Default Vegan vacation

Are there organized tours or destinations that provide vegan meals?
If you are a vegan, where do you like to travel and how do you rustle
up meals?
A trip such as those offered by http://www.bluewateradventures.bc.ca/
would interest me, but these group do not normally provide vegan
meals.
The closest place I have found for fantastic vegetarian meals and
pleasant surrounding is http://www.breitenbush.com/ . They provide
non-dairy, non-egg, and wheat-free options.
rick etter

> wrote in message ...
> Are there organized tours or destinations that provide vegan meals?
> If you are a vegan, where do you like to travel and how do you rustle
> up meals?
> A trip such as those offered by http://www.bluewateradventures.bc.ca/

======================
Are you really serious. Just one more proof that there are no real vegans
on usenet.

What do you figure all this costs environmentally? And you claim to be
vegan? What a laugh!!

> would interest me, but these group do not normally provide vegan
> meals.
> The closest place I have found for fantastic vegetarian meals and
> pleasant surrounding is http://www.breitenbush.com/ . They provide
> non-dairy, non-egg, and wheat-free options.

MrFalafel

wrote in message >...
> Are there organized tours or destinations that provide vegan meals?
> If you are a vegan, where do you like to travel and how do you rustle
> up meals?
> A trip such as those offered by
http://www.bluewateradventures.bc.ca/
> would interest me, but these group do not normally provide vegan
> meals.
> The closest place I have found for fantastic vegetarian meals and
> pleasant surrounding is http://www.breitenbush.com/ . They provide
> non-dairy, non-egg, and wheat-free options.

I travel pretty much constantly for work and pleasure and have never
really had a problem finding something vegan to eat no matter where I
was. I also abhor package holidays and prefer to plan and run my own
vacations.

If you are interested in those sort of package holidays then I would
suggest calling the travel provider and discussing your dietary
restrictions. One option would be for you to bring and cook your own
meals. These meals could be simple backpacker style one-pot dehydrated
meals that you make package into ziplock bags and mix with water over
a camp stove to make soups/stews/pastas. And then bring along dried
fruits/nuts etc. Or maybe a combination of the food the travel
provider supplies which is then augmented by things you bring your
self. Lots of options.

There are quite a few recipes floating around for vegan 'backpacker
meals'. With a backpack full of these you can go anywhere in the world
you choose without the annoyance of group travel. Let me know if you
are interested in this and I'll post some ideas for food.