Jonathan Ball

Default Is the Catholic communion 'vegan'?

http://www.thingsbahamian.net/phil_a..._eat_negro.mp3

usual suspect

Jonathan Ball wrote:
> http://www.thingsbahamian.net/phil_a..._eat_negro.mp3

Jon, are you a Phil Hendrie fan? I nearly died laughing first time I
heard him. He was doing a bit about NASCAR marketing to gays in an
attempt to broaden NASCAR's appeal. Those ****ed off rednecks were
pretty indignant (and that means funny) with his "NASCAR marketing
consultant" who said things like NASCAR would like to have homosexuals
at the races because they spend more and tend to live in nicer
neighborhoods rather than trailer parks.

Jonathan Ball

usual suspect wrote:

> Jonathan Ball wrote:
>
>> http://www.thingsbahamian.net/phil_a..._eat_negro.mp3

> Jon, are you a Phil Hendrie fan? I nearly died laughing first time I
> heard him. He was doing a bit about NASCAR marketing to gays in an
> attempt to broaden NASCAR's appeal. Those ****ed off rednecks were
> pretty indignant (and that means funny) with his "NASCAR marketing
> consultant" who said things like NASCAR would like to have homosexuals
> at the races because they spend more and tend to live in nicer
> neighborhoods rather than trailer parks.

I've been a HUGE fan since he first moved to L.A. in
1996. I was taken in at first; it probably took me
three episodes to figure it out, and even then, he
fooled me one more time by doing the old black lady, a
voice I didn't imagine he could fake (until I got about
1/3 of the way into the episode).

I still remember the first time I was listening (and
taken in by the gag). His character Doug Dangger, who
had not yet emerged "as a *** man and a ***
journalist", was explaining why Bob Dole was so far
behind Clinton in the opinion polls leading up to the
1996 election. In Dangger's view, it was because
voters were turned off by Dole's horrible and cheap
prosthetic arm. Outraged callers were calling in to
tell Dangger that Dole does *not* have a prosthetic
arm, that it was badly injured in WWII, and how *dare*
Dangger make fun of a war hero, etc. Dangger insisted
it is a prosthetic arm, and even said he was surprised
that Dole was using such a cheap model, because he
(Dangger) had been to the factory in New Jersey where
Dole got his prosthetic arm, and they made MUCH nicer
models...

Hendrie is the sharpest guy on the radio, bar none.

Ray

"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> usual suspect wrote:
>
> > Jonathan Ball wrote:

http://www.thingsbahamian.net/phil_a..._eat_negro.mp3

> > Jon, are you a Phil Hendrie fan? I nearly died laughing first time I
> > heard him. He was doing a bit about NASCAR marketing to gays in an
> > attempt to broaden NASCAR's appeal. Those ****ed off rednecks were
> > pretty indignant (and that means funny) with his "NASCAR marketing
> > consultant" who said things like NASCAR would like to have homosexuals
> > at the races because they spend more and tend to live in nicer
> > neighborhoods rather than trailer parks.

> I've been a HUGE fan since he first moved to L.A. in
> 1996. I was taken in at first; it probably took me
> three episodes to figure it out, and even then, he
> fooled me one more time by doing the old black lady, a
> voice I didn't imagine he could fake (until I got about
> 1/3 of the way into the episode).
>
> I still remember the first time I was listening (and
> taken in by the gag). His character Doug Dangger, who
> had not yet emerged "as a *** man and a ***
> journalist", was explaining why Bob Dole was so far
> behind Clinton in the opinion polls leading up to the
> 1996 election. In Dangger's view, it was because
> voters were turned off by Dole's horrible and cheap
> prosthetic arm. Outraged callers were calling in to
> tell Dangger that Dole does *not* have a prosthetic
> arm, that it was badly injured in WWII, and how *dare*
> Dangger make fun of a war hero, etc. Dangger insisted
> it is a prosthetic arm, and even said he was surprised
> that Dole was using such a cheap model, because he
> (Dangger) had been to the factory in New Jersey where
> Dole got his prosthetic arm, and they made MUCH nicer
> models...
>
> Hendrie is the sharpest guy on the radio, bar none.

Stay on the topic of the NG ~~jonnie~~
We are not interested in your entertainmant taste.

usual suspect

Jonathan Ball wrote:
<...>
> I've been a HUGE fan since he first moved to L.A. in 1996. I was taken
> in at first; it probably took me three episodes to figure it out, and
> even then, he fooled me one more time by doing the old black lady, a
> voice I didn't imagine he could fake (until I got about 1/3 of the way
> into the episode).

I probably would've been fooled if I hadn't already heard of him.

> I still remember the first time I was listening (and taken in by the
> gag). His character Doug Dangger, who had not yet emerged "as a *** man
> and a *** journalist", was explaining why Bob Dole was so far behind
> Clinton in the opinion polls leading up to the 1996 election. In
> Dangger's view, it was because voters were turned off by Dole's horrible
> and cheap prosthetic arm. Outraged callers were calling in to tell
> Dangger that Dole does *not* have a prosthetic arm, that it was badly
> injured in WWII, and how *dare* Dangger make fun of a war hero, etc.
> Dangger insisted it is a prosthetic arm, and even said he was surprised
> that Dole was using such a cheap model, because he (Dangger) had been to
> the factory in New Jersey where Dole got his prosthetic arm, and they
> made MUCH nicer models...

That's funny. It's hilarious that newswires have picked up some of Steve
Bosell's "lawsuits."

http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/philhendrie/lawsuits.html

> Hendrie is the sharpest guy on the radio, bar none.

I've enjoyed his "news even football players can understand" bits.
Unfortunately, I get his show on the San Antonio Spurs Radio Network
flagship. His show is pre-empted a lot during basketball season both for
games and the post-game "Manu Ginobli rules, why isn't he getting to
play 59 minutes a game?" and "we would've won if David hadn't retired"
call-in show.