MrFalafel

Default Sloppy Joes

Sloppy Joes

Sauté 1 large onion, diced and 2 medium green peppers, diced, in 3 tbsp oil.

Add:
1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1-2 tbsp chilli powder
a good pinch of black pepper
2-3 tsp salt
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cups dry TVP

Simmer together 30 minutes and serve over buns.
Rubystars

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
om...
> Sloppy Joes
>
> Sauté 1 large onion, diced and 2 medium green peppers, diced, in 3 tbsp

oil.

> Add:
> 1 1/2 cups boiling water
> 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
> 1-2 tbsp chilli powder
> a good pinch of black pepper
> 2-3 tsp salt
> 1 tbsp soy sauce
> 1 tbsp mustard
> 2 tbsp sugar
> 1 1/2 cups dry TVP
>
> Simmer together 30 minutes and serve over buns.

I cut up some extra firm Mori Nu lite tofu into small cubes (extra firm is
carried by Kroger! yay!) and heated them up with a little olive oil in the
pan, set them aside, then I cooked together some chopped onions (a cup or
so) half a bottle of classico spaghetti sauce, with a squirt of BBQ sauce. I
simmered that together until the onions were cooked and then put the tofu
into it and let it sit that way for a while so the tofu would marinate. Then
I brought it back to a boil and let it boil for about 5 minutes stirring it
so it wouldn't stick too badly to the pot.

That made awesome sloppy joes too.

-Rubystars

MrFalafel

"Rubystars" > wrote in message >...
> "MrFalafel" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Sloppy Joes
> >
> > Sauté 1 large onion, diced and 2 medium green peppers, diced, in 3 tbsp

> oil.
> >
> > Add:
> > 1 1/2 cups boiling water
> > 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
> > 1-2 tbsp chilli powder
> > a good pinch of black pepper
> > 2-3 tsp salt
> > 1 tbsp soy sauce
> > 1 tbsp mustard
> > 2 tbsp sugar
> > 1 1/2 cups dry TVP
> >
> > Simmer together 30 minutes and serve over buns.

> I cut up some extra firm Mori Nu lite tofu into small cubes (extra firm is
> carried by Kroger! yay!) and heated them up with a little olive oil in the
> pan, set them aside, then I cooked together some chopped onions (a cup or
> so) half a bottle of classico spaghetti sauce, with a squirt of BBQ sauce. I
> simmered that together until the onions were cooked and then put the tofu
> into it and let it sit that way for a while so the tofu would marinate. Then
> I brought it back to a boil and let it boil for about 5 minutes stirring it
> so it wouldn't stick too badly to the pot.
>
> That made awesome sloppy joes too.
>
> -Rubystars

Thats' very similar to a BBQ tofu recipe I used to do.

Saute an onion and garlic (and perhaps a jalapeno or two) in a pan
with a dash of oil. When the onions are soft, add cubed tofu and saute
until the tofu gets brown around the edges. Add a half a cup or more
of BBQ sauce, bring to a simmer and serve over open buns.
Rubystars

"MrFalafel" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Thats' very similar to a BBQ tofu recipe I used to do.
>
> Saute an onion and garlic (and perhaps a jalapeno or two) in a pan
> with a dash of oil. When the onions are soft, add cubed tofu and saute
> until the tofu gets brown around the edges. Add a half a cup or more
> of BBQ sauce, bring to a simmer and serve over open buns.

Sounds good.

-Rubystars

Do You Like Sloppy Joes? Judy Haffner General Cooking 42 10-03-2012 05:35 PM
Sloppy Joes Curtis[_2_] General Cooking 78 17-04-2009 08:16 AM
Sloppy Joes D.Currie General Cooking 48 01-07-2006 04:21 PM
Sloppy Joes Duckie ® Recipes 0 29-10-2005 03:33 PM
Sloppy Joes Joshuall General Cooking 9 15-09-2004 10:16 PM