MEow

Default Peanut question

I believe it was here someone talked about how to use fresh peanuts in
cooking. I've finally found and bought a packet of whole peanuts, but
have now forgotten how to cook them, and what recipes they're good in.

Can someone help me with this?
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
MEow

While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, MEow of Feline.Inc said:

[replying to myself]

Nevermindforgetaboutit. I just realised that what I've bought is
*roasted* whole peanuts. Does this mean I can't use them in cooking,
like fresh ones?

I shall go and kick myself now. Don't worry; I'll be very humane.
--
Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
ICQ# 251532856
Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN
"and I'm sure you doubt that skeptics exist as well???" drala (a.a.)
Carey

"MEow" > wrote in message
news
> While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, MEow of Feline.Inc said:
>
> [replying to myself]
>
> Nevermindforgetaboutit. I just realised that what I've bought is
> *roasted* whole peanuts. Does this mean I can't use them in cooking,
> like fresh ones?
>
> I shall go and kick myself now. Don't worry; I'll be very humane.
> --
> Nikitta a.a. #1759 Apatriot(No, not apricot)#18
> ICQ# 251532856
> Unreferenced footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemwiki.pl?ISFN
> "and I'm sure you doubt that skeptics exist as well???" drala (a.a.)

Sure, you can use roasted whole peanuts in recipes...but shell them first
and add to stir fries...pad thai noodles...salads...
Hope I understood your question

Carey

MEow

While frolicking around in alt.food.vegan, Carey of Posted via
Supernews, http://www.supernews.com said:

>Sure, you can use roasted whole peanuts in recipes...but shell them first
>and add to stir fries...pad thai noodles...salads...
>Hope I understood your question

Even *I* know to shell them first ;0)
I'm not horribly fond of peanuts, just as peanuts, but thought they
might be interesting in some recipe. I mean; I don't like Tahini,
either, but it's great in Hummous, IYSWIM.