa> wrote:

>FYI. A moose is not a human. Moose have a tendency to be covered in hair.

But a wolf has more hair, so that would defeat your notion that you
need meat to develop layers of fat to keep warm in a cold climate.

>Avacados and what ever else you ate don't grow in -30c. Also you probably
>lived in a heated house. Still moose aren't human. And you call my point
>moronic - ha.

What are we talking about now? Do you mean to say that because they
can't grow vegetables in minus 30 it is alright to slaughter animals
en masse where they CAN grow vegetables and where it is not necessary
to eat meat to survive? Either you are confused or you are being
deliberately obtrusive.

>Like you point out veggies don't grow where Eskimos live. How then can they
>be herbivores?

Who said they were?

>The fat afforded by certain veggies will not help someone
>exposed to the elements.

Sure it will. It's just that the vegetables are not available there.
As you can see in the example with the moose they have no problem
living in extreme cold climates even though they have shorter hairs
than the carnivores who live under the same conditions.

>Again living in a nice heated house doesn't equate
>you with an Eskimo or Siberian.

Is that your argument for eating meat - that eskimos do it? Where is
the sense in that?

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org

Jahnu

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:19:24 -0500, "rick etter"
> wrote:

>Hey stupid, your diet hen causes far more animal deathand suffering than
>almost anybody else.

How do you figure that, meat head?

>Do you think all that imported stuff just falls like
>manna from heaven? The transportation costs alone for your food is a
>massive killer. You are truely one brain dead hypocrite.

As you can see from the facts below the meat industry causes
infinitely more harm and waste of energy than vege-production.

HOW TO WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH A MEAT EATER

Jahnu

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:53:58 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
wrote:

>> BTW, I don't advocate veganism. I advocate vegetarianism. Still mooses
>> don't take milk products.

>What do you suppose happens to the cows who produced the milk that makes
>your cheese after they are no longer productive?

I live in an Indian village, where the cows are allowed to live out
their full natural lifespan.

Apart from that do you mean to say, that it is alright to slaughter
animals in the billions every year in automated slaughter houses,
because the animals are also being exploited by the dairy industry?

Then you make the mistake of thinking that two wrongs make one right.

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Jahnu

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:48:35 -0500, "rick etter"
> wrote:

>LOL Then why do you keep responding idiot? And I might add, responding nut
>never addressing what is dais. Why you doing all the tap dancing and
>dodging, killer?

Because I love to see you squirm and make an ass out yourself,
meat-head.

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Jahnu

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:22:24 -0500, "rick etter"
> wrote:

>"Jahnu" > wrote in message

>> HOW TO WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH A MEAT EATER

>==================
>Something you've never done, killer.

Oh, but I have, meat-head. The facts don't go away no matter how much
you deny them.

>> The New York Times, Tuesday, June 20,

>snippage of 'factoids' that have no bearing on the massive amounts of death
>and suffering *you* cause by you diet.

Nothing causes so much suffering to highly sensitive living entities
and ruins the environment as the meat production.

>Are you really so stupid as to believe that a veg*n diet in the far north is
>benificial to animals overall?

If more people go vegetarian less animals suffer, that's just common
sense. It doesn't whether they live in the far north or not. The meat
production is only the second largest business in the world because
there are so many meat-heads like you.

> ou really need to feed those two braincells
>of yours if you do, killer.
>
>Now, go have that nice blood-drenched dinner, hypocrite.

No thanks. I know it must be hard for a die hard meat-head like you to
fathom that you can live without meat, but I can assure you it is
quite possible. Not only is it possible, but your quality of life will
improve so much more by turning to a vegetarian diet.

Just to hammer home the point once more, so that everybody can see how
clueless you a

HOW TO WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH A MEAT EATER

Russ Thompson

The Hunger Argument

Number of people worldwide who will die of starvation this year: 60
million.
Number of people who could be adequately fed with the grain saved if
Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10 perc.: 60 million
Human beings in America: 243 million
Number of people who could be fed with grain and soybeans now eaten by
U.S. livestock: 1.3 billion
Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by people: 20
Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 80
Percentage of oats grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 95
Percentage of protein waste by cycling grain through livestock: 99
How frequently a child starves to death: every 2 seconds
Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on an ac 20.OOO

*** Much to my surpise I have discovered that there are certain people who
actually buy into the above.
My question for those people is if you are under the impression that
the above could be true what is your opinion of CRP?
For those that don't know CRP is the program where the FSA pays land
owners not to grow crops on their land. Normal contracts are for 10 years
and the land must me planted to grass and left alone. In exchange the land
owner recieves a direct payment that is usually about 150% of the local
going rate for rented farm land. Currently there are millions of acres in
this program in the USA.

Kala Thompson
Farmer
Richland Center, Wi USA

Michael Saunby

"Russ Thompson" > wrote in message
> The Hunger Argument
>
> Number of people worldwide who will die of starvation this year: 60
> million.

Yet the global population will continue to rise at a significant rate.
Though of course Africa is affected significantly by starvation in many
countries, and of course the 2 million children a year who die from
diarrhea and the ever worsening problem of AIDs will take another 3 million
souls in 2004, and there are plenty of other diseases that aren't just
killing people but really destroying quality of life. Perhaps we could
feed more people, but what would they then die of?

See http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_health/

> Number of people who could be adequately fed with the grain saved if
> Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10 perc.: 60 million

A human being cannot adequately be fed on nothing but grain. Clearly this
is a lie!

> Human beings in America: 243 million
> Number of people who could be fed with grain and soybeans now eaten by
> U.S. livestock: 1.3 billion
> Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by people: 20
> Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 80

Perhaps Americans don't wish to live on grain. Does anyone?

> Percentage of oats grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 95
> Percentage of protein waste by cycling grain through livestock: 99
> How frequently a child starves to death: every 2 seconds
> Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on an ac 20.OOO

Or potato. Which of course are a really bugger to store so populations
that become dependent on potatoes must have good harvests every year. With
really good pesticides and plenty of water I guess this can be done, but
would you want to bet your population on it?

> *** Much to my surpise I have discovered that there are certain people

who
> actually buy into the above.

Of course there are, though not as many as believe in alien abductions.
Still too many though.

> My question for those people is if you are under the impression that
> the above could be true what is your opinion of CRP?

Now you're expecting them to have some grasp of economics and politics
which they're unlikely to cover until they get to "big school".

> For those that don't know CRP is the program where the FSA pays

land
> owners not to grow crops on their land. Normal contracts are for 10 years
> and the land must me planted to grass and left alone. In exchange the

land
> owner recieves a direct payment that is usually about 150% of the local
> going rate for rented farm land. Currently there are millions of acres in
> this program in the USA.
>
> Kala Thompson
> Farmer
> Richland Center, Wi USA

Michael Saunby

Jonathan Ball

Jahnu wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:09:43 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> > wrote:
>

>>Jahnu wrote:

>>>Constitution? You forget I am from Europe. I couldn't care less about
>>>your constitution.

>>Irrelevant, and truly a stupid, ****witted dodge. The
>>point is that stupid irrational "vegans" want to
>>overthrow the legitimate, lawful, constitutional
>>governments wherever they are, in order to impose their
>>benighted values on others.

> Not me. I just hate atheist meat-heads.

We already knew you were all about hate. Hate is a
defining characteristic of "veganism".

>>>Anyone who supports the mass slaughter of animals in the modern
>>>consumer culture must be completely devoid of any empathy towards
>>>other living entities.

>>False. Repeating it, and using more words to do so,
>>will not make it true. Your claim is false.

> According to who?

According to the fact you haven't supported your claim.

>>No, you are not stating facts. You are venting your
>>spleen; nothing more.

> I am merely stating facts, that's all.

You are not stating facts; you are merely venting your
spleen, letting your ugly hatred run away with you.

>>Yes, it is. It is a rational observation of you and
>>your social milieu.

Jonathan Ball

Default Grain-fed humans?

Michael Saunby wrote:

> "Russ Thompson" > wrote in message
>
>>The Hunger Argument
>>
>>Number of people worldwide who will die of starvation this year: 60
>>million.

> Yet the global population will continue to rise at a significant rate.
> Though of course Africa is affected significantly by starvation in many
> countries, and of course the 2 million children a year who die from
> diarrhea and the ever worsening problem of AIDs will take another 3 million
> souls in 2004, and there are plenty of other diseases that aren't just
> killing people but really destroying quality of life. Perhaps we could
> feed more people, but what would they then die of?
>
> See http://www.usaid.gov/our_work/global_health/
>

>>Number of people who could be adequately fed with the grain saved if
>>Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10 perc.: 60 million

> A human being cannot adequately be fed on nothing but grain. Clearly this
> is a lie!

Stated as it is, it is worse than a lie; it's an entire
fantasy.

Whenever "vegan" fruitcakes start ranting about the
eeeeeevils of feeding grain to livestock, they make the
most unbelievable, simplistic assumption that the VERY
SAME GRAIN could be fed to "starving" people elsewhere
in the world instead of to cattle. The fatuous belief
ignores two crucial points:

1. Much of the "grain" fed to livestock is not edible
by humans. Corn silage, for example, includes the
entire plant, chopped to bits; the stalks, cobs and
husks are indigestible to humans. A lot of the
true grain is of a quality that humans won't eat.

2. There are already massive, heavily subsidized
surpluses of human edible foodstuffs, in both North
America and Europe. That this food isn't simply
being given to "starving" people in Africa and Asia
ought to tell the "vegans" something.

This second point is really the key one. "vegans" seem
to think that if the livestock feed weren't being fed
to animals, it would simply be given away to "starving"
people. Exactly what is supposed to be the mechanism
for this? North American and European farmers don't
produce food merely to give it away; they expect to be
paid for it. Livestock feed is *bought* from farmers
by feedlot operators and livestock farmers; the grain
farmers expect to be paid by someone if they are to
grow the grain in the first place.

The idiot "vegans" also ignore the fact that in many of
the places in Africa where there are "starving" people,
there is plenty of food available. The problems are
distribution problems, not production problems. Some
of the distribution problems are deliberate actions by
despotic governments and local warlords, who use
starvation as a war tactic against minority groups.
The rest are from government destruction of market
mechanisms.

The problem of world hunger has NOTHING to do with
Americans and Europeans feeding grain to livestock.

>>Human beings in America: 243 million
>>Number of people who could be fed with grain and soybeans now eaten by
>>U.S. livestock: 1.3 billion
>>Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by people: 20
>>Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 80

> Perhaps Americans don't wish to live on grain. Does anyone?
>

>>Percentage of oats grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 95
>>Percentage of protein waste by cycling grain through livestock: 99
>>How frequently a child starves to death: every 2 seconds
>>Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on an ac 20.OOO
>>

> Or potato. Which of course are a really bugger to store so populations
> that become dependent on potatoes must have good harvests every year. With
> really good pesticides and plenty of water I guess this can be done, but
> would you want to bet your population on it?
>

>>*** Much to my surpise I have discovered that there are certain people
>>who actually buy into the above.

> Of course there are, though not as many as believe in alien abductions.
> Still too many though.
>

>> My question for those people is if you are under the impression that
>>the above could be true what is your opinion of CRP?

> Now you're expecting them to have some grasp of economics and politics
> which they're unlikely to cover until they get to "big school".
>

>> For those that don't know CRP is the program where the FSA pays land
>>owners not to grow crops on their land. Normal contracts are for 10 years
>>and the land must me planted to grass and left alone. In exchange the land
>>owner recieves a direct payment that is usually about 150% of the local
>>going rate for rented farm land. Currently there are millions of acres in
>>this program in the USA.
>>
>>Kala Thompson
>>Farmer
>>Richland Center, Wi USA
>>

> Michael Saunby

Jahnu

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:33:16 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> wrote:

>Jahnu wrote:

>> Not me. I just hate atheist meat-heads.

>We already knew you were all about hate. Hate is a
>defining characteristic of "veganism".

Of course. What'd you expect? You hate the animals and ruin the
environment. Why shouldn't we hate you. But as Christ said, hate not
the sinner but the sin. So the sin is wanton animal slaughter. And for
the umtieth time, I am not a vegan. I am vegetarian.

>> According to who?

>According to the fact you haven't supported your claim.

Is that your belief or do you have something to support that claim
with?

>You are not stating facts; you are merely venting your
>spleen, letting your ugly hatred run away with you.

Not running away. I am deliberately like that to make a point. I don't
expect you to get it, but maybe somebody else will.

-jahnu
www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Benfez

Strooth Jahnu, I know they brainwash folks at Krishna concentration camps,
but they've really done a number on you.
Did you forget about all the peace and love, my sweet lord and all that
garbage. Go back to your books instead of spouting your hate and
intollerance.

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> [...]

> Occupation with highest rate of on-the-job injury in
> U.S:slaughterhouse worker
>
> Cost to render animal unconscious with captive bolt pistol before
> slaughter.: 1 cent
>
> Reason given by meat industry for non using that pistol: too expensive
>

> The Survival Argument
>
> Athlete to win Ironman Triathlon more than twice: Dave Scott (6 time
> winner) Food choices of Dave Scott: Vegetarian
>
> Largest meat eater than ever lived: Tyrannosaurus Rex
>
> Last sighting of Tyrannosaurus Rex: 100.000.000 B.C.
>

> Famous pop stars - vegetarians:
> -------------------------------
> Candice Bergen, David Bowie, Paul Mc Cartney, Darryl Hannah, Janet
> Jackson, k.d.lang, Sting
>
> 'I am a great eater of beef, and I believe that does harm to my wit.'
> --William Shakespeare "Twelfth Night," Act I, Scene 3

Jahnu

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:55:07 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
wrote:

>The Hunger Argument
>
>Number of people worldwide who will die of starvation this year: 60
>million.
>Number of people who could be adequately fed with the grain saved if
>Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10 perc.: 60 million
>Human beings in America: 243 million
>Number of people who could be fed with grain and soybeans now eaten by
>U.S. livestock: 1.3 billion
>Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by people: 20
>Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 80
>Percentage of oats grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 95
>Percentage of protein waste by cycling grain through livestock: 99
>How frequently a child starves to death: every 2 seconds
>Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on an ac 20.OOO
>

>*** Much to my surpise I have discovered that there are certain people who
>actually buy into the above.

Much to my surprise I have discovered that there are certain people
who actually willfully choose to live in denial of the above.

> My question for those people is if you are under the impression that
>the above could be true what is your opinion of CRP?

It couldn't be very high, could it?

> For those that don't know CRP is the program where the FSA pays land
>owners not to grow crops on their land. Normal contracts are for 10 years
>and the land must me planted to grass and left alone. In exchange the land
>owner recieves a direct payment that is usually about 150% of the local
>going rate for rented farm land. Currently there are millions of acres in
>this program in the USA.

Can you prove that? Or do you really want us to just take your word
for it?

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Jonathan Ball

Jahnu wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:33:16 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> > wrote:
>

>>Jahnu wrote:

>>>Not me. I just hate atheist meat-heads.

>>We already knew you were all about hate. Hate is a
>>defining characteristic of "veganism".

> Of course.

Yes, of course: you hate those who disagree with you.

> What'd you expect?

Exactly what you demonstrated.

> You hate the animals

False.

> and ruin the environment.

False.

> Why shouldn't we hate you. But as Christ said, hate not
> the sinner but the sin.

So, you're a lesser person for not being able to follow
that dictum. You hate meat eaters, not the meat eating.

> So the sin is wanton animal slaughter.

It is not a sin. You are an idiot for thinking it is.

YOU cause wanton animal slaughter, too. Do you hate
yourself?

> And for
> the umtieth time, I am not a vegan. I am vegetarian.

Your "vegetarianism" is of the so-called "ethical"
vegetarian variety. Philosophically, there isn't a
pfennig's worth of difference between you and "vegans".
You're all full of hate, and you're all the most
brazen liars.

>>>According to who?

>>According to the fact you haven't supported your claim.

> Is that your belief or do you have something to support that claim
> with?

I have the observation that you haven't supported your
claim. You have made the claim, without support, and
when asked to support it, you have merely restated the
claim.

The claim is without support. It is merely your
opinion, your hate-filled opinion, and you appear to me
to be ignorant, in addition to full of hate.

>>You are not stating facts; you are merely venting your
>>spleen, letting your ugly hatred run away with you.

> Not running away.

Running away. You are a coward.

> I am deliberately like that to make a point.

You are deliberately like that because you are a
hate-filled coward.

Jonathan Ball

Jahnu wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:55:07 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
> wrote:
>

>>The Hunger Argument
>>
>>Number of people worldwide who will die of starvation this year: 60
>>million.
>>Number of people who could be adequately fed with the grain saved if
>>Americans reduced their intake of meat by 10 perc.: 60 million
>>Human beings in America: 243 million
>>Number of people who could be fed with grain and soybeans now eaten by
>>U.S. livestock: 1.3 billion
>>Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by people: 20
>>Percentage of corn grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 80
>>Percentage of oats grown in the U.S. eaten by livestock: 95
>>Percentage of protein waste by cycling grain through livestock: 99
>>How frequently a child starves to death: every 2 seconds
>>Pounds of potatoes that can be grown on an ac 20.OOO
>>

>>*** Much to my surpise I have discovered that there are certain people who
>>actually buy into the above.

> Much to my surprise I have discovered that there are certain people
> who actually willfully choose to live in denial of the above.

"The above" is bullshit; unadulterated bullshit. The
problem of world hunger has nothing to do with feeding
grain to livestock.

Jonathan Ball

Benfez wrote:

> Strooth Jahnu, I know they brainwash folks at Krishna concentration camps,
> but they've really done a number on you.
> Did you forget about all the peace and love, my sweet lord and all that
> garbage. Go back to your books instead of spouting your hate and
> intollerance.

Exactly. So-called "ethical" vegetarians are ALWAYS
full of this kind of irrational hatred. You ALWAYS
find that when you find people like them for whom
morality is based on a comparison with others, rather
than just doing what is right.

> [...]

>>Occupation with highest rate of on-the-job injury in
>>U.S:slaughterhouse worker
>>
>>Cost to render animal unconscious with captive bolt pistol before
>>slaughter.: 1 cent
>>
>>Reason given by meat industry for non using that pistol: too expensive
>>

>>The Survival Argument
>>
>>Athlete to win Ironman Triathlon more than twice: Dave Scott (6 time
>>winner) Food choices of Dave Scott: Vegetarian
>>
>>Largest meat eater than ever lived: Tyrannosaurus Rex
>>
>>Last sighting of Tyrannosaurus Rex: 100.000.000 B.C.
>>

>>Famous pop stars - vegetarians:
>>-------------------------------
>>Candice Bergen, David Bowie, Paul Mc Cartney, Darryl Hannah, Janet
>>Jackson, k.d.lang, Sting
>>
>>'I am a great eater of beef, and I believe that does harm to my wit.'
>>--William Shakespeare "Twelfth Night," Act I, Scene 3

Jahnu

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:03:45 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> wrote:

>Jahnu wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 15:33:16 GMT, Jonathan Ball
>> > wrote:

>>>We already knew you were all about hate. Hate is a
>>>defining characteristic of "veganism".

>> Of course.

>Yes, of course: you hate those who disagree with you.

Not at all. I hate those who don't care about other living entities
and ruin nature for profit and sense gratification.

>So, you're a lesser person for not being able to follow
>that dictum. You hate meat eaters, not the meat eating.

I hate meat eaters because they see highly sensitive living entities
as meat racks and keep them for slaughter. I hate them because of
their lack of empathy and focus on economy and profit instead of what
is right and sensible and merciful towards others.

>It is not a sin. You are an idiot for thinking it is.

It is completely sinful to slaughter animals like it is done in the
modern coca cola culture, and everyone is going to suffer the horrible
consequences.

>YOU cause wanton animal slaughter, too. Do you hate
>yourself?

How do I cause wanton animal slaughter? Would you like to explain
yourself?

>Your "vegetarianism" is of the so-called "ethical"
>vegetarian variety. Philosophically, there isn't a
>pfennig's worth of difference between you and "vegans".
> You're all full of hate, and you're all the most
>brazen liars.

I think it is quite clear who is full of hate and venom and who hates
the truth here. You are completely shameless in your ignorance.

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org

Jahnu

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:43:45 -0000, "Benfez"
> wrote:

>Strooth Jahnu, I know they brainwash folks at Krishna concentration camps,
>but they've really done a number on you.
>Did you forget about all the peace and love, my sweet lord and all that
>garbage. Go back to your books instead of spouting your hate and
>intollerance.

YOU are spouting hate and intolerance and countless cruelties towards
other living entities. I am speaking the truth and anyone who is
truthful will accept it.

I have presented arguments and scientific facts in favor of my
position. You have presented nothing except being cantankerous and
obnoxiously and blindly denying all the facts.

Admit defeat or go jump in a lake, moron.

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Jahnu

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:04:39 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> wrote:

>"The above" is bullshit; unadulterated bullshit. The
>problem of world hunger has nothing to do with feeding
>grain to livestock.

Of course it has. Keeping animals for slaughter is grossly sinful.

www.krishna.com
www.iskcon.org
Russ Thompson

> Or potato. Which of course are a really bugger to store so populations
> that become dependent on potatoes must have good harvests every year.

With
> really good pesticides and plenty of water I guess this can be done, but
> would you want to bet your population on it?

*** Not to mention that land that can grow good crops of grain is not
suitable for growing potatos.

Kala

Russ Thompson

> Much to my surprise I have discovered that there are certain people
> who actually willfully choose to live in denial of the above.

*** I feel sorry for you. People must take advantage of you all the time.

> It couldn't be very high, could it?

*** It could be.

> > For those that don't know CRP is the program where the FSA pays

land
> >owners not to grow crops on their land. Normal contracts are for 10 years
> >and the land must me planted to grass and left alone. In exchange the

land
> >owner recieves a direct payment that is usually about 150% of the local
> >going rate for rented farm land. Currently there are millions of acres in
> >this program in the USA.

> Can you prove that? Or do you really want us to just take your word
> for it?

*** Yes I can prove it. However I have better things to do that look up info
on government programs that you could easily find everything you wanted to
know with a simple web search.
Do you doubt that the US government actually has the CRP?

Kala

Russ Thompson

> I agree. That's why I point it out to you.
> www.krishna.com
> www.iskcon.org

Why are you so mean?

Kala

Russ Thompson

> Of course it has. Keeping animals for slaughter is grossly sinful.
> www.krishna.com
> www.iskcon.org

*** "sinful"? According to who? Some religion or cult? According to the bald
people who beg at the airport?

Kala

Jonathan Ball

Jahnu wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:03:45 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> > wrote:
>
>>Jahnu wrote:

>>>Of course.

>>Yes, of course: you hate those who disagree with you.

> Not at all.

Yes, you do.

> I hate those who don't care about other living entities
> and ruin nature for profit and sense gratification.

No, you hate those who disagree with you, who don't
acknowledge what you wrongly consider to be your
"enlightenment".

>>So, you're a lesser person for not being able to follow
>>that dictum. You hate meat eaters, not the meat eating.

> I hate meat eaters

That's all we need to leave: you hate meat eaters.
You are full of hate, period.

>>It is not a sin. You are an idiot for thinking it is.

> It is completely sinful to slaughter animals like it is done in the
> modern coca cola culture,

No, it isn't. You're just a hysterical person. It
isn't anything to do with the humaneness or lack of it
that bothers you; it's purely aesthetic.

> and everyone is going to suffer the horrible
> consequences.

Nope. There aren't any.

>>YOU cause wanton animal slaughter, too. Do you hate
>>yourself?

> How do I cause wanton animal slaughter? Would you like to explain
> yourself?

Animals are wantonly killed in the course of producing,
storing and distributing your vegetables, the ones you
stupidly think are righteous because they don't contain
animal parts.

How much rice do you eat?

>>Your "vegetarianism" is of the so-called "ethical"
>>vegetarian variety. Philosophically, there isn't a
>>pfennig's worth of difference between you and "vegans".
>> You're all full of hate, and you're all the most
>>brazen liars.

> I think it is quite clear who is full of hate and venom and who hates
> the truth here.

Yes: you.

Jonathan Ball

Jahnu wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:04:39 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> > wrote:
>

>>"The above" is bullshit; unadulterated bullshit. The
>>problem of world hunger has nothing to do with feeding
>>grain to livestock.

> Of course it has.

Nope; nothing to do with it at all.

> Keeping animals for slaughter is grossly sinful.

No, it isn't. You, however, ARE grossly hateful. You
are a very small person.

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:10:05 -0500, "rick etter"
> > wrote:
>
> >yep, that's all you have....

What's the matter loser, can't speak for yourself? Can't address what was
said to you in these hreads? Typical loony that has nothing if it isn't
already cut-n-pasted for him.
Your one remaining brain cell must really be haveing a hard time keeping up
with your ignorance, eh killer?

snippage of, well nothing, as usual.

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:11:38 -0500, "rick etter"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Jahnu" > wrote in message

> >snippage of more from a cut-n-paste bozo that has nothing to say of his

own,
> >mainly because his veagn diet has diminished his one remaining braincell

> >mush...

> At least I have something to cut and paste to support my position.
> What have you posted to support your position, except whine and bicker
> over the irrefutable facts that I keep sending?

=====================================
No, you don't. The first pile of crap you posted was just that, crap. No
one starves in this world because not enough food isn't produced.
Production is not the problem, tyanical maniacs like you, now that's another
story...

> But keep squirming meat-head. I am going to flood you with facts until
> you finally shut up and crawl back under the stone where you came
> from. Here is some mo

====================
You wouldn't know 'facts' if they bit you in the butt, killer.

snippage of typical crappola alarmist windbag sites....

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:12:59 -0500, "rick etter"
> > wrote:
>
> >That's all he has, cut-n-paste. Never has anything to actually refute

what
> >he doens't like said, and can never really defend his own position.

> HOW TO WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH A MEAT EATER

--------------
ROTFLMAO You've still lost, killer.

snippage of crappola, again...

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:15:31 -0500, "rick etter"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Jahnu" > wrote in message

> >> The reason that they hang out in Vegan news groups and spew their BS
> >> is simply because they don't have anywhere else to vent all the anger
> >> and envy that come from their bad diet.

> >Hey loser, you too should check the headers. How many vegan groups do

you
> >see there? As for diet, check the lists of people who live the longest,
> >they aren't dominated by vegans, killer.

> No, they are dominated by vegetarians, meat-head.

==================
You lose again, stupid...

snippage of more drivel quack-crap...

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:19:24 -0500, "rick etter"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hey stupid, your diet hen causes far more animal deathand suffering than
> >almost anybody else.

> How do you figure that, meat head?

====================
Why do you dishonestly snip out parts of posts without annotating those
snips, killer. Trying to hide you ignorance?

Now, to you ignorance. You do not grow what you eat in northern latitudes
if you are a veg*n. You must import them from places around the world. Why
don't you check out how much energy it takes to ship all your foodstuffs up
there. Care to even think about it? Like most veg*n loons, all you care
about is the death and suffering you think somebody else is causeing,
conveninetly ignoring your own bloody footprints. Now, replace some of your
blood drenched veggies with that one moose. That moose will provide you
with 100s of 1000s of calories. All for the death of one animal, and very
minimal environmental damage. How many animals died to produce, process,
store and shipp those same 100s of 1000s of veggie calories up to you.
Even if you manage to grow a feww crops there, their production still causes
more death and suffering than that one moose. Like most veg*n loons, you
are either 1>deliberately dishonest about your own impact, or 2>terminally
ignorant about you own impact. You choose, killer.

> >Do you think all that imported stuff just falls like
> >manna from heaven? The transportation costs alone for your food is a
> >massive killer. You are truely one brain dead hypocrite.

> As you can see from the facts below the meat industry causes
> infinitely more harm and waste of energy than vege-production.
> ============================

No, it does not. Your typical scree about one monolithic meat industry is
just plain lys. Tell us how that one moose you just talked about, and that
could feed you many, many meals, causes environmental worldwide damage and
waste of energy that even comes close to those that your veggies do. care
to even try? I won't hold my breath for your enlightenment though, killer.

> HOW TO WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH A MEAT EATER

--------------------
you've still lost, killer.

snippage of crappola...

Tim

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:43:45 -0500, "Tim" <aaa> wrote:
>
> >FYI. A moose is not a human. Moose have a tendency to be covered in hair.

> But a wolf has more hair, so that would defeat your notion that you
> need meat to develop layers of fat to keep warm in a cold climate.
>
> >Avacados and what ever else you ate don't grow in -30c. Also you probably
> >lived in a heated house. Still moose aren't human. And you call my point
> >moronic - ha.

> What are we talking about now? Do you mean to say that because they
> can't grow vegetables in minus 30 it is alright to slaughter animals
> en masse where they CAN grow vegetables and where it is not necessary
> to eat meat to survive? Either you are confused or you are being
> deliberately obtrusive.
>
> >Like you point out veggies don't grow where Eskimos live. How then can

they
> >be herbivores?

> Who said they were?
>
> >The fat afforded by certain veggies will not help someone
> >exposed to the elements.

> Sure it will. It's just that the vegetables are not available there.
> As you can see in the example with the moose they have no problem
> living in extreme cold climates even though they have shorter hairs
> than the carnivores who live under the same conditions.
>
> >Again living in a nice heated house doesn't equate
> >you with an Eskimo or Siberian.

> Is that your argument for eating meat - that eskimos do it? Where is
> the sense in that?

Life is not an argument. Humans are omnivores. Bye Bye.

> www.krishna.com
> www.iskcon.org

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:43:45 -0500, "Tim" <aaa> wrote:
>
> >FYI. A moose is not a human. Moose have a tendency to be covered in hair.

> But a wolf has more hair, so that would defeat your notion that you
> need meat to develop layers of fat to keep warm in a cold climate.
>
> >Avacados and what ever else you ate don't grow in -30c. Also you probably
> >lived in a heated house. Still moose aren't human. And you call my point
> >moronic - ha.

> What are we talking about now? Do you mean to say that because they
> can't grow vegetables in minus 30 it is alright to slaughter animals
> en masse where they CAN grow vegetables and where it is not necessary
> to eat meat to survive? Either you are confused or you are being
> deliberately obtrusive.

======================
No, you are being deliberatly ignorant. The production, processing,
storage, and transportation of *your* veggies is what is being called into
question, stupid. If you claim that people shouldn't raise meat where
veggies can grow, then *you* should be eating meat instead of wasteing all
the resources and energy it takes to get veggies to where you are.

> >Like you point out veggies don't grow where Eskimos live. How then can

they
> >be herbivores?

> Who said they were?
>
> >The fat afforded by certain veggies will not help someone
> >exposed to the elements.

> Sure it will. It's just that the vegetables are not available there.

=================
No they aren't, and not only do you have the death and suffering attributed
to their production, but now you've added massive amounts of transportation
to them. All causeing far more animals to die and suffer than if you just
ate that moose that is available to you.

> As you can see in the example with the moose they have no problem
> living in extreme cold climates even though they have shorter hairs
> than the carnivores who live under the same conditions.
>
> >Again living in a nice heated house doesn't equate
> >you with an Eskimo or Siberian.

> Is that your argument for eating meat - that eskimos do it? Where is
> the sense in that?

==================
Where is your sense in killing animals just to transport your veggies to
you? I can see that your one remaining braincell has given up hope on you
and has now fully gone delusional...

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:48:35 -0500, "rick etter"
> > wrote:
>
> >LOL Then why do you keep responding idiot? And I might add, responding

nut
> >never addressing what is dais. Why you doing all the tap dancing and
> >dodging, killer?

> Because I love to see you squirm and make an ass out yourself,
> meat-head.

===============
ROTFLMAO You've yet to come close, killer.

But, it is fun laughing at your stupidity.

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:22:24 -0500, "rick etter"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Jahnu" > wrote in message

> >> HOW TO WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH A MEAT EATER

> >==================
> >Something you've never done, killer.

> Oh, but I have, meat-head. The facts don't go away no matter how much
> you deny them.

=====================
They don't mean anything to the meat argument, killer. All you've done is
again proven your ignorance on the subject.

Do keep it up though, the laughter is healing...

> >> The New York Times, Tuesday, June 20,

> >snippage of 'factoids' that have no bearing on the massive amounts of

death
> >and suffering *you* cause by you diet.

> Nothing causes so much suffering to highly sensitive living entities
> and ruins the environment as the meat production.

==================
Another ly. Is that all you have? Tell us how that moose you could eat
causes all that massive envirornmental damage.
care to start, killer?

> >Are you really so stupid as to believe that a veg*n diet in the far north

is
> >benificial to animals overall?

> If more people go vegetarian less animals suffer,

======================
No, stupid, all you do is change the types of bodies, and then leave the
ones you kill to just rot where they fall.

that's just common
> sense. It doesn't whether they live in the far north or not.

====================
It makes a big difference stupid. That you can't see that says alot about
your deliberate ignorance.

The meat
> production is only the second largest business in the world because
> there are so many meat-heads like you.

=================
No, because it tastes good, provides a healthy diet, and is economaical.

> > ou really need to feed those two braincells
> >of yours if you do, killer.
> >
> >Now, go have that nice blood-drenched dinner, hypocrite.

> No thanks. I know it must be hard for a die hard meat-head like you to
> fathom that you can live without meat, but I can assure you it is
> quite possible. Not only is it possible, but your quality of life will
> improve so much more by turning to a vegetarian diet.

==================
No, it won't. You can't get all the nutrients you need from plants.

> Just to hammer home the point once more, so that everybody can see how
> clueless you a

==================
No, you already the clueless king of usenet comedy, killer....

> HOW TO WIN AN ARGUMENT WITH A MEAT EATER

=============
You've lost, yet again, hypocrite.

snippage of crappola...

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:53:58 -0600, "Russ Thompson" >
> wrote:
>
> >> BTW, I don't advocate veganism. I advocate vegetarianism. Still mooses
> >> don't take milk products.

> >What do you suppose happens to the cows who produced the milk that makes
> >your cheese after they are no longer productive?

> I live in an Indian village, where the cows are allowed to live out
> their full natural lifespan.
>
> Apart from that do you mean to say, that it is alright to slaughter
> animals in the billions every year in automated slaughter houses,

==================
At least they die a humane death, unlike the ones that suffer and die at the
hands of your crop production.
Those mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, and amphibians die gruesome, horrible
deaths all for your cheap, convenient veggies.
Why is it ok to slice, dice, shred, dis-member, and poison these animals,
hypocrite? Oh yeah, because they are the animals *YOU* cause to die, and
you only focus on what you think others are doing, eh killer?

> because the animals are also being exploited by the dairy industry?
>
> Then you make the mistake of thinking that two wrongs make one right.

=================
You're mistake is thinking that your lys make anything 'right'. Too bad
they don't, killer.

> www.krishna.com
> www.iskcon.org

rick etter

"Jahnu" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:04:39 GMT, Jonathan Ball
> > wrote:
>
> >"The above" is bullshit; unadulterated bullshit. The
> >problem of world hunger has nothing to do with feeding
> >grain to livestock.

> Of course it has. Keeping animals for slaughter is grossly sinful.

=================
Killing animals for your selfishness and entertainment is more a sin,
killer. Why do you continue that death and suffering?

> www.krishna.com
> www.iskcon.org

rick etter

"Russ Thompson" > wrote in message
> > Of course it has. Keeping animals for slaughter is grossly sinful.
> > www.krishna.com
> > www.iskcon.org

> *** "sinful"? According to who? Some religion or cult? According to the

bald
> people who beg at the airport?

Veganism is a religion.