tofubar

Default Nutrients

I think I've figured it out. You can only get certain nutrients by
eating a varied omnivorous diet (there's more than just what's listed
on vitamin supplements). I think my friend is starting to realize this
too. A bit of fish with that salad and black bean soup makes quite a
difference, there is still so little we know about nutrition. But all
I know is that a varied diet can work wonders for health.
Michael Balarama

"tofubar" > wrote in message
om...
> I think I've figured it out. You can only get certain nutrients by
> eating a varied omnivorous diet (there's more than just what's listed
> on vitamin supplements). I think my friend is starting to realize this
> too. A bit of fish with that salad and black bean soup makes quite a
> difference, there is still so little we know about nutrition. But all
> I know is that a varied diet can work wonders for health.

The Famous Dr. Bernard Jenson read my eyes for health problems in 1970's and
suggested I eat fish -I never saw him again-He had a little office in LA and
would see people for $10 and give you a health reading
Michael

usual suspect

tofubar wrote:
> I think I've figured it out. You can only get certain nutrients by
> eating a varied omnivorous diet (there's more than just what's listed
> on vitamin supplements). I think my friend is starting to realize this
> too. A bit of fish with that salad and black bean soup makes quite a
> difference, there is still so little we know about nutrition. But all
> I know is that a varied diet can work wonders for health.

Variation insures that you get many different nutrients, but not
necessarily that you get enough of any. Stale diets lead to stale (or
worse) health. That goes for any kind of diet, whether it includes meat
or not.

usual suspect

Michael Balarama wrote:
> The Famous Dr. Bernard Jenson read my eyes for health problems in 1970's and
> suggested I eat fish -I never saw him again-He had a little office in LA and
> would see people for $10 and give you a health reading

Iridology is sheer quackery. It has no scientific basis at all. Jenson
was a huckster -- his training was in chiropractic (which is also
pseudoscientific), not medicine. The second link below has some alarming
information about a study involving Jenson's ability to detect kidney
disease.

http://www.healthwatcher.net/Quackerywatch/Iridology/
http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...iridology.html
Among many other sites.

I know you won't eat fish, but it *can* be a very healthful addition to
one's diet. This is especially true for people with high LDL and/or low
HDL, as well as heart disease itself.

Laurie

PLEASE limit posts to alt.food.vegan.SCIENCE to scientific topics.
Thank you.

Laurie Forti
Moderator
alt.food.vegan.science
==============

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Michael Balarama wrote:
> > The Famous Dr. Bernard Jenson read my eyes for health problems in 1970's

and
> > suggested I eat fish -I never saw him again-He had a little office in LA

and
> > would see people for $10 and give you a health reading

> Iridology is sheer quackery. It has no scientific basis at all. Jenson
> was a huckster -- his training was in chiropractic (which is also
> pseudoscientific), not medicine. The second link below has some alarming
> information about a study involving Jenson's ability to detect kidney
> disease.
>
> http://www.healthwatcher.net/Quackerywatch/Iridology/
> http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...iridology.html
> Among many other sites.
>
> I know you won't eat fish, but it *can* be a very healthful addition to
> one's diet. This is especially true for people with high LDL and/or low
> HDL, as well as heart disease itself.

Jonathan Ball

Laurie wrote:

> PLEASE limit posts to alt.food.vegan.SCIENCE to scientific topics.
> Thank you.

It was. Shut up, ANTI-scientific quack.

> Laurie Forti
> Moderator
> alt.food.vegan.science

You're a liar in addition to being a quack, Larry:
alt.food.vegan.science has no moderator, in addition to
having no science.