Old 14-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Max2

Default Black Bean Soup questions

I've been vegan for almost three weeks now and plan to stay with it. Panera
Bread Company makes a great low-fat vegetarian black bean soup, which I'd
love to try and duplicate. if anyone has a good-tasting recipe of their own
that I can use, I would appreciate it. or if anyone wants to take a stab at
coming up with the proportions I need to use to duplicate panera's I would
also appreciate that. I cook cuz I have to, but it doesn't come naturally
to me.

Panera's soup: Plump black turtle beans simmered in a spicy vegetarian
broth with onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, garlic and cumin.

thanks,
Max

Old 14-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Momzilla

"Max2" wrote in message

Panera's soup: Plump black turtle beans simmered in a spicy vegetarian
broth with onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, garlic and cumin.

thanks,
Max

Whenever you need a copycat recipe check here
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/

and here
http://www.copykat.com/asp/recipes.asp

neither site has the recipe you're looking for but you can e-mail them with
a request.

good luck

-nancy-

Old 15-11-2003, 09:01 AM
MrFalafel

"Max2" wrote in message m...
I've been vegan for almost three weeks now and plan to stay with it. Panera
Bread Company makes a great low-fat vegetarian black bean soup, which I'd
love to try and duplicate. if anyone has a good-tasting recipe of their own
that I can use, I would appreciate it. or if anyone wants to take a stab at
coming up with the proportions I need to use to duplicate panera's I would
also appreciate that. I cook cuz I have to, but it doesn't come naturally
to me.

Panera's soup: Plump black turtle beans simmered in a spicy vegetarian
broth with onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, garlic and cumin.

thanks,
Max

I'm unfamiliar with that brand of soup but here are a few classic
black bean soup recipes that you may want to try:

http://vegweb.com/food/soup/5219.shtml
http://vegweb.com/food/soup/3134.shtml
http://www.vegan-food.net/index.cgi?972
http://vegweb.com/food/soup/420.shtml

REC: Black Bean Soup Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] General Cooking 3 04-05-2011 09:57 AM
REC: Black bean soup Peter A General Cooking 4 06-01-2007 11:36 PM
Black Beans - Cuban Black Bean Soup Langerhans Diabetic 0 10-07-2005 09:04 PM
Black Bean Soup Duckie Recipes 0 27-03-2005 07:11 PM
Black Bean Soup Duckie Recipes 0 27-03-2005 07:11 PM