Old 21-12-2003, 12:17 AM
t.racer

Default vegan cabbage salad at Pokez

There a Mexican restaurant in San Diego called Pokez and they have a
cabbage salad with an interesting flavor of dressing. But they won't
give out the recipe. They just say it's vegan and won't even give
ingredients. So, how does one solve the mystery?

http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/

Old 21-12-2003, 08:24 PM
t.racer

Welp, the obvious ingredient is pepper because you can see it and
there's definitely some kind of oil, but I can't figure what. And I'm
sure there's salt. Other than that I can't figure it out. I need a
culinary master to go have some and get the recipe for me!

On 21 Dec 2003 00:46:12 -0800, (MrFalafel) wrote:

(t.racer) wrote in message ...
There a Mexican restaurant in San Diego called Pokez and they have a
cabbage salad with an interesting flavor of dressing. But they won't
give out the recipe. They just say it's vegan and won't even give
ingredients. So, how does one solve the mystery?

Perhaps if you describe the salad ingredients/flavours as best you can
maybe someone can come up with a recipe that is similar?

http://www.inetworld.net/thrill/
Old 07-01-2004, 05:52 AM
El stinky

t.racer wrote:
Welp, the obvious ingredient is pepper because you can see it and
there's definitely some kind of oil, but I can't figure what. And I'm
sure there's salt. Other than that I can't figure it out. I need a
culinary master to go have some and get the recipe for me!

I've never been to Pokeez. If you take me there for lunch tommorow and i
will tell you whats in it. Someone yesterday mentioned carrot and that it
was similar in taste to the "tahini" dressing they serve at Dojo on St Marks
in NYC. This is the 2nd time in two days i've heard someone ask what the
dressing at Pokeez was.
Home Of The Tiltwheel
http://listen.to/tiltwheel
singing about dumb stuff for a while now...