Woof Ridge

Default Easy salad dinner

Had a successful, simple, salad dinner last night?

Something based on Kake's cauliflower salad:
http://tinyurl.com/sj1m
where I steamed the veg first, omitted the garlic and coriander leaf,
added the salt to the dressing and then substituted plain old curry
powder for garam masala. Changed it completely, now that I think about
it, but got the inspiration from Kake's recipe

Peeled sweet potatoes, and chopped into bite sized pieces, roasted at
450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, then mixed with dried
chopped cranberries, chopped walnuts, and a dressing of lemon juice,
orange juice, olive oil, and a bit of rice vinegar. I had this at a
friends, and think she got it from a cookbook, but again I made up my
version.

Bagged washed green salad (Italian variety) with a dressing of 1 part
soy sauce, 1 part rice vinegar, some crushed garlic, and a bit of
sweetener. I'd have preferred rice syrup, but didn't have any, so I
used honey. I'd been trying to duplicate the dressing I've had at
Sunflower, a veg restaurant in Vienna, VA, outside Washington, DC, and I
think I did, but I had to add garlic, since I hadn't put any in the
other dishes!

I made the first two salads and let them marinate for about 3 hours, and
threw together the third (well, I opened the bag and dumped it in a
bowl) at dinnertime.

Woof
WorldsWorst

Sorry - but this sounds too complicated and tedious!! Are you not working
at present?

"Woof Ridge" > wrote in message

> Had a successful, simple, salad dinner last night?
>
> Something based on Kake's cauliflower salad:
> http://tinyurl.com/sj1m
> where I steamed the veg first, omitted the garlic and coriander leaf,
> added the salt to the dressing and then substituted plain old curry
> powder for garam masala. Changed it completely, now that I think about
> it, but got the inspiration from Kake's recipe
>
> Peeled sweet potatoes, and chopped into bite sized pieces, roasted at
> 450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, then mixed with dried
> chopped cranberries, chopped walnuts, and a dressing of lemon juice,
> orange juice, olive oil, and a bit of rice vinegar. I had this at a
> friends, and think she got it from a cookbook, but again I made up my
> version.
>
> Bagged washed green salad (Italian variety) with a dressing of 1 part
> soy sauce, 1 part rice vinegar, some crushed garlic, and a bit of
> sweetener. I'd have preferred rice syrup, but didn't have any, so I
> used honey. I'd been trying to duplicate the dressing I've had at
> Sunflower, a veg restaurant in Vienna, VA, outside Washington, DC, and I
> think I did, but I had to add garlic, since I hadn't put any in the
> other dishes!
>
> I made the first two salads and let them marinate for about 3 hours, and
> threw together the third (well, I opened the bag and dumped it in a
> bowl) at dinnertime.
>
> Woof

---

An easy quick meals For Dinner Tonight - Taco Salad John J. West General Cooking 10 23-02-2015 11:28 PM
easy salad sharifah General Cooking 59 05-09-2007 06:55 PM
Easy Malaysian Salad sharifah Recipes (moderated) 0 02-09-2007 01:48 PM
Easy Thai Chicken Salad craftydragon1951 Recipes (moderated) 0 29-01-2006 09:51 PM
Easy Tropical Fruit Salad [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 18-07-2005 06:01 AM