Michael Cerkowski

Default Warning about "Michael's" Herbal Supplements - no longer vegetarian

This company has been pulling a 'fast one' on vegetarians. While
several of their supplements used to be labelled "vegetarian", if you
check the front label on new stock you will see that this has been
replaced with 'no glandular extracts'. The front labels are otherwise
identical to the previous ones, as are the rear labels. The ingredient
lists are the same, but they are now adding gelatin as a binder and not
listing it as an ingredient. I know this because I emailed the company.

Gaia Herbs has line of "Phyto Caps" supplements that are roughly
equivalent to most of Michael's (no relation, BTW ;-) products, and they
are "100% vegetarian". I'm sure there are other equivalents out there as
well.

--

http://www.albany.net/~mjc1/index.html